Purchase Wii at Amazon.com (11/19 @ Sun AM PST) + Pre-sales Now Shipping & Arriving

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/16 Edit, regarding new purchase opp:

Important News For Amazon.com Video Games Customers

The Nintendo Wii will be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 11/19, Sunday morning (PST). We will be limiting purchases to one per household and we anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as we've received 100 times more Wii email sign-ups than consoles we'll have available for sale (i.e., for every Nintendo Wii we'll have for sale, over 100 people have signed up to be notified).

We expect to receive periodic shipments of the Wii from Nintendo throughout the holidays and we will post availability updates on the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions on the Nintendo Wii product page:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0009VXBAQ.

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VXBAQ/104-0800133-1157516

One Day Shipping is $13.98. We need a Wii icon.

Edit 2:
The lastest about your Wii pre-orders from 9/15 are as follows:

Hello again,

Time to answer another batch of questions.

Several of you asked for a ballpark estimate as to when pre-orders would be up again, but unfortunately I don't have any information on that right now. As I've mentioned previously, we are still working with Nintendo on the details of our launch allotment, and I can't speculate as to when everything will be in place. Once again, your best bet is to sign up for email notification on the Wii detail page if you don't want to re-check our site every day.

Speaking of the email notification, there was a request for clarification on the timing of that email. We plan to send out an email to everyone on that list prior to the next pre-order window with all the relevant details on that window. This will hopefully give just about everyone an equal and fair chance at knowing when to come online and pre-order.

Regarding the launch day allotment, anyone who pre-orders a Wii prior to the November 19 launch can expect to get theirs as part of that first shipment. Past November 19, we will be opening up sales for further batches as we get them, which we hope will help minimize confusion. We know that customers who were able to get in on the last pre-order currently have a ship date of October listed on their order, which is obviously incorrect, but this will be updated when we have an actual delivery estimate, and those customers will receive an email regarding that change.

I still don't have any information on bundles or controller availability, which one of you asked for. However, I can tell you that in previous console launches, controller availability was not typically an issue.

Thanks again for your continued understanding, patience, and feedback.

- Jon G.
Amazon.com Video Games Editor

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Amazon will be taking pre-orders again once they know their actual alottment from Nintendo. All exisiting pre-orders from 9/15 will stand. It also looks like you'll get your console right at launch (no backorders, in otherwords, but no guarentee on launch day). Read all about it in in this discussion thread from the Amazon.com Video Game editor.
--------------------------------------------------------

Cheapy, you owe me for the comission on this one (just kidding). ;)

[quote name='pscloud']Curious if anyone who's used free shipping has received theirs yet. I'm in CA, haven't received mine. But I did use free shipping, so I knew it would take a while...[/QUOTE]

Yes I recieved mine Last Saturday(18th) with FREE super saver shipping. My experience with Amazon free shipping, Once the ship the item, is 2-3 days average when they go with USPS. The only delay is when they dont ship it right away, sometimes Amazon with delay and you order will be in procesing for 1-2 days before they ship it thus the long estimate on Amazon order page.

Where do you live? That's cool that you got yours that early...mine said it shipped out on the 18th...I hope to get it tomorrow before the weekend is out...

[quote name='pscloud']Where do you live? That's cool that you got yours that early...mine said it shipped out on the 18th...I hope to get it tomorrow before the weekend is out...[/QUOTE]

Shipped from KY to IL

[quote name='lordwow']I would like to think #3 would almost never happen. I would go apeshit on the delivery courier if this was the case (heck, I'd go off on them anyway). I guess it depends on where you live too. I didn't have mine shipped to my apartment because our packages get left in plain sight in a lobby that's accessible to anyone. In a situation like that, #1 is more likely.[/QUOTE]
It happens. Earlier this year I sent something to my sister. The post office delivered an empty package.

Damn, I cant believe some of you that ordered in September are just now getting your Wiis. Well, I guess its better than nothing seeing as how no stores have them in stock.

bread's done
Back