Purchase Wii at Amazon.com (11/19 @ Sun AM PST) + Pre-sales Now Shipping & Arriving

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/16 Edit, regarding new purchase opp:

Important News For Amazon.com Video Games Customers

The Nintendo Wii will be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 11/19, Sunday morning (PST). We will be limiting purchases to one per household and we anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as we've received 100 times more Wii email sign-ups than consoles we'll have available for sale (i.e., for every Nintendo Wii we'll have for sale, over 100 people have signed up to be notified).

We expect to receive periodic shipments of the Wii from Nintendo throughout the holidays and we will post availability updates on the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions on the Nintendo Wii product page:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0009VXBAQ.

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VXBAQ/104-0800133-1157516

One Day Shipping is $13.98. We need a Wii icon.

Edit 2:
The lastest about your Wii pre-orders from 9/15 are as follows:

Hello again,

Time to answer another batch of questions.

Several of you asked for a ballpark estimate as to when pre-orders would be up again, but unfortunately I don't have any information on that right now. As I've mentioned previously, we are still working with Nintendo on the details of our launch allotment, and I can't speculate as to when everything will be in place. Once again, your best bet is to sign up for email notification on the Wii detail page if you don't want to re-check our site every day.

Speaking of the email notification, there was a request for clarification on the timing of that email. We plan to send out an email to everyone on that list prior to the next pre-order window with all the relevant details on that window. This will hopefully give just about everyone an equal and fair chance at knowing when to come online and pre-order.

Regarding the launch day allotment, anyone who pre-orders a Wii prior to the November 19 launch can expect to get theirs as part of that first shipment. Past November 19, we will be opening up sales for further batches as we get them, which we hope will help minimize confusion. We know that customers who were able to get in on the last pre-order currently have a ship date of October listed on their order, which is obviously incorrect, but this will be updated when we have an actual delivery estimate, and those customers will receive an email regarding that change.

I still don't have any information on bundles or controller availability, which one of you asked for. However, I can tell you that in previous console launches, controller availability was not typically an issue.

Thanks again for your continued understanding, patience, and feedback.

- Jon G.
Amazon.com Video Games Editor

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Amazon will be taking pre-orders again once they know their actual alottment from Nintendo. All exisiting pre-orders from 9/15 will stand. It also looks like you'll get your console right at launch (no backorders, in otherwords, but no guarentee on launch day). Read all about it in in this discussion thread from the Amazon.com Video Game editor.
--------------------------------------------------------

Cheapy, you owe me for the comission on this one (just kidding). ;)

Thanks! I quallified for a free 30 day Trial of AmazonPrime so one day shipping was 3.99, and with no tax it was only 253.98!

[quote name='pop311']So if I preorder it with overnight shipping, Do i get it on the 19th, no matter what?[/QUOTE]

Updated the OP to rename that shipping "One Day Shipping". Details:

One-Day Shipping

*1 business day
*No weekend delivery; no P.O. boxes or APO/FPO
*Items may ship using a variety of methods, both air and ground
*Signature upon delivery required for shipments over $400
*Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery available for selected items

So, looks like you could get it on the 20th at the earliest, the 21st for sure. Then again, they shipped my PS2 before launch date...(didn't arrive until after the launch date because of the shipping I selected back then, which was the cheapest).

So basically I got overnight shipping hoping they ship out on friday cause weekend so I will have on monday. Since no Tax it's worth the 14.00 in shipping. And I think it has your credit card in a pending charge untill it ships. I will also be trying pick one up at a store though on sunday when it releases.

Oh well, preordered one and slapped it on my VISA card. The card expires is November so hopefully they charge me before the date on my card changes.

From past preorders on Amazon, they usually ship before the release date for delivery on the release date, if they get the item in stock in advance. I preordered several launch PSP games and got them on the release date.

[quote name='Bazz']So basically I got overnight shipping hoping they ship out on friday cause weekend so I will have on monday. Since no Tax it's worth the 14.00 in shipping. And I think it has your credit card in a pending charge untill it ships. I will also be trying pick one up at a store though on sunday when it releases.[/QUOTE]

I edited post 5 to reflect my thoughts (for what it's worth).

Just did my pre-order. Had to be a cheap ass and go with the free shipping!!!

I'm betting it will still show up on launch day. I've gotten less than 24 hour turnaround before from Amazon on free shipping.

Haha I'm to scared to put down free shipping I don't want be waiting a week before I see it even though nice to save 15.00 , but you may be right.

Ugh, I got my previous info wrong on when my PS2 shipped from them. Ignore my previous info and read this:

OK, I looked at my order history at Amazon. Oct 26th was PS2 launch day. Oct 27th was when Amazon shipped. Keep in mind, this was a Thursday and a Friday. With that, I think the Wii would ship on the 20th (Monday) and arrive on the 21st if selecting 1 day shipping.

No they would have items ship on friday like the Nintendo DS started shipping on the friday cause system launched on a sunday and they have the product on hand that thursday ready for launch.

Ordered. Beats taking a chance on release day, would be the same price with tax included and CheapyD has to get Pizaid.

By the way amazon really stupid for not taking preorders for Zelda Wii and an extra controller yet cause I was looking to buy them to.

Ordered as well. Even with the tax free order, I had to go true cheapass and get the Super Saver Shipping.

Has anyone who had pre-ordered anything from Amazon not gotten their item on or a few days after the launch day?

Woo hoo! I've been in the midst of an Amazon Prime free trial and the A9 discount-- I booted it up to overnight for $3.99 and with the A9 discount, my overnight shipped total is $249.99. :) Nothing like not having to pay tax!!

Interesting, though, because I put a "notify me when pre-order availble" thing on yesterday (all that was available for the Wii) and it didn't tell me, I had to read it here. Thank you, OP!!

[quote name='Justin42']Woo hoo! I've been in the midst of an Amazon Prime free trial and the A9 discount-- I booted it up to overnight for $3.99 and with the A9 discount, my overnight shipped total is $249.99. :) Nothing like not having to pay tax!!

Interesting, though, because I put a "notify me when pre-order availble" thing on yesterday (all that was available for the Wii) and it didn't tell me, I had to read it here. Thank you, OP!![/quote]Those things lie I promise I did same thing I never get emails from these places last year for 360 I put email me at every store and I got the email like 4 months later when everyone had in stock.

For all the Amazon prime free trial people, make sure to cancel before the 3 months is over, or they will charge you $79

Funny, I just checked my order confirmation email and it said...

Shipping estimate for these items: September 22, 2006 - September 29, 2006

Delivery estimate: September 25, 2006 - October 2, 2006

Break the street date! :bomb:
Break the street date! :bomb:

I'm sure it's just a placeholder for the real ship date, but you can always dream, right?

Thanks! Pre-ordered. Might cancel it later for an instore pre-order.

$600 PS3 can suck it :D I'll go Wii60 when the 360 gets a few more non-FPS/non-racer games that I'm interested in.

Really miffed about the price of everything considering the rhetoric Nintendo used to justify its lack of power, but the NIntendo whore in me has to bite on that. 3.99 for 1-day shipping and no tax or lines? Can't pass that up! Thanks OP!

[quote name='pop311']For all the Amazon prime free trial people, make sure to cancel before the 3 months is over, or they will charge you $79[/quote]
Well, they'd have to have a credit card from me to which they could charge $79. But they don't. :D

Damn... this is a tough decision. I suppose I can always cancel it. I just have a shit-ton of EB credit I'm planning on using, which is a hell of a lot bigger discount than tax-free.

Eh, I'll wait. Otherwise the $700 in EB credit will take years to burn through.

sweet, it comes in with packed in games. When was the last time a systemed launched with a game packed in with it? Last one I bought was the SNES.

Don't forget, many states, such as Georgia, require you to pay sales tax for items purchased from other states for which sales tax has not been paid when you file your annual tax form.

You can list it on tax form ST-3USE for Georgia. Check your local state revenue web site for further information.

Yeah, right.

It didn't give me the option to choose 1-day shipping so I did the standard 3-5 day shipping for $4.49. I buy a lot of stuff with Super Saver Shipping and they don't make those items a priority. They seem to ship those whenever they get around to. So that's why I didn't do the free shipping.

[quote name='pop311']For all the Amazon prime free trial people, make sure to cancel before the 3 months is over, or they will charge you $79[/quote]

You can disable the auto-renew within your account settings. Can't recall exactly where but I've done it before and they do not charge you when the trial is over.

[quote name='Diiz']Amazon doesn't charge until the product ships, correct?[/quote]

According to what they said in their help section, thats correct. No charge until ship

Just to confirm, they are only releasing one version of this console, right? not like the Core & Premium Xbox360 type of thing.

[quote name='mrspock']Just to confirm, they are only releasing one version of this console, right? not like the Core & Premium Xbox360 type of thing.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, sir.

bread's done
Back