Put On Your Yarmulke, Here Comes HanukkOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Temporaryscars']Do like I do and reload your own ammo. Talk about scary...

Rocko, just remember to always be safe, listen to the guy instructing you and never, ever point a gun at something you don't mean to destroy. Also, finger OFF the trigger at all times until you're ready to fire. You'll naturally want to rest your finger on the trigger but you'll need to ignore that instinct.

Unless you're shooting a Mosin, 12 gauge or some sort of 50 BMG, you'll probably be surprised at how little they actually recoil.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, my dad drilled basic firearm safety into me years ago when he would show me his guns, although I never got to fire one. I shot a 9mm and .45 (don't know much more about them than that...) and it was pretty entertaining. Weirdly, it was both more and less powerful than I expected... the recoil was less than I expected, but it was a lot more humbling than I thought to shoot just because it was a lot of power of my hand, I guess. I would definitely go again, I enjoyed it.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I know it has gotten shit on pretty hard, but I kind of like Windows 8. It is going to take some getting used to, but there are a lot of nice things about it.[/QUOTE]
gf's grandma got a new PC with Windows 8 and what I've seen of it looks really nice. Not sure if I'd go so far as to upgrade my PC to it, but it looks like it'd be fun to learn and play with.

[quote name='Rocko']Yeah, my dad drilled basic firearm safety into me years ago when he would show me his guns, although I never got to fire one. I shot a 9mm and .45 (don't know much more about them than that...) and it was pretty entertaining. Weirdly, it was both more and less powerful than I expected... the recoil was less than I expected, but it was a lot more humbling than I thought to shoot just because it was a lot of power of my hand, I guess. I would definitely go again, I enjoyed it.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when I first shot handguns, I was surprised by how little recoil there actually was but also surprised at how loud they were. I thought I could shoot the dinky little 9mm round without hearing protection...big mistake.

I just purchased a new tv to replace the 32" LCD we had that got fried in a recent thunder storm. Anyone have any advice on what to do with the broken one, short of taking it to the recycling center?

To be honest, windows 8 felt natural to me the first day I've tried it only because I've watched several videos on youtube on win 8 tablets lol.

So Vita games don't come with manuals any more... it's stored on the cart. That's kind of disappointing, even though I never opened them. It's literally just a little cartridge inside a bare case.

I'm so glad 2012 is over. Most of it consisted of paying thousands on car repairs and dealing with drama from work and family (more than usual). I can only think of four good things that happened to me in 2012:

1. Going to Wrestlemania.

2. Getting a complete release of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo on DVD. Seriously, this was stuck in licensing hell for years and finally it's available in full for everyone.

3. Entering a tournament [in house] for the first time at American Top Team and placing 3rd. Training with a bunch of great people really gets my mind off of work; I just wish I did more of it in 2012.

4. Winning a $50 Amazon gift card.

I really hope 2013 is better.

[quote name='Rocko']So Vita games don't come with manuals any more... it's stored on the cart. That's kind of disappointing, even though I never opened them. It's literally just a little cartridge inside a bare case.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's especially annoying. I'm very particular about getting my games complete (even used) so them missing manuals is frustrating. It's even worse because not all games are missing manuals, just most. Be nice if there was a list of what games come with what.

Yesterday felt like a Sunday. After breakfast I kept wondering why I couldn't find any NFL games on.
Today's now a Monday. Just feels...off.

I don't get the practical implementation of Ultraviolet. Vudu seems to be one of the main platforms for UV movies, which I have a couple from Blu-rays I've gotten as of late. The problem is that they don't support watching them on any platform other than Android from what I've tried, though I'd prefer to have access to them on PS3 and/or Xbox 360. It at least sort of addresses my disappointment with how much the Digital Copies of my Blu-rays hate Android for some reason.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']As a former student of Florida State, it warms my heart to see Florida self destruct on national television.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to see an SEC school play like an ACC school on the big stage.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Yea, that's especially annoying. I'm very particular about getting my games complete (even used) so them missing manuals is frustrating. It's even worse because not all games are missing manuals, just most. Be nice if there was a list of what games come with what.[/QUOTE]

Look on Youtube for unboxing videos. There's usually at least one video of just about every game being opened. I like GOTY editions and the HD Collections of PS2 games, but I also like having the manuals and maps that came with the original versions. Looking at the videos helps me see what comes with what.

The PSN store is so freaking slow. Then to add insult to injury, after I downloaded the demo (of Ni No Kuni) I had to manually start a ridiculously lengthy install because I had queued several things up in the background. I ended up having to leave it run over night. It wasn't even that big (for a FiOS connection - obviously FiOS isn't the bottleneck). Which is another issue: I can't power the thing off and have the download continue like I can on the Xbox. Not a massive issue, but still annoying. The other 2 demos I downloaded, I guess I'll have to manually start the install of today, and sit around for an hour or two while they do their thing.

#NewToPS3Problems

I think you can power off the :ps3: and resume your download later. Frisky will correct me if I'm wrong.

I've left it running over night numerous times for the big downloads though. No problems with it.

It certainly gave me time to reflect!

Yes, apparently you can power off and then resume later, but there's no a lot of point in that. The Xbox I can power off mid-download and it will continue the download completely silently and with minimal power use. The PS3 you have to leave on with fans whirring. It does shut off afterward, though I'm not sure if it shut off immediately, or if it waited for the timeout (2 hours I think).

When you go to shutdown from the system menu (not just by pressing the PS button)
there's a little box you can check to choose "Turn System off after download completes."

Kansas City Chiefs hired Andy Reid...all I can say is I hope you have better luck than Philly did and doesn't take 14 years to materialize.

[quote name='Number83']Kansas City Chiefs hired Andy Reid...all I can say is I hope you have better luck than Philly did and doesn't take 14 years to materialize.[/QUOTE]

At this point I would take 5 NFC Championship appearances and a Super Bowl loss. At least that equates to more than one playoff win in 16 years.

I really hope Oddibe McDowell's water bill makes the Deadspin HOF. When I moved from Texas to NC in 1999 my friend gave me an Oddibe McDowell rookie card. He forged the autograph and tried to pass it off as authentic. We both agreed that even if it was authentic the card was probably still worth the same.

[quote name='crunchewy']The PSN store is so freaking slow. Then to add insult to injury, after I downloaded the demo (of Ni No Kuni) I had to manually start a ridiculously lengthy install because I had queued several things up in the background. I ended up having to leave it run over night. It wasn't even that big (for a FiOS connection - obviously FiOS isn't the bottleneck). Which is another issue: I can't power the thing off and have the download continue like I can on the Xbox. Not a massive issue, but still annoying. The other 2 demos I downloaded, I guess I'll have to manually start the install of today, and sit around for an hour or two while they do their thing.

#NewToPS3Problems[/QUOTE]

I just discovered the ridiculous way they handle game downloads. To dl a 15gb game you need 30gb of space. Doesn't make sense. Can't complain too much though since that was a free game I was dling.

Idk why but suddenly I started thinking about the first time I flossed my teeth. After flossing each tooth I would smell and string, and it was nasty. So much gunk, saliva, and blood. The smell of all 3 combined was just... blerrghh

Its funny though. I only began flossing regularly after watching a tv interview starring anne hathaway. She mentioned about how she was able to tell that one of the actors she had kissed in one of her movies has never flossed before lol.

D:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maklershed']I just discovered the ridiculous way they handle game downloads. To dl a 15gb game you need 30gb of space. Doesn't make sense. Can't complain too much though since that was a free game I was dling.[/QUOTE]

You need to have double the downloads space to install it. so if its 2gb you would need 4gb. I think after you download you get the "reserved space" back.
Idk why its like that it just is.

Hot Chocolate and Kahlua as a nightcap.

If I can't get past this part in Saints Row 2, I'm moving on.

I'm looking forward to playing the Arkham City GOTY I got for Christmas. yet I'm hesitant, for once it's finished there's nothing that good to replace it. (I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum. did all the riddles and most of the trophies. Even considered a second playthough on hard. Something I never do)

[quote name='eldergamer']Hot Chocolate and Kahlua as a nightcap.

If I can't get past this part in Saints Row 2, I'm moving on.

I'm looking forward to playing the Arkham City GOTY I got for Christmas. yet I'm hesitant, for once it's finished there's nothing that good to replace it. (I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum. did all the riddles and most of the trophies. Even considered a second playthough on hard. Something I never do)[/QUOTE]

Have you played Deus ex human revolution?

I played arkham city after finishing Deus ex. It feels great playing one epic game after another.

Rented it from gamefly once. Generally, I'm not a fan of FPS though. Will maybe try it again once it goes super cheap.

Portal 2. Yeah. It's up there on my "Games I'm anxious to play" list. Technically, I should play it before Arkham City since I acquired it first.

I'd also like to get back into Quantum Conundrum and finish that too.

I am going to be parting out some Halo 4 Mtn Dew 2x-XP codes I've been hoarding. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Also-
Two enthusiastic thumbs up for Siesta Key spiced rum, sh*ts golden, wherever Manthing is I hope he eventually gets a hold of some. I've never enjoyed nursing a straight spiced rum before.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I am going to be parting out some Halo 4 Mtn Dew 2x-XP codes I've been hoarding. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Also-
Two enthusiastic thumbs up for Siesta Key spiced rum, sh*ts golden, wherever Manthing is I hope he eventually gets a hold of some. I've never enjoyed nursing a straight spiced rum before.[/QUOTE]

PM sent.

Bummer I didn't think about dew XP codes until it was too late, so by the time I tried going to grocery stores for codes, all the Doritos bags were already gone.

I went through the second and third seasons of The Wire in the past week and a half. I really want to take a little time off to let things sink in before I start the fourth season, but it's just so damn good.

For as slow as I thought S3 started out, it really picked up and turned out great. I honestly can't ever remember a moment in all of my TV viewing that literally took my breath like when
Stringer Bell got killed. I was sitting there thinking, "Eh they're not really going to kill him off", and then came the shotgun blast. I mean, I wanted him to get his eventually, but I wasn't expecting it to happen then.
:cold:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back