Put On Your Yarmulke, Here Comes HanukkOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished watching that show about a month ago. Fantastic show, though I felt that the last two seasons weren't quite as good as the first three.

I watched Asylum of the Daleks when it came on. Was my first full length Who epsiode. (had caught bits and pieces here and there).

Saw a few others out of sequence on BBC America. Started watching at the beginning with "Rose" on Netflix. will finish watching that tonight, and hopefully keep on a steady diet of it.

Morning, OTT.

[quote name='craven_fiend']How goes it 83? How's the family and the future football star?[/QUOTE]

Things are well, CF...and you?

He's all done with football for now (until Arena starts in 3 weeks), and we're on to Basketball. I'll just say, he should probably stick to football. He can pick up rebounds like a vacuum cleaner...he just can't put it in the basket, or dribble, or pass...I liken him to Dennis Rodman, without the tatoos.

He has fun though and always has a smile while playing, so that's all that really matters.

Reached Act 3 on my very first Dragon Age 2 playthrough nightmare difficulty. Its not hard as long as you have the right build and party combination.

It was frustrating as hell in the begining though. I had to kite a lot.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

Things are well, CF...and you?

He's all done with football for now (until Arena starts in 3 weeks), and we're on to Basketball. I'll just say, he should probably stick to football. He can pick up rebounds like a vacuum cleaner...he just can't put it in the basket, or dribble, or pass...I liken him to Dennis Rodman, without the tatoos.

He has fun though and always has a smile while playing, so that's all that really matters.[/QUOTE]

Things are well here as well.

I completely agree with your last sentence. It is crazy how much my little man has changed when he plays sports. Last year during basketball he was a bit timid and not sure about it. He warmed up during teeball and soccer. And now he is to the point in basketball that he is one of the better kids on his team and is always smiling or being a goofball during practices. He may only be 5, but he could end up being a good basketball player, assuming he grows and stays athletic.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']http://kotaku.com/5973894/because-you-subconsciously-demanded-it-the-spiritual-successor-to-shaq-fu

How the fuck is Shaq's spiritual successor to Shaq-Fu not getting more coverage on CAG?[/QUOTE]

Because CAG is full of racists?

___

in other news, I downloaded and installed the $15 Windows 8...Looks slick, but on the negative, I seem to have lost all my installed programs including Office 2010, to which I can't seem to locate my disk to reinstall. And my sons Science Fair project is was on it, and the documents seem to be unreadable.

[quote name='Number83']Because CAG is full of racists?

___

in other news, I downloaded and installed the $15 Windows 8...Looks slick, but on the negative, I seem to have lost all my installed programs including Office 2010, to which I can't seem to locate my disk to reinstall. And my sons Science Fair project is was on it, and the documents seem to be unreadable.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I know that when I installed it on my desktop it actually crapped out and I had to reformat the whole machine. One of the windows updates after I installed 8 killed the install. When I installed it on my laptop, I actually had it carry over everything, and it seemed to install fine on that machine and nothing was messed up (windows failed an update, but it didn't kill the os and force a reformat).

Morning, OTT.

I was able to download a 60 day trial of Microsoft Offie 2010. That will get me through the Science Fair and hopefully I can find my Office CD around by the time its up. I noticed that there is a windows.old file on my computer that has my version of Office. Is there a way I can scrub those files and locate the Product key?

I still have to play the vast majority of XCOM yet, so no DLC for me. It's a great game, but I keep ending up with other games to play too.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

I was able to download a 60 day trial of Microsoft Offie 2010. That will get me through the Science Fair and hopefully I can find my Office CD around by the time its up. I noticed that there is a windows.old file on my computer that has my version of Office. Is there a way I can scrub those files and locate the Product key?[/QUOTE]

Possibly but unlikely. Keys are usually stored in the Registry, sometimes encrypted. However, if you run the application there's a chance that the product key will be listed on the splash screen or under "About..." as Microsoft is sometimes apt to do.

been playing so much dragon age 2, and i suddenly have the urge to call people "shem" or "shemlen" randomly.

watch where yer goin shem.
what you up to shem?
yer kind isnt allowed ere shem

So does anyone have opinions on the newest kindles (non-fire)? My kindle 3 broke, and I either want the $69 regular one or the paperwhite. Is it worth the extra $50 for the better resolution with the paperwhite?

I want a paperwhite but I haven't seen one in the wild. I guess it depends on how you read. I read in bed, so with a paperwhite I won't need to get up and night and turn off the light. I can keep the lights off and read.

But I still need to see one. Because I might not like the glowy screen. I guess, ask yourself if you read at night in bed? If yes, then at least consider the paperwhite. If not, save the money.

I have a nice book light, so that's not the main attraction. I'm more into the higher resolution. Or am I wrong about that?

[quote name='munch']So does anyone have opinions on the newest kindles (non-fire)? My kindle 3 broke, and I either want the $69 regular one or the paperwhite. Is it worth the extra $50 for the better resolution with the paperwhite?[/QUOTE]

I have the paperwhite and I absolutely love it. Backlight, better resolution, super fast dl speed, touch screen, and my favorite thing - it has an auto sleep / auto on feature if you use the official cover. I can't recommend the paperwhite enough.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I doubt it happens but I really hope Bowie tours behind his new album.[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhhh man that would be amazing. Hearing Changes live would be the most incredible experience.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']What did camoor do to warrant a temp ban? Just Curious.[/QUOTE]

dohdough also got one. I think it involved the same thread, the one about looking back at old internet posts.

I thought everything on the internet expired after six months.

In other news, I'm shocked at Curt Schilling's vote totals and that he didn't make the all of Fame on the first ballow. Yes, he's not the greatest of human beings. I remmember him from Philly and nobody liked him then. But the man is clearly, clearly a HoF pitcher. He got less than 40% of the vote!

For personal attacks?

Eh.
Need to come up with a dinner location for date with the wife on Friday. Maybe something Portlandish. Have always wanted to go to the food carts, but don't want to brave all the downtown traffic and street kids/homeless and lack of parking.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I thought everything on the internet expired after six months.

In other news, I'm shocked at Curt Schilling's vote totals and that he didn't make the all of Fame on the first ballow. Yes, he's not the greatest of human beings. I remmember him from Philly and nobody liked him then. But the man is clearly, clearly a HoF pitcher. He got less than 40% of the vote![/QUOTE]

HoF...debatable but bordering on probably. however, he is certainly not a first ballot HoF'er.

[quote name='Number83']HoF...debatable but bordering on probably. however, he is certainly not a first ballot HoF'er.[/QUOTE]

Whether somebody is first ballot material or not shouldn't matter. What difference is it if a guy gets in the first year or his last year of eligibility? The end result is still the same, and it's nonsense to think otherwise.

[quote name='JStryke']Whether somebody is first ballot material or not shouldn't matter. What difference is it if a guy gets in the first year or his last year of eligibility? The end result is still the same, and it's nonsense to think otherwise.[/QUOTE]

So there is no difference between a First Ballot HoF'er like Mike Schmidt and say Ryne Sandberg, someone who was not? And if you say no, then you are delusional.

And while I agree with you in principle that it should not matter, unfortunately it does. What you have is an issue with is the voting process, which in and of itself is a travesty.

[quote name='Maklershed']Did you ever watch Extras? One of the greatest guest appearances on a tv show ever. "Sad little fat man, lonely little loser" :lol:[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten around to watching it. I have The Larry Sanders Show, Curb, and 24 in the queue to watch before I get to something new. I also have four seasons of Breaking Bad to watch.

Ok. This is the worst shirt design I've ever seen on any of the daily shirt sites and beyond...

4584638305.swf

If I saw that in public, I would assume someone was rocking a slavery t-shirt.

Wow. I just watched a show on Gengis Kahn on the history channel. He slept with and raped so many women, that genetic testing across asia has determined that aproximately 32 million men and women living today are descendents of Gengis Kahn.

32 million! That's in roughly 27 generations from the time of his death.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Wow. I just watched a show on Gengis Kahn on the history channel. He slept with and raped so many women, that genetic testing across asia has determined that aproximately 32 million men and women living today are descendents of Gengis Kahn.

32 million! That's in roughly 27 generations from the time of his death.[/QUOTE]

I find it hard to believe that History aired anything other than dudes looking to pawn their grandparents' stuff for gambling money or two guys pulling rusty signs out of a barn.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I find it hard to believe that History aired anything other than dudes looking to pawn their grandparents' stuff for gambling money or two guys pulling rusty signs out of a barn.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's true hat the dya after they did a thing on ancient aliens.

Sup OTT.
Lately ive read about TTM. It stands for "Thru The Mail" Its when you send stuff to your favorite ballplayer and hope they send it back , though it can apply to just about anyone. So basically its fan mail haha :booty:
well ive been thinking of doing it.Has anyone done something like it before?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I find it hard to believe that History aired anything other than dudes looking to pawn their grandparents' stuff for gambling money or two guys pulling rusty signs out of a barn.[/QUOTE]
haha i use to watch the history channel all the time,and most of it wasnt even history. I remember in high school my science teacher laughed at the idea that the history channel things other than history.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Holy crap. Bread is as addictive as crack. http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co...y-09-2013/thought-for-food---wheat-addictions[/QUOTE]

Im not surprised. I LOVE bread. Now im ganna try and not eat any to see if i just like it or if its an addiction.

After 8.5 years, I think it's time to leave my work at Target. I tried to be loyal to them and took all their excuses for making me do their work while my workload was incomplete. I rarely take days off so it really hit the fan when I was approved for one day off (unpaid even though I asked for paid) and rewarded with a schedule that has me working 10 days straight.

I had a meltdown to the point where all I ate was a small bag of potato chips and nothing else (so much for bread addiction). It was hard enough to get a job back then so I can't image how bad it will be now to find something new. But yeah, it's time for me to move on.

Morning, OTT

DoPhilly Soft Pretzels count as bread? Because I can eat 100's of those!

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']Sup OTT.
Lately ive read about TTM. It stands for "Thru The Mail" Its when you send stuff to your favorite ballplayer and hope they send it back , though it can apply to just about anyone. So basically its fan mail haha :booty:
well ive been thinking of doing it.Has anyone done something like it before?
[/QUOTE]

Back when I was younger (early to mid-80's), I used to send items to to sports stars to to have them signed and sent back. Items included Baseballs, cards, Mini-footballs, etc. Most of the time, I would get the item back as undeliverable, but I did get a few signatures. I have a signed Dan Fouts football card and a Steve Jeltz baseball. The coolest item I got was a Harold Carmichael signed Jersey. Reason I say that is because I only sent him a card to sign.

[quote name='Cage017']After 8.5 years, I think it's time to leave my work at Target. I tried to be loyal to them and took all their excuses for making me do their work while my workload was incomplete. I rarely take days off so it really hit the fan when I was approved for one day off (unpaid even though I asked for paid) and rewarded with a schedule that has me working 10 days straight.

I had a meltdown to the point where all I ate was a small bag of potato chips and nothing else (so much for bread addiction). It was hard enough to get a job back then so I can't image how bad it will be now to find something new. But yeah, it's time for me to move on.[/QUOTE]

I've been working there myself for almost 2 1/2 years at this point, and I can't even see how someone could be there for as long as you have. Having ten straight work days makes me think you're a team lead to get those hours. Right now I think my hours have dropped to 25, to 14, and now up to 20 on the newest schedule.

Even if it's to go to a gas station, I'm tempted to look for a new job just for more hours even if the pay is the same. Not like it could be worse. Granted, I'm only still there because job hunting is not my forte to begin with.

While adding a book to my Goodreads list today, this was on the "Recently Updated" list.

"Dan" says it's really hot. I'm sure all you other MMA fans would like to give it a try? ;)
17232283.jpg

Checking for book on Amazon. Now Amazon thinks I'm interested. Amazon, NO!

Last edited by a moderator:
My ship has finally come in!!!!

OFFICIAL LETTER FROM FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION FBI
ROBERT MUELLER III EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FBI FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
FBI.WASHINGTON DC.

FBI SEEKING TO WIRETAP INTERNET

ATTENTION: BENEFICIARY

FROM: ROBERT MUELLER III EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FBI FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION WASHINGTON DC. FBI SEEKING TO WIRETAP INTERNET

The federal bureau of investigation (FBI).Through our intelligence-monitoring network has discovered that the transaction that the bank contacted you previously was legal.Recentlythe fund has been legally approved to be paid via Central Bank of Nigeria.

So, we, the federal bureau of investigation (FBI) Washington Dc, in conjunction with the United Nations (UN) financial department have investigated through our monitoring network noting that your transaction with the Central Bank of Nigeria legal. You have the legitimate right to complete your transaction to claim your fund US$10.7,000,000.00 (Ten million Seven Hundred Thousand united states dollars)
Because of so much scam going on in Nigeria.We the federal bureau of investigation decided to contact the FedEx Courier Service Company in Nigeria
for them to give us their procedures on how to sent this money to you without any further complain or delay. We just got an information from the Central Bank of Nigeria and they have loaded your US$10.7,000,000.00 in ATM CARD and submit to the FedEx courier service company for immediate delivery to your doorstep.

You are required to choose one option, which you will be able to pay and also convenient for you, for quick delivery of your parcel containing your ATM CARD and other two original back up documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back