Quantum Break - PC version free if you pre-order Xbox One version, also free Alan Wake + expansions

boylover

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/quantum-break-xbox-one-digital-download/1000006305.p?id=1000006304&skuId=1000006305

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/

All copies of Quantum Break on Xbox One will come with Alan Wake + DLC episodes playable on the 360 and Xbox One (now backwards compatible).

Pre-orders will also get you download codes to redeem for the Windows 10 PC version of Quantum Break, and the Xbox version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (also X1 compatible).

Basically, if you really wanted to just play the PC version of Quantum Break you could easily pre-order this, get the download code, then sell your Xbox One copy. You'll also score the Alan Wake downloads.

The article says pre-order at Xbox Store or "participating retailers" though none are specifically mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone preorder a physical version from microsoftstore.com? I know the $10 (or $15 for xbox reward members) is supposed to be emailed out 10-14 days later, but does anyone know how American Nightmare was supposed to be supplied? I don't think it was listed as a bonus when I ordered in November, but it was on the page a few days ago. AW+DLC came as a code in the box, but I'm not sure if AN will come as an email after a few days.

I received my download code for American Nightmare after I picked up the game. I already own American Nightmare though so if someone wants the code, I'd be willing to part with it. 

I've only been able to play through Act 1 and the first half of Act 2 so far in Quantum Break and gotta say that I love this game! It's nothing groundbreaking, but the gameplay is solid and a lot of fun with the time manipulation powers. Granted I've only seen the first episode, but the TV show is pretty good as well for what it is. Really stoked to get off work and play some more though, the story is great and I want to see more of it.

I received my download code for American Nightmare after I picked up the game. I already own American Nightmare though so if someone wants the code, I'd be willing to part with it.
I'd be interested in AN. Never played it. What are you looking to get for it?

Hey wow! Cool. Thanks!
No problem! Wanted to share the love with the CAG community. I own both Alan Wake and American Nightmare, so I wasn't going to be using the code. I may use the Alan Wake code though because I never did buy the DLC, which is included with the digital version included with Quantum Break, but I do own a physical copy of Alan Wake.

After spending a little more time with the game, I'm unsure about it. The jumping/platforming isn't very good. At the port? where all the warehouses and trains are, I had alot of trouble getting the character to jump/climb. Also I've missed a few upgrade points, because I couldn't figure out where they were.

Don't get me wrong, it's a solid game, just not GOTY material IMO.

After spending a little more time with the game, I'm unsure about it. The jumping/platforming isn't very good. At the port? where all the warehouses and trains are, I had alot of trouble getting the character to jump/climb. Also I've missed a few upgrade points, because I couldn't figure out where they were.

Don't get me wrong, it's a solid game, just not GOTY material IMO.
I agree the platforming, which is minimal, isn't the best and the jumping isn't that great either. Luckily the game doesn't require much platforming or jumping and when it does that stuff works fine. I never pegged Quantum Break as a GOTY contender though and agree the game is solid. I haven't had more than a few hours with the game so far, but I can see that this is one of my favorite Xbox One Exclusives so far and maybe even my favorite Remedy game.

I think if you're basing this game's GOTY candidacy on its platforming, you need to have your head examined. Nearly every element of this game is top-notch - better than all of the competition, or at least equal. The story is strong. The characters are interesting. The dialogue is fantastic. The actors fit the roles and do a very good job. Everything looks great. The mechanics are smooth and well designed. It's unique and interesting and offers an opportunity to replay to change the story in (perhaps) meaningful ways.

I'm not saying it's definitely GOTY, but at least play through the thing before you decide which phantom game is better. Lots of man hours went into creating some great entertainment, here.

I think if you're basing this game's GOTY candidacy on its platforming, you need to have your head examined. Nearly every element of this game is top-notch - better than all of the competition, or at least equal. The story is strong. The characters are interesting. The dialogue is fantastic. The actors fit the roles and do a very good job. Everything looks great. The mechanics are smooth and well designed. It's unique and interesting and offers an opportunity to replay to change the story in (perhaps) meaningful ways.

I'm not saying it's definitely GOTY, but at least play through the thing before you decide which phantom game is better. Lots of man hours went into creating some great entertainment, here.
But it's 720p and 30 FPS, man. No game can win an award with stats like that. It's unforgivable, right?

Going through the negative reviews on Metacritic, that's basically what everything is. It reeks of fanboy crying, just complaints about the resolution and the length of the game. The latter just seems to be retaliation because The Order reviewed poorly.

But it's 720p and 30 FPS, man. No game can win an award with stats like that. It's unforgivable, right?

Going through the negative reviews on Metacritic, that's basically what everything is. It reeks of fanboy crying, just complaints about the resolution and the length of the game. The latter just seems to be retaliation because The Order reviewed poorly.
Really people are seriously comparing Quantum Break to The Order? I own The Order and have yet to even open the game and play it, but isn't it only about a 4 hour game with very little to do. Quantum Break has a lot to do and see is at least a 10 hour game, which is a solid time for a game like this and I definitely don't want every game I play to be 100+ hours long as I do like to be able to complete my games before my backlog stacks up more.

People are actually comparing it to the Order? The order was pretty, but even shorter than Quantum Break. It really was standard shooter affair with no replayability. QB at least has some interesting gameplay mechanics with all the different time abilities and it's longer and has some replayability for the different choices that are made.

QB> The order in just about every aspect. . It's still not a perfect game, but a solid 8/10. I can't see GOTY though unless all the games remaining this year tank

I didn't even realize that MicrosoftStore.com sold the digital copy. Sure enough, there it is. Even says you have until April 10th to redeem the code for the Window 10 copy. Seems like the best deal. Even better with a Golden Crisp $10 off $25 coupon. :)

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Quantum-Break-for-Xbox-One/productID.335339100
Well, glad that I got some of you guys to jump on the deal, wish I'd known about the Golden Crisp coupon b4, but it might have been a bit of a longshot to find one anyway.

So far the game seems entertaining, I figure we'll start getting all the W10 when we get the Alan Wake codes, in about a week.

Also, for Xbox rewards members note this:

$10 Xbox gift code will be delivered within 10 days after game’s release.
Xbox Rewards members will receive rewards credit in their Xbox Rewards Live account in place of an Xbox gift code within 15 days after game’s release

And for those who preordered on Microsoft.com, note this:
https://rewards.xbox.com/mymissions/

Pre-order the hottest games, get 15,000 Rewards Credits
Exclusive to Xbox Live Rewards members, you can pre-order your Xbox One or Xbox 360 games through Microsoftstore.com and earn 15,000 Rewards Credits for each pre-orderable game that ships by June 30, 2016. You’ll not only get an extra pre-order bonus as an Xbox Live Rewards member, you'll also receive free shipping. Order now to guarantee free release day delivery on select games!†

I mentions it as an EXTRA pre-order bonus, and 15,000 reward points = $15... So unless I'm misreading something, congratulations, those who are members of Xbox Rewards and preordered the digital code on Microsoftstore.com, got both versions, the Alan Wake bonuses and 25,000 xbox rewards ($25) for 59.99, no tax

People are actually comparing it to the Order? The order was pretty, but even shorter than Quantum Break. It really was standard shooter affair with no replayability. QB at least has some interesting gameplay mechanics with all the different time abilities and it's longer and has some replayability for the different choices that are made.

QB> The order in just about every aspect. . It's still not a perfect game, but a solid 8/10. I can't see GOTY though unless all the games remaining this year tank
Yeah, I really enjoyed The Order, but I beat it in two days and didn't even consider replaying it. It was fun and looked great, though!

Yeah, I really enjoyed The Order, but I beat it in two days and didn't even consider replaying it. It was fun and looked great, though!
How long is Quantum Break? The review I just watched said 10-12hrs.
Also, does that include the episodes?

As for The Order, took me roughly 5-6hrs, rented it and watched my roommate beat it only to hand it to me and I beat it the same day.

I forget where I read it, but when I pre-ordered it said the Windows 10 code would be messages 5 or 7 days after release. Be patient people.

I forget where I read it, but when I pre-ordered it said the Windows 10 code would be messages 5 or 7 days after release. Be patient people.
It said "the week of April 5th" whatever in the hell that means. Could be up to 7 days from Tuesday or upto Sunday, who knows.

i dunno i like when games are 10-12 hours...it alraedy takes me forever to beat a game because of time but a 10-12 hour game will take me about 3 weeks to finish lol...also does anyone know if you can pause in the middle of 1 of the "episodes" and continue later on? or do you have to watch the whole show or skip and then save?

i dunno i like when games are 10-12 hours...it alraedy takes me forever to beat a game because of time but a 10-12 hour game will take me about 3 weeks to finish lol...also does anyone know if you can pause in the middle of 1 of the "episodes" and continue later on? or do you have to watch the whole show or skip and then save?
You can skip it then rewatch it from the "timeline" menu

It's set up like Netflix or any other streaming video service, you can pause, rewind, fast-forward, etc. The episodes are just a little under 30 minutes each and they stream them, but you also have the option to download them as well. The episodes also factor in the overall time it takes to beat the game. So out of the 10-12 hours, you'll spend 2 1/2 of those hours watching the show. I've not gotten far into the game so I have only seen the first episode so far, but I enjoyed it. The show definitely won't be winning any awards for it's writing and special effects, but in the context of the game world it's really good stuff. I'd say the show itself is on par with a SyFy or CW original show both in terms of writing and quality of effects.

i find some gitches in the game and still no code for the W10 Ver

It said "the week of April 5th" whatever in the hell that means. Could be up to 7 days from Tuesday or upto Sunday, who knows.
The "week of" means that same week. Meaning we should have them by Saturday. If they meant 7 days, they should have just said "up to 7 days". But the terminology leaves nothing to intepretation IMO.

The "week of" means that same week. Meaning we should have them by Saturday. If they meant 7 days, they should have just said "up to 7 days". But the terminology leaves nothing to intepretation IMO.
but it actually said "Around the week of". It is vague terminology but to me that means it could be sent the following week as well.

I'm sure we're gonna get it soon. everyone just needs to chill and enjoy it on xbone for meow.

Windows 10 game redemption code will be sent via Xbox system message around the week of April 5, 2016.

Really people are seriously comparing Quantum Break to The Order? I own The Order and have yet to even open the game and play it, but isn't it only about a 4 hour game with very little to do. Quantum Break has a lot to do and see is at least a 10 hour game, which is a solid time for a game like this and I definitely don't want every game I play to be 100+ hours long as I do like to be able to complete my games before my backlog stacks up more.

Oh, totally. Here are some of the user review gems on Metacritic (in case people wondered why I give that site so little respect):

0/10: "The game is ridiculously short, the level of The Order or worse, if you count the times I was in the action does not give one hour of play, all the rest is movie or hang around the map, simply ridiculous."

0/10: "Along with the minimal aspect is that it's really short, I completed it and with the episodes included it took me about the order 1886's length to finish the story. There is no replayability, no reason to go back to the game after I completed it." Oh, and this guy is named Ps4isawesome, and gave MLB 16 a 10, Halo 5 a 0 (saying he loved Halo, just to throw you off the troll scent), The Order and 8, and Bloodborne a 10.

1/10: "The game is native 720p and 30FPS which is poor in 2016 standards but remedy apparently did some sort of "magic" and got it to output at 1080p. I can assure you now the game is still 720p with poor texture, funny looking characters." This guy is the king of trolls. He's named "xbox44ever," yet his other reviews are giving Halo 5 a 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Destiny(on PS4, of course), an 8.

Unless Metacritic is going to hire some people to cull this kind of garbage, I'm not going to waste my time with the turd of a site anymore.

I really don't care if a game is short as long as it is very good and memorable. I rather play an awesome 10 hour game than a 30 hour mediocre game.

so do we get All the Alan Wake codes 7-10 days after we reedom the code for QB or when it came out

I really don't care if a game is short as long as it is very good and memorable. I rather play an awesome 10 hour game than a 30 hour mediocre game.
I don't even have time to play 30 hour games. I really enjoyed The Witcher, but I just couldn't justify playing it any longer (after around 12 hours) because I knew I'd never finish it. My game time is limited these days.

Unless Metacritic is going to hire some people to cull this kind of garbage, I'm not going to waste my time with the turd of a site anymore.
That'll never happen which is why I never even bother looking at their user reviews. Steam is really the only place where I put any kind of stock in user reviews even though there is a lot of garbage there as well.

Anyway, has anyone here played the Win10 version of QB yet? Not hearing good things about the port so far.

Well, glad that I got some of you guys to jump on the deal, wish I'd known about the Golden Crisp coupon b4, but it might have been a bit of a longshot to find one anyway.

So far the game seems entertaining, I figure we'll start getting all the W10 when we get the Alan Wake codes, in about a week.

Also, for Xbox rewards members note this:

$10 Xbox gift code will be delivered within 10 days after game’s release.
Xbox Rewards members will receive rewards credit in their Xbox Rewards Live account in place of an Xbox gift code within 15 days after game’s release

And for those who preordered on Microsoft.com, note this:
https://rewards.xbox.com/mymissions/

Pre-order the hottest games, get 15,000 Rewards Credits
Exclusive to Xbox Live Rewards members, you can pre-order your Xbox One or Xbox 360 games through Microsoftstore.com and earn 15,000 Rewards Credits for each pre-orderable game that ships by June 30, 2016. You’ll not only get an extra pre-order bonus as an Xbox Live Rewards member, you'll also receive free shipping. Order now to guarantee free release day delivery on select games!†

I mentions it as an EXTRA pre-order bonus, and 15,000 reward points = $15... So unless I'm misreading something, congratulations, those who are members of Xbox Rewards and preordered the digital code on Microsoftstore.com, got both versions, the Alan Wake bonuses and 25,000 xbox rewards ($25) for 59.99, no tax
It's the $10 GC OR $15 in credits. Found that out when I preordered Rare Replay,

i'm on chapter 3 of quantum break and i beat the order 1886

so far i actully like the order more, i'm not feeling quantum break at all

bread's done
Back