Quantum Break - PC version free if you pre-order Xbox One version, also free Alan Wake + expansions

boylover

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/quantum-break-xbox-one-digital-download/1000006305.p?id=1000006304&skuId=1000006305

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/

All copies of Quantum Break on Xbox One will come with Alan Wake + DLC episodes playable on the 360 and Xbox One (now backwards compatible).

Pre-orders will also get you download codes to redeem for the Windows 10 PC version of Quantum Break, and the Xbox version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (also X1 compatible).

Basically, if you really wanted to just play the PC version of Quantum Break you could easily pre-order this, get the download code, then sell your Xbox One copy. You'll also score the Alan Wake downloads.

The article says pre-order at Xbox Store or "participating retailers" though none are specifically mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite the fact that I'm really intrigued by the game and want to play it, I might take the same route I took with Alan Wake and just wait a while until it gets a good sale for the pc version (preferably a steam version).

is this ready to download? like can we start downloading it on our xbox and play on the 5th? I've never preordered a digital game before so I dont know how it works i just know when i paid a few weeks ago it downloaded a small 100 mb file on my xbox
Yep, I installed my copy on the Xbox One last night, but it won't let me start playing until Tuesday. I have no idea what that 100mb file was because this was a good 45+ GB. Comes out to over 121GB if you install the episodes as well.

you have a pretty weird imagination because other than the common actors I don't see any similarity to The Wire. or MGS.
MGS- long cutscenes. Max Payne- Bullet time shooting. The Wire- Some People.

It really isn't that much of a stretch. After MGSV wasn't much for cutscenes, I'm ready for a game like this.

Yep, I installed my copy on the Xbox One last night, but it won't let me start playing until Tuesday. I have no idea what that 100mb file was because this was a good 45+ GB. Comes out to over 121GB if you install the episodes as well.
thank goodness a majority of current gen consoles still come with a massive 500 gig hd

thank goodness a majority of current gen consoles still come with a massive 500 gig hd
I put a 2TB external on mine but after all the GWG and splurging lately even that's filling up fast. You can always delete those episodes at some point by the way. They're like 75 gigs. I guess once you beat the game and you're done with it. Or you can just stream them online when you play.

Just got my code from CDkeys.  Wasnt expecting it yet, but a pleasant surprise.  I ordered in February when the price was $47.15.  Just redeemed the code on Xbox.com and it worked perfectly.  

I put a 2TB external on mine but after all the GWG and splurging lately even that's filling up fast. You can always delete those episodes at some point by the way. They're like 75 gigs. I guess once you beat the game and you're done with it. Or you can just stream them online when you play.
Ps4 and xbox both have a lot of pros and some cons but I'd say the biggest is not having a way to separate the often times very sizable game patches so we can delete the game and not have to redownload the patches as plenty of people still have slower internet or caps.

Just got my code from CDkeys. Wasnt expecting it yet, but a pleasant surprise. I ordered in February when the price was $47.15. Just redeemed the code on Xbox.com and it worked perfectly.
I saw that but that was only for xbox1 version correct? Doesn't quality for free pc version?

Just got my code from CDkeys. Wasnt expecting it yet, but a pleasant surprise. I ordered in February when the price was $47.15. Just redeemed the code on Xbox.com and it worked perfectly.
did you get the other games and the W10 Ver too

Any digital code redeemed before launch (actually the 10th due to bundles) should qualify
haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.. do you have link?

I was under the impression that you only receive the PC version when you preorder digitally though Microsoft directly.

Found this hear.. I wonder if cdkeys qualifies..

http://www.quantumbreak.com/windows10/

WHAT IS THE SPECIAL PRE-ORDER OFFER ON “QUANTUM BREAK?”
  • For a limited time, anyone who pre-orders the digital version of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store will receive the Windows 10 version of the game for free, downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code. The pre-order offer also applies for those who redeem a digital code purchased from participating retailers or from the Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle by April 4th, 2016.

haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.. do you have link?

I was under the impression that you only receive the PC version when you preorder digitally though Microsoft directly.
no it does not have to be purchased by MS directly but must be redeemed on the MS marketplace by the 4/4 it says.

did you get the other games and the W10 Ver too
no, the deal is to buy the xbone version and you get all the extras with it. I don't believe you get anything if you buy the windows 10 version. no alan wake, no american nightmare and no xbone game. They are a reseller site, if they did get any of the other bonus's they would resell it separately to make more money.

The Win 10 code and AW/AN codes are being sent directly by MS through Xbox message. I don't know what that means in terms of CDKeys because they will likely keep any extras they receive if possible. You can always hope that the code is tied to your Xbox account but who knows. I certainly wouldn't expect any Win 10 codes as that was a digital pre-order from MS deal, but you might get lucky and receive the AW codes.

So many people speaking without any of us really knowing. We should all stop speculating, I'll post back when I have some facts as to what I actually received

So many people speaking without any of us really knowing. We should all stop speculating, I'll post back when I have some facts as to what I actually received
if you'd actually read the thread it's all here, people just keep overspeculating and asking the same questions over and over. straight from xbox.com

Free Quantum Break Windows 10 game offer valid with pre-order of digital copy of Quantum Break for Xbox One, by April 4, 2016, from Xbox Store, Xbox.com, participating retailers, or inside Quantum Break Xbox One console bundles, while supplies last (physical game discs and bundles with Quantum Break game discs are excluded from this offer). Quantum Break Xbox One codes purchased at retail and inside bundles must be redeemed on the console or at Xbox.com by April 4, 2016 11.59 PM Pacific Time. Windows 10 game redemption code will be sent via Xbox system message around the week of April 5, 2016. (In US, UK and Canada, codes with pre-order of the Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle can be redeemed by April 10th, 2016, 11.59 PM Pacific Time.) For Windows 10 game system requirements seewww.quantumbreak.com/windows10. Offer available in all Xbox Live markets except China.

The only question in the air is if the windows 10 code that you get is tied to your account or not (most likely no) since they haven't given them out yet. Every other question is answered right there.

if you'd actually read the thread it's all here, people just keep overspeculating and asking the same questions over and over. straight from xbox.com

Free Quantum Break Windows 10 game offer valid with pre-order of digital copy of Quantum Break for Xbox One, by April 4, 2016, from Xbox Store, Xbox.com, participating retailers, or inside Quantum Break Xbox One console bundles, while supplies last (physical game discs and bundles with Quantum Break game discs are excluded from this offer). Quantum Break Xbox One codes purchased at retail and inside bundles must be redeemed on the console or at Xbox.com by April 4, 2016 11.59 PM Pacific Time. Windows 10 game redemption code will be sent via Xbox system message around the week of April 5, 2016. (In US, UK and Canada, codes with pre-order of the Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle can be redeemed by April 10th, 2016, 11.59 PM Pacific Time.) For Windows 10 game system requirements see
www.quantumbreak.com/windows10
. Offer available in all Xbox Live markets except China.

The only question in the air is if the windows 10 code that you get is tied to your account or not (most likely no) since they haven't given them out yet. Every other question is answered right there.
I have read the thread, and while the terms seem pretty clear, the fact is that nobody knows exactly how this is gonna go. The fact that digital copies redeemed on time will get the W10 code appears to be the only certainty. There are still people speculating about AW and AN, which isn't answered at all yet, and how the W10 code is to be delivered.

The real problem is that everyone is speaking like they know what's going to happen when in reality none of us do

I have read the thread, and while the terms seem pretty clear, the fact is that nobody knows exactly how this is gonna go. The fact that digital copies redeemed on time will get the W10 code appears to be the only certainty. There are still people speculating about AW and AN, which isn't answered at all yet, and how the W10 code is to be delivered.

The real problem is that everyone is speaking like they know what's going to happen when in reality none of us do
Windows 10 game redemption code will be sent via Xbox system message around the week of April 5, 2016

pre-order Quantum Break and receive Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, the Xbox 360 game playable on Xbox One. The code for this item will be delivered to your Xbox message center in 7-10 days. You can redeem the code on your Xbox One console or at xbox.com/redeemcode.

Quantum Break includes full game download of Alan Wake, the Xbox 360 game playable on Xbox One, as well as The Signal and The Writer add-ons. The code for these items will be delivered to your Xbox Message center within 7-10 days of Quantum Break’s release.

all straight from xbox.com

all will be sent to your xbox messages. Some have already gotten their American Nightmare codes. idk where all the confusion is coming from when buying it digitally. Why you think MS is going to do something different is just from all the over speculation here. it's clearly states how and when you'll be getting the codes.

I think its pretty clear if you buy directly through the Xbox store.

I'm just looking for best deal for digital game that includes the w10 version. I wish retail where included in this program.

I don't care for the other extras as I already have all of the AW games.

I'm all for supporting this game and cross buy so might just buy the bullet..

Buying from MS directly it's pretty clear how you're getting the codes. The confusion is from people buying from CDKeys or any other third party seller, which was asked here. We're speculating on that. I don't know why you seem so upset over us speculating. Relax broski.

What are the other eligible retailers? 

It looks like you'll get the W10 code ordering the code digitally from Amazon. I can atleast get some rewards from them since I have the Amazon Visa card... something is something.. 

I hate that Best Buy seems to only let you buy the digital code in store only.

What are the other eligible retailers?

It looks like you'll get the W10 code ordering the code digitally from Amazon. I can atleast get some rewards from them since I have the Amazon Visa card... something is something..

I hate that Best Buy seems to only let you buy the digital code in store only.
any retailer is eligible, quantum break just needs to be redeemed by 4/4 on the xbox live marketplace so it might be too late now.

any retailer is eligible, quantum break just needs to be redeemed by 4/4 on the xbox live marketplace so it might be too late now.
Codes from the special edition console have til the 10th. I'm not 100% sure but it's probably a safe bet that's where the cdkeys codes are from, I got my code from them yesterday.

@Flyingmonkey Alan Wake is an excellent game and worth pkaying. Although I think QB takes place in the same world, I don't think the stories are related. I'm sure there will be some references to AW in there though

Is anyone else going to first play Alan Wake before even trying quantum break lol?

Only reason I'm getting this game at launch
you know I've been waiting for the BC or a remastered version of alan wake basically since the xbone came out. But recently got a gtx970 and played threw it on PC and god damn it is such a beautiful game on pc. Unfortunately I don't think I'm a even touch the xbone bc version but still want it in my library :D

So, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the current best deal would be:
Discover deals 5% cashback online at Microsoft store

Buy digital code + 10 xbox live gift card for 59.99

Redeem code at xbox live

That way you should get Quantum Break for W10 and XOne, all the alan wake games and a 10 xbox live gift card for 59.99 - 5% (10% if you activated double cashback this year), so 57/53

Correct?

Ama

On Amazon it states 4/10

• PRE-LOAD: Be able to get a code and download the game now, but not able to play until 4/5/2016.
  • Includes an additional full-game download of Alan Wake, the Xbox 360 game playable on Xbox One, as well as The Signal and The Writer add-ons (download code will be delivered via an Xbox Live message 7-10 days after downloading Quantum Break).
  • Redeem your digital copy of Quantum Break by April 10, and receive a free digital copy of Quantum Break for Windows 10.*
  • In-depth, fast-paced narrative experience crafted by Remedy Entertainment, the studios of Alan wake.
  • Top quality live action show that is directly impacted by choices made in-game.

Offers aside, seems like a game worth waiting on to drop, doesn't it? Just seems like a $20 game by Christmas.

/defensive stance
If you can wait until xmas (god bless you, i sure can't lol) then all signs point to yes.

Only reason i'm considering digital is to support the cross play functionality.. and I'm a fan of the Alan Wake games. Was going to pick up anyways.

Ama

On Amazon it states 4/10

• PRE-LOAD: Be able to get a code and download the game now, but not able to play until 4/5/2016.
  • Includes an additional full-game download of Alan Wake, the Xbox 360 game playable on Xbox One, as well as The Signal and The Writer add-ons (download code will be delivered via an Xbox Live message 7-10 days after downloading Quantum Break).
  • Redeem your digital copy of Quantum Break by April 10, and receive a free digital copy of Quantum Break for Windows 10.*
  • In-depth, fast-paced narrative experience crafted by Remedy Entertainment, the studios of Alan wake.
  • Top quality live action show that is directly impacted by choices made in-game.
on xbox.com/quantumbreak.com it states by 4/4 for purchasing the game by itself since that is technically the last day to "pre order".

The code in the system bundle has until 4/10 to redeem since the system won't be available for purchase until 4/5. Are the codes different? I doubt it, So yea maybe you will get it if you redeem the game alone after 4/4 and before 4/10 but if you want it make sure you should try and do it today.

I built a new PC (will admit I wasn't the best cheapass I could be) partially for this game. Would be nice if they let us download this game that could be anywhere from 40gb~120gb in advance.

Are we supposed to receive Alan Wake code for pre-ordering physical copy from BBY? If so, has anyone received theirs yet?
Quantum Break Digital Preorder Incentive - Xbox One [Digital Download Add-On]

Should be included in your BBY order, if it's not, cancel and order again.

I'm not sure on whether they will send a physical card with the game or email you a digital code though

I built a new PC (will admit I wasn't the best cheapass I could be) partially for this game. Would be nice if they let us download this game that could be anywhere from 40gb~120gb in advance.
Lol.. I'm dreading the duEl download. My Comcast cap is gonna go to shit this month after xb1 and pc download.

Quantum Break Digital Preorder Incentive - Xbox One [Digital Download Add-On]

Should be included in your BBY order, if it's not, cancel and order again.
I'm not sure on whether they will send a physical card with the game or email you a digital code though
I think typically you dont get the cide until after you pick up the gane... at least thats how it was withSF5, got the cide via email after I picjed the game up from the stire

So, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the current best deal would be:
Discover deals 5% cashback online at Microsoft store

Buy digital code + 10 xbox live gift card for 59.99

Redeem code at xbox live

That way you should get Quantum Break for W10 and XOne, all the alan wake games and a 10 xbox live gift card for 59.99 - 5% (10% if you activated double cashback this year), so 57/53

Correct?
I didn't even realize that MicrosoftStore.com sold the digital copy. Sure enough, there it is. Even says you have until April 10th to redeem the code for the Window 10 copy. Seems like the best deal. Even better with a Golden Crisp $10 off $25 coupon. :)

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Quantum-Break-for-Xbox-One/productID.335339100

bread's done
Back