Quantum Break - PC version free if you pre-order Xbox One version, also free Alan Wake + expansions

boylover

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/quantum-break-xbox-one-digital-download/1000006305.p?id=1000006304&skuId=1000006305

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/

All copies of Quantum Break on Xbox One will come with Alan Wake + DLC episodes playable on the 360 and Xbox One (now backwards compatible).

Pre-orders will also get you download codes to redeem for the Windows 10 PC version of Quantum Break, and the Xbox version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (also X1 compatible).

Basically, if you really wanted to just play the PC version of Quantum Break you could easily pre-order this, get the download code, then sell your Xbox One copy. You'll also score the Alan Wake downloads.

The article says pre-order at Xbox Store or "participating retailers" though none are specifically mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I don't know if I'm correct but everything I've read about this deal leads me to believe that the windows copy isn't a token but rather tied to your Microsoft account. That is, you get your PC copy on your Windows 10 device through logging in on your account rather than just getting a code.

they are replacing nightmare with the game kameo free with preorders because of the age rating at a number of retailers

lol wtf

Update: Amazon has also confirmed that it will be replacing the previously announced American Nightmare pre-order bonus with Kameo. (It appears every EU retailer will substitute).

At this point only at GAME retailer.

PEGI

Quantum Break - PEGI 16

Alan Wake - PEGI 16

Kameo - PEGI 12

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - PEGI 18

ESRB

Quantum Break - RATED M

Alan Wake - RATED T

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - RATED T

Kameo - RATED T

Hahaha why the hell does American Nightmare have a higher PEGI rating than vanilla-ass Alan Wake? And higher than Quantum Break? That's really strange.

If its like the Killer Instinct crossbuy, there is no code. I have KI on my Xbox with the option to download it to my PC through my Microsoft account. I'm not saying this is fact form Quantum Break, just my two cents

Edit: there is a windows code, trade time

Hahaha why the hell does American Nightmare have a higher PEGI rating than vanilla-ass Alan Wake? And higher than Quantum Break? That's really strange.
HIGH IMPACT SEXUAL VIOLENCE.jpg

If its like the Killer Instinct crossbuy, there is no code. I have KI on my Xbox with the option to download it to my PC through my Microsoft account. I'm not saying this is fact for Quantum Break, just my two cents
No, they specifically say you get a code. It is likely just like the Gears of War free games promo. Killer Instinct is f2p anyway, it's just your save/DLC that how to cross over.

Edit: QB does offer cross save so the real question is "do I want to download a 40gb game twice so I can get started on XBone while I wait for PC to download it?"

I've been searching the web for an answer, but I can't seem to find one. Can I pre order the digital version from best buy and get the PC version for free, or does it have to be from the Xbox store? I asked their Twitter account, but the answer they gave made me still unsure.

"@Kuroknight27 Win10 bonus is for Xbox digital preorder on console."

Update: Amazon has also confirmed that it will be replacing the previously announced American Nightmare pre-order bonus with Kameo. (It appears every EU retailer will substitute).

At this point only at GAME retailer.

PEGI

Quantum Break - PEGI 16

Alan Wake - PEGI 16

Kameo - PEGI 12

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - PEGI 18

ESRB

Quantum Break - RATED M

Alan Wake - RATED T

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - RATED T

Kameo - RATED T
Alan Wake's European Nightmare

Seems kind of lame that they would just change the game, just because of the rating.

Still, I wouldn't mind getting Kameo. I already have Alan Wake's American Nightmare.

I've been searching the web for an answer, but I can't seem to find one. Can I pre order the digital version from best buy and get the PC version for free, or does it have to be from the Xbox store? I asked their Twitter account, but the answer they gave made me still unsure.

"@Kuroknight27 Win10 bonus is for Xbox digital preorder on console."
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Gaming/Quantum-Break-at-Best-Buy/td-p/955126

Purchase the digital edition of Quantum Break at Best Buy and redeem the token before 4/4, 11:59pm Pacific Time, to be sent a redemption token for the Windows 10 version through Xbox messaging.

I was going to take advantage of the Free Windows 10 version, but realized I probably would never actually play it.  So instead of a 60 dollar digital copy, I went with the 48 dollar physical copy I can trade in when I'm done.  I don't see a lot of longevity with this game, so no need for digital. 

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Microsoft%20Studios

These games were made exclusive solely to promote the Windows 10 store, as they have a fairly long history of publishing games on Steam.
Cool, you posted a list that includes 0 games released after Windows 10 came out. The only things on that list released after were two Age of Empire DLCs, and the last thing before that was Ori, which launched about 4 months before Windows 10.

You're drawing a conclusion I don't think makes much sense. That's a list of 18 actual games, and not all were developed by MS. Heck, they kind of stand for how Microsoft ignored PC for years. You've got pre-Vista remasters in Rise of Nations and Age of Empires. You've got phone games. A 5-year-old Fable release is the biggest you've got there. You don't see Halo, Forza, Gears, Fable's sequels, or Crackdown there. Alan Wake's Steam listing doesn't even have MS as its publisher, same for Ryse and Dead Rising 3 (whose first release didn't even hit PC, I don't think).

Build alluded to my point this morning. Turn 10 said all future Forza releases would be on W10 and XB1, and it's partially thanks to the common platform core (which the XB1 is getting this summer). Windows 10 and the Universal Windows Platform are making Microsoft's commitment to PC gaming much easier. MAYBE these games would have come to PC regardless, but I don't think they'd have come without the Windows Store. We've got over a decade to support that.

I'm not going to continue derailing this thread with the discussion though. I'm sure the others reading this are just annoyed at my lengthy posts that aren't really relevant. But, on-topic, DAMN, that 75-GB video install. We're seriously knocking on the door of 100 GB installs with Quantum Break.

My copy is preloaded and ready to go. I'll end up selling the Win10 copy because I have no use for it. At least Microsoft is making an effort to make going digital worthwhile for a change.

anyone else making a last minute decision whether to preorder or buy it at a reduced price later this year?

I never buy games newly released (unless Nintendo because they don't get much cheaper) but having just gotten an xbox one I'm kinda tempted

anyone else making a last minute decision whether to preorder or buy it at a reduced price later this year?

I never buy games newly released (unless Nintendo because they don't get much cheaper) but having just gotten an xbox one I'm kinda tempted
think i'm going to wait, having to much with division, with all the codes out there I think it will drop fast for pc or xbox1

think i'm going to wait, having to much with division, with all the codes out there I think it will drop fast for pc or xbox1
since the alan wake and dlc codes aren't pre-order only I might wait too

probably going to be pretty cheap over holidays if I can wait that long

Thanks to two diabeetus codes I'll get it for $40. Then hopefully offload the win10 code if it has a shared achievement list and get the game for even cheaper.

I'll just be glad when the 5th comes. All questions will be answered.

This preorder got so convoluted, it's one of those early bumps in the road though.

It's a Microsoft published game so I am sure it will drop in price pretty quickly and be on sale for $30-$40 within a couple of months. The game just looks way too good for me to wait though and I love Remedy games. I have The Division and a variety of other games in my backlog, but I will put those on hold to play Quantum Break. The Division has been fun, but seems like my friends and I play on different schedules due to our jobs and its hard to get a group together and running around solo isn't very fun.

It's a Microsoft published game so I am sure it will drop in price pretty quickly and be on sale for $30-$40 within a couple of months. The game just looks way too good for me to wait though and I love Remedy games. I have The Division and a variety of other games in my backlog, but I will put those on hold to play Quantum Break. The Division has been fun, but seems like my friends and I play on different schedules due to our jobs and its hard to get a group together and running around solo isn't very fun.
excluding the arcade game the alan wake games will always be a part of the package even without pre-ordering?

I've never played them and would love to play them all together when I eventually buy quantum, don't wanna miss out of the free games though

Waiting for the review embargo to end tonight I think

does all digtail copies come with the W10 Game code and the other codes too

I am having an extremely difficult time with this decision. I love Remedy but I honestly don't trust MS with a lot of the nonsense they are pulling this generation. I really want to support Remedy though and I love their games.

I have a feeling it might end up on steam in the future, but who knows when and if. Also, I have also been waiting on games before purchase so that I can get the "complete edition" for a good price. So many games being released in beta states these days.

Not sure what to do here. Probably will end up pre-ordering.

does all digtail copies come with the W10 Game code and the other codes too
Don't know about the Alan Wake codes (they might work with other retailers as well as digital) but the W10 code is only for digital pre-orders. That means you need to buy it from your Xbox prior to April 5th.

I am having an extremely difficult time with this decision. I love Remedy but I honestly don't trust MS with a lot of the nonsense they are pulling this generation. I really want to support Remedy though and I love their games.

I have a feeling it might end up on steam in the future, but who knows when and if. Also, I have also been waiting on games before purchase so that I can get the "complete edition" for a good price. So many games being released in beta states these days.

Not sure what to do here. Probably will end up pre-ordering.
There is no way a MS published game gets put on Steam with how much they are pushing Windows 10.

There is no way a MS published game gets put on Steam with how much they are pushing Windows 10.
Uh, there are Microsoft published games on Steam. That being said, they've already said it will be a Windows 10 exclusive, but they may decide later to just have it be a timed exclusive and eventually release on Steam, particularly if the Win 10 store sales are not stellar.

Microsoft has said at the build conference there is nothing stopping Steam from running and selling UWP games, so probably next year sometime we'll see Windows 10 store games on the steam storefront.  

All windows 10 games are a different executable type, not just straight up directory and EXE but a wrapped encrypted package called UWP (universal windows platform) so steam would have to be modified to start them.  Steam definitely won't want to do it right now while UWP doesn't support gSync, SLI and other important PC gaming features, but the May windows10 update will bring support for that stuff so we'll see after that.

Uh, there are Microsoft published games on Steam. That being said, they've already said it will be a Windows 10 exclusive, but they may decide later to just have it be a timed exclusive and eventually release on Steam, particularly if the Win 10 store sales are not stellar.
People keep repeating this same argument, but it's flawed imo. Lil Frier typed a good post that has some good (counter) points.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/354246-quantum-break-pc-version-free-if-you-pre-order-xbox-one-version-also-free-alan-wake-expansions/?p=13271265

In general, it cracks me up that many people are optimistic about MS despite them dropping the ball so many times.

Reviews are out already. I assumed there would be an embargo till next Tuesday. In any case sounds like it's a pretty decent game, just nothing great.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/quantum-break?ref=hp
These reviews are really crazy! Some give it perfect scores and others give it 4/10. I guess this will be a very subjective game. I'm just imagining it as The Wire mixed with Max Payne and MGS. I'm excited, the reviews make it sound like a game I would like. Reputable reviews sites are on the top and bottom, very strange.

Seems like a solid 8.5 game- great gunplay and shooter mechanics which you'd expect from this developer. Too bad the game is only 10 hours though, seems a little on the short side

Reviews aren't quite what I was hoping for, but it does have Cedric Daniels and Tommy Carcetti in it. 

I think Remedy's earned my trust with Max Payne and Alan Wake.

cdkey.com has it Digtail for 51.xx and there's a code PERKSPOT5

is this ready to download? like can we start downloading it on our xbox and play on the 5th? I've never preordered a digital game before so I dont know how it works i just know when i paid a few weeks ago it downloaded a small 100 mb file on my xbox

is this ready to download? like can we start downloading it on our xbox and play on the 5th? I've never preordered a digital game before so I dont know how it works i just know when i paid a few weeks ago it downloaded a small 100 mb file on my xbox
No relevance at all but it still crazy to think how big files have got and how big they will become

My first brand new computer in the 90s was 1.7 gig

These reviews are really crazy! Some give it perfect scores and others give it 4/10. I guess this will be a very subjective game. I'm just imagining it as The Wire mixed with Max Payne and MGS. I'm excited, the reviews make it sound like a game I would like. Reputable reviews sites are on the top and bottom, very strange.
Not that strange at all given Remedy's style. If you are into the whole "interactive movie / TV" type of game, then this might be for you. The reviewers that gave Quantum Break low scores thought the live action episodes were poorly produced and not well integrated. Reviewers that enjoyed the live action stuff and story in general tended to give higher scores. Most of the reviews point out the gameplay / shooting mechanics aren't that strong.

I disliked Alan Wake and not a fan of these types of games in general, so think I'll pass on Quantum Break for now. For those who are getting it, hope you enjoy it.

Yeah preload is available. You should be able to download the game now and then it will unlock on 4/5.

Seems like a solid 8.5 game- great gunplay and shooter mechanics which you'd expect from this developer. Too bad the game is only 10 hours though, seems a little on the short side
From what I understand the game has good replay value with different outcomes based on choices. IGN -- yeah, I know maybe not the best resource -- said they played through twice and still enjoyed it the second go around.

I think I will have a lot of fun with Quantum Break and I feel the game is going to be a solid 8 out of 10 for me once I've played through it. I enjoy Remedy as a studio and what they have put out in the past with Max Payne and Alan Wake has been great. I expect the game itself to be a lot of fun,but nothing ground breaking. I feel like the TV show will be good for what it is. The actors are good enough to make it interesting and going into with the mindset that this is a show with the budget and quality of something you'd see in a SyFy Channel original show. 

bread's done
Back