Quantum Break - PC version free if you pre-order Xbox One version, also free Alan Wake + expansions

boylover

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/quantum-break-xbox-one-digital-download/1000006305.p?id=1000006304&skuId=1000006305

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/

All copies of Quantum Break on Xbox One will come with Alan Wake + DLC episodes playable on the 360 and Xbox One (now backwards compatible).

Pre-orders will also get you download codes to redeem for the Windows 10 PC version of Quantum Break, and the Xbox version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (also X1 compatible).

Basically, if you really wanted to just play the PC version of Quantum Break you could easily pre-order this, get the download code, then sell your Xbox One copy. You'll also score the Alan Wake downloads.

The article says pre-order at Xbox Store or "participating retailers" though none are specifically mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone gotten their Alan Wake code and used it?  I did but the DLC didn't unlock...the game is also not in my purchase history only download history so I could rebuy it still from the marketplace.  Tech support insists the code was only for the base game and they now nothing of this promotion.  Said to take it back to the retailer...which was their actual store...

MS store insists the DLC will be sent later in a notification...WTF?  Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT:  FYI...supervisor stated MS messed up on the DLC codes...up to 2 weeks for them to be sent out...just so others know...

Still no codes on my end either. Lame. I feel bad for those that were purchasing them here off us Xbox bros. They're still waiting.

The game is pretty good if you ask me. Have not gotten that far into it but the cutscenes are flawlessly blended into the gameplay. Very interesting story dynamic which is what I look for first and foremost. The action is intense and fun. I'm liking it so far and I have not played Alan Wake or the American Nightmare expansion either so those are an added bonus. You know.. when I actually receive them.

Oh, totally. Here are some of the user review gems on Metacritic (in case people wondered why I give that site so little respect):

0/10: "The game is ridiculously short, the level of The Order or worse, if you count the times I was in the action does not give one hour of play, all the rest is movie or hang around the map, simply ridiculous."

0/10: "Along with the minimal aspect is that it's really short, I completed it and with the episodes included it took me about the order 1886's length to finish the story. There is no replayability, no reason to go back to the game after I completed it." Oh, and this guy is named Ps4isawesome, and gave MLB 16 a 10, Halo 5 a 0 (saying he loved Halo, just to throw you off the troll scent), The Order and 8, and Bloodborne a 10.

1/10: "The game is native 720p and 30FPS which is poor in 2016 standards but remedy apparently did some sort of "magic" and got it to output at 1080p. I can assure you now the game is still 720p with poor texture, funny looking characters." This guy is the king of trolls. He's named "xbox44ever," yet his other reviews are giving Halo 5 a 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Destiny(on PS4, of course), an 8.

Unless Metacritic is going to hire some people to cull this kind of garbage, I'm not going to waste my time with the turd of a site anymore.

So you think metacrtic is a turd of a sore based on user reviews they have no control over? I use it just for media reviews which it gives a good overall view on.

So you think metacrtic is a turd of a sore based on user reviews they have no control over? I use it just for media reviews which it gives a good overall view on.
I'm with you on this one. If you're using metacritic's user reviews as a basis on whether a game is trash or not, you're doing it wrong. At least check out what the legitimate critics are saying. Even then, you might like a game, you might not. For example, Life is Strange was GOTY 2015.

To the people that finished the game, how many acts are there? And how many "episodes"? I just finished Act 3 part 1.

I'm with you on this one. If you're using metacritic's user reviews as a basis on whether a game is trash or not, you're doing it wrong. At least check out what the legitimate critics are saying. Even then, you might like a game, you might not. For example, Life is Strange was GOTY 2015.
For sure. LiS is my 2015 GoTY and strong contender for my GoaT.

5 acts. game can be beaten in 7.5 hours on Normal difficulty - no rushing.  1.5 of those hours include the TV show.  Also a few sections that don't have combat at all.  

good game tho if you like the story and characters.  The Order has way better graphics.  QB has ugly graphics, really blurry, but gameplay is so much more fun.  

there are different choices you can make, but it makes very little difference once you go through them again to change your decisions, as you will see.  it's a rental.  just a shame that the graphics are really poor. idk how it is on pc tho, could be better but i'm hearing it is at the cost of bad framerates, even with the best card out there, 980ti

Still waiting on the pc code to be sent. I just got an alan wake code if anyone wants it since I allready own it for the 360.

5 acts. game can be beaten in 7.5 hours on Normal difficulty - no rushing. 1.5 of those hours include the TV show. Also a few sections that don't have combat at all.

good game tho if you like the story and characters. The Order has way better graphics. QB has ugly graphics, really blurry, but gameplay is so much more fun.

there are different choices you can make, but it makes very little difference once you go through them again to change your decisions, as you will see. it's a rental. just a shame that the graphics are really poor. idk how it is on pc tho, could be better but i'm hearing it is at the cost of bad framerates, even with the best card out there, 980ti
I don't agree with the graphics point. It may not look as good as The Order, but I honestly think the game looks outstanding -- particularly the character models but also the environments itself.

The only beef I have with the visuals is that the special effects in the TV episodes look pretty cheap (those time shifting effects are much better in-game.)

Why are people comparing this to The Order, is it a Sony vs Microsoft thing? I have both games but still haven't gotten the chance to play them both.

i only got the AW NM Code no AW Code and i also used the NM code i cant download it or see it

While I’d give the edge to The Order in terms of visuals, they are quite close and more impressively, Quantum Break employs much larger environments and the physics are vastly superior.

It’s also a much better game.

Personally, I still think Star Wars Battlefront is the best-looking console game. It looks near photorealistic and runs at 60fps.

Just my two cents. 

No, they're a turd for allowing their site to be covered in that kind of stuff. They they do not bother with quality control for those reviews is pretty dumb. As for actual review sites, Metacritic doesn't offer enough. I don't consider a number and a paragraph enough information on a game. To me, the critic reviews on Metacritic is an aggregate of links to go read the ACTUAL reviews on, which isn't especially useful when I can find my way to that with a quick Internet search (or by typing individual URLs).

Aggregation of information is fine, but they don't offer much of an explanation for the aggregation. So, is a game a 7/10 for plot holes, gameplay issues, bugs, or a lack of depth? It's uncommon for Metacritic's summaries to get those points across, in my opinion. That's what makes the critic reviews less valuable to me. That, and too many "professional" reviews amount to user reviews with a logo from a site attached.

Why are people comparing this to The Order, is it a Sony vs Microsoft thing? I have both games but still haven't gotten the chance to play them both.
relatively short games (~8-12 hours for order, 12-15 for QB), emphasize visuals and lighting over story, very limited replay value, no multiplayer, no online, lots of cutscenes, combat is pretty generic.

I think QB is the better of the two marginally, but neither game is going to be mentioned as anything more than a passing footnote in 5-6 years and I seriously doubt we'll ever see a sequel to either. QB definitely has much, much higher production values especially with the high caliber acting cast and the whole mini television episode thing, but ultimately all that feels more like a gimmick than an actual "well... that was very cool!" kind of thing.

They are both definitely a large step up above walking simulators, but far below what we'd consider classic, highly praised and or divisive gaming experiences like Rise of the Tomb Raider, Hitman, TLOU, Call of Duty, Division, Destiny, Grand Theft Auto, etc.

and ultimately when a studio pours their blood, sweat, and tears for 4-6 years to make a new game I'd rather they knock something out of the park and make something people remember forever, than a game that you play for 10 hours and utterly forget by the next weekend.

very disappointed in this game

the guy playing the main character jack joyce is a horrible actor

after 3 years of waiting and after alan wake, there really is nothing i like about this game

Game sucks

1. Too much time stuff.
2. Actors are unrealistically handsome.
3. Can't fucking quickscope.
4. 12 hours? Lmao, yeah right, how dare you make it a length I can actually finish.
5. Not on PS4.
6. Nissan

I don't know about most of you guys but I have a full time job (with a long commute as well) and a full time gf (lol, full time). I'm lucky if I get a 12 hour game finished within 2 or 3 weeks. 

Game sucks

1. Too much time stuff.
2. Actors are unrealistically handsome.
3. Can't fucking quickscope.
4. 12 hours? Lmao, yeah right, how dare you make it a length I can actually finish.
5. Not on PS4.
6. Nissan
funny I noticed the nissan placement also, only cause I own two.

I pre-ordered a month ago and all I've received is the American Nightmare code so far.

I played through the first two acts when the game launched, and haven't touched it since. More of an interactive TV show than a game most of the time. I bought it with Golden Crisp bucks and plan to sell the Win10 code so the game ultimately won't cost much. I'd give it a very forgettable 7 so far....

Can't wait to play it if MS will ever send the codes over. If it's so short I'm not gonna start it on x1 when the PC version will be better for me

its funny how we got the AW:ANM Code before the AW and dlc codes

Last edited:
Don't get too excited about the PC version.  The port is terrible, and UWP prevents the community from fixing it, Dark Souls style.  The best thing anyone can do is not purchase any games from the Windows 10 store until this is addressed.

Don't get too excited about the PC version. The port is terrible, and UWP prevents the community from fixing it, Dark Souls style. The best thing anyone can do is not purchase any games from the Windows 10 store until this is addressed.
well i was going to sell my W10 Code on ebay or CL

Last edited:
Don't get too excited about the PC version. The port is terrible, and UWP prevents the community from fixing it, Dark Souls style. The best thing anyone can do is not purchase any games from the Windows 10 store until this is addressed.
Well, after reading that article, I'm going to skip buying a Win10 code from here and either borrow my buddy's XBone copy or wait for a good sale on that version.

I was excited for the PC version, but I think I'm just going to sell my code at this point. I was planning on doing one playthrough on Xbox One and a second one on PC, but considering how poor the port is, I'd rather get some money back to pay off my new VR headset.

Also I've only received AN too, no PC version of QB or AW + DLC.

Yeah, looks like my 970 won't give me much better performance than Xbox One, and not that I'd ever defend 30fps or a cap but the higher frame rate looks a little weird in this almost like high frame rate live action.

So I preordered Xbone version from MSStore assuming the codes would be in box. The AW codes are but the PC port code and AN code is not. Am I gonna get a PC code somehow or am I screwed? 

Edit: oh. its only for digital purchase. fml.

Guess I'll sell the PC version on eBay if the reviews are this bad. Oh well I'll jus play it on Xbox and use the money to pay on my Dark Souls 3 preorder, wherever I decide to get it from. Stupid CDKeys raising the price $10 :p

This is 100% the last time I preorder anything from Microsoft digital download. The price has dropped everywhere, and they still haven't sent the code of the W10 version of the game. IT'S ALL DIGITAL. There is literally no single physical hang-up that should have caused this. They knew how many were pre-ordered in advance, the game is complete, and you can buy it, but they're not giving it to the people who chose to give their money directly to M$. What a joke. I like the game, but I could have bought it for 20% less and had a resellable copy, instead I'm waiting for them to get off their assets. Gross.

This is 100% the last time I preorder anything from Microsoft digital download. The price has dropped everywhere, and they still haven't sent the code of the W10 version of the game. IT'S ALL DIGITAL. There is literally no single physical hang-up that should have caused this. They knew how many were pre-ordered in advance, the game is complete, and you can buy it, but they're not giving it to the people who chose to give their money directly to M$. What a joke. I like the game, but I could have bought it for 20% less and had a resellable copy, instead I'm waiting for them to get off their assets. Gross.
There is always that one person who will bitch about something even though it has been said multiple times when the codes would be sent out. The only joke is your post.

You could've bought XBL cards when they were 20% or 25% off and bought the game with those.

bread's done
Back