Quantum Break - PC version free if you pre-order Xbox One version, also free Alan Wake + expansions

boylover

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/quantum-break-xbox-one-digital-download/1000006305.p?id=1000006304&skuId=1000006305

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/

All copies of Quantum Break on Xbox One will come with Alan Wake + DLC episodes playable on the 360 and Xbox One (now backwards compatible).

Pre-orders will also get you download codes to redeem for the Windows 10 PC version of Quantum Break, and the Xbox version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (also X1 compatible).

Basically, if you really wanted to just play the PC version of Quantum Break you could easily pre-order this, get the download code, then sell your Xbox One copy. You'll also score the Alan Wake downloads.

The article says pre-order at Xbox Store or "participating retailers" though none are specifically mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those getting codes, where did you pre-order from? Directly from the Xbox store? I did the Microsoft store due to the $10 credit.

But you would think both MS storefronts would go through the same backend process for digital.

I haven't gotten any codes yet. Wondered if it was those who ordered directly on the XBL store that are getting the codes (at least AW) first.
Nope, I preordered straight from the XBL store and still haven't received the windows code or AW codes.

I haven't been following this thread, so forgive me if this has been answered: these windows 10 PC codes aren't tied to your specific account and can be redeemed by anyone, yes?

Finally got my code. Yay, a week later. 

I guess at least I'll be able to download all day today, so I can play it tomorrow.

Finally got my code. Yay, a week later. 

I guess at least I'll be able to download all day today, so I can play it tomorrow.

I haven't been following this thread, so forgive me if this has been answered: these windows 10 PC codes aren't tied to your specific account and can be redeemed by anyone, yes?
It looks like it. I gave my Alan wake code away as I already own the game. I'll check on the quantum break code when I get home.

Do these messages show up on your account if you log in to Xbox.com? Not at home to check my X1 and all I see in messages online is for the Gigantic beta.

If you preordered on the 4th, check what date your profile shows as the purchase date.

MS fucked over some of us by showing the 5th as the date we purchased even though we preordered on the 4th.

If you preordered on the 4th, check what date your profile shows as the purchase date.

MS fucked over some of us by showing the 5th as the date we purchased even though we preordered on the 4th.
Happened to me. Calling MS now.

EDIT: They say since my payment didn't go through until 4/5, I am not eligible for the promotion. Well, it's been a good run, Xbox, but maybe it's time I switched systems.

EDIT: They say since my payment didn't go through until 4/5, I am not eligible for the promotion. Well, it's been a good run, Xbox, but maybe it's time I switched systems.
Wow. That is a load of shit. I'm sorry but that would fall on their systems. If you ordered on the 4th, you should qualify period. Not your fault if Microsoft's backend system processed the payment the next day. If that's the case, they need to have a disclaimer that you need to order by X:XX time on a certain day to qualify -- not the general date.

I would raise holy hell with MS on this one. Demand a refund or a credit that's enough to get the PC and AW products if they can't generate codes. Tell them there was nowhere that stated otherwise in terms of the order timing vs the charge time.

Did you order through XBL or the MS store website?

Go call their corporate office and speak with someone who can actually do something to fix it, not some dumb 1st level CS rep who has to ask permission to go take a piss.

Corporate Phone Number: 1-425-882-8080

Wow. That is a load of shit. I'm sorry but that would fall on their systems. If you ordered on the 4th, you should qualify period. Not your fault if Microsoft's backend system processed the payment the next day. If that's the case, they need to have a disclaimer that you need to order by X:XX time on a certain day to qualify -- not the general date.

I would raise holy hell with MS on this one. Demand a refund or a credit that's enough to get the PC and AW products if they can't generate codes. Tell them there was nowhere that stated otherwise in terms of the order timing vs the charge time.

I can't speak for him, but I purchased through XBL.

You people preordering at the last minute and expecting
everything to go smooth with your bonuses are just looking for a reason to complain. Go ahead, sell your Xbox because you missed out on a shitty ass PC port of QB. Bunch of sorry ass whiners in this thread. GTFO.

everything to go smooth with your bonuses are just looking for a reason to complain. Go ahead, sell your Xbox because you missed out on a shitty ass PC port of QB. Bunch of sorry ass whiners in this thread. GTFO.
No, we're expecting a promo to work as stated. Go fuck yourself.

I had the option of purchasing this from multiple different stores. Amazon and Best Buy both offered it for $12 cheaper, but I ordered from the Microsoft Store to get their promised bonuses. I have every right to be mad when I pay extra and don't get what I paid for.

Go call their corporate office and speak with someone who can actually do something to fix it, not some dumb 1st level CS rep who has to ask permission to go take a piss.

Corporate Phone Number: 1-425-882-8080
Called corporate and got put on hold for 15 minutes. Not much help.

I ordered on Xbox.com.

I had the option of purchasing this from multiple different stores. Amazon and Best Buy both offered it for $12 cheaper, but I ordered from the Microsoft Store to get their promised bonuses. I have every right to be mad when I pay extra and don't get what I paid for.

I ordered on Xbox.com.
Ordered mine on Xbox.com as well, maybe those are going out later

I ordered on Xbox.com.
Call them back and ask for Phil Spencer, which should end you up in either his office with his assistant or one of his direct reports, all of which can fix this issue by getting your complaint to the right people.

Microsoft really sucks at any kind of promotion. Even the crappy Gimme5 thing was handled horribly.

Sad that the largest software company in the world can't even manage something as simple as codes for a preorder bonus.

Can you imagine the constant stream of fuck ups if the XB1 was digital only? I called the number and they said it says within 10 days give it 2 more days.

Call them back and ask for Phil Spencer, which should end you up in either his office with his assistant or one of his direct reports, all of which can fix this issue by getting your complaint to the right people.
I might as well wait out the full "10 days" before I give him a call, but I'll be sure to. Thank you.

Didn't really enjoy this game to be honest, played through the first act and first episode. Felt like a show my parents would watch that was by the creators of NCIS or something. Wanted to like it, really loved the ambiance of Alan Wake ... but this just didn't grab my attention in the same way. Was a nice idea but probably wouldn't buy it even with all the freebies they were giving away. Alan Wake 2 or a Twin Peaks game would be the next best thing from Remedy imo.

Didn't really enjoy this game to be honest, played through the first act and first episode. Felt like a show my parents would watch that was by the creators of NCIS or something. Wanted to like it, really loved the ambiance of Alan Wake ... but this just didn't grab my attention in the same way. Was a nice idea but probably wouldn't buy it even with all the freebies they were giving away. Alan Wake 2 or a Twin Peaks game would be the next best thing from Remedy imo.

It's no Alan wake, but I am enjoying it. Also, as cheesy as the live action episodes are, I'm enjoying them as well.

this game is ridiculous...so i downloaded it which was around 50 gb...and now when i finally came to start it..says it needs a 45gb update? wtf..seriously its eating up all my bandwidth..oh and i got my w10 code as well.

If anyone hasn't received their win 10 code and is dying to play that version, I'm selling mine for $20.

That's insane.

this game is ridiculous...so i downloaded it which was around 50 gb...and now when i finally came to start it..says it needs a 45gb update? wtf..seriously its eating up all my bandwidth..oh and i got my w10 code as well.
That's insane. My day one patch was only a few GB

This shit is ridiculous, ordered my code off the Microsoft store on the 4th and I never even got my fucking $10 Pre-order gift card. Was I supposedly entitled to the PC version if I input my code before the 5th? This shit is confusing.

I stand by my statement. Bunch of whiners. Attack me all you want. It's my opinion of last minute shoppers. If your date is the 4th, then you are preordered and should get it. But if it says the 5th because of some glitch that didn't work in your favor, oh well. Cry me a river.
Go ahead, be mad all you want. But this is a learning experience like most business in life. And I don't give a shit how fast you can make change in your head...oh that's the other dick measuring thread.

Oh and attacking me ain't getting you your code.

You guys...smh

I stand by my statement. Bunch of whiners. Attack me all you want. It's my opinion of last minute shoppers. If your date is the 4th, then you are preordered and should get it. But if it says the 5th because of some glitch that didn't work in your favor, oh well. Cry me a river.
Go ahead, be mad all you want. But this is a learning experience like most business in life. And I don't give a shit how fast you can make change in your head...oh that's the other dick measuring thread.

You guys...smh
Seriously, why they fuck are you even in this thread? I think everyone here ordered on or before the 4th and have a right to get what they were promised. Any "glitch" was not something people were trying to take advantage of --- it was a glitch that made the date later than when they purchased it. So NO ONE did anything wrong. They just want what they are owed.

Go troll somewhere else.

Seriously, why they fuck are you even in this thread? I think everyone here ordered on or before the 4th and have a right to get what they were promised. Any "glitch" was not something people were trying to take advantage of --- it was a glitch that made the date later than when they purchased it. So NO ONE did anything wrong. They just want what they are owed.

Go troll somewhere else.

A whole lotta butt hurt in here.

Seriously, if I was in your shoes, I feel your pain. But, that's the kinda shit that happens to last minute shoppers

Look, I can tell that most of you are pretty smart. But you all that ordered this close to release are bound to run into a snafu. This is life man. Get a grip...send an email and move on. No need to spend hours on a phone call to Bangalore for a freaking PC game that people aren't even gonna play.

You guys...smh
haha good to see i wasn't the only one that thought the counting change in your head guy was a dick

For what it's worth, I'm always afraid of promotions ending or glitching out, so I pre-ordered a month ago. Woooo go me.

The MicrosoftStore.com site said you had until April 10th to redeem the code to get the Windows 10 code.

Although, the Quantum Break site said you had until April 4th 11:59pm to redeem the code. (PST)

However, codes obtained from the console bundle supposedly had until April 10th 11:59pm (PST)

http://www.quantumbreak.com/windows10/

Then again, they said we'd get the codes the week of April 5th, so more conflicting info/lies.

Haven't gotten jack. None of the Alan Wake/American Nightmare codes or the Windows 10 code. Ordered on April 4th on MicrosoftStore.com and redeemed on April 4th at Xbox.com.

bought from cdkeys.com 48.xx with code got the code on the 3rd and pre-order the game i got AW: AN first and then AW and then got the W10 Ver on the 11 or 12

bought from cdkeys.com 48.xx with code got the code on the 3rd and pre-order the game i got AW: AN first and then AW and then got the W10 Ver on the 11 or 12
WTF? So buying directly from MS seems more of a liability than a benefit. Urggh..

BTW, I'm guessing if it gets to the point where we don't have codes by the end of the week that it would be better to call Xbox support and not the MS store?

Yeah. I bought from CDKeys for $47 at the end of Feb. Got all of my keys no problem even though some jackass in here was certain I wouldnt. Sucks that a grey market site delivered and MS didnt

This whole preorder promo was horrid to begin with. MS can stick their W10 / Win Store / UWP crap back up their stupid asses.

But I'm not going to tell you how I really feel about this deal.  :p

bread's done
Back