Quantum Break - PC version free if you pre-order Xbox One version, also free Alan Wake + expansions

boylover

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/quantum-break-xbox-one-digital-download/1000006305.p?id=1000006304&skuId=1000006305

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/

All copies of Quantum Break on Xbox One will come with Alan Wake + DLC episodes playable on the 360 and Xbox One (now backwards compatible).

Pre-orders will also get you download codes to redeem for the Windows 10 PC version of Quantum Break, and the Xbox version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (also X1 compatible).

Basically, if you really wanted to just play the PC version of Quantum Break you could easily pre-order this, get the download code, then sell your Xbox One copy. You'll also score the Alan Wake downloads.

The article says pre-order at Xbox Store or "participating retailers" though none are specifically mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
The MicrosoftStore.com site said you had until April 10th to redeem the code to get the Windows 10 code.

Although, the Quantum Break site said you had until April 4th 11:59pm to redeem the code. (PST)

However, codes obtained from the console bundle supposedly had until April 10th 11:59pm (PST)

http://www.quantumbreak.com/windows10/

Then again, they said we'd get the codes the week of April 5th, so more conflicting info/lies.

Haven't gotten jack. None of the Alan Wake/American Nightmare codes or the Windows 10 code. Ordered on April 4th on MicrosoftStore.com and redeemed on April 4th at Xbox.com.
Did you get the $10 Microsoft Gift Card either? I can't find mine or didn't get it.

I stand by my statement. Bunch of whiners. Attack me all you want. It's my opinion of last minute shoppers. If your date is the 4th, then you are preordered and should get it. But if it says the 5th because of some glitch that didn't work in your favor, oh well. Cry me a river.
Go ahead, be mad all you want. But this is a learning experience like most business in life. And I don't give a shit how fast you can make change in your head...oh that's the other dick measuring thread.

Oh and attacking me ain't getting you your code.

You guys...smh
I’ve read your posts and your hostility is ludicrous and entirely unwarranted.

You sound like some Microsoft shill with your tongue firmly up their ass.

And the “last minute” argument you’re making is nonsensical. Either the promotion works as per the stated requirements or it doesn’t. It shouldn’t matter when you place an order as long as said order was made within the allotted window for the promotion.

The responsibility is ENTIRELY on MS to honor the agreement and hopefully they do so.

Personally, I don’t much care because I was going to buy the game either way but I would appreciate them following through with what they promised.

That’s just good business. (And I have been a very good customer in regards to MS)

I’ve read your posts and your hostility is ludicrous and entirely unwarranted.

You sound like some Microsoft shill with your tongue firmly up their ass.

And the “last minute” argument you’re making is nonsensical. Either the promotion works as per the stated requirements or it doesn’t. It shouldn’t matter when you place an order as long as said order was made within the allotted window for the promotion.

The responsibility is ENTIRELY on MS to honor the agreement and hopefully they do so.

Personally, I don’t much care because I was going to buy the game either way but I would appreciate them following through with what they promised.

That’s just good business. (And I have been a very good customer in regards to MS)
Yes attack me. It was me who you to hold off until hours before release to preorder this silly game.

Tell your mother about your problems and I'm sure she'll tell you the same thing I'm saying.

Look young man, this is a lesson in life. You better get up off your ass and make a decision otherwise you may not get what you wanted.

I'm sure your stressing out and back and forth with customer service will result in everyone getting this unimpressive game to add to their backlog or to sell for $20.

But you all are showing just how ugly you all are when someone with a little more life experience than you gives you the other point of view. If you want coddling, get a dog.

I'm just the fool who preordered this silly game back on Dec 7, 2014 in a B2G1 for a total of $102.

The Internet is as it always was. A bunch of entitled children quarreling about silly things.

"Otherwise you may not get what you wanted"

WTF are you talking about? I think Microsoft's promotion was crystal clear. They're the ones who have since screwed it up. No "entitlement". Just playing by the rules -- a thought that doesn't seem to apply to you. Guess that makes you the only one who is "entitled".

There was no reason for you to even make the crap posts you made. And we wonder why the Internet is the way it is.

I'm a part of this cag community. So I feel like I should share some perspective to you all. Take it or leave it.

Like I said, if you met the deadline,you should get the codes. That's it. Full stop.

"Otherwise you may not get what you wanted"

WTF are you talking about? I think Microsoft's promotion was crystal clear. They're the ones who have since screwed it up. No "entitlement". Just playing by the rules -- a thought that doesn't seem to apply to you. Guess that makes you the only one who is "entitled".

There was no reason for you to even make the crap posts you made. And we wonder why the Internet is the way it is.
Realize that he's only posting in response to people addressing him. Ignore him, and he'll go away

I'm a part of this cag community. So I feel like I should share some perspective to you all. Take it or leave it.

Like I said, if you met the deadline,you should get the codes. That's it. Full stop.
You seem to not realize thats the issue. People met the deadline and arent getting their codes.

You seem to not realize thats the issue. People met the deadline and arent getting their codes.
Well then that's a legit problem. There are people posting that they paid on the eve of release and they wonder why the payment posts on the release day. Financial firms don't always operate in real time. It's probably the payment method that the buyer used with the delay.

My point is this could've been avoided if it was preordered a little earlier.

Realize that he's only posting in response to people addressing him. Ignore him, and he'll go away
The only one going away are the clippers in the first round

Ok I promise I'm done. I hope you all get what you want. Just next time maybe get on it a little earlier.

Well then that's a legit problem. There are people posting that they paid on the eve of release and they wonder why the payment posts on the release day. Financial firms don't always operate in real time. It's probably the payment method that the buyer used with the delay.

My point is this could've been avoided if it was preordered a little earlier.
But also if you actually placed the order before the deadline, it shouldn't matter. When you buy something that's on sale before the sale ends, do you retroactively get charged more because your payment wasn't posted until the next day? No. You get charged what it was at the time the order was made.

Offers like this never say "your payment must be posted" by the deadline. It just says you must ORDER the item by the deadline.

Honestly, if MS doesn't live up to its end of the bargain, I think anyone who ORDERED when the offer was still going on the 4th have a right to even dispute the charge because they aren't getting what they were promised. It's like a bait and switch.

OK, so has anyone received their code from microsoftstore.com digital purchase? I haven't received anything: No $10 MS code, no Alan Wake, and no QB Win 10 code. 

I ordered the physical version from microsoftstore.com, and I haven't received an American Nightmares code, but I did get the $15 back. Since I have a linked Live account, it's deposited as 15,000 points in your Xbox rewards account (http://rewards.xbox.com) I'm not sure if it works the same way with the digital copy, but it's worth checking. I didn't received any form of notification.

I ordered the physical version from microsoftstore.com, and I haven't received an American Nightmares code, but I did get the $15 back. Since I have a linked Live account, it's deposited as 15,000 points in your Xbox rewards account (http://rewards.xbox.com) I'm not sure if it works the same way with the digital copy, but it's worth checking. I didn't received any form of notification.
I didn't get anything, not on rewards or anything. :(

Sigh..

I pre-ordered directly from the Xbox Store and got all my codes. Got the Win10 code yesterday and sold it on eBay for $30. Beat the game the other day, it's a solid 7.5 in my book.

How did you order?
Through my X1 about a week before release. First code I got was American Nightmare (as with many others here) and that was a few days later. Then over the weekend got AW and just yesterday got the Win 10 code. Not sure how it's gonna work with other means of purchase but that's how my ordeal went.

Through my X1 about a week before release. First code I got was American Nightmare (as with many others here) and that was a few days later. Then over the weekend got AW and just yesterday got the Win 10 code. Not sure how it's gonna work with other means of purchase but that's how my ordeal went.
Your initial post made it sound like you got a code today.

So I take it nobody who bought on microsoftstore.com digitally has received anything yet still?
I bought it through there and haven't received a thing. I played by the "rules" so I honestly think if I do not receive anything by tomorrow, I'm going to dispute the charge on the grounds that I did not receive everything promised as part of my order.

Just got my American Nightmare code, but still nothing for the original AW or Win10 copy. I bought through Microsoft store website.

i thought they said no one but the ppl who directly ordered from the xbox store eg from your console would get the w10 code? so maybe thats why no one is getting them if they ordered off of microsoftstore.com they prob dont wanna give out all the codes and a 10 or 15 dollar reward that some ppl are talking about

i thought they said no one but the ppl who directly ordered from the xbox store eg from your console would get the w10 code? so maybe thats why no one is getting them if they ordered off of microsoftstore.com they prob dont wanna give out all the codes and a 10 or 15 dollar reward that some ppl are talking about
No. It was all digital preorders. Best Buy, etc.

Ironically the last place you would think the promotion to work is CDKeys which I understand people who ordered there got everything at least a few days ago.

But you all are showing just how ugly you all are when someone with a little more life experience than you gives you the other point of view. If you want coddling, get a dog.
In regards to your life experience, here’s a little activity to demonstrate the literal worth of said experience:

Go find a large dog.

Wait around until it needs to defecate. (You don’t strike me as a man with much to do anyways)

When the dog squats, place your hand under the ass and collect as much of its shit as you can.

Now take a look at that large, heaping, steaming pile of fecal matter in your palm and understand that your “life experience” is worth less than that dog shit.

Literally.

End of activity.

Just an FYI, my codes came on the 12th but I hadn't checked my Messages through XBL. 

That's where they sent the codes.

I had wrongfully assumed they would be sent via my email.  

Got the American Nightmare code this morning. Still no Windows 10 code. If anyone is interested in it, shoot me a PM.

The MS support person on the forums said I should receive all 3 codes by the 16th since the system shows my purchase on the 5th. (going off GMT apparently)

bread's done
Back