Quantum Break - PC version free if you pre-order Xbox One version, also free Alan Wake + expansions

boylover

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/quantum-break-xbox-one-digital-download/1000006305.p?id=1000006304&skuId=1000006305

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/

All copies of Quantum Break on Xbox One will come with Alan Wake + DLC episodes playable on the 360 and Xbox One (now backwards compatible).

Pre-orders will also get you download codes to redeem for the Windows 10 PC version of Quantum Break, and the Xbox version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (also X1 compatible).

Basically, if you really wanted to just play the PC version of Quantum Break you could easily pre-order this, get the download code, then sell your Xbox One copy. You'll also score the Alan Wake downloads.

The article says pre-order at Xbox Store or "participating retailers" though none are specifically mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an extra Alan Wake code (I purchased the QB Xbox bundle which already came with AW) and the Win10 code. Didn't expect to take this long but glad people are finally getting theirs as well.

Hope this doesn't turn into another gears issue where they just don't give you the code.  Buddy of mine is still waiting for his gears codes from December.

I don't know why they can't just email out the codes. This is Microsoft one would think that would be worth not pissing off thousands of customers.

I don't know why they can't just email out the codes. This is Microsoft one would think that would be worth not pissing off thousands of customers.
Really? Microsoft has been pissing people off since the Xbox One was announced. They definitely need to get their shit together.

Really? Microsoft has been pissing people off since the Xbox One was announced. They definitely need to get their shit together.
Really? Because I just got Sunset Overdrive and Saints IV for free. I think they have their shit pretty much on point.

(I do agree this code giveaway was a bust though)

Finally finished the game, definitely enjoyed it. I instantly started a new game on the hard difficulty to play through choosing the alternative choices, so I'm glad that it's enticing enough to play through again. Definitely glad I purchased it, this and two other games for $40 (after selling code) was well worth it.

My only complaint is the weapon options are horrible and not very weighty feeling.

The game lost my save today. Went to go play Junction 4, and nothing was there. Can't continue, no progress listed. Tried resetting my console (quick and holding the power button down) and signing out. In chat with the support guy now, hoping this mess of removing and wiping the info of my account will fix it, but they also said it can take up to 48 hours, so I won't know for sure until Tuesday. I was hoping to finish it tomorrow, replay it on Easy (on Hard now) to see the other videos and get a few missed collectibles, then trade it in. I REALLY don't want to replay it on Hard to get the Achievements, as the game is easy, but just slightly annoying with it on Hard, at certain points.

I do really like the game though, it's great. The videos have me intrigued to replay and see what the other content is.

The game lost my save today. Went to go play Junction 4, and nothing was there. Can't continue, no progress listed. Tried resetting my console (quick and holding the power button down) and signing out. In chat with the support guy now, hoping this mess of removing and wiping the info of my account will fix it, but they also said it can take up to 48 hours, so I won't know for sure until Tuesday. I was hoping to finish it tomorrow, replay it on Easy (on Hard now) to see the other videos and get a few missed collectibles, then trade it in. I REALLY don't want to replay it on Hard to get the Achievements, as the game is easy, but just slightly annoying with it on Hard, at certain points.

I do really like the game though, it's great. The videos have me intrigued to replay and see what the other content is.
I haven't checked, but maybe you can unlock it all again on easy and then after, select the acts that you haven't beat yet, only choose hard? Just a possible option. If that makes sense. Hard to explain haha.

That's a pain though.

I haven't checked, but maybe you can unlock it all again on easy and then after, select the acts that you haven't beat yet, only choose hard? Just a possible option. If that makes sense. Hard to explain haha.

That's a pain though.
I get what you're saying. I've considered doing that already, in fact. The troubleshooting steps helped exactly 0% of the problem, but they said it can take 48 hours. I'll probably try what you're suggesting, as it's what I was planning on doing already. I am just annoyed that I didn't get to finish it "my way" beforehand. Well, and I'm annoyed because there's no progress saves, so I have to go get all of the collectibles again, not just the 6 or so I missed.

Got a message from Xbox support saying they confirmed I purchased it on the 4th and are "working to get [my] bonus content" to me. I'll probably have forgotten about this game by the time I get my codes.

Got a message from Xbox support saying they confirmed I purchased it on the 4th and are "working to get [my] bonus content" to me. I'll probably have forgotten about this game by the time I get my codes.
Don't be so dramatic haha. That's good to hear they are working to fix the problem instead of just ignoring it and saying you're **** out of luck.

Don't be so dramatic haha. That's good to hear they are working to fix the problem instead of just ignoring it and saying you're **** out of luck.
I had to talk to 7 reps before I got to the one who even tried to help, so I feel like a little pessimism is called for. (Half of the reps said "It says you ordered on the 5th so you don't get anything.") You're right, though. No need for me to be such a diva.

So are we ever going to get our $10 gift card from the Microsoft store or??????
If you have an Xbox Rewards account it will show up there. rewards.xbox.com

They always say allow up to 2 weeks and previous preorders I've done have taken about that long to show up.

it's a windows 10 game, of course not
I read a couple articles after I made that post, and apparently UWP is to blame. It's pure trash, as evidenced by Gears of War Ultimate, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and now Quantum Break, all of which run extremely poorly. Rise of the Tomb Raider was also released on steam, and it objectively runs better than the Windows 10 store download apparently.

I didn't have too much experience with Games for Windows Live, but it seems like the shit boomerang has circled back, in the form of UWP.

Anybody else still not get the Alan Wake or Windows codes? This is beginning to border on ridiculous waiting over 2 weeks after the game launched. This is some serious bait and switch bullshit Microsoft is pulling off.

Anybody else still not get the Alan Wake or Windows codes? This is beginning to border on ridiculous waiting over 2 weeks after the game launched. This is some serious bait and switch bullshit Microsoft is pulling off.
Did you check your Xbox messages? That's where they sent them. Got all mine a few days ago.

I read a couple articles after I made that post, and apparently UWP is to blame. It's pure trash, as evidenced by Gears of War Ultimate, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and now Quantum Break, all of which run extremely poorly. Rise of the Tomb Raider was also released on steam, and it objectively runs better than the Windows 10 store download apparently.

I didn't have too much experience with Games for Windows Live, but it seems like the shit boomerang has circled back, in the form of UWP.
That's doesn't necessarily mean the platform is bad. It could easily mean that the work by the developers within that platform is bad as well.

However, we know the platform to be very limited right now. It's openly been stated that people just have to live with it for now. It's supposed to get gaming features unlocked and improved this summer, but never do I expect people to accept a company's word for it on these matters. Until it works, it doesn't work, but I also think the negative reaction to imperfection at launch is overblown.

Not a single one.

Promised a code by tomorrow. Giving them until lunch time or I'll be calling and asking to speak to someone higher up

I can't enjoy playing any Xbox One games I'm so pissed about this whole QB thing. Like it's one thing to never get anything when people get Xbox Reward points but now I pay for one thing, I get half of it, and best case scenario I get a refund of confederate dollars because their sales are compete shit.

They're still saying they don't know when the code will be in, but to "try in a couple of days"

I'm probably just going to have them refund my money. This is ridiculous.

The game literally will not start on my and many other people's CPUs. There is no way to overblow the negative reaction to a game that literally doesn't work.
Yes, there is. When someone's running an article about how the platform hates consumers and needs to be stopped from existing, that's overblowing it. It needs attention. It needs fixed. We have seen them explain their plans multiple times now. That it still gets treated like some government operation to ruin PC gaming or something is ridiculous. It needed planed better, but daily beatings don't get the work from them done any faster. I know comparing a beta to this isn't fair, but the DOOM beta was similarly a disaster on some PCs, but it gets railed on less than Quantum Break. I'd just like to see their first major update before we call the thing the worst product of all time.

I had initially sold my code to an ebayer who was very patient, now he wants his money back and I don't blame him. I'd made $50 on the code by selling it early and he was cool waiting the 7 days because he knew the deal going on.

Oh well, thanks for nothing Microsoft. Last time I do a digital pre-order with you guys. There's a reason places like Amazon and Steam get my business.

Steam may have crap CS, but they deliver on issues like this.

bread's done
Back