Question about 48 hour Gold trial codes.

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
After the rash of hacks/phishes/whatever, I decided to remove my credit card info from my gamertag. I was on auto-renewal for gold and the lady was able to take my card off and said she could provide a redeem code for the six months I had remaining for gold. She was having tech issues and had to escalate to a supervisor who will e-mail me the code within 24 hours. My question is, since I have a 48 hour trial code, can I use that for the next two days? The reason I ask is because the code card in my copy of Halo: Reach said "new gold accounts only". Is there is a limit to how many of the trials can be used on a gamertag? Thanks.

Should be fine. The only restriction on the 48hr codes vs 1/3/12month codes is they don't give you full gold privileges to buy "gold members only" deals on the marketplace.

MS fine print is funny like that. Most every 48hr code card used to have an expiration date on it that has never been enforced.

Don't take it for granted that your situation will resolve itself when and how it's supposed to. When that 25th hour hits call back customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor. I'm not sure I even understand why she would have to give you a code for the remaining time if they've already billed you for the full year. I guess it's on par with MS CS & the "every rep gives different info" reputation they have.

bread's done
Back