Question about Free Movie Tickets...

moviewizguy

CAGiversary!
....ok, I have 2 free movie tickets ($12 each). Can they be used for IMAX? It has the IMAX theater printed on the back as a theater than can recieve these tickets. I just want to be sure, because I really want to see one IMAX movie in my life before I die. I hope I can see Speed Racer in IMAX.

If they're like any of the other free movie ticket coupons that come packed with movies, they're money towards the purchase of a movie ticket. If the ticket is more, then you pay the difference. I used the ones I had for 300 to see it on IMAX, and paid the $1.50 difference.

[quote name='moviewizguy']....ok, I have 2 free movie tickets ($12 each). Can they be used for IMAX? It has the IMAX theater printed on the back as a theater than can recieve these tickets. I just want to be sure, because I really want to see one IMAX movie in my life before I die. I hope I can see Speed Racer in IMAX.[/quote]
need more information. where did you get them? how?

I didn't work in an IMAX but free tickets come in three varieties from my experiences

A Types are good for anything. you can use them for one free ticket to any movie
B Types are good for non-new movies. basically any movie that's at least two weeks old
C Types are good for a ticket price. you don't get change back or anything but for instance when you buy a DVD with a 'free ticket' it comes printed like a giant check usually good for 'one ticket price' up to $12 or whatever is printed. So if you live somewhere expensive and tickets are more than $12 you pay the difference otherwise you just get a free ticket. Sometimes I used to get people who'd try to use the 'change' on a second ticket and it doesn't work that way aside from that you can use it on any movie not just the printed one.

I've used those kind of free ones in IMAX before! the clerk never even blinks an eye... the only thing is at my local IMAX they charge $13.00 so when you use a free $12.00 coupon you have to pay the extra $1.00

I understand now (I have type C, btw). Darnit! Why didn't I use it for 300? I could've seen that movie in IMAX....too late. Now I know if I have these types of movie tickets that I can use them for IMAX. Harry Potter movies, here I come (hopefully)!

so the only thing you have to be aware of is like bearkiss said if the IMAX ticket costs more than the normal ticket and that price is more than the printed price you'll have to pay the difference.

bread's done
Back