Question about the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doom Gaze

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Are flames permitted on this forum? I definitely believe I was flamed on the Nintendo board (Of course, whether that qualifies as "flame" is up to the mods", so if it's against the rules, I'd like to see proper punishment.

If not, of course, then I'm sorry I bothered you but I'd at least be more informed.

[quote name='Doom Gaze']Are flames permitted on this forum? I definitely believe I was flamed on the Nintendo board (Of course, whether that qualifies as "flame" is up to the mods", so if it's against the rules, I'd like to see proper punishment.

If not, of course, then I'm sorry I bothered you but I'd at least be more informed.[/QUOTE]

Well the FAQ says this...

Proper contributions to CheapAssGamer.com are welcomed by registered users. You agree not use the Site in any way to:

a. post, email, transmit or otherwise make available Content that you know to be false or that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

But in reality, little is ever done unless it is a racial comment.

[quote name='gizmogc']Its the internet....you just need to learn to get over it.[/QUOTE]

That's what I keep trying to tell everyone.. everyone here takes everything way too personal

[quote name='Doom Gaze']Are flames permitted on this forum? I definitely believe I was flamed on the Nintendo board (Of course, whether that qualifies as "flame" is up to the mods", so if it's against the rules, I'd like to see proper punishment.

If not, of course, then I'm sorry I bothered you but I'd at least be more informed.[/QUOTE]
Follow the pretty letters.

[quote name='gizmogc']Its the internet....you just need to learn to get over it.[/QUOTE]

Remember, you and many others (myself included) couldn't stand DDF.

Plus, if the rules state something and it really doesn't mean anything, questioning it isn't that bad of a thing.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Follow the pretty letters.[/QUOTE]

Heh. No, I don't want that type of totalitarianism, I was just wondering. And I thank you guys for clarifying it.

So, you put up a post implying your fellows CAGs are idiots. Someone else insults you point blank. So you start a completely different thread to publicly announce that you've been 'flamed' and want punishment?

...That's really kinda whiny, dude. Just PM a mod.

Wow... he discredited your opinion using factually structured arguments. Truely a flame amongst flames. :roll:

If you're going to cry everytime someone says youre wrong, I hope you buy tissues in bulk.

"Originally Posted by Strell
Except that a PDA doesn't play games well.

If you want 802.11b connectivity you're looking at $300 PDA minimum.

You still need to buy huge expansion cards to have any sort of true functionality.

Batteries might last 3-4 hours on full usage.

Look up your facts, kid. I've been looking at PDAs forever and I know you can't get half the features the DS can do without shelling out 2X the cost, and even then the stupid thing isn't nearly as powerful as the DS.

But good try."

[quote name='Kayden']Wow... he discredited your opinion using factually structured arguments. Truely a flame amongst flames. :roll:

If you're going to cry everytime someone says youre wrong, I hope you buy tissues in bulk.

"Originally Posted by Strell
Except that a PDA doesn't play games well.

If you want 802.11b connectivity you're looking at $300 PDA minimum.

You still need to buy huge expansion cards to have any sort of true functionality.

Batteries might last 3-4 hours on full usage.

Look up your facts, kid. I've been looking at PDAs forever and I know you can't get half the features the DS can do without shelling out 2X the cost, and even then the stupid thing isn't nearly as powerful as the DS.

But good try."[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Did you see who Strell is quoting? It's not the OP. He's talking about David85's quote of his post.

quit your bitching doom, shit like this happens all the time, not just for you,
if you really care about this so much, why dont you report the post with the exclamation point button instead of posting this where no one will care?

Thanks for the laugh OP. I love when people use internet geek words like "flame". But enough of that GTG, but don't worry I'll BRB. LOL!

[quote name='DuelLadyS']So, you put up a post implying your fellows CAGs are idiots. Someone else insults you point blank. So you start a completely different thread to publicly announce that you've been 'flamed' and want punishment?

...That's really kinda whiny, dude. Just PM a mod.[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting the best part, he waits a month to make a topic about it.

I'm amazed a few words over the internet from someone as "diverse" as david can sting for that long.:lol:

Yeesh, you kids are harsh. Because I asked if saying ":shut the fuck up bitch" and "your a bitch" is a flame, I'm getting crushed? *sigh* Please, I'm sorry about this whole thing, I just wanted to know and I wanted some respect.

I'm talking about David85's post, so this isn't about "I couldn't form a rebuttal". This is about using flame to "back up" opinion and whether or not that's acceptable. I've always loved the CAG community and this open roast of my cheap ass over a question of policy is depressing...

If not, of course, then I'm sorry I bothered you but I'd at least be more informed.[/QUOTE]Want some friendly advice? In the future, if you suspect a post is a punishable violation of site policy, click the little
report.gif
button and report the post. A moderator can then decide if action should be taken.

Or, contact a moderator directly.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Want some friendly advice? In the future, if you suspect a post is a punishable violation of site policy, click the little
report.gif
button and report the post. A moderator can then decide if action should be taken.

Or, contact a moderator directly.[/QUOTE]

Good job Earl, you can now scratch number 167 off your list.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Want some friendly advice? In the future, if you suspect a post is a punishable violation of site policy, click the little
report.gif

Or, contact a moderator directly.[/QUOTE]

You should have made the report button picture a link to report his post- so when he clicked it he would report himself

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:rofl: Did you see who Strell is quoting? It's not the OP. He's talking about David85's quote of his post.[/QUOTE]

Of course I didnt. I don't need to actually check facts before offering MY opinion. :lol:

I think it's funny how the OP continues to talk down on us like he's intellectually superior to everyone here. Why do our opinions matter on this issue? Is there some deep underlying need to be right? Maybe the dude went a little overboard but I'm tired of people getting on getting on here acting like they're the end all of videogame knowledge. If you're all that go apply to EA, and shut up, armchair insider.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back