Question for GBA owners and buyers?

rafissaying

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Do you guys ever buy the catridge by itself? Or is it just me that I hate to buy it by itself. Is there anyway to find a place where they just sell the box or maunal by itself? Thanks for the help

Most of the cartridge only games I've picked up have been the original Game Boy titles I have little hope of finding complete (without paying a mint at some online auction). With the newer GBA games, I have to really want it or find it cheap to buy it without the box and instructions. I'd rather have the box/instructions than not have them, but it's not the end of the world if I can't get them.

GB/GBC/GBA games are a special case compared to most consoles. The majority of the market is kids and they just don't think about the increased value of the box and instructions for resale. That the games commonly travel away from home without their packages only makes it worse.

I held out a long time but I recently bought a lot more GBA/GBC games because it's all I have available until I move into a new place. EBgames had some very good prices on some good games but finding them with the box and manual is a lost cause.

It's really hard to find complete used gba games. I did find some good ones at my local gamerush, but otherwise I'm really hesitant to buy uncomplete gba games.

I don't know about boxes, but you can buy manuals for games published by Nintendo directly from them. They're available at Nintendo's online store for $1.25 each.

Up until the Game Boy Color, nearly all of my GB games were carts only. I was young, and usually, my mom would throw away their boxes! :( But since then, I try and keep them complete. I will purchase cart only if it is something I have wanted, and can't get complete.

[quote name='rafissaying']Is there anyway to find a place where they just sell the box or maunal by itself?[/quote]

Gamerecyclery.com sells boxes and manuals for GBA and GBC games (as well as for other systems), though their selection is limited.

thanks everyone for your input...im just debating whether i should get a fire emblem and advance wars 2 with just the cart at a pretty decent price. since fire emblem is pretty hard to come by complete i think i just may pick it up. thanks everyone again.

i also checked the nintendo website and they said that the manuals may be photocopied so it defeats the purpose of buying the manual from them...just for future info

I don't give a fuck.

Most of my GBA games, I buy so my girlfriend and I can play together. It just depends on the deal. It's usually no cheaper to buy without the box than it is with.

[quote name='Wet Ninja'][quote name='rafissaying']Is there anyway to find a place where they just sell the box or maunal by itself?[/quote]

Gamerecyclery.com sells boxes and manuals for GBA and GBC games (as well as for other systems), though their selection is limited.[/quote]

Hey now! That is a cool link and I see two things I could use for my GBA. Thanks!

I prefer complete when buying my GBA games, but I'm not that anal about it (if cartridge only is significantly less, then I'll get it instead). I've only bought maybe two GB/C games that came complete though.

As long as the cartridge works, I don't really care about condition if I got it for a good price. Personally, I take good care of my collection and will clean them off if they are dirty (usually I wipe them off anyhow because I'm not sure where some of the people who had the game before me stuck it, like the kitty litter box or something). I do care more about the condition of my non-cartridge games though.

[quote name='rafissaying']thanks everyone for your input...im just debating whether i should get a fire emblem and advance wars 2 with just the cart at a pretty decent price. since fire emblem is pretty hard to come by complete i think i just may pick it up. thanks everyone again.[/quote]

You may already know this, but Advance Wars 2 is $9.95 at Best Buy B&M. If you need me to pick-up one for you, let me know the Montclair, CA Best Buy has several.

Let me know.

[quote name='mrnomis27'][quote name='rafissaying']thanks everyone for your input...im just debating whether i should get a fire emblem and advance wars 2 with just the cart at a pretty decent price. since fire emblem is pretty hard to come by complete i think i just may pick it up. thanks everyone again.[/quote]

You may already know this, but Advance Wars 2 is $9.95 at Best Buy B&M. If you need me to pick-up one for you, let me know the Montclair, CA Best Buy has several.

Let me know.[/quote]

thanks dude i'm actually very close to there...where are you at?

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']I've made a promise to only pay no more than $10 for my GBA games and have them complete, too. It's worked out fine so far.[/quote]

what kind of games are you finding for $10 complete? fire emblem or zelda the minish cap happen to be anyone of them? if so...let another CAG in on it

[quote name='rafissaying'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']I've made a promise to only pay no more than $10 for my GBA games and have them complete, too. It's worked out fine so far.[/quote]

what kind of games are you finding for $10 complete? fire emblem or zelda the minish cap happen to be anyone of them? if so...let another CAG in on it[/quote]

I've got my collection posted. I've gotten Advance Wars 2, Fire Emblem, Boktai, Golden Sun 2, MMBN3:Blue, Pokemon Ruby, TMNT, and Wario Ware for $10 or less.

bread's done
Back