Question for Students Living In Dorms

TctclMvPhase

CAGiversary!
Feedback
104 (100%)
This may sound a bit ridiculous but I have been dying to find a desk chair like the one I used to have in my dorm. It was one of the wooden ones with the padded seat and back. It had what was basically two runners on the bottom that were flat when sitting normally but went up at a slight angle so you could lean back in them.

It was a bit like the one in this picture onyl with a bit more padding and lighter wood.
https://blogs.uchicago.edu/collegeadmissions/MessyDeskMax1.html

Does anyone know where I might be able to get one of these? Or if you are still a student, could you check the bottom of your chair to try and get a company name or any info that might help me track one of these down?

oh good jesus I'm sitting in one of those chairs right now (mysister is in graduate housing) and I dont like them. My sister hates hates hates them. It might be because we have so little room but when you walk behind them you're always hitting your foot because the bottom extends farther than the back. it's the most annoying thing ever.
DSCN8218.JPG

DSCN8219.JPG

DSCN8220.JPG

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/7kVe5D8rNGDrQPQ2SabucsGzI3CWPEXoi4ZkQTGzrO8?feat=directlink

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kodave']Is that a CRT monitor?[/QUOTE]
only a nerd....

you're kidding right of COURSE it's a CRT monitor. I'm cobbling together this stuff from free parts people give away. I have had like 5 of them. I gave three away and just got given one few weeks ago. I have 4 CPUs only two of them have harddrives and the only one that works has a CD-RW drive only no DVD. I have no tools here so i can't even take pieces apart and put together one decent machine yet.\

:sigh: my need for some screwdrivers.

[quote name='Wolfkin']
DSCN8219.JPG

[/QUOTE]

I had the same chair in college minus the padding... it did have built in butt grooves though. I LOVED IT... being able to lean back on that thing. It defied gravity I tell ya.

I hated how they were almost like rocking chairs. Every time I'd try to rock, there'd just be an abrupt stop on the way forward. Pretty decent otherwise.

I had a similar chair when I lived on campus. I was so fond of it, that when I had to change rooms, and the new one only had the kind with armrests, I swapped one of them out with the chair from my old one.

maybe you guys have more space than I do but am I seriously the only one who kept slamming their foot into the rocking extension when going around the chair?

the rocking I felt was ok in concept and tolerable in execution but the punishment I took those first days before i adapted was not worth it.

[quote name='Wolfkin']you're kidding right of COURSE it's a CRT monitor. I'm cobbling together this stuff from free parts people give away. I have had like 5 of them. I gave three away and just got given one few weeks ago. I have 4 CPUs only two of them have harddrives and the only one that works has a CD-RW drive only no DVD. I have no tools here so i can't even take pieces apart and put together one decent machine yet.\

:sigh: my need for some screwdrivers.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like my old set-up. I had a friend who use to call me the "red-neck of nerds" because I would use those half-working computers to prop up my current machines.

Also, thanks for the pictures. That is exactly the type of chair I had in mind. I checked out Krug and can't seem to find anything on their website (its almost like theyre ashamed of it). Im gonna try their number later on in the week.

If anyone else has a different company on their chair please post.

HAHA good to know i'm not the only garbage computer/monitor wrangler on here. I've wrestled so many computers from my apartments trashbins. I had to climb into the compactors dump chute but I found a older Alienware in the trash at my current nice complex with just a dead power supply. Oh yea and a ton of dirty sex pics lol.

I'll save the guts to do builds and sell um cheap as everyone loves a cheap PC. I had a (24/27?)"+ massive CRT on a fabric covered concrete block stand forever at my old place for a 2nd gaming setup. You had no idea what it was until you stubbed your toe! :D

bread's done
Back