R-Type Command (PSP) $16.81 @Amazon.com

gunm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Finally below $19.99! Get 'em while they're hot:

http://www.amazon.com/Atlus-8014822..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1215477068&sr=8-1

And if you like Natsume games, River King Mystic Valley for DS is $(edit back up to)27.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Natsume-Inc-R..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1215477117&sr=1-1

I'll admit, I'm tempted on River King DS just because I don't see this game in stores much at all (which means less opportunity for me to pick up on clearance, etc), and I like both adventure games and fishing games in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maromi']They won't price adjust anything for you beyond 30 days, right? :/[/QUOTE]

It's still worth a shot. Amazon allows a little bit of leeway.

[quote name='devilmaycry218']I ordered R-type when it first went down to $23 on Amazon, got it the other day with the figure. Totally worth it.[/QUOTE]

send them an email and get the price difference credited back

playing DQ right now, overall it seems to be very linear since you can't explore the world map. Definately not good for those who are expecting a turn based RPG

That's cool that you folks are both getting R-Type Command and the Black R9 Arrowheaad (which is featured in the game). I paid full price for it thinking that the gift would run out. Do I regret it? Eh not really.

The game is solid enough once you realize some things which only come through trial and error as the game doesn't really explain everything (although a manual is available in the main menu). After beating the main campaign I couldn't push myself to play it all over again. That doesn't make it bad, just that the battles can end up being grueling struggles. I beat the last boss on just one turn left.

I got my R-Type in last week and really didn't care for it. Way too complex for my taste. So I traded it in to GS using their Gears of War 2 bonus deal & got $16.25 out of it. Just price adjusted to $16.81 at Amazon, so I'm only out .56 for the model. :p One more drop, and I profited from the deal.

Well this blows. I bought R-Type long ago at full price from Amazon and didn't get any figurine. I did the super-saver shipping, however, so perhaps this is why.

[quote name='danhoo']Well this blows. I bought R-Type long ago at full price from Amazon and didn't get any figurine. I did the super-saver shipping, however, so perhaps this is why.[/quote]

I did it too a couple of weeks ago using the free shipping option. I got the figurine though :bouncy:.

Another PA :D.

Wow, this just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper...

Kinda tired of contacting Amazon.com for a price adjustment for every single price drop... haha.

R-Type Command went back up to $39.99 now. I would say this thread can go to the graveyard now.

Btw, I emailed Amazon 24 hours ago for the price adjustment but they never replied nor the price was adjusted for me. Has anyone gotten any response or action from Amazon?

Got in on the cheap price.

Not sure why this game came out at $40 in the first place..did they really think a lot of folks were going to pony up that much for it?

I like "old school" shooters but no way was I going to fork over this...everytime I went into BestBuy I would swing by and see if they came to their senses and dropped the price (while it looked like not a single copy sold).

If they would have priced this "right" from the git-go ($25?) they probably would have sold quite a few and not be in the position I suspect they are in now...which is a ton of inventory they are going to start to run a clearance on.

[quote name='eau']R-Type Command went back up to $39.99 now. I would say this thread can go to the graveyard now.

Btw, I emailed Amazon 24 hours ago for the price adjustment but they never replied nor the price was adjusted for me. Has anyone gotten any response or action from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

It seems to take longer than a few hours.

I emailed again for the third time late last night but this time to 'Returns & Refunds' instead of 'Other questions & comments'. A couple of hours later they replied and adjusted the price for me.

I wonder if the 'Returns & Refunds' address did the trick.

I used "gift certificate/promo offers". I wouldn't use "other questions and comments" as I think the others get priority.

Glad I decided to get R-Type Command yesterday, when it showed up as a 'gold box' deal for me (under $16). Since the price has jumped to $39.99, I guess I got the game (and bonus model) at rock-bottom. :)

Received in the mail after checking around lunch time. The little model "premium" is wrapped together with the game, not as an individual item. The pieces (arrayed flat on a sheet) appear so fragile that they look like they'd disintegrate if simply breathed upon. But the game itself will be interesting for this fan of the shooters (especially Delta).

[quote name='punkmaggit']When I click on both links their prices are #35.99 & $28.99 respectively 0_o.[/quote]

Both are dead, op is being lazy ;)

wish I would've seen this, love R-Type but have always been unsure about Command.. would've spent the $16 for the figure, though...!

bread's done
Back