Radiant Silvergun (SEALED - Saturn-JP) $500 at Play-Asia - Touched by CheapyD ;)

[quote name='jjmai']man, you won't even know if the CD has already corrupted after all this time......[/quote]
Wha...? A CD is not a battery pack SNES or Game Boy cartridge. :(

[quote name='phear3d']cheapy i think if you lick this copy it would sell for more..[/quote]

I don't want no man's slob on a mint copy of a super rare game. I don't want his slob on his slob for crying out loud.

This still isn't much of a deal even if the game is rarer than a blue moon. $250 is a better asking price than $500 which is the same price as the cheapest PS3.

[quote name='fairtrade']While we're dreaming, then, I want a copy of Taromaru (full title Shinrei Jyuusatsushi Taromaru I believe). And a pony.[/QUOTE]
Thats the only game I dont have that is a uber rare Saturn import. I saw a mint complete copy at a BIN for $195 once but was too late to buy it. Damn it! Considering it goes for $300-$400+, I was pissed I didnt get on the computer 5 minutes earlier.

Mmmm...sealed Radiant...

What a swell game. Whenever I've had it, financial problems have forced me to sell it, and I've nearly cried every time. I love it :(

I sold my copy of psychic killer not too long ago. They go for about $250 or so these days. I saw one end not long ago for like $214 via auction. Complete with spine card etc. Cool game but overrated.

This is one of those threads that makes me question what I am -- a gamer, a collector, or both. I guess I just got into importing at the right time (98-05). Off the top of my head, I own:

- Rockman & Bass (SNES)
- Tobal No. 2 (PSX)
- Vib Ribbon (PSX)
- Burning Rangers (Saturn)
- House of the Dead (Saturn)
- Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn)
- Guardian Heroes (Saturn)
- Christmas NiGHTS (Saturn)
- What's the Capcom fighting game on Saturn that required the RAM pack? I have that
- Radiant Silvergun (Dreamcast)
- Ikaruga (Dreamcast)
- Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaioh (Bangai-O) (N64)
- Sin & Punishment (N64)
- Rez & Trance Vibrator (PS2)
- Tomato (PS2) -- apparently the rarest PS2 game in existence
- All the Beatmania/Guitar Freaks/Drummania/Keyboardmania controllers and games (PSX/PS2)

I can't bring myself to sell my games. I sold a crapload of NES/Genesis/SNES games in college, but they were all crap. (Home Alone, Total Recall, etc...)

[quote name='Luckychunk']
- What's the Capcom fighting game on Saturn that required the RAM pack? I have that[/QUOTE]

Street Fighter Zero 3, X-men vs. SF, Marvel Superheroes vs. SF, Vampire Savior and Final Fight Revenge all required Capcom's 4 meg RAM cart to run. D&D Collection did as well but that wasn't a fighting game.

EDIT - Of those, SFZ3, Final Fight Revenge and D&D are the rare ones.

[quote name='Rocko']What makes them douches if there's nothing wrong with it?[/quote]Envy or resentment. Either one.

[quote name='gunm']Edit: it's like those millionaires who buy space flights or fighter jets for themselves or spending millions on trying to circle the globe in their hot air balloon, or experimental airplane or whatever--are they wrong to spend their money they way they want to? Of course not. But would that money have been better served in some philantropic venture?[/quote] What's to say that those millionaires aren't also donating millions to feed hungry people around the world. We all budget our money. X to bills, X to necessities, X to tithe/donations, X to entertainment, et cetera.

[quote name='phear3d']cheapy i think if you lick this copy it would sell for more..[/quote]:lol: Yeah, a touch alone hardly ups the value.

Anyway, a little back on track... someone asked about buying it to resell. On eBay there's another (new) that's also going for about $500 US. OR... you could open the game, sell it used for about half, and keep a $250 plastic wrap seal for yourself.

[quote name='guinaevere']What's to say that those millionaires aren't also donating millions to feed hungry people around the world. We all budget our money. X to bills, X to necessities, X to tithe/donations, X to entertainment, et cetera[/quote]

Apologies, but on the other hand it will be my last OT on this: if millionaires were really doing this right, there wouldn't be hungry people all over the world. Let's be honest, most of the world's wealth are in the hands of a relative few and whatever they donate to charitable causes doesn't 100% end up in the hands of the people who need them for a variety of reasons. I'm not saying millionaires don't donate a lot of money to charitable causes, I'm saying when rich people spend lavishly on themselves (i.e. a $500 rare game or a multi-million dollar space flight), it's still a selfish indulgence. I'd do it too, if I had that kind of money, but is it right?

Yes, I'm cynical. ;)

Where is there a good site that has info on saturn titles and some insight on what rare?

There so many threads its hard to get an idea on what's what

[quote name='Romis']Where is there a good site that has info on saturn titles and some insight on what rare?

There so many threads its hard to get an idea on what's what[/quote]

Racketboy is a good start. They have reviews and beginner's info on Saturn, DC, and more.

Radiant Silvergun is probably THE most sought after Saturn title (I dunno about rarest, it's certainly uncommon). If only because shmup guys tend to be hardcore obsessive over their games and collections... :p

[quote name='Romis']Where is there a good site that has info on saturn titles and some insight on what rare?

There so many threads its hard to get an idea on what's what[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'd like to know, too. I know about all the U.S. Saturn releases quite well but beyond that, I'm lost. Also, what is this Tomato (PS2) I hear of? Rarest PS2 game? I can't seem to find any information on it.

Off-Topic: This actually got me thinking about my PS3's region-free capabilities. I've never imported before because I didn't want to bother with mod-chips or swap discs but now it's super easy so my question is where to find out info about Saturn imports and are there any good PS3 games to import?

why is sealed so much more than likenew mint? It's weird that if you opened the plastic wrap 280 dollars just disappears.

Damn, only 1 copy available? I'd be in for 5 if he had them, all so they could go into my climate/environmentally controled display case never to again see the natural light of day, until they at least quadrupled in value, but pfft one copy...shipping definitely kills the deal.

Ah well, now I just need to find something to waste this $2500 I had all prepared for this transaction on...other than giving it to starving people, ewww!

[quote name='mxpowar'] Also, what is this Tomato (PS2) I hear of? Rarest PS2 game? I can't seem to find any information on it.[/QUOTE]

My bad, Tomato was the developer -- the title is wordimagesoundplay

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/SLPM-65484.html

From NCSX:

"Tomato's wordimagesoundplay was released on March 17 but distributors were not privy to the product. After a few weeks, we were able to locate it at a small shop in Shibuya. Many employees in many shops, including chains, didn't even know it was released. The print run appears to have been very small and possibly under 5000 copies were published."

[quote name='gunm']Apologies, but on the other hand it will be my last OT on this: if millionaires were really doing this right, there wouldn't be hungry people all over the world. Let's be honest, most of the world's wealth are in the hands of a relative few and whatever they donate to charitable causes doesn't 100% end up in the hands of the people who need them for a variety of reasons. I'm not saying millionaires don't donate a lot of money to charitable causes, I'm saying when rich people spend lavishly on themselves (i.e. a $500 rare game or a multi-million dollar space flight), it's still a selfish indulgence. I'd do it too, if I had that kind of money, but is it right?

Yes, I'm cynical. ;)[/QUOTE]

If Rich Guy A gives $1M to a homeless shelter, it would probably allow them to feed, clothes, and provide shelter for (pulling numbers out of ass) 250 people for a year (assuming a cost of $11/person/day). None of this money is going to contribute to the wealth of the country or of any person, and none is going to help the homeless improve themselves.

If Rich Guy B spends $1M to travel around in orbit for a little while, this money is probably used to (a) develop new technologies (b) pay employees (c) fund the building of new spaceships (d) pay for fuel. With the exception of (d), each of these items is adding to the wealth of the nation and the knowledge of mankind.

I am not necessarily endorsing one over the other, but merely trying to show that it is not nearly as black and white as your post makes it sound. People spending money to get other people to do and create useful things is what makes life easier and more enjoyable as time goes on, wheras spending money to allow people to be idle does not contribute anything to anyone.
Obviously, some people are incapacitated and cannot work, and it is the best interests of society to do what we can to help them realize whatever potential can be realized from these people, but I think you can appreciate my arguments.

Does anyone know what that rare PC-FX game is with all the Japanese cultural jokes in it is? I'd like to bag that myself.
Also I want the 1st pressing of "Segagaga" where it's not censored and they lambast a notorious anti-alcohol spokesperson of Japan.

[quote name='Sarang01']Does anyone know what that rare PC-FX game is with all the Japanese cultural jokes in it is? I'd like to bag that myself.
Also I want the 1st pressing of "Segagaga" where it's not censored and they lambast a notorious anti-alcohol spokesperson of Japan.[/quote]

Yikes, this thread has really gone OT. Oh wells...is it Akiyamajin? I know that one is really rare. Sorry, I'm not into PC-Engine/PC-FX...

[quote name='Rocko'][quote name='gunm']There's nothing wrong with it, but only rich douches would buy it.[/quote]What makes them douches if there's nothing wrong with it?[/quote]

I think he was talking about his friend, Richard Douches. I think he's french.

[quote name='Luckychunk']My bad, Tomato was the developer -- the title is wordimagesoundplay

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/SLPM-65484.html

From NCSX:

"Tomato's wordimagesoundplay was released on March 17 but distributors were not privy to the product. After a few weeks, we were able to locate it at a small shop in Shibuya. Many employees in many shops, including chains, didn't even know it was released. The print run appears to have been very small and possibly under 5000 copies were published."[/QUOTE]
Cool. But what is the game about? Do you know any links to any gameplay videos? You have officially piqued my curiosity. :)

OK, the hype got to me and I just bought it. I have wanted this game for so long that I guess the money isn't really the issue. I am just tired of not finding it.

And yes, I am going to open and play it.

Edit: Cancelled it. Thank the lord they allow you to cancel or I was gonna call them. Too much money.

If you really did just buy this AND you used Cheapy's affiliate link, then congrats--I totally take back the whole 'douche' thing. :)

[quote name='raregamergirl']I sold my copy of psychic killer not too long ago. They go for about $250 or so these days. I saw one end not long ago for like $214 via auction. Complete with spine card etc. Cool game but overrated.[/QUOTE]'

yup Taromaru is shit but highly collectible. Sold mine for 275 on ebay. I also ended up selling Radiant Silvergun for 160 2 years ago

[quote name='Rocko']So $500 is a steal? I'd expect it to be gone by now if it's such a stellar deal.

I'm surprised anyone would pay $500 for a game, but then again I recently saw an eBay auction for a Yugioh card go over $2500.[/QUOTE]

It was the english version Crush Card Virus wasn't it? That damn thing always goes for $5000-9000.

It's not that good .It was back when, but there are tons of $10.00 games better than Radiant Silvergun now.I had it and traded it and I don't miss it all and I'm a huge Shoot em up fan.you would have to be nutz to pay that for any game.

[quote name='MCalvert1']If only I knew. Electronics Boutique store around here sold this and a handful of other saturn imports. They sat there and sat there. Eventually the game was clearanced out for $30-40, something like that. Still passed. Ugh.

MjC[/QUOTE]

I remember when the EB I was working at clearanced out all their Saturn imports.

IIRC, I got Radiant Silvergun new w/ spine card for $18.

[quote name='RockmanX3']I hope this gets remade for another system so it kills the value (Dragonball GT final bout).[/quote]

:cry: :cry: :cry: What did I ever do to you, Atari!?!? Why would you kill the value of my game!?!?!? WHY!?! WHY!?!?!

Now that I'm done overreacting over my game, Radiant time. >_> It's too expensive. For the same $500, you can buy and PS3 and actually use it! For this, you can get a sealed game that you really can't open. If you do, it loses so much value. So unless you have a museum of gaming in your house, I really can't imagine anyone getting it.

....then again, I can always ask my rich relatives to shell over some money for it and a climate controlled stand and just watch it radiate sliverness into my room.

EDIT!
After doing a little eBay research, I'd consider this a deal:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Radiant-Silvergun-Sega-Saturn-Japan-NTSC-no-reserve_W0QQitemZ250154689080QQihZ015QQcategoryZ112818QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem
I know this probably goes in the auction section, but... yeah. >_> used Raidant Silvergun for .99 GBP works for me better.

[quote name='Chronis']:cry: :cry: :cry: What did I ever do to you, Atari!?!? Why would you kill the value of my game!?!?!? WHY!?! WHY!?!?!

Now that I'm done overreacting over my game, Radiant time. >_> It's too expensive. For the same $500, you can buy and PS3 and actually use it! For this, you can get a sealed game that you really can't open. If you do, it loses so much value. So unless you have a museum of gaming in your house, I really can't imagine anyone getting it.

....then again, I can always ask my rich relatives to shell over some money for it and a climate controlled stand and just watch it radiate sliverness into my room.

EDIT!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Radiant-Silvergun-Sega-Saturn-Japan-NTSC-no-reserve_W0QQitemZ250154689080QQihZ015QQcategoryZ112818QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem
I know this probably goes in the auction section, but... yeah. >_> used Raidant Silvergun for .99 GBP works for me better.[/QUOTE]

If you think that auction is seriously going to end at that price, then I'll sell you my Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt cart. Ultra Rare.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']If you think that auction is seriously going to end at that price, then I'll sell you my Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt cart. Ultra Rare.[/quote]

I know it's not going to end at that price. But considering it started at a very low price, I've got to think it'd end lower than most of the other auctions.

[quote name='Chronis']I know it's not going to end at that price. But considering it started at a very low price, I've got to think it'd end lower than most of the other auctions.[/QUOTE]
Do you have ANY idea how ebay works??

The amount the auction is started at has nothing to do with how much it'll end at.

HAHAHA I'm going to buy up a bunch of $200-250 copies, get some Saranwrap and plastic sealer and my heat gun and start selling "sealed copies" mwahahaha...

I will RULE THE RADIANT SILVERGUN MARKET!

[quote name='karkyco']EXACTLY, mwahahahaha!!!

And yes i was joking.

Or WAS I?[/QUOTE]

enjoy ur chargebacks ;)

[quote name='Chronis']:cry: :cry: :cry: What did I ever do to you, Atari!?!? Why would you kill the value of my game!?!?!? WHY!?! WHY!?!?!

EDIT!
I know this probably goes in the auction section, but... yeah. >_> used Raidant Silvergun for .99 GBP works for me better.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm feeling mean today, because I just put a $100 bid in.

i think paying $200 you would be setting yourself up for a huge disappointment when you start the game and see the dated saturn graphics.

as far as collecting the game and showing it off, theres maybe 1% of gamers out there that even know this game exists?

[quote name='lizard2']i think paying $200 you would be setting yourself up for a huge disappointment when you start the game and see the dated saturn graphics.

as far as collecting the game and showing it off, theres maybe 1% of gamers out there that even know this game exists?[/QUOTE]

This post tells me everything I need to know about you.

bread's done
Back