Radiata Stories 19.99

I think it's just a price drop? I can't imagine how it would've sold that many units to become a GH title...

Still, awesome price. Not as good as the Best Buy $5 clearance though. :D

Good price, but I doubt this is getting the GH treatment. This reminds me, I have this game collecting dust somewhere, I should get around to finally playing it :)

[quote name='Caliburn']I think it's just a price drop? I can't imagine how it would've sold that many units to become a GH title...
[/QUOTE]

The game has been clearanced at enough places that enough people could have bought it, making it GH status.

I think that the games just have to get sold, regardless of price.

Reality's Fringe;2129282 said:
I just saw this when I picked up a Gamecube memory card last night. Did a search and nothing turned up, so I figured I'd give the heads up in case anyone wants to get it before it gets that nasty ol' red banner gets slapped on. $19.99 new and $17.99 used.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=939148
First things first, Radiata Stories is a good game. I got it for $5.00 @ BestBuy.
Second, I must address your stupid movie in your post about the Wii. Unacceptable. Don't buy it. Dont't knock the most innovative video game company in the game. Technology is awesome, but technology alone a game does not make my friend. Best franchise games, best first party games, quality gaming, amd again, most innovative. Nintendo will rock em all in terms of gaming. Don't be surprised if you see them leading the race soon. Even if they don't I will always support them. The OG's of gaming.

PS-I am not a fanboy, I am a gamer, and I own all the systems.
Watch ya mouth son. Again, dont buy it, if you don't like it.

[quote name='ricdafric`']First things first, Radiata Stories is a good game. I got it for $5.00 @ BestBuy.
Second, I must address your stupid movie in your post about the Wii. Unacceptable. Don't buy it. Dont't knock the most innovative video game company in the game. Technology is awesome, but technology alone a game does not make my friend. Best franchise games, best first party games, quality gaming, amd again, most innovative. Nintendo will rock em all in terms of gaming. Don't be surprised if you see them leading the race soon. Even if they don't I will always support them. The OG's of gaming.

Watch ya mouth son. Again, dont buy it, if you don't like it.[/quote]
do you not understand sarcasm?

it's a joke, calm down

[quote name='ricdafric`']

Watch ya mouth son. Again, dont buy it, if you don't like it.[/quote]

AHAHAhahaahahahah What the fuck does this have to do with Radiata Stories?

[quote name='ricdafric`']First things first, Radiata Stories is a good game. I got it for $5.00 @ BestBuy.

Watch ya mouth son. Again, dont buy it, if you don't like it.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: You really made my day. Nintendo is ghey and for kids, n00b. lol.

As a side note, I never played it, but it sounded interesting. I just don't have much time/patience for RPGs anymore.

[quote name='swetooth9']do you not understand sarcasm?

it's a joke, calm down[/QUOTE]
I understand sarcasm, I know your mother.

[quote name='diaeresis']Just because someone owns all the game systems doesn't mean they don't eat paste.[/QUOTE]
Your sister likes to eat my paste

Reality's Fringe;2129843]:rofl: You really made my day. Nintendo is ghey and for kids said:
You are gay, and tricks are for kids, not Nintendo. So I guess your mother loves the kids and vice versa, cuz that bleep is a trick.! HA-HA Stop hatin. None of you can out-wit me so stop it, before you hurt yourselves.

Back on topic...
It's a good game. I liked it

*shameless plug*
Oh yeah, I have it on my tradelist for 16 shipped
*end shameless plug

[quote name='ricdafric`']You are gay, and tricks are for kids, not Nintendo. So I guess your mother loves the kids and vice versa, cuz that bleep is a trick.! HA-HA Stop hatin. None of you can out-wit me so stop it, before you hurt yourselves.[/quote]
wohoa...you're cool!

Radiata Stories really is the perfect game for people like myself who like an RPG that has a brief 20 hour quest with a ton of optional quests.

Everything about the game is entertaining, even the cheesy story (which is deliberately so).

I had more fun with it than with Dragon Quest VIII or Star Ocean III.

Anyone selling Radiata Stories new for $10 shipped? =) The game was okay, I liked it primarily due to Lenneth Valkyrie making a funny appearance in the game (every time she slides it cracks me up).

I got it for $10 back in the CC sale. Honestly I would've spent $50 if I had no other choice as it's a pretty good game. I guess the thing I liked most was the way NPCs have their own schedules and day-to-day routines. Makes the world feel alive. It'll be tough going back to games with your usual static NPCs that'll stay in one spot until the world ends.

I so wanted to pick this game up at the BB clearance and then later on at the CC $10, but no stores I went to had the game. Since it seems to be a universal price drop, I hope that it has either gone GH so I can GGC it, or at the very least Fry's will have it on sale or I'll just get it at an EB or Gamecrazy. Thanks OP for the post.

I payed full price for this last year and was not dissapointed, great game.

The only RPG I liked better last year was Romancing SaGa. Yeah I know most people don't like that one but I played it back in the SNES days so I was happy to see such a great remake, I hope someday they decide to remake 2 and 3. I think people don't like it because there's not much of a main storyline and it feels a little more like an MMO where you just do quests and such but I find it kind of refreshing to play an RPG where do you don't feel like someone's holding your hand the whole way through.

Oops, it appears that I posted my props to Segabastard in the wrong forum.

I kind of want Radiata Stories but at honestly, I'd probably never get around to playing it.

I want to play this because Lenneth makes an appearance, but I'm not sure whether I should get it for that reason only (as well as my huge backlog of games).

Hmmm, am I the only one noticing that the guy's name is "Jack Russel," you know, like the dog/terrier? I know that probably doesn't mean much, as I'm more than likely going to order it (and Dragon Quest VIII) from Overstock, but you really have to wonder what the boys down in localization are doing...

If any of you cannot find it locally (B&M), you can also try square-enix.com. They have the game for $19.99 as well. You can have it shipped media mail for just under $2. I chose this route as I was having a hard time finding the game in any stores.

[quote name='Karyyk']Hmmm, am I the only one noticing that the guy's name is "Jack Russel," you know, like the dog/terrier? I know that probably doesn't mean much, as I'm more than likely going to order it (and Dragon Quest VIII) from Overstock, but you really have to wonder what the boys down in localization are doing...[/QUOTE]

The territories in the game are named after misspelled french numbers as well. The whole game is very tongue in cheek.

[quote name='keithp']Damn, it was $5??! I missed that (smacks self). How long ago was this?[/QUOTE]

I long time ago, I think in Feb 06 I think at Best Buy when they were clearing the game out of their system.

But if you really want it you can get it New from Overstock.com for $18.38. Do a google search for overstock.com coupons and you'll find a link for 12% off and $1.40 shipping.

Alternatively, Amazon also has it for $19.99 and it ships free if your total order is $25 or over. It's not as cheap but if you are have gift card money or are ordering/preordering from there anyway it might be worth it.

I think the game has gone GH personally, that's why it's $19.99 everywhere now. Sony will probably be announcing it in it's next batch of GH games in the coming weeks.

bread's done
Back