Radio Shack Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

badnewsbrown

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this is YMMV but my radio is have a good clearance sale.

I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy for 30, LOZ:pH for 15 and a backup DS battery for 5.

There's a bunch of other stuff for sale too so you guys might want to look out for it.

is every Radioshack having this clearance, none of the ones around me are selling games for this cheap?

i am at school in the sticks of new hampshire, that could be why. Any info on the location of this clearance would be helpful, thanks.

[quote name='option.iv']Basically, I had to go to a ghetto Radio Shack to find anything. I think the hobo living on the side of the building scared off other people.[/quote]

That's one way to scare off the hoarders. I just got Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Darkness for 11 bucks. Going to give it as a gift.

I used to work for RS and associates are good people usually (most of the people I worked with). But RS cares too much about selling people 3 phones each and getting them to buy the same item for more money.

But also, most customers are retards, anybody who works in retail will tell you the same thing, and we assume that you are, from experience, until we talk to you.

I went to my local radio shack and picked up 2 360 wireless headsets for 24 each and a nyko wii wireless bar for 2 dollars! haha

Picked up Ratchet&Clank for $20. They had GT3 guitar bundle for Xbox and PS3 with a clearance sign saying $49 but they rang up as $39.

Scored the last PS3 copy of any game at my local RS, and it just happened to be the one I wanted: GTA5 Prologue. Thanks OP!

Ok so some weird news...

I checked a local radio shack and the guy claimed they dont have games, he said its funny they dont get the games at all... they get the systems though. He laughed and claimed that just a few days ago they sold a new original XBox as it was the last one they had....

I have yet to check the prices on a new xbox, but figured I would throw that out there for anyone still wishing they had one of those.... I know they were worth a bit a few years back.

Can someone who scored a Sixaxis controller on clearance/sale at radio shack please post the item number from the receipt?

[quote name='BHitmanW20']Can someone who scored a Sixaxis controller on clearance/sale at radio shack please post the item number from the receipt?[/quote]

I never found one, but I have the catalog number using Google cache: 26-953.

[quote name='Snake2715']Ok so some weird news...

I checked a local radio shack and the guy claimed they dont have games, he said its funny they dont get the games at all... they get the systems though. He laughed and claimed that just a few days ago they sold a new original XBox as it was the last one they had....

I have yet to check the prices on a new xbox, but figured I would throw that out there for anyone still wishing they had one of those.... I know they were worth a bit a few years back.[/quote]

It is true that some Radio Shacks don't carry any games and some only carry 1 game (right now it is likely to be GTA4). In regards to Xbox, there was a customer in Radio Shack the other day who was asking if they carried Xbox (original) games; didn't make sense as to why he'd ask this until I read your post.

[quote name='option.iv']Thanks guys, just came from a Radio Shack that was "protected" by a hobo. Picked up the last copies of SC4 and MGS4. Coupon worked fine as well, just printed it double sided and with color. No sixaxis controllers across the my county though.[/QUOTE]

Lol. There's this drunk guy that hangs out in front of my local radio shack every afternoon. Sometimes he even walks in for no reason and then leaves again.

By the way, here is kind of a cool story, if it all works out ok...

I could not find MGS4 in any stores near me, which was kind of a bummer because it's a pretty sweet deal for a good game. So I decided to call a store in a state where I used to live (like 500+ miles away.) They had it in stock. So they say they can send it to the store that is by me.

You think it'll work out? I hope so. If not, no big deal. But if they end up sending it, then that's pretty cool, I think. Although I'm not sure how much they would add on for shipping. I assumed zero, but I guess if it was too much they add I just wouldn't get it. (I haven't paid anything yet.)

Basically, if you are willing to call around and find something you are looking for, they might be willing to do the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheepshead Bay, NY - RS

:360:
- Indian Jones LEGO (1)
- Sonic Tennis (1)
- Madden 08 (multiple)
- some baseball title 08 (multiple)
(not sure how accurate the names are)

...and that's pretty much all they have left in clearance stock.

Sadly they have more display boxes in stock than games.

Every Radioshack had GTA lV but not at the clearance price,but I was able to pick up Metal Gear Solid 4($20.00),Soul Calibur-ps3($20.00),and Madden 08 for $2.97,could'nt let go of it.Thanks for this Thread, would have never ever,ever,ever thought of Radioshack having games,let alone at these prices.Thanks again for this Thread.

[quote name='100xp']Sheepshead Bay, NY - RS

:360:
- Indian Jones LEGO (1)
- Sonic Tennis (1)
- Madden 08 (multiple)
- some baseball title 08 (multiple)
(not sure how accurate the names are)

...and that's pretty much all they have left in clearance stock.

Sadly they have more display boxes in stock than games.[/QUOTE]

How much was lego indiana jones?

Ugh, went to a Radio Shack that told me GT5:prologue wasn't out yet, and when I insisted it was, the guy told me definitively they didn't have it and refused to look for me, and pointed me to a pathetic little display of display boxes. I should've complained but the manager was too busy trying to convince a couple to buy an extended warranty on an Xbox 360 because "While it's a good piece of hardware that will work for years, you want to be sure he'll still be able to use it as he grows up and starts playing different games..." (!? there are plenty of good reasons to buy extended warranties but this guy was gooood/bad.)

I went to 2 MD. stores (White Marsh and Harford mall) both stores had display cases but no games WTF. If anyone has a extra Soul Caliber or Ratchet and Clank for trade or sale I will make it worth your wild

[quote name='crunchewy']Are you just printing out the side with the barcode, or somehow doing a double-sided print and getting things to line up? Do they care? Anyone have luck with grayscale printouts? I don't have a color printer.[/QUOTE]

Im just using the side with the barcode and details....

Scored a free Blu Ray remote for the ps3 when the clerk screwed up the transaction when I used the coupon today with a copy of R&C

Picked up a copy of MGS4 for 19.97

also 2 xbox 360 wireless headsets for 24.97 each

and used the $10 off a purchase over 40 dollars coupon

Thanks CAG!

Picked up Ratchet in Alameda, CA - the Oakland and Emeryville stores were out, but apparently there's one or two left in Berkeley.

Thanks, OP.

[quote name='manthing']Picked up a wireless :wii: sensor for $4.

These decent or not?[/quote]
they suck I bought it when it was on clearance for 10 bucks. That freaking thing is too big it keeps falling off my hdtv. It takes too much battery.

This thread got my hopes up, but I stopped in my local RS yesterday and was told they don't carry 360 games so I guess this is very much YMMV. Oh well, at least I got great deals at BBV today.

Anyone know if those Nyko Charge and play kits (The one with the 360 rechargable battery and cord) are any good because I believe I saw them at $9.97?

Thanks

[quote name='filanime03']they suck I bought it when it was on clearance for 10 bucks. That freaking thing is too big it keeps falling off my hdtv. It takes too much battery.[/quote]

if it's the nyko one, then it sucks. it works wonderful for a short time, then it starts behaving very erratically. either it uses WAY WAY WAY too much juice (like 2 hours of playtime or so), or it just isn't built for quality. either way, 4 AA's every 2 hours or so is too steep for my blood.

RS - Bayonne, NJ - has nothing of note. All games seemed to be at full retail price. Probably because it's between GS and BBV.

Picked up mgs4, at the Gardena,Cali store they had to ship it in from a different store. Didn't accept coupons that were printed out. Manager Said it didn't work on games and consoles

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']How much was lego indiana jones?[/quote]

I didn't ask, but those were the games they had left on clearance. Considering I got the holiday bundle that included fuck Panda, and LEGO indiana jones...I naturally was not interested.

Tomorrow, another trip to GS with GTA IV. :lol:

Went to my local RS to get some PS3 games. They only had some football games and R&C for $20. I picked up R&C and it turns out they didn't have any in the back left.:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Columbus Ohio

Score! :D
PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4
PS3 - Ratchet and Clank TOD

Found today at the West Highland Plaza location at the corner of West Broad and Georgesville Road.

Confirmed also the North High Street one has several Ratchet and Clank TOD in stock(per employee over the phone).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back