Radioshack Video Game clearance (YMMV?)

cyborg2040

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I asked the manager if these item were on cleanance at all Radioshacks, or just his store. He said that they receive there list of what to put on clearance from corperate, and that all the stores follow the same sales. this still may be YMMV though.

Monster brand Gamecube component cables - $3.99

Monster brand X-box component cables - $6.99

5 pk of D-Skins - $1.97

Nokia Airflow controler PC - $8.98

X-Box Airflow controler - $8.98

PS2 Codebreaker - $9.99

Psp screen protecters - $1.99

VG Pocket 75 - $29.99

How are the Monster brand Gamecube component cables?
Haven't heard of this clearance, but I think one of my local radioshacks is closing down so maybe I might find something useful, thanks cyborg!
I looked on the radioshack website and couldn't find any such cable for the cube, only for the xbox and the ps2.

I think he means GC composite cables, not component cables. Monster doesn't make component cables for GC; only composite and s-video.

I think he means GC composite cables, not component cables. Monster doesn't make component cables for GC; only composite and s-video.

Yeah, the only component cables for the GCN are the first party ones.

Still, an awesome deal if those happen to be S-Video. Composite, well, that's better than nothing I guess.

Good finds, OP!

Ya forgot to mention that if you go to one of the store that is closing, they'll give you coupons for $10 off any $20 purchase (no restrictions, clearance, etc is ok) in-store at any non-closing Radio Shacks - effectively making those GC cables as low as $1.99 and other stuff at half off if you buy an amount right around $20. I been to a few of the stores that were closing and I have a stack of like at least a dozen of the coupons.

If the GC cables are just S-Video, I already have that, but I'll check it out anyways. Thanks - guess I have something more to use my coupons on.

This is not YMMV in terms of the prices being effective everywhere.

However, your chances are slim at finding most of these as this clearance started over a motnh ago.

[quote name='brianmoy']Is this the Monster brand Gamecube cable you saw for $3.99?

Product link: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2123259

Added: According to website In Store Avail link, no stores have it in stock around me. :cry: Although maybe inventory isn't totally updated in their system. (?)[/quote]

Thanks for pointing out that you can check store stock on their website. Saved me a bunch of trips.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Explain to me what component/composite cables are, please?[/QUOTE]

Component are higher quality cables. Composite are the regular ones that come with the GameCube.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Component are higher quality cables. Composite are the regular ones that come with the GameCube.[/quote]
Component are Video Cables with Reb, Blue, and Green inputs. Any component video cable, electrically speaking, is just a set of three cables for the Y, Pb, and Pr components of the signal. Component video can be run at any resolution, unlike composite and s-video which are 480i formats, and, as a result of having the color signal split three ways (luminance and two color-difference signals), provides the best color rendition.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Component are higher quality cables. Composite are the regular ones that come with the GameCube.[/QUOTE]

You might confuse him by saying they're higher quality because that might indicate it has something to do with their construction.

What the component cables do is provide a hgiher quality picture in the form of 480p (progressive scan), however, your TV has to be able to support this in order for you to take advantage of it.

Is Radioshack going under? After seeing this and seeing that my local one is closing down, I was thinking maybe there days are numbered. I hope so...maybe they can put Chipotle in there instead.

I just grabbed 2 sets of Monster s-video Gamecube cables at my local store. They weren't marked with a yellow shelf tag like the other clearance items, but they rang up at $3.97. They're the cables with just the s-video and L/R audio. (no composite connector)

Also grabbed a carrying case for my full-size DS at $2.97.

Thanks OP.

Grabbed the last PS2 Codebreaker at the Stow/Kent Radioshack. Was on sale for 6.96. Their website has them off. It's model pl-683. Version 8.2 it seems. Time to soft mod my PS2 finally! Suikoden V will be so nice without all those load times.

bread's done
Back