Rage Against the Machine returns 8/24/07!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate RATM, but I'll let you in on secret: It's one concert in Wisconsin.

The stupid fucking flash program runs off your computer clock, so you can set it ahead and see the "secret"(you could a few days ago, anyway).

Reality's Fringe;3000022 said:
I hate RATM, but I'll let you in on secret: It's one concert in Wisconsin.

The stupid fucking flash program runs off your computer clock, so you can set it ahead and see the "secret"(you could a few days ago, anyway).

spoiler tags plz

C'mon, stop hatin' on Rage, will ya?

Anyway, I don't know if the OP knew already or not, but Rage has played Coachella so far this year and already had other dates set up. I'd love another CD, but I feel like it would be mediocre at best because I think Tom's run out of riffs and Zack is...well, Zack.

(I realize Tim and Brad are important, but the music revolves around Tom's riffs/effects and Zack's ridiculousness.)

I already saw them at Coachella this year so meh to another concert. The pit at that show....wow, let's just say I'm glad I made it out in one piece.

[quote name='kill3r7']RATM is touring with Wu-Tang this summer in NYC.[/QUOTE]

I saw that show the first time around at the Meadowlands. I had a lot of angst when I was 17, but at 28 I don't really give a damn about Mexican freedom fighters.

Hey, did anyone ever get around to freeing Mumia?

Name a single group which uses instruments in their music, that has come out since rage against the machine, who you feel is better.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Name a single group which uses instruments in their music, that has come out since rage against the machine, who you feel is better.[/quote]

I believe I can do that:

1. Every band that uses instruments in their music that has come out since RATM.

Win.

Umm, they are playing on Randalls Island in NYC and they played Coachella too I believe in the summer before that show... You're hyping something that isnt very spectacular when its not like they havnt "returned" already earlier this year.

Wow what's with all the RAGE against RATM? They're a pretty cool band; I don't love them like some do, but I don't understand how all of you could hate them so much, they have some cool songs

Yeah, I don't really understand the hate either, but it's all good. People like to hate, especially in packs, so I can understand why it's massing in this thread.

Back on topic: Yeah, I'd be psyched if I wasn't seeing them already in New York on July 28th and if I lived in Wisconsin.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Name a single group which uses instruments in their music, that has come out since rage against the machine, who you feel is better.[/QUOTE]
Have you listened to ANY music AT ALL since RapRock Against The Machine first showed up?

Thier version of "Renegades of Funk" puts Afrika Bambaataa's original to shame. Same goes for their "How I Could Just Kill a Man" to Cypress Hill's, but to a lesser extent.

Too bad I never saw them. If I didn't hate Cochella I'd would've seen them there. Too bad I can't take another trip to NYC this summer.

I don't get all the Rage hate in this thread, they're a very talented band who had one of the best debuts of all time and several great albums after that.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Have you listened to ANY music AT ALL since RapRock Against The Machine first showed up?[/QUOTE]
You listen to Hanson.

[quote name='Rozz']I don't get all the Rage hate in this thread, they're a very talented band who had one of the best debuts of all time and several great albums after that.[/QUOTE]

I like them musically, but I get annoyed at all the hype that surrounds everything they do.

Transmission
third world war
third round
A decade
of the weapon
of sound
above ground
Ain't no shelter
if you're looking for shade
I lick shots at the brutal charade
As tha polls
close like a casket
On truth
devoured
A silent play
on the shadow
of power
A spectacle
monopolized
The camera's eye
on choice disguised
Was it cast
for the mass
who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures
who thirst
for blood and oil?
A spectacle
monopolized
They hold the reins
and stole your eyes
The fistagons
bullets and bombs
Who stuff the banks
Who staff the party ranks
More for Gore
or the son of a drug lord
None of the above
fuck it
cut the cord
19991006-rage1.jpg

come on now

[quote name='MadChedar0']RATM is amazing, I hope they do something more than a concert in WI[/QUOTE]

Go to Rock the Bells in NY. It's going to be fuckin' great.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']Transmission
third world war
third round
A decade
of the weapon
of sound
above ground
Ain't no shelter
if you're looking for shade
I lick shots at the brutal charade
As tha polls
close like a casket
On truth
devoured
A silent play
on the shadow
of power
A spectacle
monopolized
The camera's eye
on choice disguised
Was it cast
for the mass
who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures
who thirst
for blood and oil?
A spectacle
monopolized
They hold the reins
and stole your eyes
The fistagons
bullets and bombs
Who stuff the banks
Who staff the party ranks
More for Gore
or the son of a drug lord
None of the above
fuck it
cut the cord
19991006-rage1.jpg

come on now[/quote]

Blah blah politically charged lyrics blah blah self-importance blah.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Go to Rock the Bells in NY. It's going to be fuckin' great.[/QUOTE]
I'm so there. Should be a great time.

[quote name='Greetard']Thier version of "Renegades of Funk" puts Afrika Bambaataa's original to shame.[/quote]

Dude, you are fucking retarded.

[quote name='prmononoke']Yeah, seriously, look at his Last.fm profile. Looking at some of his top artists, he can't say anything about music.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing was seeing Hanson amongst all those metal/punk artists. Other than that, I don't see where you are coming from with that comment.

Self importance? I've never heard that on any rage song. Maybe Self sacrifice is what your thinking of.

Aside from the odd blanket posting which is really meaningless, no one can answer my challenge to name a group after RATM who uses instuments, that is superior.

Politically charged lyrics correct. Socially responsible action against hypocracy, check.

It's a hell of a lot better than Manson or Type O negative thats for sure. They make me want to impregnate myself, perform an abortion onstage and eat the half formed fetus in the name of Evil. And take it all seriously, murdering anyone to laugh at the absurdity.

Not that I don't enjoy "metal", but I'd rather listen to music with a point, that I can hear what the lyrics are rather than have to read a lyrics sheet to interpret hoarse grunts and long screams.

my friend is going to the Rock The Bells in the bay I think, but alas I am not. and all these people hating on ratm are carrrrrrraaaaaaazy.

[quote name='NWgamer666']It's a hell of a lot better than Manson or Type O negative thats for sure. They make me want to impregnate myself, perform an abortion onstage and eat the half formed fetus in the name of Evil. And take it all seriously, murdering anyone to laugh at the absurdity.[/quote]

Don't be hatin' on Type O!;)

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new Rage album. Not sure if I'll go see them again live, though.

[quote name='Matt Young']The funny thing was seeing Hanson amongst all those metal/punk artists. Other than that, I don't see where you are coming from with that comment.[/quote]

Oh, that comment was pretty much based off the Hanson-factor. He actually has some of my favorite bands on there (Iron Maiden, Metallica), but Hanson almost negates all of that.

[quote name='shieryda']Don't be hatin' on Type O!;)

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new Rage album. Not sure if I'll go see them again live, though.[/QUOTE]lol yeah I was wondering where that random rip on Type O came from. Kind of odd to lump them in with overplayed mainstream radio material (which is what I assume he was getting at).

It was on Captain Hanson's last track thing. I don't have a problem with them Per Se, I would just consider them in a genre of metal that isn't my favorite. Not really something very enticing to listen to or accessible. I wasn't ripping on mainsteam stuff necessarily, just rather valueless and unrewarding music which some people aim to be seen listening to rather than actually enjoying it.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Aside from the odd blanket posting which is really meaningless, no one can answer my challenge to name a group after RATM who uses instuments, that is superior. [/QUOTE]

Let me explain something: sometimes a claim is so outragously absurd that it requires no response.

Are you seriously suggesting that there has not been a better band since Ratm? If that is indeed the case, are you also suggesting that they are the best band, period?

I understand that different people have different tastes and will disagree on who is "the best," but come on. I would be happy to rattle off a list of bands I think are better than Ratm, but then you would disagree with me because you really like Ratm.

So....I think it is your "challenge" that is "really meaningless."

Not best band ever, that would be a tough claim to make. However, I have not heard of a single group to come out after they faded from the musical scene that would be "better." I haven't really quantified better, but I would imagine it would have something to do with Rocking, i.e. sounds good, has a message of some kind. What rocks harder than RATM currently? I guess it's all subjective, but they pretty much ruled hard rock n roll while they were out. Their was a lot of good stuff in the 90's ala tool, alice in chains, but most of them faded out about the same time. I'd be happy to hear your bands better than Rage.

I never liked Tool but at least their older stuff was tolerable, anything 2001 and after put me to sleep though.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Not best band ever, that would be a tough claim to make. However, I have not heard of a single group to come out after they faded from the musical scene that would be "better." I haven't really quantified better, but I would imagine it would have something to do with Rocking, i.e. sounds good, has a message of some kind. What rocks harder than RATM currently? I guess it's all subjective, but they pretty much ruled hard rock n roll while they were out. Their was a lot of good stuff in the 90's ala tool, alice in chains, but most of them faded out about the same time. I'd be happy to hear your bands better than Rage.[/quote]

Yeah, becouse nothing rocks harder than "fuck THE EVIL CORPORATIONS!!!! DOWN WITH CONSUMERISM.....................but please buy our fine albums on Sony Records"

bread's done
Back