Rage Against the Machine returns 8/24/07!!!!!!!!!!!

Fart bubble- A capitalist will sell you the rope to hang himself with.
They came out prior to digital distribution, and w/o being on a major label they had no way within the record store. Obviously, this seems hypocritical, but I'd like to think their music can have a more positive impact against certain forces than the money sony makes from one group out of hundreds of groups. Shit, I buy MS stuff, they employ chineese workers under horrible conditions. Using your logic I wouldn't be able to buy any mass produced item.

I also support self distributed stuff like Immortal technique on his own record label.

Not to mention the philanthropy the individual members of Rage participate in.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Fart bubble- A capitalist will sell you the rope to hang himself with.
They came out prior to digital distribution, and w/o being on a major label they had no way within the record store. Obviously, this seems hypocritical, but I'd like to think their music can have a more positive impact against certain forces than the money sony makes from one group out of hundreds of groups. Shit, I buy MS stuff, they employ chineese workers under horrible conditions. Using your logic I wouldn't be able to buy any mass produced item.

I also support self distributed stuff like Immortal technique on his own record label.[/quote]

Two diffrent things as MS doesn't have a "message" that goes against everything they supposedly stand for

I think it's obvious that any artist who preaches what RATM does is being hypocritical because of the label, but c'mon, the band members do a lot of good, especially Tom.

[quote name='NWgamer666'] Their was a lot of good stuff in the 90's ala tool, alice in chains, but most of them faded out about the same time. I'd be happy to hear your bands better than Rage.[/quote]

No way in hell has Tool faded out. They are one of the only bands still in existence who gets better with age.

AIC only "faded out" because the lead singer died from an overdose. The remaining members are still very much alive, and Jerry Cantrell actually had a decent solo album. You do know that he wrote the majority of the music for AIC, correct?

not to get in between all of this, but I'd like to see a new album by these guys, I always liked them, I was never hardcore into them, but I have most of their older cds. I thought their guitarist was awesome

bread's done
Back