CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
xbox360.gif
Raiden IV Limited Edition $19.99

via the CAG Price Tracker

I got it from newegg when it was on sale. I believe it was the same price. If you don't have it you really should buy it. Its worth 20 easy, and also that Raiden Fighters Aces is worth it as well.

[quote name='chrisnsally']only 4 sites have reviewed it according to gamerankings...grand total of 66% - is it REALLY all that great???

IGN article:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1024759p1.html[/QUOTE]

Its good if you are into shooters/shmups. For most shmuppers its another game to add to the list. I wrestled at $40 .. But $20 is a definitely go. This game has gone Game on demand in Japan for about $40 . I believe this is about a 200-400Meg Download. Now if you were reviewing RPGs on a shmup site it won't get high marks... thats my opinion

Thank you for posting this deal :)

I'm in NYC, picked one up at 86th and Lex. As of 3:30pm, they have about 8 copies in stock.

Definitely getting this!

EDIT: Disappointing that I had to have this shipped (and pay for shipping). Plus, I had a $20 Reward Zone GC, but I had to add a $0.99 filler item to put the total over $20 (because it wouldn't apply being under $20).

Still, $5.XX out of pocket for this is lovely!

[quote name='ncc1701p']Its good if you are into shooters/shmups. For most shmuppers its another game to add to the list. I wrestled at $40 .. But $20 is a definitely go. This game has gone Game on demand in Japan for about $40 . I believe this is about a 200-400Meg Download. Now if you were reviewing RPGs on a shmup site it won't get high marks... thats my opinion[/QUOTE]Well said. Shmups generally don't review well, commonly for the "This game is too short" complaint, to which I can not possibly roll my eyes enough at. This isn't the be-all-end-all of shmups, but if you're a shmup fan you'll def get your money's worth out of it. Just don't expect to get all 1000 achievement points, some are just short of impossible.

Thanks very much, found a stack of them at the local BB (Dedham, MA)-the price card was wrong, but it rang up at 19.99.

This has an insane score on TrueAchievements, unfortunately the achievements are all in Japanese. They do have a good translation/guide at x360a here. There are 4 achievements for clearing the game with one credit on all the difficulties?!?! If you are a score whore or completionist, good luck 1k'ing this one. That said, I might still pick one up at this price even though I suck at these games. Guess I am a glutton for punishment.

Grabbed 1 at my BBuy, along with 2x Metroid Prime Trilogies, discounted with the 10% and -$15 reward certificates. Thanks OP!

Don't forget that this game rips you off. You have to pay money to use all the ships since there is only one by default and the rest are on-disk DLC. I'm glad they're having trouble selling this POS.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Don't forget that this game rips you off. You have to pay money to use all the ships since there is only one by default and the rest are on-disk DLC. I'm glad they're having trouble selling this POS.[/QUOTE]

Huh? You mean you only get to use the same one ship in the game? No choice at all? Does the LE come with DLC as well or just the soundtrack?

The built-in ship is the best over-all ship. The 2 DLC ships (which are only $1 each if I recall) add variety, but you could skip them and never miss out on much.

[quote name='rgon86']Grabbed 1 at my BBuy, along with 2x Metroid Prime Trilogies, discounted with the 10% and -$15 reward certificates. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
Just out of curosity, was Metroid still 20.00 or full price? Also, is there a scan of the 10% off?

was waiting on this to drop, sweet. i'm such a sucker for SHMUPs! is this a sale or official price drop? As I wont have cash to buy this till later this week probably.

It's a price drop, not a sale. And don't bother rushing out (unless you really want to save that $2 from the 10% coupon). Stores seem to have about 20 copies on average.

[quote name='Fount']It's a price drop, not a sale. And don't bother rushing out (unless you really want to save that $2 from the 10% coupon). Stores seem to have about 20 copies on average.[/QUOTE]

In St Louis, only two two stores have it and the store I went to (SoCo) only had two copies (I got one)

It seems more YMMV.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Oh, nice. This is about to drop at Gamestop too.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75342

Says 29.99 but if you run a search on it it shows as 19.99. I think this has happened before-- by tomorrow it should be 19.99.[/QUOTE]

Damn, nice find.

So now i have to either drive 25 min to BB and attempt to get this on the B2G1F sale (yeah i know, but doesnt hurt to try), or drive 5 mintues to GS and listen to them say, "Raiden IV?? pfft, whats that, a shmup?? Huh??? You wanna preorder FFXIII, you get a downloadable thingy if you do!!?"

Scored one with the 10% off coupon, today's the last day to use it! Also 2x copies of Raiden IV left in Roseville, MN BB if anyone is looking for it still.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Could someone please tell me where this 10% off coupon is...[/QUOTE]

Google best buy 10% off Its the 2nd link in the search results, but now it wont let me bring it up for some reason.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Could someone please tell me where this 10% off coupon is...[/QUOTE]

I found mine on the Slickdeals.net forums. Just go there and do a search for Best Buy 10% coupon. Its on like the 5th page.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Just out of curosity, was Metroid still 20.00 or full price? Also, is there a scan of the 10% off?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, no more $19.99 Metroids, but I was still surprised to still see a couple in a BBuy with such heavy traffic.

Sweet, just got this on BB.com with In-store pick up. Printing my in-store pick up email and gonna go get it. Great price for the LE.

[quote name='limelight022']Also is this game 2p online?[/QUOTE]Online is limited to just leaderboards, no online play.

[quote name='ddp72984']If I can ask, what is the difference between what is included in the gamestop and best buy sets? thanks[/QUOTE]

gamestop disc has a website address printed on it. It's a download to a "artbook"

Might have to tell my friends to pick it up.
I purchased mines when it first came out, I support SHMUPS in the US.
Too bad Imports cost too much for my Cheap Assness.
Just to let the ones that don't know, there is no online co-op for this game.

Also, Raystorm should be coming to XBL, and Deathsmiles is coming to the US as well.

bread's done
Back