Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
xbox360.gif
Raiden IV Limited Edition $19.99

via the CAG Price Tracker

[quote name='lolwut?']So wait, there's only one ship in Raiden IV?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but there are 2 additional ships available for 160 points each. Raiden mkII and the Fairy.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Yes, but there are 2 additional ships available for 160 points each. Raiden mkII and the Fairy.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well fuck that.

[quote name='eastx']You don't have to buy them. The game's perfectly great without them and Raiden 1-3 don't have multiple ships.[/QUOTE]

i know, but I just wish that they were just naturally available in the game. most shooters only have one ship anyway... so there's nothing lost. but just knowing that the extra ships are there, I just wished that they were free... or at least one could be free. I've been wanting this game for a long time, and I'm going to buy it right now! the fact that I'm buying this on the 360 is also proof of how badly I want the game.. I'd rather have it on the ps3, but hey, i'll take it.

[quote name='Thomas96']i know, but I just wish that they were just naturally available in the game. most shooters only have one ship anyway... so there's nothing lost. but just knowing that the extra ships are there, I just wished that they were free... or at least one could be free. [/QUOTE]

It was worse when the game was $40! For that price there shouldn't have been any DLC.

Of course going back in this thread I was yelled at for even complaining about that fact....

Odd. I swear I made a post earlier this morning, but I don't see it now?

My game is on backorder. That sucks. I ordered yesterday around 3:10 PM CST.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Of course going back in this thread I was yelled at for even complaining about that fact....[/QUOTE]I tried to find where people yelled at you, but didn't see any other posts you had made in this thread. Regardless, it shouldn't come as a surprise when one voices a particular opinion, someone, somewhere on the internet will think otherwise.

I too am pretty irritated by the fact that the ship info is already in the game (you can see the ships, but they are greyed out) for the DLC cash in. However, I could not resist at this price point seeing as how it inculded the music CD, which I am listening to now. Yes, it's tinny, cheesy music - some of us love it thank you very much.

My wife and I played it on "very easy" and we still got our asses kicked. So badly in fact, the game was all "Hey, I see you suck at this game. I'm going to go ahead and double your credits after your first try. Let's see if you can get past stage 2 this time..."

By the way, we had a blast playing it. If you've already got a huge library of shmups on your 360 there's probably not a whole lot new or interesting here. But for us, we make such purchases sparingly and feel pretty good about this one.

Also for those of you that haven't played one of these on the console - it only uses 1/3 of the screen. That 1/3 looks pretty, but it sort of looks small amongst your whole TV real estate. I suppose this might be rectified if we play the game at 90 degrees. Haven't tried, but I saw it was an option.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']It was worse when the game was $40! For that price there shouldn't have been any DLC.

Of course going back in this thread I was yelled at for even complaining about that fact....[/QUOTE]

damn... I'm sure the two ships only amount to about a couple of KBs.. its a 2d ship... I can maybe understand if it was a 3d transforming model that has hundreds of animations... but its just 2 ships.... 2 dollars... lol

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Also, Raystorm should be coming to XBL, and Deathsmiles is coming to the US as well.[/QUOTE]

Where you did you get this info from?! .. I LOVED ME SOME RAYSTORM!!

Yeah, they announced RayStorm a while back. Taito shooters are tops - I hope they release the Darius games on XBLA eventually.

[quote name='Thomas96']damn... I'm sure the two ships only amount to about a couple of KBs.. its a 2d ship... I can maybe understand if it was a 3d transforming model that has hundreds of animations... but its just 2 ships.... 2 dollars... lol[/QUOTE]

DLC shouldnt be based on cost by the number of kb/mb/gb/whatever. Yeah its a rip they just didnt include it on the game, but im almost positive the company did that just so they could have "LIVE" printed on the box since it doesnt offer online play anyways. When we start to precieve things being worth more money because they use more data thats the same mindset all these fucking cell-phone companies do to people that dont have data plans, which is a completely different topic for another day.

Im a longtime fan of shmups and would like to see more than one or two per year on consoles. However I wont be buying the extra ships, because im the type of person that just uses whatever they gave me in the first place, (because if that wasnt good enough to start with, then the game is a POS anyway and I wouldnt buy it in the first place).

[quote name='limelight022']DLC shouldnt be based on cost by the number of kb/mb/gb/whatever. Yeah its a rip they just didnt include it on the game, but im almost positive the company did that just so they could have "LIVE" printed on the box since it doesnt offer online play anyways. When we start to precieve things being worth more money because they use more data thats the same mindset all these fucking cell-phone companies do to people that dont have data plans, which is a completely different topic for another day.

I wont be buying the extra ships, because im the type of person that just uses whatever they gave me in the first place, (because if that wasnt good enough to start with, then the game is a POS anyway).[/QUOTE]

you only need online leaderbords to be able to have the live stamp. Game also has downloadable player videos

[quote name='limelight022']DLC shouldnt be based on cost by the number of kb/mb/gb/whatever. Yeah its a rip they just didnt include it on the game, but im almost positive the company did that just so they could have "LIVE" printed on the box since it doesnt offer online play anyways. When we start to precieve things being worth more money because they use more data thats the same mindset all these fucking cell-phone companies do to people that dont have data plans, which is a completely different topic for another day.

Im a longtime fan of shmups and would like to see more than one or two per year on consoles. However I wont be buying the extra ships, because im the type of person that just uses whatever they gave me in the first place, (because if that wasnt good enough to start with, then the game is a POS anyway and I wouldnt buy it in the first place).[/QUOTE]

Instead of extra ships DLC they could have had extra levels, or extra enemy packs.

I just wish Amazon would match already. They are usually pretty fast on matching Wal-Mart, Newegg, Best Buy etc. Given the response rate from a lot of people I'll have to bite at $20 because I don't think there will be enough copies to go around to grab it new at $15 or less.

[quote name='Diatribal Deity']Remember to use SAVE15 code online at GS to save 15% on 2 new in-stock titles 19.99 or higher.[/QUOTE]
I was about to thank you, but the code says its for 29.99 or higher.

I like the fairy ship for the variety it adds (unique weapons). The Raiden I ship is so slow that you really have to be an expert to play with it, and its bomb sucks too. But like you said, $2 is no big deal.

[quote name='KingDox']is the DLC worth it? Since the game is down to 20 bucks I'm more willing to pay for the DLC if its only 2 bucks.[/QUOTE]

If you watch the top replay on the leaderboard it looks like the top scorer uses the MKII DLC ship. I'm not sure if it's stronger or anything though.

Just a heads up, even though this game has a "platinum hits" price it will not work with Best Buy's B2G1F sale this week. I already tried. :(

Also the gamestop code still works for $19.99 games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Diatribal Deity']Yup. Looks like it was adjusted. Site actually still says 19.99 in main type, but 29.99 in fine print. Sorry. I was able to use it couple days ago on 2 titles at 19.99.

http://www.gamestop.com/?affID=77777&sourceID=OOTtr9mlaCk-87CR0_R.UI6rc52OZwF16g

click on save 15% window under main ad[/QUOTE]
My bad... I'm sorry if I offended you. That sucks they switched the terms of the coupon, but Gamestop does as Gamestop does.

EDIT: Now it's working! Taking 6.00 off my order of two games. Now I can thank you, and apologize at the same time. ;)

[quote name='limelight022']Just a heads up, even though this game has a "platinum hits" price it will not work with Best Buy's B2G1F sale this week. I already tried. :([/QUOTE]

leave it up for a CAG to try something solely based on peer pricing!! :lol:

[quote name='yamayama']If you watch the top replay on the leaderboard it looks like the top scorer uses the MKII DLC ship. I'm not sure if it's stronger or anything though.[/QUOTE]

it's the ship I use as it's faster

Just bit on this for 19.99 at local Best Buy using a $10 reward certificate. Never played any of the Raiden games at arcades or at home. Hopefully I'll get into it!

[quote name='fart_bubble']it's the ship I use as it's faster[/QUOTE]

No, the Mark 2 is slower than the other ships.

Props to the Op , Picked it up and have been playing since lunch , I love me some shoot'em ups , Also bit on the DLC fun as heck ! Bring us some Cave or Psikyo Shooters Please !!!

Picked up a copy at the Best Buy I work at today. We had two pretty full stacks of them and they aren't exactly flying off the shelves.

[quote name='Tazzer88']Picked up a copy at the Best Buy I work at today. We had two pretty full stacks of them and they aren't exactly flying off the shelves.[/QUOTE]

yeah I noticed that too, going to wait to the weekend. Some stores are out, but the two that had it had 20+ copies..

Does GS online ship factory sealed new games or pass off opened games as new? If I'm ordering a new game, I like to get it in new condition (not GS's definition of "new"). Thanks.

[quote name='estofan']Does GS online ship factory sealed new games or pass off opened games as new? If I'm ordering a new game, I like to get it in new condition (not GS's definition of "new"). Thanks.[/QUOTE]Having ordered from EB/GS for about ten years, I've only once gotten a resealed game that they had advertised as new. I contacted customer service about it and they offered me a full refund to ship the game back.

Thank you cheapy for posting this! I had noticed the game before, never played it, but the price point was too high to jump in. Grabbed me a copy last week, finally played it yesterday and I love the game! I'm off to tell all my friends to pick up a copy at BB (especially so we can play some co-op, which I think the game has). Thanks again!

[quote name='cancermatt']I'm off to tell all my friends to pick up a copy at BB (especially so we can play some co-op, which I think the game has).[/QUOTE]Just to reiterate, this game's co-op is offline only.

bread's done
Back