CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
xbox360.gif
Raiden IV Limited Edition $19.99

via the CAG Price Tracker

Wow...this may sound crazy but this makes me want to get a 360 JUST for this. Yes it looks that fun. Does anyone know if this would be fine playing on an arcade model? Does it require a hard drive? I'm getting another PS3 & Wii soon (previously had to sell the systems I had) but have been reluctant to get a 360 due to there not being that many games on it that I'm interested in.

You probably wouldn't need a HD. In game saving was a really low amount of memory and arcades have built in 256 MB of memory, but if you wanted to install the game to your HD, you would.

edit: ''If your XBox 360 Arcade console was purchased prior to fall 2008, you will have a 256 MB memory card to save your games. Consoles purchased before summer 2009 will have 256 MB internal memory, and those purchased after summer 2009 will have 512 MB internal memory. ''

You can install it as well then.

[quote name='GUNNM']You probably wouldn't need a HD. In game saving was a really low amount of memory and arcades have built in 256 MB of memory, but if you wanted to install the game to your HD, you would.

edit: ''If your XBox 360 Arcade console was purchased prior to fall 2008, you will have a 256 MB memory card to save your games. Consoles purchased before summer 2009 will have 256 MB internal memory, and those purchased after summer 2009 will have 512 MB internal memory. ''

You can install it as well then.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully I can snag an awesome deal on an arcade model. For obvious reasons, I'm reluctant to purchase one off of craigslist, unless I knew for sure I was getting a Jasper model.

Indeed surprised that Amazon hasn't price matched.

So people are finding it for $19.99 at Gamestop B&M, right? I don't want to walk in and deal with a teen saying its ringing up at $29.99 in store....

I don't know if there's a direct email to ask amazon to match this. The sales rank is real low on amazon so I figured they would drop it. Maybe amazon is waiting on price protection for dropping it $20. I was going to grab a copy at Gamestop but I'm not spending $20 on a gutted copy.

i found two copies at my local gamestop. it was definitely stickered $39.99 and i was glad to go to the front and check to see if it was indeed $20 and it was.

funny thing is, i was so proud of the having the game and felt lucky but totally found out gamestop was selling it for $20 also :(

but i'm still proud i got the game though. i can't wait to play it. i was never into these shooters but this thread has got me hyped to try it out at least :)

that's one thing to be happy and proud about :p

[quote name='genfuyung']So i guess its better to get this at gamestop due to the exclusive content?[/QUOTE]

it doesn't really matter. If you want the pdf, go to

http://www.ufointeractivegames.com/raideniv

click on the secret file tab and input 11VR3ZM5

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']As far as I know, the only thing exclusive is a URL which takes you to an artbook. To view online.[/QUOTE]

you can download the zip file

[quote name='genfuyung']I see. Japan got a separate disk while we didnt. Oh well, beggars cant be choosers.[/QUOTE]

We got a 2nd disc for the soundtrack. Are you saying Japan got 3 discs?

[quote name='genfuyung']I see. Japan got a separate disk while we didnt. Oh well, beggars cant be choosers.[/QUOTE]

not necessarily the "separate disc" was a soundtrack. unless the japanese got another extra content but here is a pic of raiden IV i picked up last night at best buy and it even said on the box art that it was a limited edition version. but all raiden IV purchases come with the "soundtrack disc".

IMG00159-20100203-1128_opt.jpg

@fart_bubble

thanks for the link to that extra exclusive content. i appreciate that. i quickly downloaded it.

[quote name='Josef']We got a 2nd disc for the soundtrack. Are you saying Japan got 3 discs?[/QUOTE]
No, Japan just got all the images and such on the same disc as the soundtrack. Apologies for the confusion I caused.

[quote name='Josef']We got a 2nd disc for the soundtrack. Are you saying Japan got 3 discs?[/QUOTE]I believe the 3rd disc just has the PDF file which can be downloaded from the U.S.'s official website with the code listed above.

I finally gave up on Amazon and picked this up at Gamestop on the way home. It's pretty terrific. Nice difficulty options - I enjoy playing shmups casually. Also, I love that about half the stages are in space - very old school.

I grabbed it for 20 at BB last week with the sound track. What a fun hard as nails shooter. Sometimes I forget how simple games used to be and how much mindless fun they really can be.

This is worth more than 20 bucks for sure.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Looking @ video of this game reminds of days of yore playing Gradius & Life Force on the NES.[/QUOTE]

Ah Life Force. I must've beaten that game like 40 times. Of course, that was back when it was harder to find good games. In the days before Funcoland/Gamestop when you were forced to play the same game again and again if you didn't have $50 to drop on a new one.

bread's done
Back