Random Xbox accessory results!

namepl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Found another one-day-a-deal site offering a gaming-related item.

ThingFling's got an Xbox mystery deal going on. One mystery Xbox accessory for free, plus $6 shipping. I've ordered from them before, things seem legit. Got my item, ironically another mystery box, with no problems.

www.thingfling.com

22+ hrs left at time of posting.

Hoping for a memory unit, or at least not a face plate.

Edit: Deal is dead, just sharing the results now!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='help1']Can someone send me $6 paypal? I will send you a mystery PM in return. Hell, I'll send you two.[/QUOTE]

Should have posted this earlier, before I wasted my $6 on this. :applause:

ThingFling.com has mystery boxes often. They once had a "30 mystery cords for $30" mystery box that I ordered.
For a total of $30 (free shipping), this is what I got:
Six 50 Foot Phone Line
Two 50 Foot Ethernet Cables (flat)
Four 14 Foot Ethernet Cables (flat)
Six 12 Foot Ethernet Cables
Four 25 Foot Coaxial Cables
Six 6 Foot Composite Cables (red, white, yellow)
Six 6 Foot S-Video Cables
Five “Y” Adapter Cables
10 Foot Printer Cable
50 Foot Speaker wire
12 Foot Gold-Plated Component Cable
6 Foot Firewire Cable
3 Foot Retractable USB Wire
6 Foot Digital Audio Cable
3 Foot Optical Digital Cable (best possible sound wiring)

They sent me 46 wires because I guess they just sort of throw stuff in. Now I have a surplus of whatever the hell I'd need at any point in time. Honestly, the two 50 Foot Ethernet Cables (flat), four 14 Foot Ethernet Cables (flat), six 12 Foot Ethernet Cables, four 25 Foot Coaxial Cables, Six 6 Foot Composite Cables (red, white, yellow), 50 Foot Speaker wire, 12 Foot Gold-Plated Component Cable, 6 Foot Firewire Cable, and 3 Foot Retractable USB Wire alone (which are the ones I know I will continually use) are worth way more than $30, no matter where the hell you're getting them.
All the naysayers to this mystery stuff on Thing Fling - keep saying nay, brothers. Without risk, there are no rewards.

Cool, thanks for the info, chuckstaton.

I agree that the naysayers should stop insulting what other people choose to do with their money. It's only $6 and we can do what we want, and if this is what we want to do, than it isn't throwing it away. For all we know, the thing we get will be worth the $6, and if not, it's likely that we belive that the mystery and fun involved in opening a mystery box is worth it. And if we think it is worth it, who are you to say we're wasting our money?

I was convinced by the cable story. It also made me lol at how much crap he got.

I know I won't get that much but if it's something I already have I'll give to one of my dozen xbox owning friends.

Wow, that's cool they're doing this promotion again. I ordered a mystery box last week. I'll post what I find.

[quote name='Drkirby']I think I'll be happy as long as I don't end up with a silicone controller cover thing.[/QUOTE]
I swear I better not get one of those. Now you made me worry...

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I foresee faceplates, old style headsets and decals.[/QUOTE]

I'd pay a lot more than $6 for an old style headset still sealed in box.

My 360 is lonely. Only accessory I have is 1 controller. I'll take anything - I'm in for 1. Please be a headset!

[quote name='pbnate88']I had my order shipped yesterday

Weight
0.6 lbs/0.3 kg[/QUOTE]

I ordered two, and both of mine weigh that same amount. Don't play it off as awful yet.. .6 lbs is the weight of a 360 controller. :)

[quote name='xilly']I ordered two, and both of mine weigh that same amount. Don't play it off as awful yet.. .6 lbs is the weight of a 360 controller. :)[/QUOTE]

The shipping weight of a controller is .85lbs according to walmart.com

i did something like this once w/ one of these sights i got a svideo cable that had been partially cut in half and returned to best buy at one point and time it is almost always complete crap.

[quote name='vdex34']The shipping weight of a controller is .85lbs according to walmart.com[/QUOTE]

Shipping weight. That includes shipping packaging~

.6 lbs for me, shows arrival on the 18th (i will be away on a trip however, but have a surprise to look forward to when I get back...)

Screw Thingfling, they are a crappy imitation of Woot. Burned by them once, forever more they get THE FINGER.

[quote name='WhiskyBR']Screw Thingfling, they are a crappy imitation of Woot. Burned by them once, forever more they get THE FINGER.[/QUOTE]

So what kind of faceplate was it? :D

bread's done
Back