(Randomly OOS @ EB.com) Paper Mario (GC) $20 at EB B&M & EB.com - Back at $30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='schultzed']I've done this . . . use a voucher on a cheap game and get another . . . payment type doesn't matter.

I got Super Monkey Ball Xbox and used a $20 voucher then mailed in to get another $10 one which I plan on using today to get PM and when the $20 one arrives I will use it on . . .

Cool.

For the instore rebates, they don't usually require the UPC to be sent in, just a receipt.[/QUOTE]

The voucher is just payment, nothing more. Doesn't matter to them, it's like a gift card.

When I sent in the rebate for Hot Shots Golf Fore at the B&M store, I just sent in the receipt and the rebate form, no UPC needed. For the one I did for Syphon Filter:TOS via the website, they asked for the UPC (used the one from the outer cardboard sleeve), the packing list (used a copy of it) and the rebate form.

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I couldn't find the information:

1) Where is this rebate?
2) I just bought this game for $30 at B&M last week. Is there anyway I can get the $10 difference back from EB?

Son of a gun. I just picked this up Saturday for $29.99. Guess I'll swing by and grab the rebate form and get it the v$20.00 mail in oucher at least. Glad I saved the reciept.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I couldn't find the information:

1) Where is this rebate?[/QUOTE]

Your local EB should have a new flyer with the rebate.

Damnit. Damnit damnit damnit.

On Wed/Thurs I might go to Austin, where there ARE EBgames, but this might sell out by then and there's no gaurantee it will be at those stores...

Does ANYONE know if you can buy it online and use it to get the voucher? Need an answer fast :(

Just bought a Paper Mario from my local EBGames and just found out that there are no wrapping. So called the cashier up and he said it's a new. He also mentioned they always unwrap and take out the disc before putting the empty case on the displays/shelves. Well, there is nothing wrong with the paper mario I got, it's perfectly fine but only without the wrapping.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I couldn't find the information:

1) Where is this rebate?
2) I just bought this game for $30 at B&M last week. Is there anyway I can get the $10 difference back from EB?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. I bought it for $30 last week too. I'm gonna head down to EB later today and ask them and I'll report back. I guess it couldn't hurt to ask them about the rebate too while I'm there.

[quote name='shrike4242']The voucher is just payment, nothing more. Doesn't matter to them, it's like a gift card.

When I sent in the rebate for Hot Shots Golf Fore at the B&M store, I just sent in the receipt and the rebate form, no UPC needed. For the one I did for Syphon Filter:TOS via the website, they asked for the UPC (used the one from the outer cardboard sleeve), the packing list (used a copy of it) and the rebate form.[/QUOTE]

I also took advantage of the recent vouchers. I purchased everything online, but I used the coupon forms from B&M. I didn't send in any upc's, and I got a $20 voucher each for Hot Shots $20 and Syphon Filter $10 (got this online before they changed the price). I also sent in the form for the buy over $100 pre-played get $25 voucher as well. I used invoices from my online purchases and the B&M forms. They sent me a $20 voucher instead. I could complain, but it's just $5 and I am happy I got the $20.

I plan to use the B&M form for the Paper Mario I ordered online today. I love their voucher program, it's like getting free money.

What does this mythic catalog at EB with the Paper Mario rebate look like? I looked all over my local EB and all I could see were single sheet handouts for Geist. Or maybe someone would be willing to mail the coupon to me? (well, I could send you a stamped, self-addressed envelope that you could send me one in).

Oh -- and of course -- even though they've got 4 copies of the game, they're _ALL_ opened. =( Bah.

Looks kinda like a thin magazine. It has Star Wars something on the front. It actually has a lot of coupons in it. I only have one and I don't know when I will be able to make it back to EB. Probably not til this weekend. If there are still some left, I will grab grip of them and let you guys know.

Hopefully someone else can hook you guys up sooner. I just don't know if they will have anymore this weekend.

[quote name='CaptPete']What does this mythic catalog at EB with the Paper Mario rebate look like? I looked all over my local EB and all I could see were single sheet handouts for Geist. Or maybe someone would be willing to mail the coupon to me? (well, I could send you a stamped, self-addressed envelope that you could send me one in).

Oh -- and of course -- even though they've got 4 copies of the game, they're _ALL_ opened. =( Bah.[/QUOTE]

i picked it up at my eb and got the catalog, the eb sales dude was mad surprised when i showed him the 20 off voucher....

my copy has a sticker on the outside of the wrapping saying to trade in old games or something but i dont think its been opened

The GV form is on page 40 if you want to save time flipping through the flyer. The employee at the store I went to said the GV would work for B&M only, but I don't put much stock in what he said. Also, for those of you who bought the game last week, the GV form says the purchase must be made between 5/23 and 6/30.

Does anybody know how long it takes to receive the vouchers in the mail?

[quote name='darkjediknight77']I used my Syphon Filter $20 gift code that I got this morning in my email to buy Paper Mario. Thanks OP. -Mike[/QUOTE]

Hey, after I read this I went to check my email, and I got my gift code! :D

Thinking about picking Paper Mario up online, browsing around first to see what else there is.

Thanks OP! This price, plus the EB Games gift voucher plus the $5 PriceGrabber rebate made me obligated to get this game.

Can gift voucher credit be combined with CAG 15, saver, and edge card discounts?

And has anyone had trouble with these rebates? I'm always afraid to mail them in, fearing they'll get lost or something, and I'll never get my money back.

Yes, because it worked for me when I bought Syphon Filter and a used game to cover shipping. The cag15 and edge affects the used game.

Just called EBGames.com customer support and they told me that it wouldn't work. :(

shit, my store is sold out, and I hope they don't jack the price up tommorow.

[quote name='boblentil']

Does anybody know how long it takes to receive the vouchers in the mail?[/QUOTE]

It took less than 2 weeks for my voucher to come in.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Just called EBGames.com customer support and they told me that it wouldn't work. :(

shit, my store is sold out, and I hope they don't jack the price up tommorow.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean it wouldn't work?!

It's stated CLEARLY.... purchase between 5/23/05 - 6/30/05.... hell, the voucher JUST started to take effect YESTERDAY.... It's not our fault that they lowered the price. They have no right to refuse honoring this mailin voucher.:bomb:

[quote name='onikage']Has anyone ever bought online and successfully used an in-store rebate form for the online item?[/QUOTE]

If you have a gift voucher mailed to you, it's only usable in-store.

Emailed gift vouchers are only usable online.

[quote name='XClaude']What do you mean it wouldn't work?!

It's stated CLEARLY.... purchase between 5/23/05 - 6/30/05.... hell, the voucher JUST started to take effect YESTERDAY.... It's not our fault that they lowered the price. They have no right to refuse honoring this mailin voucher.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I think he means it won't work for online purchases.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I think he means it won't work for online purchases.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry about that. Won't work for online purchases. I've been wanting this game for a long time, let's hope they don't pull a MGS3 on us. :(

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I think he means it won't work for online purchases.[/QUOTE]

Oh whew... sorry for that rant lol

[quote name='Cmosfm']Yeah, sorry about that. Won't work for online purchases. I've been wanting this game for a long time, let's hope they don't pull a MGS3 on us. :([/QUOTE]

what happened to MGS3? >_

If anyone can get multiple coupons and mail one to me, I'd be very appreciative!!! My EB had NO mags...I think they were smart and threw them all out or something before today...

[quote name='Cmosfm']Marked down to 12.99 for a used copy, only lasted one day though before they upped it to 24.99.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah. That was actually a big pricing error.

I didn't open my copy yet - still have a backlog of 'cheapass' games to get through - and did a return repurchase without a problem. I also picked up a mag with the voucher.

[quote name='Lister']If anyone can get multiple coupons and mail one to me, I'd be very appreciative!!! My EB had NO mags...I think they were smart and threw them all out or something before today...[/QUOTE]

1st thanks op for this deal. Been waiting on the game for awhile now and how can you pass Free up.

In regards to the magazines where the coupon is located, I went to 2 eb's today and neither one had the mgazines out yet. When I asked about them they were like I think they came in today let me go see. They came out with the magazine flyer and placed them on the shelf.

I went to the store and they only had one crappy opened one, so I went to the mall to get a sealed one. Thanks OP! Also, the voucher says that it's not valid for pre-played games, just in case you were scheming to do that one.

oh crap really?! then the guy at my local eb is an ass... sorry, i'm gonna go edit my earlier post.

Just got my online EB code (good timing) from the Syphon Filter deal and used it to order this. Not as good as the in store deal but at least I didn't have to spend the $20 out of my pocket. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Lister']If anyone can get multiple coupons and mail one to me, I'd be very appreciative!!! My EB had NO mags...I think they were smart and threw them all out or something before today...[/QUOTE]

What mag are you referring to? Is it a flyer or in a magazine? I'm gonna go to an EB tonight, so if I can Paper Mario really cheap, that would be awesome.

Whoo hoo! Got the last Paper Mario:TYD at my local EB, and they just put out their catalogs this morning. :) Thanks a million, OP!

[quote name='tcrash247']What mag are you referring to? Is it a flyer or in a magazine? I'm gonna go to an EB tonight, so if I can Paper Mario really cheap, that would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

not really a magazine, more like a catalog. Usually found on the cashier's counter. This one looks black/red cover with two jedi fighting with their light sabre in the shape of an x. (the advertisement for the Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith game)

May 2005 Catalog

On page 40 is where you will find the voucher cut out.

Damn, I guess I should have waited and got Pikmin 2 instead. >_< I've played it for a couple of hours and I definitely think its worth $30, but I still would have liked to have gotten it cheaper...:(

I never would have imagined it dropping $10 lower than $30 so soon. I wonder, if I were to buy another copy @ $20, take that copy with the invoice that says $30, what's the return policy for taking a new item back to a B&M store? Something like 14 days, right?

Anyway, an excellent find!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back