(Randomly OOS @ EB.com) Paper Mario (GC) $20 at EB B&M & EB.com - Back at $30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='daphatty']Now this pisses me off. I paid full price damnit! These arent supposed to go on sale![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never thought this'd go on sale...Mario and Zelda games usually take a good long time to drop in price. That said, I'm glad I got in on this.

[quote name='nwaugh']You, my friend, are a leech. You also seem to have an over-the-top obsession with money.[/QUOTE]

Don't we all? The site's not called CHEAPassgamer for nothing.

[quote name='Zombie']I picked up a copy of for .88 cents. I also got another one of those $10 Shopper Discount offers. Can I do this again? I just did it a month or so ago.[/QUOTE]

you can but will be blacklisted by the site (reward site) and maybe ebgames ??

i think most people only do it once every 4-6 months

[quote name='slidecage']you can but will be blacklisted by the site (reward site) and maybe ebgames ??

i think most people only do it once every 4-6 months[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I do it once every 6 months just to be on the safe side. You could probably get away with doing it more, but it's risky.

Great, I got mine at B&M, but no fliers. I'll have to check the other store at the mall tomorrow. Is the voucher no good for used copies? Because the clerk tried fairly hard to convince me to get it used.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Way to break the law there buddy.[/QUOTE]

You're right! That would be uncouth of me and I apologize.

But it is not illegal (and probably more profitable too) to simply buy the game "for free" like everyone else here, play it, and then just sell my used copy off for about $20.

Of course, knowing me I'm not very good at parting with my games, so if I like it I'll probably just keep it in my collection anyway.

[quote name='daphatty']Now this pisses me off. I paid full price damnit! These arent supposed to go on sale![/QUOTE]

I'm very close to vowing never to buy a full price game again . . . it just sucks to see them drop soooo quickly.

I'm waiting on Doom 3, RE4, God of War, Psychonauts, Midnight Club 3 . . . I've been renting with the free instore coupons that come with my Blockbuster thru the mail rental deal . . .

But with sooo many great deals, why bother getting the new releases . . . I can wait.

I bought this at $38 when Fry's had it on sale the first week when it came out and beat it and then gave it to my brother and I just picked it up again today. They had four of them, with three of them being sealed and the other a display copy. Can't wait to get the voucher in the mail. Also found a Disgaea while I was there so I finally jumped on it since it's A) an Atlus game B) the only game I don't have of the Nippon Ichi Trilogy and C) hella tough to find. My Fry's used to carry them but then they went out of stock there. I was really hoping that Fry's would discount them sometime, but they never did and I've never seen it cheaper than $50 or $44.99 used B/C.

[quote name='alongx']Yeah, I never thought this'd go on sale...Mario and Zelda games usually take a good long time to drop in price. That said, I'm glad I got in on this.[/QUOTE]

I know the first Paper Mario took forever to drop in price and by that time they were so scarce that it was nearly impossible to find. Glad I picked one up when they came out and glad I picked one up now.

Picked one up this afternoon, and thank goodness, it was sealed (seems like half the games I ask about there, they want to sell me display copies as "new"). Got the voucher form all ready for mailing in the morning. Thanks, OP! Sweet deal!

Paper Mario 2, which is one of my most wanted Cube games, for free, basically...can't beat that! (Except for Syphon Filter Omega Strain, which I basically got paid $10 to take. ;)) Anyway...

Great, I got mine at B&M, but no fliers. I'll have to check the other store at the mall tomorrow. Is the voucher no good for used copies? Because the clerk tried fairly hard to convince me to get it used.
The coupon specifies "Not valid on pre-played games."

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Yeah, I do it once every 6 months just to be on the safe side. You could probably get away with doing it more, but it's risky.[/QUOTE]

what are you guys talking about? I would like to pay for a game at .88 cents every 6 months too....

[quote name='slidecage']you can but will be blacklisted by the site (reward site) and maybe ebgames ??

i think most people only do it once every 4-6 months[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Yeah, I do it once every 6 months just to be on the safe side. You could probably get away with doing it more, but it's risky.[/QUOTE]

I won't risk it. It's a nice deal that I'd like to enjoy for years to come. :)

[quote name='gizmogc']My EB still has the used copy for $24.99 (which I bought today) and new copies for $29.99. Boo.[/QUOTE]
You should have had the clerk ring them up. Im sure the prices were lower and they just haven't changed the prices yet. At Gamestop this happens all the time with games until someone buys it.

After reading that the fat wallet bastards have gotten word of this deal and the fact that I can get my $20 back in a gift voucher I went ahead and picked up a copy before they sold out at my local EB. Didn't really have the cash to spend, but when your a CAG when the hell do you have the "cash" to spend.

I went to my EB to pick up a copy (hey it's free, might as wel use it as a gift) and it was marked $49.99 on the shelf.

If they ring it up, it will be $19.99 though, it's nationwide in their system from what I was told.

Don't listen to them, just have em ring it up ;)

this is a great deal even without the $20 mail in

note: paper mario has a $5 pricegrabber rebate

and the eb mag has a $10 off for red ninja and pariah, expiring 6/30 (good chance both drop heavy in price by then)

thanks op

FYI - There is a link to a scan of the voucher over at SD, if anyone is looking. I can't directly link to it for some reason.

Oh yeah - Since I've never participated in a EB voucher deal before, I noticed that on the voucher it says that an email address is optional. Does that mean that EB sends you a paper voucher (ie. a "gift certificate") in lieu of an online code, if no email is included? thx in advance to whomever answers (if anyone does) :D

[quote name='Sigma']...but when your a CAG when the hell do you have the "cash" to spend.[/QUOTE]
Word, word, I'm with you there. I got in on this deal as well, thank you very much, Scoobert!

...but now I have about $30 to last me for the next week and a half. Ah the trials we endure for cheap (or free!) video games.... :D

Been waiting to pick this one up for a long time now. Thanks for the tip OP! I got myself a sealed copy and snagged a coupon mag. The guy said it probably wouldn't work since the game had a price drop but we both agreed it would be worth the postage to find out.

[quote name='XClaude']Hey C, what game is that in your sig?[/QUOTE]
That's Chrono Trigger, AKA the best game ever. Well, at least one of the best games ever, certainly.

[quote name='djak1']FYI - There is a link to a scan of the voucher over at SD, if anyone is looking. I can't directly link to it for some reason.

Oh yeah - Since I've never participated in a EB voucher deal before, I noticed that on the voucher it says that an email address is optional. Does that mean that EB sends you a paper voucher (ie. a "gift certificate") in lieu of an online code, if no email is included? thx in advance to whomever answers (if anyone does) :D[/QUOTE]

I'd go check "SD" in liu of asking, but I'm not sure what "SD" stands for. What would that be? Sorry, just can't figure it out. Thanks!

[quote name='Aleryn']I'd go check "SD" in liu of asking, but I'm not sure what "SD" stands for. What would that be? Sorry, just can't figure it out. Thanks![/QUOTE]

slickdeals.net

Thanks OP! They only had two copies left, and both were display copies. I don't get that. Why not just have one display copy and only sell it when it's the last copy left. Anyway, I'm not complaining since the game is basically free AR.

And like others have mentioned, I didn't see any of the Star Wars catalogs when I first walked in. So I asked the EB guy, and he said they're in the back and grabbed me one. I don't think he was intentionally hiding them or anything. I think they had just come in and they hadn't put them out for display yet. After I mentioned it, he immediately put a bunch out by the counter.

But long story short, if you don't see the catalogs, definitely ask.

-DM

Thanks I got one, I thnk is was a display copy though. It was sealed but when I opened it it had a "49.99" sticker on it. I mananged to get it off though So it's all good.

just got one!

while I was there, the cashier was telling everyone in the store that nintendo made sony playstation and xbox 360 will play playstation 1/2 game lol

[quote name='postaboy']just got one!

while I was there, the cashier was telling everyone in the store that nintendo made sony playstation and xbox 360 will play playstation 1/2 game lol[/QUOTE]

LOL.... I feel sorry for them sometimes...

up til 6/30/05

That is the last day you can purchase the game for the voucher to be effective. This is assuming the game won't go back up from 19.99.

first deal to make me cry about my work place blocking CAG...i'm sure there will be more. well i'll be at eb tomorrow when they open to get in on this deal...or at least try to. it seems that in this town of millionaires no store is friendly to gaming deals. no walmart/kmart clearances what so ever...the only deal i've been able to get in on was the ghost recon 2 for $19.99 via a pm at BB.

I purchased the game online rather than going to the store. 2 questions:

Can I still use the 20.00 voucher?

Does it have to be an original voucher or can I print the copy from slickdeals.net?

Sorry if someone posted this earlier, but Im on an extremely slow connection right now, so it would take a long time to check the previous pages.

Anyways, noticed when I picked up my copy that it now says Best Seller like how the newer Smash Bros. do as well. If thats any indication, then its probably a price drop to the SSBM price of $29.99. If it were going to $19.99, then it'd probably be players choice.

lemme get this straight, if i get this game, and then i get TWO receipts, and i turn in the ORIGINAL receipt in the voucher, i can still return it, and pocket a $20 voucher???

[quote name='Gotchaforce']lemme get this straight, if i get this game, and then i get TWO receipts, and i turn in the ORIGINAL receipt in the voucher, i can still return it, and pocket a $20 voucher???[/QUOTE]

Careful, I got flamed for bringing this idea up earlier.

Yes, you COULD do that, but it would be illegal. Here's a better idea:

Just play the damn game, then, if you feel so inclined, sell your used copy. That way you're not hoarding, can actually play the game, and still make a profit (I mean it is a free game after all.)

I just started playing it for a couple hours and I'm really impressed. I'm usually not a fan of turn-based RPGs, but this has some simple action elements that make it a whole lot more fun. It's easily the best turn-based RPG I've ever played. That may not be saying much as I haven't played too many, but it's still very fun. Give it shot, you won't be out anything for trying.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Careful, I got flamed for bringing this idea up earlier.

Yes, you COULD do that, but it would be illegal. Here's a better idea:

Just play the damn game, then, if you feel so inclined, sell your used copy. That way you're not hoarding, can actually play the game, and still make a profit (I mean it is a free game after all.)

I just started playing it for a couple hours and I'm really impressed. I'm usually not a fan of turn-based RPGs, but this has some simple action elements that make it a whole lot more fun. It's easily the best turn-based RPG I've ever played. That may not be saying much as I haven't played too many, but it's still very fun. Give it shot, you won't be out anything for trying.[/QUOTE]

problem is i dont have a gamecube :\

i dont see how this is any more immoral than ohh.. i dunno.. trading in a bunch of $5 used games for over $300 in PSP games and getting 1000% profit(i did that too, im just mentioning that it was fully endorsed by several hundred people).

guess ill just sell it on ebay anyways, looks like its goin for $20

I already own both the N64 and GC versions of Paper Mario ($33 last year at TRU)... yet I'm still contemplating buying another copy just to take advantage of the $20 voucher.

The decisions of a CAG!

[quote name='Gotchaforce']problem is i dont have a gamecube :\

i dont see how this is any more immoral than ohh.. i dunno.. trading in a bunch of $5 used games for over $300 in PSP games and getting 1000% profit(i did that too, im just mentioning that it was fully endorsed by several hundred people).

guess ill just sell it on ebay anyways, looks like its goin for $20[/QUOTE]

The difference is that this is actually dishonest. The idea is to get $20 back for buying the game (already a great deal), so by sending in the voucher then returning the game it would be a straight rip-off.

The trading thing is still taking advantage, but it's of an offer they issued and accept

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back