Raptr Rewards 5/17: 1 free month of XBL Gold and 2 free XBLA games

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shinn']i live in canada and no matter what i cant get this to work ive created a bunch of emails and accounts and followed the directions. can anyone part with any of the codes? i would be forever grateful , because my sub. runs out soon and i would love to play a new game. thank you![/QUOTE]

I believe it only works for people in the US. You will need to either use a US proxy server or have someone in the US access your account and claim the codes for you.

Taking a bit for me too. Did silver, earned, clicked Claim, switched back to gold. Says I claimed it but it shows the original pop up with the link to xbox.com.

[quote name='weeman43302']I was able to shut off auto-renew right after I got my codes, but I still wasn't able to remove my card. Keep getting some kind of error. I'll try again later.[/QUOTE]

I think you can only remove the card once you are SILVER. Never bothered me to have a card on my other Gold account. It's never been charged for LIVE since I don't have any renewal set-up on it. I do use it for the occasional MS points purchase on a weekly deal.

[quote name='weeman43302']I was able to shut off auto-renew right after I got my codes, but I still wasn't able to remove my card. Keep getting some kind of error. I'll try again later.[/QUOTE]

You have to wait until your 1 month is up to remove the card... as long as you are gold they think you might change your mind and renew at the last minute. When you are able to remove the card they usually try to give you one more month for free and they add auto renew again (hoping this time you will forget)

[quote name='LoganDX']Taking a bit for me too. Did silver, earned, clicked Claim, switched back to gold. Says I claimed it but it shows the original pop up with the link to xbox.com.[/QUOTE]

Check under the ''Eligible'' rewards tab again, there should be a new one that still says 2 games

[quote name='jlazenby1']Check under the ''Eligible'' rewards tab again, there should be a new one that still says 2 games[/QUOTE]

so it would show up under eligible after the 30 minute-12 hr wait then?

[quote name='jlazenby1']Check under the ''Eligible'' rewards tab again, there should be a new one that still says 2 games[/QUOTE]

nope, not there. Just the Logitech discounts.

Lol ok heres what I did

Changed my gamertag to a silver account
Found the offer under eligible and clicked
Went to the link it gave me
Went back and changed my xbox gamertag to a gold (be sure to use remove, save and import achievements)
Went back to rewards and a new one was under eligible but it only said the games, no live and clicked it and there was 2 codes

You guys may have to wait a bit, im sure right now the servers fairly busy but mine were ready instantly, well, as fast as my phone could load the pages lol

[quote name='jlazenby1']Lol ok heres what I did

Went back and changed my xbox gamertag to a gold (be sure to use remove, save and import achievements)
Went back to rewards and a new one was under eligible but it only said the games, no live and clicked it and there was 2 codes

You guys may have to wait a bit, im sure right now the servers fairly busy but mine were ready instantly, well, as fast as my phone could load the pages lol[/QUOTE]

lol well I guess I am waiting, cause I did all that

[quote name='MasaTFC']lol well I guess I am waiting, cause I did all that[/QUOTE]

same here, just waiting for the free codes now after doing the switch

[quote name='progman3']same here, just waiting for the free codes now after doing the switch[/QUOTE]

you post when yours show up, I will do the same. Its a Race!!!!

[quote name='TXboxGuY']I think you can only remove the card once you are SILVER. Never bothered me to have a card on my other Gold account. It's never been charged for LIVE since I don't have any renewal set-up on it. I do use it for the occasional MS points purchase on a weekly deal.[/QUOTE]

I was able to remove the same card from my other Main Gold account before. Good thing I did too. About a week after I did I got hit with the Fifa hack and they stole all my points.

[quote name='COLDblood']You have to wait until your 1 month is up to remove the card... as long as you are gold they think you might change your mind and renew at the last minute. When you are able to remove the card they usually try to give you one more month for free and they add auto renew again (hoping this time you will forget)[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured. I was able to get the auto-renew off so I can wait until the end of the free month.

[quote name='MasaTFC']you post when yours show up, I will do the same. Its a Race!!!![/QUOTE]

I've followed all the steps and it looks like I have to wait as well. When I click check my rewards it says:

"Checking your rewards, come back in an hour, new rewards will be listed on your Eligible tab on the Rewards page"

Hopefully it all works out, thanks guys for posting this method.

You guys may have to wait a bit, im sure right now the servers fairly busy but mine were ready instantly, well, as fast as my phone could load the pages lol[/QUOTE]

Every time i try to change gamertag is says*cannot access this gamer ID,check privacy settings on Xbox live

Can we give rep points on here? COLDBlood definitive deserves some for that nice loophole he found. ;)

The loophole trick worked for me instantly when I did it.

Not sure why it isn't working instantly for others.

If it isn't working for you right away, make sure the both the Gold and Silver account are silver and have some game time on both accounts.

You will also need to be using a US internet connection or US proxy server to get it to work.

When you have successfully entered you silver gamertag on your Raptr account you'll see the reward. You need to claim that first. After it is claimed you need to changed your gamertag back to your gold account on Raptr. This will trigger a pop-up for the 2 free codes.

Did exactly this and it hasn't updated the offer to just the two games, still requires silver.

Bah. I wanted me some free R Type. If anyone can point out something I might be doing wrong, please PM me.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Every time i try to change gamertag is says*cannot access this gamer ID,check privacy settings on Xbox live[/QUOTE]

Go to xbox.com and log in with your account, then go to the privacy section in the footer and select allow for everything.

used a proxy an was able to get one thanks to the advice from the guys an gals on here thanks again but got to admit was real hit an miss with this. X_X lol can't wait to give r-type a try.

[quote name='KasBoo']used a proxy an was able to get one thanks to the advice from the guys an gals on here thanks again but got to admit was real hit an miss with this. X_X lol can't wait to give r-type a try.[/QUOTE]

Which proxy did you use? I have tried a few differant US ones and tried using the "Check my rewards" button and waited an hour in between, but had no luck.

[quote name='CodeTrader']Can we give rep points on here? COLDBlood definitive deserves some for that nice loophole he found. ;)

The loophole trick worked for me instantly when I did it.

Not sure why it isn't working instantly for others.

If it isn't working for you right away, make sure the both the Gold and Silver account are silver and have some game time on both accounts.

You will also need to be using a US internet connection or US proxy server to get it to work.

When you have successfully entered you silver gamertag on your Raptr account you'll see the reward. You need to claim that first. After it is claimed you need to changed your gamertag back to your gold account on Raptr. This will trigger a pop-up for the 2 free codes.
[/QUOTE]

Oh I am all about giving credit where credit is due (so thanks in advance), and as soon as the codes come through I will for sure!

but, uh, what do you mean by "If it isn't working for you right away, make sure the both the Gold and Silver account are silver and have some game time on both accounts."?

[quote name='emwearz']Did it work instantly, or did you have to constantly do the "Check my rewards" and wait?[/QUOTE]

A pop up in my recent actvity came up an said I was able to claim, hope this helps. :bouncy:

Yeah I have been unable to claim it the without using a CC. I claim in the silver account and switch to the the gold. There's a note that pop up that I have to wait 12 hours or 30 minutes. When you guys claim in silver, do you hit cancel when it asks for a payment option?

[quote name='Zerok']I already own The Maw, anyone want it?[/QUOTE]

I would love it

Interesting that this deal is working instantly again. Tried this at about 6pm EST & I'm waiting like a few other people here. Before and after that time, it seems like the codes showed up instantly. Not looking too promising -- if anybody has extras, I'd be very grateful (and if mine show up later, I'll pass them back to the community).

To summarize, the way to use a current Gold account is to:
-Change your Raptr account setting>identity to be a active silver account
-claim the deal when it comes up
-switch the account setting back to your Gold account and it gives you the codes

Silver account must have some recent play on a Xbox 360 connected to the net, even just a few minutes of play.

[quote name='XF Gator']To summarize, the way to use a current Gold account is to:
-Change your Raptr account setting>identity to be a active silver account
-claim the deal when it comes up
-switch the account setting back to your Gold account and it gives you the codes

Silver account must have some recent play on a Xbox 360 connected to the net, even just a few minutes of play.[/QUOTE]

For some of us though, this is just not working. It keeps telling me to check back for my rewards in an hour.

[quote name='Althax']For some of us though, this is just not working. It keeps telling me to check back for my rewards in an hour.[/QUOTE]

Same here. In the comments section they said that it's going to take awhile before it shows up for everyone who is eligible.

I went ahead and upgraded my silver account. I just used a nearly empty visa gift card as my CC. Got the codes immediately.

So question for the UK people, were you able to redeem the codes for Maw and Rtype on your account or did you have to create a US account on your xbox?
Just wondering because I have a friend over there and might give him some codes but he might be too dumb to redeem them if he has to recover a gamertag or set up an account.

Awesome, I got mine... I actually upgraded one of my silver accounts so not too shabby, also went ahead and changed autorenewal. Got my codes in about 5 - 10 minutes. Thanks guys!

I got mine legit.Panicked a bit when the link disappeared but it was already in my claimed tab.Also,MS made it easier to turn off auto renew.

[quote name='mrx001']I got mine legit.Panicked a bit when the link disappeared but it was already in my claimed tab.Also,MS made it easier to turn off auto renew.[/QUOTE]

Did they add back the ability to turn it off via xbox.com? I was so mad when they decided to take that feature out just to be greedy :hot:

I don' think the loophole is working either. Followed the steps, but no codes. I just went the legit way and got them instantly. MS already has my card from all the $1 month offers they have been offering me this year.

[quote name='Chcuck57841']Did they add back the ability to turn it off via xbox.com? I was so mad when they decided to take that feature out just to be greedy :hot:[/QUOTE]
Yes. Its right on your account page. I do it after every $1 per month offer.

still working, took me about 15 minutes from start to end with codes in hand.

-Signed up for Raptr
-linked one of my silver accounts to my raptr account
-signed up for the free one month using my free Serve bank card from the promotion posted here a while back
-got codes and redeem
-turned auto renew off

Thanks to OP and whoever came up with the silver account idea

so this got activated when today? I see it's already done 123400. Probably won't last till Saturday at this rate XD But I can dream to get one on 5/21 when i lose gold.

Phew, finally got my codes. It was a bit of a hassle since I originally tried to go the loophole route after it was apparently patched, so I had to make a second Silver account, except I had to enter in my CC info on my Xbox since the main site wasn't accepting either my Paypal or CC info. Welp, R-Type should at least be worth it.

Man this was a surprise. I even bought a 12 month card from Amazon but I'll take a free month and two free games. Hope to see more Raptr stuff in the future.

Had a spare silver account that i just use to get more points via Bing, and Xbox Rewards, made it it's own raptr account, go the gold use paypal on it, turned off auto renewal, gave Maw and R-type to my main account :3

When I hit the final page to check out for $0.00 I get an error message

"This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later. For more information, go to http://www.xbox.com/support."

Has anyone got any codes spare? I really wanted those games, but again Raptr has disappointed me... just like with Minecraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back