"Rare" PS2 Games?

[quote name='kube00']Any word if Yanya Caballista City Skater is rare?[/QUOTE]

Seeing how you can get a brand new copy for about $15...

[quote name='62t']Seeing how you can get a brand new copy for about $15...[/quote]

Well, price does not determine if something is rare or not.

I have Transformers Tatakai but it's import only. It was pretty hard to find, even in Japan. Too bad the game is beyond awful. Such a good idea gone to waste.

From the New World is very common, you can find a new copy for $20 or less anywhere you look. Covenant is moderately rare, you'd get more for it than the average PS2 game, but not a lot. Maybe $20-30 for used. The first game in the trilogy is the only remarkable one in terms of rarity/value.

[quote name='williamspam91']Why is Alteir Iris so rare?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that game was ever reprinted, but I also don't think it is particularly rare either.

[quote name='kube00']Any word if Yanya Caballista City Skater is rare?[/QUOTE]

im wondering the same thing, i found it a couple days ago at a GS mint and complete for $2.99 in my search for cheap harder to find games at GS. Which i might add has went extremely well since i got back into collecting surprisingly. My finds so far- all complete unless noted- all ps2 - I'll try to remember prices

R.A.D. $5.99
Phantom brave (no book) $9.99
Tsugunai : atonement $3.99
Choro Q $2.99 (not rare but i figured ATLUS and cheap)
Devil summoner $8.99
Ring of red $4.99
Ys: Ark of napishtim $12.99
Klonoa 2 $6.99
Shadow of destiny $4.99
Resident evil : dead aim $12.99 (was surprised to see this is $33 on VGPC)
MGS 2 substance $12.99
Rule of rose $9.99
Growlanser Generations $19.99
Steambot chronicles $7.99
Battle engine aquila $2.99
The bouncer $4.99
Aqua aqua $2.99
Clock tower 3 $5.99

Still trying to hunt down Culdcept $6.99, Forever Kingdom $4.99, Wizardry: tale of forsaken land $9.99, Kuon $6.99, and a few others. Usually GS is good (unfortunetely) with keeping their prices comparable to ebay. but they let a few slip through.:D

Yanya Caballista City Skater with the skateboard accessory is rare. I actually found it brand new for $9.99 at FYE years ago. The game itself is pretty crappy, but the disc is cool looking (colored and designed differently than the other PS2 discs).

is Harry Potter:sorcerers stone and Indiana Jones and the emperors tomb rare cause i went to EB In Laval A Saw These Two Games That i never in person.I Bought Indiana Jones For 23.99 and HP Was 21.99

[quote name='GameBoyee']is Harry Potter:sorcerers stone and Indiana Jones and the emperors tomb rare cause i went to EB In Laval A Saw These Two Games That i never in person.I Bought Indiana Jones For 23.99 and HP Was 21.99[/quote]
$24 for Indiana? Way too much.

[quote name='EndlessChris']Suikoden 3 isn't really rare, a lot of people just made the assumption "Well, Suikoden I and II are pretty rare, so I guess III must be." In fact the only PS2 game I would consider remotely rare is Rez, which you can still find new for $50 if you look hard enough.[/quote]

Actually MArvel vs Capcom is rarer

[quote name='lude21']im wondering the same thing, i found it a couple days ago at a GS mint and complete for $2.99 in my search for cheap harder to find games at GS. Which i might add has went extremely well since i got back into collecting surprisingly. My finds so far- all complete unless noted- all ps2 - I'll try to remember prices

R.A.D. $5.99
Phantom brave (no book) $9.99
Tsugunai : atonement $3.99
Choro Q $2.99 (not rare but i figured ATLUS and cheap)
Devil summoner $8.99
Ring of red $4.99
Ys: Ark of napishtim $12.99
Klonoa 2 $6.99
Shadow of destiny $4.99
Resident evil : dead aim $12.99 (was surprised to see this is $33 on VGPC)
MGS 2 substance $12.99
Rule of rose $9.99
Growlanser Generations $19.99
Steambot chronicles $7.99
Battle engine aquila $2.99
The bouncer $4.99
Aqua aqua $2.99
Clock tower 3 $5.99

Still trying to hunt down Culdcept $6.99, Forever Kingdom $4.99, Wizardry: tale of forsaken land $9.99, Kuon $6.99, and a few others. Usually GS is good (unfortunetely) with keeping their prices comparable to ebay. but they let a few slip through.:D[/quote]

Those games are rare? I just traded away Ring of Red on goozex for 100pts, but it didn't seem to be getting much on half.com

I also have aqua aqua but I don't consider it rare...

[quote name='DaMonStEr']Steamboat Chronicles is rare? I saw it at eb today for pretty cheap. Is it any good?[/QUOTE]

Not bad if you can deal with all the load times for an RPGish/Sandbox game. Don't think it'll be too rare though.

Devil Summoner for 8.99 is a steal, I had to buy a brand new copy for 60 xD. Too bad EBGames / Gamestop in Canada rarely have any good used PS2 games.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Hey, I got a copy of Ico new/sealed.
Do people even buy it for $150 new? Should I sell it on eBay or Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Someone else just posted that it sold for $200 for a sealed copy on Ebay so if you're not going to play it, you should be able to sell it. Probably easier to do it on Amazon than Ebay.

Dual Hearts supposedly has the lowest print run of any PS2 game. Stangely though, it can be bought at Gamestop for $5. I guess it just doesn't have enough demand.

[quote name='mitch079']Someone else just posted that it sold for $200 for a sealed copy on Ebay so if you're not going to play it, you should be able to sell it. Probably easier to do it on Amazon than Ebay.[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks!
I'll check ebay vs amazon prices.

bread's done
Back