"Rare" PS2 Games?

Stezton hugs her copies of Ring of Red, Klonoa 2, Shadow of Destiny, and R.A.D. :) and curses fate for not having gotten Fatal Frame a long time ago. ](*,)

Sky Gunner...I'm trying to remember. It's been awhile. If I remember right the controls weren't the best and it was ridiculously hard. It did have really good graphics but I finally gave up on it.

Well i rented Sky Gunner long ago and i liked it.But what Stezton said its hard.What pissed me off the most is that you have two allies on your side and you get points and stuff for killing enemies and what not.Now your points rack up at the end of a level and who ever gets the most gets a new engine or some prize like that.Its impossible to get more points thatn your allies.Plus you get mayjor points deducted for using your weapons when you have to use them all full blast.So maybe if you like shooting games and maybe if you seee it cheap try it out.

Suikoden 3 isnt rare. You can find it almost anywhere. Sukoden 1 and 2 on the other hand.... are almost impossible to find.

Suikoden 1 isn't all that rare, theres just alot of demand. Suikoden 2 is definitely rare. You guys are making me nervous about Disgaea. Since i have alot of other games im playing and because im a cheapass i was going to wait for this game to drop in price. Now im thinking that it will never happen and i should just get one at full price now. Although, the fact that there is a Disgaea ad in the newest issue of Egm makes me think that copies are still available in pretty large volumes and that they are still sending them out

Rez
Rad
Ring of Red (haven't seen it in ages)
Contra: Shattered Soldier is rare where I am.
Klonoa 2
King's Field: Ancient Gates
Gitaroo-Man
Sky Oddessy?
Non-GH version of some older games could be considered rare, I suppose.

Note: I found Klonoa 2 brand new last night for $16! WHOOT!!!

Also :

Does anybody know where I can find Rez online, preferably new?

I got a friend who can find me some PAL versions, but I really need a US version...

How do you know which Suikoden 3 is a reprinted copy?

BTW, my local GameStop has Suikoden 1 and 2 used but not in their original case for like 30 bucks.
Is tgat a good price?I think it's very expensive

[quote name='MegaMan3k']Also :

Does anybody know where I can find Rez online, preferably new?

I got a friend who can find me some PAL versions, but I really need a US version...[/quote]

Try ebay, theres usualy a good amount of REZ about for some good prices, the trick is just hoping no one else bids...good luck

How rare is an autographed Silent Hill 2?
Its signed by the entire senior production staff.

Seems like I have every game mentioned here in this thread. I keep stashes of rare games on the side and sell them years later. I have 4 Intelligent Qubes, 3 Disgaea, 1 rez, 3 Suikoden III ( a suikoden 1 and 2 were put aside years ago and I have to agree that part 2 is really really rare), and a bunch of others.

The secret is not finding rare games...the secret is knowing which games will become rare. All titles on release are available for at least a few days.

Smaller companies tend to make smaller runs. Also watch the Japanese market as it can clue you in to really good games that wont get much attention here...like Rez or Guitaroo. Watch Konami, Atlus, Koei, and CodeMasters...

[quote name='donssword'][quote name='bfg9k']Hehe...eight stores! You go, Minx! :)
Anyone interested in Fatal Frame, I have seen multiple copies at my local Sam's Club for $20. Of course you have to be a member or know someone who is. Somebody mentioned Ring of Red, I have seen these at KB Toys for $20 as well. I still would like to get my hands on RAD, cheaply of course ;)[/quote]\

And that would be where?

Locations please...[/quote]

Sorry, these would be in the New Haven area of connecticut. I finally did get my hands on RAD :)

Oddly enough, I didn't have any problem finding Disgaea when I went looking. Maybe I caught it at the right time, or I happened to pop into the right store.

Any one of you guys heard of the game Yanya Caballista City Skater? I guess it's a skateboard game and it comes with a fingerboard controller you put over the analog sticks. Is this game rare? I have seen only one copy at a local CC but never any where else. On eBay there seems to be a handful them but they are cheap and no one seems to be bidding on them.

Few games are hard to find when they are brand new. There are some that do take some searching, but if you buy a game within the first month it is out, you can usually get it without that much effort, and relatively close to the release price.

I bought Suikoden 2 with absolutely no searching the week it came out. Of course, shortly after that, it vanished from the face of the earth.

The Suikoden series is a little different than some other series.. when a new game in the series comes out, all the previous games all jump in price thanks to the ability to bring over previous save games.

Not a rare game (there are very, very few games that are actually "rare" enough to be collectibles), but I've got a limited edition X-mas Seaman Dreamcast, with a certificate of authenticity, numbered 000/850.

That's pretty rare. Of course, demand for those things is also pretty ... rare. :D

seppo

someone said Klonoa for ps1 was rare, wow, im glad i got i for $5 missing the manual, i dont even really like it all that much

God I remember renting Ring of Red. I didnt like it too much back then, but it was addictive. I haven't seen it in ages...bah.

King's Field: Ancient Gates is at my local gamestop, I saw it today.

Culdcept.

It's been out less than two months, and it's already difficult to find. Best Buy and Circuit City have never listed it online, and there are only 11 copies left at EBGames.com as of right now. My copy is on order from there (along with Disgaea) thanks to the Ninja Gaiden trade-in offer -- I figure I'll never find either of those games cheap. I've read that only 35,000 copies of Culdcept were printed by NEC.

If you've never heard of it, it's a strategy game that's a cross between Monopoly and Magic: The Gathering. Game Ranking's average score is 80%.

How much you think pocket fighter brand new could be sold for psx? Let me know i got couple from long ago sitting and i need money for college textbooks.

Again, saw a bunch of Culdcept at the B&M EBgames maybe three days ago.

Can a game be rare if it's still in print?

I just got a PS2 at Christmas, and there were a bunch of odd games I wanted to get. The hardest to find at a decent price have been Rez, Robot Alchemic Drive, and Bushido Blade 1 & 2 (which are PS1 games). War of the Monsters was easy to find, but at $30 or $35 everywhere. I lucked into a $5 copy of Gungrave at the Circuit City post-holiday sale, but otherwise that would have been tough.

There's a difference between rare and Scarce.There also seems to be a difference in where you are located.I've often picked games up for a friend in DC that he can't find but I can get easily where I am.E-bay is a good rough guide if you wan't to see how scarce a game is .Pick a game and see how many are up for sale. some are so scarce only one or 2 copies are up for auction .My local EB has 5 copies of Marvel V's Capcom 2 but no copies of Driving Emotion Type S,They haven't had Unreal Tournament in for over a year but had 4 copies of Culdcept last weekend.I've been looking for Whiteout and Snocross 2 for over a year with no luck.It took a while to find metropolismania in my area.

Let's party like it's 2004.

OMG CAN'T FIND DISGAEA. NEED MORE COPIES NIS!!!! HAS ANYBODY HEARD THE NEW JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE? ITS AWESOME

[quote name='RedvsBlue']whoa, awesome 3 year bump there[/quote]

No kidding.

Shall we up the ante and add some rare/scarce games while dispelling some of the 3-year myths?

DDS1 = maybe not so rare, but expensive
Nocturne = see above
Disgaea = not so rare thanks to the reprint

Yeha it's just like the one guy from DC said it all depends on where you are.. im in Wisconsin and RPG's are usually harder to come by for the most part unless they had massive prints and then you will see them stockpiled and people using the gutted cases to level tables...

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, or at least I thought it was rare, and then I saw used copies of it going for like 60 bucks at a few EB's in the area. So, I guess it's kinda rare at least.

[quote name='ReaperZER0']Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, or at least I thought it was rare, and then I saw used copies of it going for like 60 bucks at a few EB's in the area. So, I guess it's kinda rare at least.[/QUOTE]

That's the sticker price. Gamestop raised the price, it is now $80

It's like $79.99 .If you saw a couple of copies it's not rare.just sought after and commands a high price, It's not even a good game .It's about the same price on the Xbox as well.a Video rental store just closed near me at the weekend .All games were $2.00 each regardless of what system they were on .The sale started at 9 am and I didn't find out until 11.30 so I missed all the good stuff.I ended up with about 30 games and a few DVD's though and the owner dug up a box of Genesis games still in shrink so I got a bunch of those for 25 cents each .:lol:

[quote name='ReaperZER0']Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, or at least I thought it was rare, and then I saw used copies of it going for like 60 bucks at a few EB's in the area. So, I guess it's kinda rare at least.[/quote]I remember seeing a copy at eb for $30. I should've picked it up! :bomb:

[quote name='fifthcore']Bouncer for PS2 is kinda hard to find[/QUOTE]

I agree; I've never even seen it, ever, in neither NJ nor FL.

[quote name='Rayray']I agree; I've never even seen it, ever, in neither NJ nor FL.[/quote] I've seen abunch here in Colorado. Finding them complete and mint though is the hard part.

there is a Rare/Uncommon thread on the discussion section. its worth to check out although everyone listed their rare collections, but a few ps2 games are listed.

I saw Bouncer at the weekend No cover though but it did have instructions .I think it was $8.99 .It was definitely in the less than $10.00 bin.I heard it was terrible though ?

I are SMT: Nocturne, SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 are the only truly rare PS2 games. Being that they are both out of print and highly sought after.

[quote name='MadFlava']I are SMT: Nocturne, SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 are the only truly rare PS2 games. Being that they are both out of print and highly sought after.[/quote]I want number one so bad. :cry: I'm still kicking myself for not picking it up when it was released. :bomb:

[quote name='Dasmachina']I saw Bouncer at the weekend No cover though but it did have instructions .I think it was $8.99 .It was definitely in the less than $10.00 bin.I heard it was terrible though ?[/quote]
it was so bad i had to trade it the next day i bought it. horrible. yet they gave so much hype to this game before it came out. that game will never become rare because it just plain suck. unless its a factory sealed version of the game then it could be considered rare since it was almost a launch title.

[quote name='MadFlava']I are SMT: Nocturne, SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 are the only truly rare PS2 games. Being that they are both out of print and highly sought after.[/quote]

not true. theres alot of titles now that reach that point of rarity. DDS 1 is rare indeed, while DDS 2 isnt. it is no longer in print but the new copies are still out there (i bought 1 yesterday new/sealed for $20) but prices may vary.

the Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence limited edition pre-order copies are very rare even from the start since they were extemely limited in numbers. im not quite sure how many copies per gamestop/eb they received but when i tried to pre-order it they were told they cannot guarantee the LE copy for everyone. this type of marketing have generated a huge interest with publishers to release some-what limited edition games (ie. Final Fantasy 12 tin from GS) thinking they'll sell a whole bunch of them at launch.

Gradius 3 & 4 which was a launch title is also now rare though not high in demand.

It was a terrible game by today's standards, but I thought that at the time it was pretty awesome(if EXTREMELY short. 51 Minutes on the second time through :eek:).

[quote name='MadFlava']I are SMT: Nocturne, SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 are the only truly rare PS2 games. Being that they are both out of print and highly sought after.[/quote]

I have all three, but Klonoa 2 and Rez are incredibly difficult to find.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I have all three, but Klonoa 2 and Rez are incredibly difficult to find.[/quote]

I find Klonoa a lot, just not a good mint copy. Ditto for Shadow Hearts until recently.

Even though it could be the distant future, theres a couple of games I can see commanding a higher price in the future and becoming 'rare'

.hack//quarantine-it took me a while to find a used copy for $30, but online I've seen it sell for a lot more. The .hack series itself could become rare and sought after.

Shadow Hearts-Pretty hard to find, same way with castlevania: LOI

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland-seeing the pric of several pervious system titles (Harvest Moon 64, PS1 version, SNES version etc) they can end up costing a pretty penny...

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I have all three, but Klonoa 2 and Rez are incredibly difficult to find.[/quote]

Rez was reprinted and can be easily found at pretty much every Gamestop in the nation (I've seen it used at FYE too).

Yanya Cabillista City Skater and Skygunner are very rare games for the PS2; I never see copies of them, and when I did finally find them I snatced them up in a heart beat.

Finding YC with the fingerboard controller (which I own) is even a harder task.

bread's done
Back