Rare Replay $26 via Amazon with Prime

Thanks OP grabbed this and while there, sprung for Adr1ft too.

curious to see how Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini hold up.
I will field this one. Blast Corps holds up very well. There really isn't any puzzle game like it that I have played since. An N64 puzzle classic up there with Space Station Silicon Valley. I play classic games quite a bit but never owned Jet Force Gemini when I was younger. I've played it since but I just cant get into it. It's very bland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came here to say Conker's Bad Fur Day is the XBOX version (Live & Reloaded), not the N64 original one.
I can confirm that Conker's Bad Fur Day IS the N64 uncensored version. Had a chat with the Devs and said that its running at full 60 FPS 1080P with a tweaked graphics engine. I tried Banjo-Kazooie and I'm actually going to hold off finishing my 360'arcadw version to play this version. This collection actually took my top one spot for my most hyped game.

On a side note, as I waited in line for the Expert Zone @ E3 some GameStop manager mentioned that there will be a sleeve for the Rare Replay collection with the original cover to Battletoads. Take it with a grain of salt though as she couldn't show me any proof of it.

I can confirm that Conker's Bad Fur Day IS the N64 uncensored version. Had a chat with the Devs and said that its running at full 60 FPS 1080P with a tweaked graphics engine. I tried Banjo-Kazooie and I'm actually going to hold off finishing my 360'arcadw version to play this version. This collection actually took my top one spot for my most hyped game.

On a side note, as I waited in line for the Expert Zone @ E3 some GameStop manager mentioned that there will be a sleeve for the Rare Replay collection with the original cover to Battletoads. Take it with a grain of salt though as she couldn't show me any proof of it.
When they say, "tweaked graphics engine," does that mean that they're actually remastering graphics, at least to an extent?

When they say, "tweaked graphics engine," does that mean that they're actually remastering graphics, at least to an extent?
What the Rare dev said, is that they tweaked it to a certain point where gameplay wouldn't be affected (i.e. clipping, offset textures, hitbox detection). I enjoyed my time trying Banjo as the tweaked graphics actually help the game with larger screens as the demo was running on a 32" where at my house I'm running a similar setup but my setup actually strains my eyes due to the nature of the Xbox Arcade version is upscaled which doesn't do justice to the actual game.

Through my excitement being at my first E3 I forgot to take pics, but I did get a pic of the Battletoad statue!

Jet Force Gemini! Yay! That was one of my favorite games on my N64, behind Mario games :) Great price for an awesome collection of games. I'll never have time to play all of them, but still very excited!

Is the cheapest way to get this digitally still full price? I assume none of the bonuses ($10 credit or 15,000 rewards credits) apply to the digital purchase. I'd love to be wrong about that, though.

thanks for the head up. Was planning on buying this day one anyways as its just a killer title with a killer price. the $10 Xbox gift card just makes it an even better deal. Just placed my order so I am golden! thank again for the heads up!!

I would of LOVED to see the Wizards & Warriors series from the NES make the cut.  Is there enough other games not included that they could come out with a Rare Replay Volume 2?

Different sites have been saying that it was the Live & Reloaded port, but glad that's not true. Thanks for the info.

A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped or the product is made available for download. Note that we can't charge your card and complete your order if your card expires between the date you pre-ordered the item and the date the item becomes available, so please make sure that your billing and contact information is current at all times.
Thanks buddy. Appreciate it. :)

Is there a page on the site that shows this info?
2nded. Where's the link or the like that works for this $15 on the pre-order?
http://rewards.xbox.com/ms-store-offer/terms-and-conditions/

The problem is that I'm not seeing any games with exceptions on Microsoft's store site. I don't know if that's because there are none with exceptions, but I also see no mention of the Rewards offer on the pages. So, it's hard telling for sure where exceptions actually apply, but nothing seems to indicate that Rare Replay wouldn't qualify.

http://rewards.xbox.com/ms-store-offer/terms-and-conditions/

The problem is that I'm not seeing any games with exceptions on Microsoft's store site. I don't know if that's because there are none with exceptions, but I also see no mention of the Rewards offer on the pages. So, it's hard telling for sure where exceptions actually apply, but nothing seems to indicate that Rare Replay wouldn't qualify.
Interesting about this line on that web page:

Limit: One (1) 15,000 Rewards Credits per qualifying Xbox One or Xbox 360 game purchased for up to three (3) different game titles during the Offer Period.
That would make me think it would work three times, not one time. So, this one, Adr1ft and one other cheaper game would make for some good options.

How does Microsoft determine whether you qualify for the $10 gift card for use on the website vs. the 15,000 Xbox reward points?  IS it based on how you approach pre-ordering the game at microsoftstore.com?

Interesting about this line on that web page:

That would make me think it would work three times, not one time. So, this one, Adr1ft and one other cheaper game would make for some good options.
It means one copy per-title, maximum 3 titles.

How does Microsoft determine whether you qualify for the $10 gift card for use on the website vs. the 15,000 Xbox reward points? IS it based on how you approach pre-ordering the game at microsoftstore.com?
I'd bet the account you use is the determining factor. If your LIVE Rewards account has the pre-order on it, they'll figure it out.

[attachment=15172:111.png]

Says any at the top then select games in the fine print.

Although the selection should technically be 'any' since they already said that.

The $10 shows next to the titles in the search

Also I'm guessing the 15,000 points thing isn't for in store?

I will field this one. Blast Corps holds up very well. There really isn't any puzzle game like it that I have played since. An N64 puzzle classic up there with Space Station Silicon Valley. I play classic games quite a bit but never owned Jet Force Gemini when I was younger. I've played it since but I just cant get into it. It's very bland.
Space Station Silicon Valley... :drool: , man I would love to get a re-freshed version of that to play. Hell, even Body Harvest... imagine if they ever used the GTA engine to do another. Too bad Rockstar acts like the DMA era never existed

I have never paid attention to the Xbox Rewards program.  Does 15,000 rewards mean that i'll get $15 in XBL funds automatically put on my account due to the pre-order?  Also, what if I don't want to choose this option and would prefer the $10 Microsoft store credit (which could be a better deal)?  Is there a way to choose which one you want?  Lastly, does this mean that Adr1ft is $20 with $15 in XBL finds?  That's a pretty nice deal, if so.

I would of LOVED to see the Wizards & Warriors series from the NES make the cut. Is there enough other games not included that they could come out with a Rare Replay Volume 2?
Tons from their Spectrum and NES days. Very few past that, though (outside of second party licensed games). They definitely hit most of the high notes here.

Can anyone confirm whether the 15,000 reward credit promo applies to digital pre-orders as well as physical?

I was thinking of getting of getting a PS4 on BF, to play 2 Japanese games. I still do, but when they announced Rare Replay, I started to consider getting an XBOne. The question is, can I be able to justify a purchase of a new system, for a game collection? I faced this with the Wii U, only it was 2 games (MK9, & SSB:B), I said at the time, "no." Although, there would be more games that I'll be more interested in playing at this time on the PS4/XBOne, then on the Wii U.

I shall see come November.

How does Microsoft determine whether you qualify for the $10 gift card for use on the website vs. the 15,000 Xbox reward points? IS it based on how you approach pre-ordering the game at microsoftstore.com?
They go by the account used to order the games. If you order using an email address tied to an awards account, you get the 15,000 points which convert to $15 in your Xbox Live wallet. And the $10 code isn't $10 to spend in the Microsoft store website. It's a code that adds $10 to your Xbox Live wallet.

I have never paid attention to the Xbox Rewards program. Does 15,000 rewards mean that i'll get $15 in XBL funds automatically put on my account due to the pre-order? Also, what if I don't want to choose this option and would prefer the $10 Microsoft store credit (which could be a better deal)? Is there a way to choose which one you want? Lastly, does this mean that Adr1ft is $20 with $15 in XBL finds? That's a pretty nice deal, if so.
You don't get the $15 added automatically. First, they deposit the 15,000 points into your rewards account. And that process can take a while. I preordered GTA V, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo: MCC last year when they ran this promotion, and it took about a week for it to go through for each game. After the points are deposited, you then have to wait for the points to be cashed in. They do that twice a month, once around the 15th and once again around the 30th. While it IS a longer process, you're better off taking the $15 since, as I mentioned in my other reply in this post, the $10 isn't a gift card for their online store, but is a code that gives you $10 on Xbox Live. Though, should you prefer the instant email $10 code instead of waiting for the points to be deposited and be cashed in, I suppose the only way to do that would be to order with an email that isn't tied to a rewards account.

Can anyone confirm whether the 15,000 reward credit promo applies to digital pre-orders as well as physical?
I can't confirm firsthand, but I would bet money it does not. The T&C specifically mention buying games through the Microsoft store. There's no mention of digital preorders.

I would of LOVED to see the Wizards & Warriors series from the NES make the cut. Is there enough other games not included that they could come out with a Rare Replay Volume 2?
I would LOVE this, even though I own W&W3. Also, I like Ironsword and the original.

W&W3 was ahead of its time but Rare doesn't own the rights, Infogames or Infogrames does. Maybe rights have defaulted back to Rare. I haven't seen anyone do anything with the W&W series, esp. reissuing Visions Of Power.

Sorry if this has been asked, but is there any indication that this deal will extend to digital pre-orders? I'm generaly not a slob when it comes to switching discs, but there's so many games on this that are good pick-up-and-play games that it would be nice to have them on the HDD.

Best game reveal of e3!

Jet Force Gemini and Conker??? Only $30?

Wow. Instabuy. Gift card with this deal is icing on the cake. 

I was going to pre-order Rare Replay from BB with GCU but I think I'll just pay the $30 and get the $15 in MS credit. Did it before with Halo: MCC and I don't recall it taking a long time to enter my account. As an achievement hunter, I'm curious what the full 10k list is going to look like.

I was going to pre-order Rare Replay from BB with GCU but I think I'll just pay the $30 and get the $15 in MS credit. Did it before with Halo: MCC and I don't recall it taking a long time to enter my account. As an achievement hunter, I'm curious what the full 10k list is going to look like.
Don't have a source, but word from K4rn4ge on TA is that only 4,000 of it will be newly available. The other 6,000 will be from games that were on the 360. And with 5 retail games and 4 arcade games, I'd say that potentially checks out. On one hand, it's a bummer that the trailer for Rare Replay was misleading in that way, but 4,000 GS for $30 still isn't bad either.

Don't have a source, but word from K4rn4ge on TA is that only 4,000 of it will be newly available. The other 6,000 will be from games that were on the 360. And with 5 retail games and 4 arcade games, I'd say that potentially checks out. On one hand, it's a bummer that the trailer for Rare Replay was misleading in that way, but 4,000 GS for $30 still isn't bad either.
If these are technically Xbox One games, wouldn't all of the Gamerscore be new? Sure, it might be duplicates of previous games on the 360, but I have a hard time believing you wouldn't get separate Xbox One achievements. There's no way Microsoft is going to have this game simply unlock 360 achievements.

They go by the account used to order the games. If you order using an email address tied to an awards account, you get the 15,000 points which convert to $15 in your Xbox Live wallet. And the $10 code isn't $10 to spend in the Microsoft store website. It's a code that adds $10 to your Xbox Live wallet.
I was referring to buying the game in-store instead of online, but:
  • In-store they have no idea about this promo, only the "$10 GC with pre-order" promo.
  • I have a $25 promo for the online store burning a hole in my pocket.
So I may just order it online.

This is the every day policy for any pre-order on any xbox one game.  You get a $10 gift card for each game you pre order. No limit.  You just need to put $10 down to hold the pre-order.  They are also offering $5 per xbox 360 traded in towards purchase of the pre order. Must have original game case.

soooo tempted to get an xbox one for this.. even though I already still own most of these games.. I even have memories of playing the Arcade Battletoads in an actual arcade..

There's just something so appealing about having all the achievements for the original Battletoads on my profile..

so tempted to get an xbox one for this.. even though I already still own most of these games.. I even have memories of playing the Arcade Battletoads in an actual arcade..

There's just something so appealing about having all the achievements for the original Battletoads on my profile..
Now may be a good time to get one. XBOne 1TB + Halo: MCC + free game ($59.99 or less which includes Arkham Knight) = $399 - 5% promo code = $379.05 before taxes. Plus cashback on Fat Wallet, & other sites. I've been going back & forth for hours on getting one myself.

FYI, I received an email from Xbox Live Rewards earlier today with this text in it:

Xbox Live Rewards said:
Can’t wait for your favorite games to launch? Exclusive to Xbox Live Rewards members, you can pre-order your Xbox One or Xbox 360 games through Microsoftstore.com and earn 15,000 Rewards Credits for each pre-orderable game that ships by December 31, 2015. You’ll not only get an extra pre-order bonus as an Xbox Live Rewards member, we'll throw in free shipping and have your game arrive on the day it releases.

Don’t wait; this offer is only available through Xbox Live Rewards and Microsoftstore.com. Order now to guarantee FREE release day delivery!

Important note: Make sure to use the email associated with your Xbox Live Rewards account when you place your order through Microsoftstore.com, as that will confirm delivery of your Rewards Credits once your pre-order ships. Xbox Live Rewards members qualifying for the Offer will not also qualify for the $10 Gift Card promoted on Microsoftstore.com.

Rewards credits only for those games pictured.
The link after that text takes me to a list of 71 games/accessories available for pre-order and this game is in that list. As confirmed by chat support, it is anything available for preorder at the link included in the email and NOT just what is pictured in the email. This includes Rare Replay and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (the two games I would consider pre-ordering in this manner).

bread's done
Back