Rare Replay $26 via Amazon with Prime

My preorder got canceled too, with an email subject line: "Cancellation request accepted."  Except I did not make a request. Call with MS was not helpful, rep thinks maybe payment issue, which is bs. I used paypal.

Not sure about game for now anyway, was tempted by the $10 credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm wondering how they can say it's pictured games only, but then the text clearly says "you can pre-order your Xbox One or Xbox 360 through Microsoftstore.com and earn 15,000 Rewards Credits for each pre-orderable game". In my copy of the email, at least, I see 4 pictured games, all for Xbox One. So it'd be kind of dumb to claim to offer a bonus on 360 preorders if no 360 games are eligible.

Oh well. I went ahead and ordered the Rare Replay anyway -- if I don't get the 15K rewards points I'll get the $10 pre-order bonus, either way that's better than the GCU discount (my usual source for new games)
Cause false advertising is A Ok to do now. I remember when the gov used to go after this bs its free game now.

I got the cancellation e-mail today and I didn't even do the $10 Cookie Crisp promo. Went right to best Buy website and pre-ordered it there instead. Won't pre-order anything from the MS Store again after this
amazon had rel date delivery n $4 off promo

I don't see why not.
From the Microsoft Store product page:

"*Valid until 12/31/2015, while supplies last. Valid for customers who pre-order a qualifying Xbox One game(s). Available in select Microsoft Online stores in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico). Must be 13+. After you pre-order, you’ll receive a promotional code at the email address associated with your purchase within 10 days of game being shipped. Use it by January 31, 2016 to claim your $10 gift card code. Limit one (1) $10 gift card per qualifying Xbox One or Xbox 360 game purchased. Gift card codes can be used for eligible purchases at select Microsoft and Xbox online stores (Microsoft Store excluded), and cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash. Taxes may apply. Gift card codes are subject to full terms at microsoft.com/en-us/giftcard. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders."

This part I'm confused about:

"Limit one (1) $10 gift card per qualifying Xbox One or Xbox 360 game purchased."

Do they mean per copy of the same game purchased or per different title purchased?

There's literally nothing else on their store that interests me at the moment and I want to use my $50 promo code from June's Xbox One deal.

From the Microsoft Store product page:
"*Valid until 12/31/2015, while supplies last. Valid for customers who pre-order a qualifying Xbox One game(s). Available in select Microsoft Online stores in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico). Must be 13+. After you pre-order, you’ll receive a promotional code at the email address associated with your purchase within 10 days of game being shipped. Use it by January 31, 2016 to claim your $10 gift card code. Limit one (1) $10 gift card per qualifying Xbox One or Xbox 360 game purchased. Gift card codes can be used for eligible purchases at select Microsoft and Xbox online stores (Microsoft Store excluded), and cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash. Taxes may apply. Gift card codes are subject to full terms at microsoft.com/en-us/giftcard. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders."
This part I'm confused about:
"Limit one (1) $10 gift card per qualifying Xbox One or Xbox 360 game purchased."
Do they mean per copy of the same game purchased or per different title purchased?
There's literally nothing else on their store that interests me at the moment and I want to use my $50 promo code from June's Xbox One deal.
Can you not buy a Xbox digital giftcard with the rest?

So here a recap of the past 3 days.

Friday night, I logged into my Paypal, & saw the authorization charge was canceled.

Saturday, I called MS, spoke to someone, who then transferred me to another representative. After being incompetent, she placed me on hold, until I decided to hang up, & call back. I spoke to a guy, who told me, the order wasn't canceled "the authorization went through successfully," & now all I have to do is wait until they ship my copy. He said that people who order first, would get their copies shipped before someone like me, who ordered on Monday. Yesterday, my order was listed as "in process." I was told he would "personally e-mail me updates." Until I have my copy, I don't believe anything they tell me.

Today, I logged into my CC account, & I saw that the pending charge, was dropped off. At this point, I have a bad feeling that is only a matter of time before the order gets officially canceled. It's still listed as "in process" though, but I have my doubts.

Never dealt with anything like this before, & it's something I don't want to deal with ever again. It's not fun, & it sucks for those who are getting the cancellation e-mails. I'll probably be joining that club any time now.

I'm dealing with the same BS as well.  Got the email stating that my credit card was declined and I had 10 days to rectify.  The same thing happened last week with my pre-order of Wolfenstien: The Old Blood.  For both games I tried all three credit cards on file but they all got rejected.  The only way to get the game processed was to use PayPal.  I did receive Wolfenstein but still have not received the $10/15,000 points.

Phone agent for the Rare Replay issue told me (after 30 minutes) that her boss had ran into a few similar issues that day with the game.  Chat agent for Wolfenstein told me I had to start another account and re-order the game.  Despite a transaction going through jsut fine a few months ago, it seems that pre-orders are a bit different and prone to site screw-ups.

Where is the chat support for the MS Store? Is there even a chat support option? I've been looking on the MS Store site, but I can't seem to find it. All I see in the contact us page, is the phone numbers, & I rather not call again.

I just placed an order using the only Golden Crisp coupon I could find. I see all the emails but figured I would chance it. No release day delivery though, ordering this late. Payed with PayPal so we'll see what happens.

Where is the chat support for the MS Store? Is there even a chat support option? I've been looking on the MS Store site, but I can't seem to find it. All I see in the contact us page, is the phone numbers, & I rather not call again.
It's at the top of their Support Page, it says "Live Chat". Not sure if it's always there though as it disappeared for me just now (might be because I have an open chat with them currently). I'll post a direct link to it if I can find it again...

It's at the top of their Support Page, it says "Live Chat". Not sure if it's always there though as it disappeared for me just now (might be because I have an open chat with them currently). I'll post a direct link to it if I can find it again...
No lie, I don't see anywhere. I even did a search for the words "live chat." Please do if you find the direct link. I've search on Google, & couldn't find it at all.

No lie, I don't see anywhere. I even did a search for the words "live chat." Please do if you find the direct link. I've search on Google, & couldn't find it at all.
I just saw that there is a "floating" Contact Us button on the right hand side of the screen. It says Text Chat Unavailable, so it must be something to do with operating hours or not enough agents available.

I just saw that there is a "floating" Contact Us button on the right hand side of the screen. It says Text Chat Unavailable, so it must be something to do with operating hours or not enough agents available.
Oh wowwwwww. I always would skip that button, instead finding the direct contact us link. Usually to make a phone call. Good job brain. Thank you for telling me. I asked someone, but didn't bother to tell me. Each one, teaches one.

TIL where the MS Store chat option is located.

In other news, made a phone call today to the MS Store, & I was told despite the Paypal authorization charge being canceled, & the pending charged being dropped, my order is still "in process." Not that I couldn't see that for myself. I was also told the pre-authorization charge was completed. Pretty much the same thing as yesterday. I guess now comes the waiting game. *fingers cross*

I was charged without notification of shipping as well. I chatted with support and they just said it's still in prep for delivery. 

Unfortunately, I won't be getting it on launch, which is odd since the XBL Rewards site lists free-release day shipping for pre-orders. I wonder what that's about. 

I was charged without notification of shipping as well. I chatted with support and they just said it's still in prep for delivery.

Unfortunately, I won't be getting it on launch, which is odd since the XBL Rewards site lists free-release day shipping for pre-orders. I wonder what that's about.
just more lies to steal business from other companies

Best buy has it cheaper than that with gcu
Prime vs GCU is about the same for me with tax at BB. Might just wait till this is $20 or $15 at BB as probably will be by black Friday. Would love to support rare but they are not doing anything good anymore for games...

Release date delivery is supposed to be guaranteed, so if they don't get this to us by Tuesday, they need to offer some kind of compensation.

But those are Remastered games. Rare Replay is 30 ports.
Actually, 29 of the 30 games are emulated. Grabbed by the Ghoulies is the only game that was actually ported. During the 7/29 Twitch stream, they mentioned they had access to all of the original coding, & they saw that the Xbox One architecture wasn't too different from what they had to work with on the Xbox. They also mentioned it will run at 1080p/60fps.

After watching this stream, Ive come to realize this isn't my cup of tea. Think Im going to cancel my preorder and chalk the Golden Crisp code up as a loss. I need to find another cereal and preorder Gears instead since BBY isnt doing any incemtives

Got tired of the all the bs with the Microsoft store and decided to just get it at Best Buy. Funny thing is, I went in there last night and they already had it on the shelf for sale. Took it up to the register, payed and left. When I got home I looked at my receipt and they only charged me $5 for a preorder!!! Got Rare Replay for $5!!!! Better deal than the Microsoft store!!! I guess they thought the case was a preorder display box or something.

Got tired of the all the bs with the Microsoft store and decided to just get it at Best Buy. Funny thing is, I went in there last night and they already had it on the shelf for sale. Took it up to the register, payed and left. When I got home I looked at my receipt and they only charged me $5 for a preorder!!! Got Rare Replay for $5!!!! Better deal than the Microsoft store!!! I guess they thought the case was a preorder display box or something.
If you were a true CAG you would go back and try and get the 50 cents back as a GCU member

I got an email from best buy today (in store pickup) that the date had changed and now it's listed for today instead of the 4th. Didn't get the come and pick it up email yet though.

Did you guys who have it ship just have standard shipping?
I selected the free standard shipping. And even though it says that my "Order in Process", I received an email from ups, that I have a scheduled delivery tomorrow from Microsoft.
I prordered mine last Thursday, using the cookie crisp $10 coupon and paying with my PayPal debit card.

Mine shipped with overnight as well. Anyone know how long it takes before we get either the 15,000 points or $10 XBL credit? Assuming probably not until the return period is over.

A few releases this week that look promising.

Reminds me of the time target didn't charge me for a ps3 on a black friday sale (though didn't realize it until looking at the receipt a few days later, a lot was spent that night), but since I enjoy my privilege shopping at these stores, ended up calling the store (which was in another state) and paid for it after getting a gift card with the amount from my local store. Was given a discount for being honest.

Order still shows as in process on the MS website but UPS My Choice told me I have a scheduled delivery tomorrow from them.  The label's been created but hasn't physically been shipped yet.

bread's done
Back