Rare Xbox 360 games

[quote name='AshesofWake']eternal sonata sealed seems to be getting original retail value on ebay, and used copies aren't that cheap...[/QUOTE]

Really? I picked up a copy a couple summers ago for around $20 I believe (I really wanted it) and still haven't gotten around to opening it.

Maybe I should sit on it for another year and see if it's any more valuable.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']It is def rare in the US currently no listings on ebay usually goes for around $60 tho.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it's rare here.. it was just never released here. It's about as rare as any other game that was never released here.

Print run should be more important than sales figures. Fatal Inertia didn't sell but are there alot of stores that are sitting on multiple copies that just won't sell for any price?

I have not seen a copy of Enchanted Arms since I got rid of my copy at GS. The first run came with a manga comic book. It was a terrible game (and I finished it) but might be worth something some day.

I watched my buddy play a good bit of Enchanted Arms, I thought it was a decent looking game if you can get past the voice acting, which might be the worst I've ever seen in a game.......well, maybe aside from "WHAT IS A MAN!?" in Castlevania SOTN :)

[quote name='Misframed']I have not seen a copy of Enchanted Arms since I got rid of my copy at GS. The first run came with a manga comic book. It was a terrible game (and I finished it) but might be worth something some day.[/QUOTE]
My local KMarts still have a number of copies (with the comic). I may pick it up if it ever drops below 29.99.

I bought a sealed copy with comic from ebay a few years ago at a good price......still sealed though. It wasn't a super bad game but not a great one.

the xbox 360 isn't the kind of game console that you'll find any kind of "rare" games on

all of those games you mentioned are limited editions, which are really no different than the regular edition of the game

beaut katamari is probably the least common game but it's not all that rare

the people at xbox are too smart to let a popular game be hard to find

you wanna talk about rare special editions of a game, think that metal gear solid 3 limited on the playstation 2

[quote name='intoxicated662']perfect dark zero limited edition and quake 4 limited edition are launch titles hard to find but don't hold much value. most of the things the op posted were editions no one wanted or people thought weren't worth the $.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up a sealed PDZ LE today at a closing HWV for $6.03 after tax. :/

Also, the Splinter Cell: Double Agent faceplate is relatively rare since it was only given to Ubi employees.(I got one off Ebay though for ~$25 a few years ago)

[quote name='georox']Know whats fuckin' rare? Halo 3 Legendary edition.[/QUOTE]

That's only because the assholes at Gamestop threw out all the bonus stuff after a while. They probably threw out several thousand sets of bonus stuff across the country...

Outside of collectors editions, the 360 doesn't really have any rare games. I haven't seen any particular game really ever hit more than $70-$80.

Now faceplates, there are some rare faceplates out there. I have a pretty nice Bioshock faceplate that was a promotional gift before the game released. I also have a WWE Triple H faceplate, which I don't believe ever were actually sold in stores.

It's probably best to let the console run It's course then find out what's rare.

The original XBox didn't have many rare games itself. Tho I noticed Madden 09 has stayed pretty high lately. KOTOR1 and KOTOR2 got boosts in their values, especially KOTOR2 I'm assuming with the latest Bioware craze. Steel Battalion has gone up and down, tho It was originally $200 new so paying half that or less now is still quite the bargain.

I can see games maybe like Raiden Fighters Aces and Deadly Preminition (yes that game) go up in the future considering they had budget releases at $20. On the PS3 and 360 the games are very limited as far as retaining value past 6+ months. Tho I see the Wii has One Piece: Unlimited Adventure constantly going for $50 and Metroid Prime Trilogy still holds It's value. Mario games usually do to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asterix at the Olympic any decent? I was thinking of giving it a shot from that site. I can't find any reviews online for it though.'

Screw it I ordered it.

A couple of my friends got together and chipped in ordered a My Horse and Me 2. They rent it out for a week at the college one of them goes to and made over twice what they spent on it because of people wanting the achievements on it so bad.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Asterix at the Olympic any decent? I was thinking of giving it a shot from that site. I can't find any reviews online for it though.'

Screw it I ordered it.

A couple of my friends got together and chipped in ordered a My Horse and Me 2. They rent it out for a week at the college one of them goes to and made over twice what they spent on it because of people wanting the achievements on it so bad.[/QUOTE]

Personally I hated Asterix. Too many collectibles and the guide online isn't that great. Some people report that the game glitches around the 80-90% completion mark, but I didn't have any problems with finishing it. I often have found that when people claim achievements or games are glitched or not working that it is usually something they are doing wrong. Don't get me wrong, there are glitched and unachievable achievements out there, but the communities at x360a & TrueAchievements are pretty good at identifying them and when you have 1000s of people who have not had an issue that means a lot more than a small handful that have reported 'glitches'.

One good thing about Asterix is that the price has come down alot since iNetvideo started selling it for cheap on ebay. I would say it is rare in that you can't find it in retail stores in the US, but it is not necessarily very valuable due to its availability on eBay.

Good idea on My Horse and me 2. I still can't believe people are afraid to purchase it. The price for it should really be closer to Asterix but people must be wary that the seller on ebay lists it as PAL.

I saw a Fable II LE at a closing BBV yesterday, but I doubt they had the original case, so even though it would have been $49 for the disc(s), it wouldn't have been worth it.

[quote name='Kerig']order it from Inetvideo.com if you want it: $8.99 + shipping new.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks I just picked myself up a copy. Always wanted to try this game but did not want to pay to import it.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The original XBox didn't have many rare games itself[/QUOTE]

There's a few. Conker new/sealed still fetches $100+, Jurassic Park Operation Genesis gets $50-$75, then of course the usual suspects that get anywhere from $20-$50 -- Sniper Elite, Fatal Frame 1, Madden 09, Alien vs Predator Extinction, Futurama, Jet Set Radio Future, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2, and the assorted Star Wars games (Republic Commando, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy).

If you're talking rare as in copies circulating, there's many that are rare - Barbie's Horse Adventures, Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, the Outlaw Volleyball and Outlaw Golf expansions that were only available through Blockbuster (Outlaw Golf Holiday Golf is the rarest XBox game in terms of press numbers but is readily available for >$20), Air Force Delta Storm, F1 2001, Kakuto Chojin (because of the recall), MK: Deception CE (Scorpion was limited to EB, Raiden was limited to Wal-Mart, Baraka was limited to Gamestop and Mileena was everywhere else), and several others.

This is a rare one ;)

My parents got this for me as a gift when they were in Korea last Nov. I am going this May and am going to try and track another one down :)

It was limited to 1000. Play-Asia didn't even carry the damn thing. Nor have I ever seen one pop up on Ebay. Perhaps this one along with the Dead Space Ultra Limited Editions are the most rare just based on print? However this wasn't available online like Dead Space was :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']This is a rare one ;)

My parents got this for me as a gift when they were in Korea last Nov. I am going this May and am going to try and track another one down :)

It was limited to 1000. Play-Asia didn't even carry the damn thing. Nor have I ever seen one pop up on Ebay. Perhaps this one along with the Dead Space Ultra Limited Editions are the most rare just based on print? However this wasn't available online like Dead Space was :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
[/QUOTE]
I hate you zxt! You had to go and brag about your MC2 LE again, didn't you. Hell, I've never played the game and not sure if I will ever get around to it, but I would jump on the chance to pick up one of those MC2 LE's so quickly. I guess I'm saying I'm not sure if I should :drool: or :applause:

[quote name='myl0r']I hate you zxt! You had to go and brag about your MC2 LE again, didn't you. Hell, I've never played the game and not sure if I will ever get around to it, but I would jump on the chance to pick up one of those MC2 LE's so quickly. I guess I'm saying I'm not sure if I should :drool: or :applause:[/QUOTE]

Thing is I am going to Japan & Korea next month. I will for sure be looking for another one. Might keep it might re-sell it... I dunno yet. :D

[quote name='depascal22']Battle Fantasia?[/QUOTE]

At the moment I would say no... Another year, once new clearance copies are gone, then maybe.

Outside of a few Japanese publishers that don't like to overprint games I don't think you'll find too many really rare games on any console this generation.

And this is coming from a guy who probably has over half the 360 games mentioned in this thread.

Jet Set Radio Future on the Xbox is semi-rare I hear? Interesting. But I do wonder, is the single individual copy the only rare kind, or does the double pack (that comes with some racing game and JSRF) included if not more?

I am pretty sure the double pack came packaged with the Xbox at some point, so maybe that makes it more or less rare?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Jet Set Radio Future on the Xbox is semi-rare I hear? Interesting. But I do wonder, is the single individual copy the only rare kind, or does the double pack (that comes with some racing game and JSRF) included if not more?

I am pretty sure the double pack came packaged with the Xbox at some point, so maybe that makes it more or less rare?[/QUOTE]

the double pack is worthless. Single pack is worth decent money.

jet set radio future single pack is not rare and no one should pay decent money for it when it's available at nearly every gamestop for 5-7 $

if anyone does want to pay decent money for it please pm me

[quote name='kyleboller']jet set radio future single pack is not rare and no one should pay decent money for it when it's available at nearly every gamestop for 5-7 $

if anyone does want to pay decent money for it please pm me[/QUOTE]

"Nearly every Gamestop", really? And in complete form? (And it would actually be $2 since its 3.99 with 50% off).

I just entered some big city zipcodes at gamestop.com and most were "none available within 100 miles of this zipcode". It's hard to find alright.

[quote name='kyleboller']jet set radio future single pack is not rare and no one should pay decent money for it when it's available at nearly every gamestop for 5-7 $[/QUOTE]I guess someone should tell eBay... Complete copies have gone from 11 to 19 dollars (before shipping) on eBay of late in auctions and someone even spent 30 bucks on a buy it now.

And that's really just the activity from the last few days...

So I think its safe to assume its somewhat rare.

[quote name='dinovelvet']"Nearly every Gamestop", really? And in complete form? (And it would actually be $2 since its 3.99 with 50% off).

I just entered some big city zipcodes at gamestop.com and most were "none available within 100 miles of this zipcode". It's hard to find alright.[/QUOTE]

you don't believe the lackies at gamestop actually do their job and inventory all the games they have in their stores do you?

also, your $2 quote means nothing considering the fact that you clearly can't even buy the game without driving over 100 miles. I bought the game a few months ago and the price was either 5.99, 6.99 or 7.99. the game was pretty terrible considering the original on dreamcast. point is that it's clearly a seller's market if you want to get your hands on the game

thanks for the heads up gentlemen, I'll be cornering the market of JSRF in no time

I got my Asterix at the Olympics. I don't think its that bad. I have been in the mood for this type of game. I'm only at the 60% mark though and if the achievements glitch I'm going to be ticked.

[quote name='pRINCESS-iSABELA']Add Test Drive Unlimited, rare title to find.
It's a fantastic game and highly under appreciated.[/QUOTE]

you know part 2 will be coming out right? the first one was damn near perfect, here's hoping every little glitch and detail is ironed out..it will be a day one buy for me.

As for TDU, rare, maybe, definitely won't find it new, could find it in a dump bin at GS, I've seen a few, but never many..

[quote name='token2k6']As for TDU, rare, maybe, definitely won't find it new, could find it in a dump bin at GS, I've seen a few, but never many..[/QUOTE]Its about 15 dollars plus shipping so call it 20 bucks on Amazon right now... Used. (and that's with case and instructions.)

And, yeah, that game rocked! :D

A game that is a bit harder to find (not Very quite yet) and is still a bit pricey at GS used is:

Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon

Still $34.99 at GS and from what I gather had a low print run.

[quote name='freshzen']I don't think that My Horse & Me 2 game actually exists.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Oh it exists, and it is every bit as good as you would expect it to be!

[quote name='Kevlar281']The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion before the rating was changed?[/QUOTE]

I have the old copy of oblivion that is rated T anyone know how much it goes for?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']This is a rare one ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Is that region free with English support?

I'm gonna bump this thread.

Also, I'm thinking about buying Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition when it comes out, because the first 2 fetch over $250 on Amazon right now.

[quote name='cynicalaa22']Also, I'm thinking about buying Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition when it comes out, because the first 2 fetch over $250 on Amazon right now.[/QUOTE]Getting the CE without a doubt as I own the other two. ;)

bread's done
Back