Rare xbox games

[quote name='depascal22']Well that sucks. I just got rid of Iron Phoenix for 10 bucks. Not too sad about it though. The game was horrible.[/quote]

I heard it was good and i plan to get it soon.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I should mention again that Blockbuster had Outrun 2 for $15 complete, and It's $20 new. I picked up a used complete copy in a heart beat.

It also appears they are marking down Splinter Cell Double Agent to $10 used, but it was a disc only copy that had some big scratchs so I passed.[/quote]

Outrun for 15$? I bought the game for 4.99 and its new for 7.99 You got rip.

[quote name='Vega$']I heard it was good and i plan to get it soon.

Outrun for 15$? I bought the game for 4.99 and its new for 7.99 You got rip.[/QUOTE]

Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast for $5 new?!?!? It goes on eBay alone for $40+ new, and used copies usually end up ATLEAST $25. I ment to type in 2006: coast to coast for the XBox. So I did a typo, or your just a really lucky son of a bitch.

Yeah It's hard to find.

I have to go on Live and check how many registered users there are, but they also count the PAL users from the UK, and the game is much more common in the UK.

However, in the US the last report I read was 3,000 copies or less and mainly Blockbusters were the only ones to carry them. Infact Blockbuster is the only place where I have seen it as common ground. I've been to dozens of gamestops/eb's and NEVER seen this game used and a few people glared at me for asking (and the last time that happened was when I asked for a copy of Suikoden 2) It might even be less then that in the US but I'm not 100% sure. The thing is It's actually in demand to, unlike the other "rare" games. It's constantly being bid on eBay, and what may look like a 10$ auction ends up being 30$ in the wonderful land of "sniping" on eBay.

Anyways I loved the first Outrun and was glad to pick up Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast. I doubt they'll make a next gen Outrun but I'll gladly pick it up if they do, even if its a cheap arcade download for 400 points with cheesy achivements.

Outrun 3, sounds good. Lets hope they release it sooner then outrun 2. Also, i wouldnt mind seeing outrun 2019 remake on 360.

I see Outrun 2 C2C all the time at GS/EB. One store mistakenly put it in the inventory as Outrun 2, so it's 4.99 used. I already have a copy but it may be worth grabbing a second. I picked up one used copy of Coast 2 Coast at 4.99, the UPC/Sticker said Outrun 2. Other one is the same way, though I think it's missing a manual. Not sure. I'll probably grab it sometime soon. I've debated it over and over, it's been there for months.

I don't believe Steel Battalion is all that rare, it just is really expensive. The first edition is somewhat more rare than the second.

Indigo Prophecy is a bit hard to find, although it is quite cheap. Obscure is the only XBOX title I want that I have never seen before.

[quote name='radjago']On the other hand, I'm having a terrible time tracking down Exhibition Discs 6 and 7. I should have picked them up when were still in stores. The only copy I've seen is a disc-only copy of 7 at a local Gamestop, which has a "Generic Xbox Game" label on it for $9.99. No thanks.[/quote]

Yeah, those were two I had a problem finding. But they came in stock on Ebgames.com before Gamestop changed it last year, so grabbed both of them with the case & manual w/ 25% off & free shipping. Kinda shocked that Vol. 7 is selling for $9.99 used when it retailed for $7.99 when it came out.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Psychonauts isn't rare but has seemed alot harder to find/someone to give up since it was BC.[/QUOTE]

Man, I've got to buy that game. I've loved all of Tim Shaeffer's games, and the concept of Psychonauts was brilliant. I beat it on a rental, but I must possess it.

Deathrow is becoming rare, and it's a great multiplayer game. Somewhat the same principle as the Mutant League games on the Genesis: if you can't beat the other team, just BEAT them.

I just found a copy of Balders Gate II at WALMART behind the glass for 29.99. Im not so sure yet. I did have a bitch of a time finding Knights of the temple II. Its a PAL game but plays without any problems on my HALO NTSC XBOX..the signal is also not an issue on a NTSC TV. Go figure.

Ive been scooping up as many XBOX games as I can. My latest was a mint complete Dragons Lair. I havent seen that in ages. Futurama is next.

I'm done with collecting XBox games for now. Got every single game on my wishlist with the exception of Splinter Cell Double Agent and Pandora Tomorrow. Making me a 140+ game loser for the XBox. Woo.

Yeah Obscure is hard to find. Forgot to mention that one. Pretty decent game to boot.

Scorch you need to grab those Outruns and plop them on eBay. If they are mint used you will easily sell them for $30+. New copies still go for $60+. And to whoever got a new copy of BG:DA 2 they also need to eBay it for boku bucks.

[quote name='radjago']The game doesn't matter as much as its rarity does to collectors. Also the game is probably the best Outrun game yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it offers alot more variety then the original Outrun did. Unfortunately probably won't see another form of Outrun unless they bring it to XBLA.

I've noticed many games here that aren't rare in my area. However some games like Iron Phoenix are brand new at my Gamestop but they're $50 new! (and probably display copies).

Kakuto Chojin isn't sold in stores anymore (except for FYE, I think they still accept copies) so it's difficult to find B&M.

[quote name='Rozz']I've noticed many games here that aren't rare in my area. However some games like Iron Phoenix are brand new at my Gamestop but they're $50 new! (and probably display copies).

Kakuto Chojin isn't sold in stores anymore (except for FYE, I think they still accept copies) so it's difficult to find B&M.[/quote]

See, I think I saw like 1-3 copies of Kakuto Chojin at the only Gamecrazy in this area(Hazleton, PA) and I've seen complete copies of Iron Phoenix at a bunch of GS brand stores around here. However, since they were used copies, I have no clue about the condition of the disc(s).

Oh and Monsta Mack, I have a near mint BG: DA 2, but in the event I wanna play it again sometime in the future, I'm keeping that gaming goodness for myself. :p

I really don't think Iron Phoenix is that rare, but it didnt sell many copies, so it's not that common either. I hear it's a pretty shitty game as well.

IAmTheCheapestGamer , I heard they're not supposed to sell copies of that game anymore. The funny thing is, I bought a copy of it in your area!

Outrun 2 C2C is definitely a rare game, I have never seen a copy of the XBOX version in any store, including Blockbuster. However, they're really not that many "rare" Xbox games. Marvel vs Capcom 2 I see show up all the time (abeit at outrageous prices) and Baulder's Gate is not hard to track down if you really want it.

See Rozz, that's like The Guy Game, which WAS banned in many countries I believe. I bought that game around here for $18 and change, when many places have stopped selling it altogether.

Gamestop still has it on its site(but it is backordered), but just because a game is marked to be pulled doesn't mean companies will stop selling it for that reason. Many will wait till they sell out completely, as they don't want to lose money on unsold copies.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']See Rozz, that's like The Guy Game, which WAS banned in many countries I believe. I bought that game around here for $18 and change, when many places have stopped selling it altogether.

Gamestop still has it on its site(but it is backordered), but just because a game is marked to be pulled doesn't mean companies will stop selling it for that reason. Many will wait till they sell out completely, as they don't want to lose money on unsold copies.[/quote]
Stores were instructed to destroy all copies of Kakuto Chojin when they still had new copies or cleared them out of their systems for 1 cent each. I think some people on here found brand new copies in dumpsters.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']just inappropriate content?[/quote]

Yep, that was why. Quote taken from Wikipedia, tells exactly why.

[quote name='Wikipedia']It was pulled off the shelves in early 2003 for offensive religious content, namely that it had verses from the Quran being chanted as part of the background sound effects.[/quote]

[quote name='Rozz']

Outrun 2 C2C is definitely a rare game, I have never seen a copy of the XBOX version in any store, including Blockbuster. However, they're really not that many "rare" Xbox games. Marvel vs Capcom 2 I see show up all the time (abeit at outrageous prices) and Baulder's Gate is not hard to track down if you really want it.[/quote]

i LOVE outrun and when outrun 2006 came out i had to go to 5-6 stores to find the xbox version. i think i got it from wal-mart. i should've picked up another copy when tower records was going out of business they had one left for $15.

Outrun 2006 is a great game. My only knock against it is that it gets a bit repetitive. Then again, it's more or less an arcade game so you're not really supposed to sit there and play it for 5 or 6 hours. I got lucky and found my copy brand new for 30 bucks about 6 months ago.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Outrun 2006 had a very low print run[/quote]
How do you know? I thought print run #'s are never released to the public.Or are you just generalizing due to the fact that the game may be "hard to find"? Because I always curious about the print run of certain games but was told that info would never be available to the general public.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']How do you know? I thought print run #'s are never released to the public.Or are you just generalizing due to the fact that the game may be "hard to find"? Because I always curious about the print run of certain games but was told that info would never be available to the general public.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember where the source was but I believe it was quoted to have just over 3,000 or under 3,000 copies US nation wide, and Blockbuster/Gamecrazy was the majority holder of such copies. This was mentioned here before and the disreputable nefarious Gamefaqs several times. Someone even mentioned it was supposed to eventually go PS2 exclusive, but copies were already released on US shelves for the XBox and even more copies of it were produced in Europe.

Spikeout: Battle Street had APPROXIMATE numbers released to the public at one time, however, it was re-printed due to demand (despite the low ratings) and the value went way down (I still have a copy sealed over that fiasco :p)

Hell let me quote myself from 2006!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42935

Quote:

Collector’s item?

Apparently SpikeOut: Battle Street will be released in very limited quantities and will be exclusively available via EBGames. We’ve heard that most stores will only receive TWO copies which will immediately make the game a collector’s item. The total run of the game will only be approximately 3,600 copies. Sega lovers better be on the lookout come March 29th or you might be S.O.L.

Just a heads up for the Sega freaks out there. I personally pre-ordered two copies. It's onmly $29.99. Grab it while you can.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But, the question is WHY were they ordered destroyed or recalled? A bad glitch or just inappropriate content?[/QUOTE]

From Gamespot:

GameSpot has learned that Kakuto Chojin, DreamFactory's Xbox fighting game, has been recalled from store shelves in Japan and North America. Microsoft of Japan has told several news outlets that the reason for the recall stems from religious references made throughout the game that could be seen as offensive.

I believe Monster 4x4 world Circuit is rare. After a year, I finall found a used copy at GS (and I have about 15 in my area).

Also, Shattered Union if it hasn't been mentioned

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']How do you know? I thought print run #'s are never released to the public.Or are you just generalizing due to the fact that the game may be "hard to find"? Because I always curious about the print run of certain games but was told that info would never be available to the general public.[/quote]

Theres no real source for print run #'s. It would be great if there were tho.

Sometimes a printrun # will be quoted in a magazine, or website, interview with the publisher, etc. But even that is rare.

But for sure Outrun 2006 C2C is a rare game. I started looking for it the moment it came out, and still have never seen it in a EB/GS, Walmart, Target, CC, or anywhere else games are normally sold. I had to get my copy used from Gamefly.

EB had Futurama on their site for 24.99 last night.. after debating about it for 10 minutes, I went to get it and it was gone. And seriously, this was like at 4am.. i'm never going to get that game.. gah!!!

[quote name='PocariSweat']What about Land of the Dead and Robocop? Are they rare or just uncommon. I know they are both ghastly.[/quote]
Land of the Dead is uncommon, I haven't seen it for under $19.99, it's not even worth $5. I see Robocop quite often.

Ok, a local game store of mine has Futurama the game for $34.99 (not gamestop), do you think I should jump on this, I wouldn't doubt the value of the game skyrocketing around the time the series comes back on the air. I'm also a huge Futurama fan, so just give me a suggestion, thanks.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Ok, a local game store of mine has Futurama the game for $34.99 (not gamestop), do you think I should jump on this, I wouldn't doubt the value of the game skyrocketing around the time the series comes back on the air. I'm also a huge Futurama fan, so just give me a suggestion, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I don't think the game is worth even half that given that its a painfully generic platformer but if you're a Futurama fan anyway, might as well I guess cause its only gonna go up in value.

[quote name='Starkraving']When the Xbox version of Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast was first released, I don't ever recall seeing it new in any B&M. It seems this game was primarily released for those Sony PSP and Playstation owners who never got the chance to play Outrun 2 (which was, at least in terms of console games, exclusive to Xbox). You can still find the Sony versions easily, but the Xbox version of 2006, while not impossible to find, is steadily rising in value. I have held onto both versions of Outrun for the Xbox, since while 2006 has twice the tracks, the original iteration has different menus and (I think) some different modes.

One game that I rarely see for Xbox is the Toe Jam and Earl game. While I heard it wasn't great, I missed my chance to get it about a year ago and am still kicking myself.

When it comes to rare console games, I am typically much more interested in the rare games which were exclusives for that system, or games that had a significant graphical advantage.[/QUOTE]

I purchsed it new at Meijer and sold it to Game Rush.

[quote name='Starkraving']When the Xbox version of Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast was first released, I don't ever recall seeing it new in any B&M. It seems this game was primarily released for those Sony PSP and Playstation owners who never got the chance to play Outrun 2 (which was, at least in terms of console games, exclusive to Xbox). You can still find the Sony versions easily, but the Xbox version of 2006, while not impossible to find, is steadily rising in value. I have held onto both versions of Outrun for the Xbox, since while 2006 has twice the tracks, the original iteration has different menus and (I think) some different modes.

One game that I rarely see for Xbox is the Toe Jam and Earl game. While I heard it wasn't great, I missed my chance to get it about a year ago and am still kicking myself.

When it comes to rare console games, I am typically much more interested in the rare games which were exclusives for that system, or games that had a significant graphical advantage.[/QUOTE]

I found TJ&E today at GameCrazy for $7.99. I picked it up because I thought it was backwards compatible with the 360 but it isn't. I guess I'll be waiting a while to play it :(

I just snagged a brand new couple of Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. I know that game is rare for sure...

bread's done
Back