Rarest game you've seen in a retail store?

After shelling out $50 for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on ebay, I found not one, but two copies of the game, mint condition, in two different gamestops. wtf

And on top of that, two weeks ago i found a mint lunar 1, lunar 2 (complete with pendant) and grandia at a gamestop. Along with Castlevania, I bought all 4 for $105.

With the release of Grandia III, the grandia 1 price on ebay has shot up significantly, from about $25 before to around $50 after the release. thats why im trying to find a disgaea to sell when disgaea 2 is released this summer

I picked up a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for $150 perfect condition at a store in Kansas City. $150 is expensive but a decent price compared to ebay prices. Only time i have ever seen the game.

I also got Dragon Warrior III for NES and Dragon Warrior IV like new complete and in perfect condition at an EB Games about 1 yr ago or so. Great Find, the didn't even look like they had been touched.

[quote name='schuerm26']I also got Dragon Warrior III for NES and Dragon Warrior IV like new complete and in perfect condition at an EB Games about 1 yr ago or so. Great Find, the didn't even look like they had been touched.[/QUOTE]

NIce..

I also found a mint copy of DW II NES at EB too... It's not really rare... but I would love to get IV...

Yeah, when i got them the cashier told me that some guy had brough in his whole collection. She said there were about 50 of them originally, all complete in perfect condition. There weren't that many left when i got there but i got a couple other complete games while i was there. I also got Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers 2 at the same time. It's a pretty rare game. Those were the only 3 rare ones left. The rest were common but i bought some because they were complete and in perfect shape.

I hate to threadcrap, but this is a tangent that seems suitable to the topic at hand. Is anyone else getting tired of hunting "rare" games? Or better yet, talking about "rare" games? I mean.. how many times do I need to see the words Panzer Dragoon Saga or Lunar II or Valkyrie Profile before I just don't care anymore...

Oh and working at EB, I saw just about every rare game possible.. so maybe I'm just jaded.

Feel free to flame.

Out of curiousity, how rare is Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and Strider 2 for PSX? Was wondering because looked them up and they sell for 30 and 20 used, respectivly...

I ran into about 20+ copies of Shenmue 2 (Jap) for Dremcast, right after it came out, each marked for $4.99 at a local Discount store in Missouri. They buy damaged packages and sell for cheap. I tried telling my mom that we could sell them to someone/gamestore/ebay, but she didn't listen. A week later, I saw about half of the stock at a local import shop, selling for $90 a piece. Pff, makes me mad.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']I hate to threadcrap, but this is a tangent that seems suitable to the topic at hand. Is anyone else getting tired of hunting "rare" games? Or better yet, talking about "rare" games? I mean.. how many times do I need to see the words Panzer Dragoon Saga or Lunar II or Valkyrie Profile before I just don't care anymore...

Oh and working at EB, I saw just about every rare game possible.. so maybe I'm just jaded.

Feel free to flame.[/QUOTE]

I get sick of the hunt when every single rare game that goes into an EB / GS goes straight into an employee hold drawer.

Either that, or they are disc only, scratched to hell.

A Gamestop that just opened yesterday has Tales of Destiny 2 in stock, I had called a few days before they even opened plus the days they have opened to hear "Nope, don't have it, bye" without even looking. Pretty funny that the store locator updated taking off the games I bought yesterday, while ToD 2 still remains.

I'm just venting because it is one of the few games I need to finish my PS One RPG collection.

MvC2 at Blockbuster for $15, I bought it.
Tactics Ogre at the same BB for $6, bought that too. Disc only though. ;_;

bread's done
Back