rarest gamecube game?

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='Ebraum']Thanks CC sale !!

REcube1.jpg
[/quote]

God I hate you :evil: j/k
Jealous definatly[/quote]

I definitely hate you with no j/k afterward. I just need RE 2, but I have looked everywhere.[/quote]

I too have all 5 RE games for cube. 8)

I was able to get RE2 off Capcom's website for $29.99 with free shipping back in May when I heard it was getting hard to find. Boo ya.

i picked up RE 2 yesterday for 29.99 in probably the best condition that i've seen a used game. its a hard game to find at B&M stores but once you find it you can get it a pretty decent price.

[quote name='buddy the puppy'][quote name='trunks982']super squeezed monkey nuts? never heard of it. u serious that they have that such game? what is it about and who developed/published it?[/quote]

I think someone needs to pass some smelling salts or something to trunks982. :shock:[/quote]

lol

[quote name='buddy the puppy'][quote name='trunks982']super squeezed monkey nuts? never heard of it. u serious that they have that such game? what is it about and who developed/published it?[/quote]

I think someone needs to pass some smelling salts or something to trunks982. :shock:[/quote]

I think somebody needs a sarcasm detector. I hear Professor Frink is still making them on request.

[quote name='Gameboy415'][quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='Ebraum']Thanks CC sale !!

REcube1.jpg
[/quote]

I definitely hate you with no j/k afterward. I just need RE 2, but I have looked everywhere.[/quote]

I was able to get RE2 off Capcom's website for $29.99 with free shipping back in May when I heard it was getting hard to find. Boo ya.[/quote]

Dammit! Even Capcom is shaq-fuing in on it!!!

http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=650044

[quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='Gameboy415'][quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='Ebraum']Thanks CC sale !!

REcube1.jpg
[/quote]

I was able to get RE2 off Capcom's website for $29.99 with free shipping back in May when I heard it was getting hard to find. Boo ya.[/quote]

http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=650044[/quote]

Wow, just ordered 5 at that price!!!

[quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='Gameboy415'][quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='Ebraum']Thanks CC sale !!

REcube1.jpg
[/quote]

http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=650044[/quote]

I can't believe it's for sale at that price. I thought they only put it at outrageous prices when it was sold out and or not coming back.
At least the shipping is free!

EDIT: I just sent them an email asking for an explanation of the price and whether it is actually available. I doubt they will respond though.

[quote name='trunks982']super squeezed monkey nuts? never heard of it. u serious that they have that such game? what is it about and who developed/published it?[/quote]

:rofl:

If anyone is looking for NCAA Basketball 2K3 I have three used copies of it. I bought them about 6 months ago at Ebgames.com for $14.99 each. I have been waiting for them to go up in price so that I can resell them. It was going for around $40 on Ebay last I looked. I am waiting until the beginning of the college basketball season and since EA is not porting their college bball game to the cube, hopefully this game will go up in price. If anyone is intrested, I will sell you a copy for $40, but I'm holding on to the other two.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='ViolentLee']Definitely Cubivore. Atlus only made about 5,000 copies. They actually needed to get special permission from Nintendo to publish so few of them.

Like most Atlus games, it's pretty good. Very neat concept of eating other animals and evolving into different forms. Bad thing is the graphics are literally N64-quality.[/quote]

1. Nintendo made it, Atlus just published it in the states.
2. It was originally an N64 game, hence the graphics.[/quote]

1. Do you mean Nintendo manufactured it or developed it? It was an outside developer who used to be a mainstay at Nintendo. As for manufacturing, Nintendo manufactures ALL GameCube games. That's why Atlus needed special permission.
2. Hence the term literally. I don't misuse that word.

I may be wrong, but Goblin Commander is not too easy to find for the Cube. I saw a few copies when it was first released and that was it.

Yup, i can confirm that too. GC Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde is tough to come by.

ViolentLee, do you have insight on how many copies Nintendo typically manufactures? Say on popular titles like MP2, or titles like Goblin Commander? Thanks.

wow its hard to believe theres only 5,000 copies of cubivore...i feel bad for all the cube owners that dont have it, since its an intresting game.

to put it in scope, castlevania chronicles (which is REALLY hard to find had a pressing for 20 or 30,000, its hard to believe a game would get a smaller pressing than that because 20k is already tiny....however id have to say castlevania was better than cubivore.

I'm not sure on the actual rarity of these GC titles, but I do know I've rarely seen them in stores:

Auto Modellista
Buffy: Chaos Bleeds
Conflict Desert Storm 2
Disney Sports Soccer (actually, most of the Disney Sports games)
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Goblin Commander
Gotcha Force
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer
Lotus Challenge
Pro Rally 2002
Samurai Jack: The Shadow of Aku
Speed Kings
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
The Sum of All Fears

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Yup, i can confirm that too. GC Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde is tough to come by.

ViolentLee, do you have insight on how many copies Nintendo typically manufactures? Say on popular titles like MP2, or titles like Goblin Commander? Thanks.[/quote]

I don't have that info, Mospeada. I only knew the Cubivore info because I have a friend who works at Atlus. That would be interesting information to find out, but I'm pretty sure it's closely guarded -- even more so than sales figures.

I highly doubt they only made 5,000, considering when the game first came out my local hastings had about 5 copies to rent and another 5 to buy. You're telling me that that hastings had 0.2% of all the cubivore games in existence?

[quote name='My Name Is BoB']I highly doubt they only made 5,000, considering when the game first came out my local hastings had about 5 copies to rent and another 5 to buy. You're telling me that that hastings had 0.2% of all the cubivore games in existence?[/quote]

I'm just telling you what I heard from someone who works at Atlus USA. And it's not "in existence," but "in the US."

Cubivore and NCAA 2K3 are definitely going to be among the rarest titles for the GC. I have yet to see a copy of those in person.

As for Rayman 3, I see it every now and then - I wouldn't say it's rare, but it seems to be scarce.

It would probably bother you to know that the Tower on Gateway (in Portland) had ncaa Basketball 2k3 for the cube for 14.99 for well over a month (since the clearance sale), I thought about buying it, but it looked resealed and I wouldn't have bought it to play it or intend to collect games based on bragging to possibly 2 (or is it 3) people in the world who would actually care anyways.

Cubivore can be found at some of the many Gamestops (the strip mall locations) all the time. Portland(and vancouver) is rather populated with games stores, it seems. Many games touted as rare on here I see around but with $ EB's 8-10 game stops, 8-10 gamecrazys, countless Fred Meyers, 10+ targets, etc, etc. (and a Fry's) Finding current gen games isn't much of a problem.

Many of those budget games are hard to find as many places don't carry them in the first place....
Ncaa Basketball 2k3 I have only seen a couple times, I would agree Buffy is scarce, Cubivore wasn't really sold outside of Gamestop and EB,... still these games don't even resell for their release price, and many of the afroementioned hard to find games are multi-platform which will prevent them from escalating in value too much in the long term, either.

I'm suprised nobody said City Racer. It was published by UbiSoft in 2003 with little to no fanfare, and the only place I've seen it was at the Gamestop closest to me. There are no reviews published by IGN, Gamespot and Gamespy for this game, which probably means finding a copy of this game was a pretty tough task (that, or just sheer laziness).

Transworld Surf: Second Wave is another one that had a quiet release, sold very little copies and hasn't been seen on many store shelves.

BVS: Chaos Bleeds is also pretty rare for the Gamecube, but I've seen this sold in a few game stores, so it's not scarce, just pricey.

Cubivore seems to pop up in my EBgames from time-to-time, but I already own one. I would say NCAA 2k3 is probably the toughest game to find right now, but PSO Episode 1 & 2 is really uncommon. Luckily got mine from a trader on TGN.

[quote name='float_on64']I can not find sonic andventure any where.[/quote]

It's not even remotely rare. Hell, I don't think any of the Sonic GC games are.

I'm having a hell of a time finding a Zelda 4 in 1 for less than $40, but they are all over the place.

I think Beyond Good And Evil is getting rare. It's one of those games that everyone will hunt for in a few years. total sleeper.

bread's done
Back