Rarest/Most Expensive PS2 Game Now?

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']I have a game called p.t.o iv. it's a strategy game but I've never seem a copy of it for sale besides the one I have.[/QUOTE]

Mmm, KOEI games, have you an snes Lord of Darkness? I guess most people who played these went on to be statisticians and never bothered to release the KOEI carts from their underground vaults.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Mmm, KOEI games, have you an snes Lord of Darkness? I guess most people who played these went on to be statisticians and never bothered to release the KOEI carts from their underground vaults.[/QUOTE]

I sold an SNES Lord of Darkness about a year ago for $30. It was in MINT complete condition too. Had it posted on Amazon for a year before someone finally bought it. I guess not enough statisticians out there.

[quote name='ducksoda7']Best find ever. Pre-owned copy of MGS Subsistence LE at Blockbuster for $15! I believe that was back in 2008.[/QUOTE]

Nice find dude!

Certainly not the most expensive, but those EA F1 games on the PS2 always seem to be up there and pricey ... i've managed to get F1 2002 and F1 Career Challenge (both complete) pretty easily :) F1 2002 was FREE, with the Gamefly free points thing, was supposed to get F1 2001 on Goozex but the guy sent 2002 instead and i settled for it ... F1 Career Challenge i got off ebay for 10 dollars shipped.

[quote name='CS_Mike']I sold an SNES Lord of Darkness about a year ago for $30. It was in MINT complete condition too. Had it posted on Amazon for a year before someone finally bought it. I guess not enough statisticians out there.[/QUOTE]

The game mechanics of some of those governor sims were fairly punishing. Instead of happy memories of blipping blocks with Mario you get to learn the harsh lessons of Chinese Peasant Famine, complete with emaciated pixel-people. :cry:

Ill add a couple

Disneys PK out of the shadows
Sitting Ducks
Adventures of cookie and cream

Im not saying you cant find them but they are scarce. Not really super valuable

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fleshmechanic']Not sure if it was mentioned before this but the fatal frame series are not only rare but run for about $30 USD used.[/QUOTE]

They used to be more valuable/harder to find, but gamequestdirect reprinted them last year, so they're a bit easier to come across than before.

[quote name='CaoPi']lol......I should get rid of my copy MM x collection seriously?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mega-Man-X-Coll...1000?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3caeeacc08[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but just because some people post it for that price HARDLY means it's worth that much. Take a look at the insane prices people ask for on Amazon for some old PS2 or even XBX games.

They can leave those up there for eternity (probably hoping an idiot will buy them), but prices are ultimately set by the market, and I don't see anyone in the market paying those prices.

Most NTSC PS2 games are not worth all that much (the lone exception might be MGS3 LE) -- there are a few others but nothing that fetches extravagant prices. MM X is not one of those games. It'll get a decent amount but certainly not what some delusional sellers are asking for.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Yeah, but just because some people post it for that price HARDLY means it's worth that much. Take a look at the insane prices people ask for on Amazon for some old PS2 or even XBX games.

They can leave those up there for eternity (probably hoping an idiot will buy them), but prices are ultimately set by the market, and I don't see anyone in the market paying those prices.

Most NTSC PS2 games are not worth all that much (the lone exception might be MGS3 LE) -- there are a few others but nothing that fetches extravagant prices. MM X is not one of those games. It'll get a decent amount but certainly not what some delusional sellers are asking for.[/QUOTE]

It looks like open copies are selling for around $60 on ebay. I'm glad I traded my GCN copy for the PS2 version. I think I'm just going to sell it and use the money to buy other stuff.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Rarest PS2 is probably Wizardry lol.[/QUOTE]

Iv'e been looking for that one forever! Finally found one on CL a week ago..mint CIB for $5!

I do have say that the first SMT: Devil Summoner for the PS2 is still one of the harder PS2 games to find. (EDIT: Hmmm...I'm a little surprised to see moderately priced used copies up on ebay. Maybe things are changing a little bit).

Has anyone else noticed that Gamestop has increased the used prices of FF-X and the two Kingdom Hearts game? I wonder why they did decided to do that? (Demand for those games increase?)

Apparently "Mega Man Legends 2" is more rare than I thought. On Goozex it's going for about 1050 points, and on eBay it's listed for $40-$75.

I have a copy that I bought when it came out and I NEVER played it. I think I forgot I had it. I liked the first one years ago. Maybe I'll play and beat it, and then get rid of it. 1050 points on Goozex is about what a new game is.

bread's done
Back