Ratchet & Clank: Up your Arsenal Beta Invite

Damn I didn't get invited and I really wanted to get into that. Stupid overlapping betas. Monster Hunter sucks too.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']i got the hot shots golf fore beta invite[/quote]

Didn't get that one - - if it's anywhere near as good as the previous games but with online, then it'll be pretty good.

[quote name='AGuth']I just recieved mine today from sony and signed up for it. Anybody else going to do this?[/quote]

got mine and signed up.

I've got the PS2 Underground thing. They sent me a certificate and an actually pretty neat PS2 game binder, but that was over a year ago and I have heard absolutely nothing from them since.

Are any of you guys that are getting beta invites using 56k? I hate having dialup, but the only broadband we have around here costs like $90 a month.

I'm doomed to slowness and no betas forever!

[quote name='Nogib']The Monster Hunter beta blows chunks. I really wanted into the R&C beta... ;_;[/quote]

no doubt. They have a lot of work to do. I wish I had gotten R&C as well. I would be playing it non-stop....

Would being part of this beta mess up any chance for the SOCOM 3 one coming up this fall? Is SOCOM 3 still even coming out this year? They still haven't provided any of the promised downloadable content and it's been almost eight months...

Just finished signing up for the R&C beta. All I know, is that when there is a beta available, they send emails. When they reach the 2000 cutoff, when you try to apply, it won't let you. It's happened to me once before with MH.

[quote name='Nogib']The Monster Hunter beta blows chunks. I really wanted into the R&C beta... ;_;[/quote]

complete and utter DITTO

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Where can you register at?[/quote]

you gotta fill out the thing for the PS2 underground. If you already have, beta invites come in your mailbox

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']Where can you register at?[/quote]

you gotta fill out the thing for the PS2 underground. If you already have, beta invites come in your mailbox[/quote]
Do they have a website to sign up, or do you have to use a card that comes with a game?

Sony doesnt invite me to do shit.

I joined the GAP when it first started, and i've been in playstation underground for years.

You HAVE to recieve an email invite to get in, correct? Also, what needs to be done on your profile to get these invites? I already check-marked that I have a network adapter, cable, and that I wanna beta test, is that all you need?

This sucks dick. I got invited to the shitty ass Monster Hunter beta, but not R&C. What a rip.

Monster Hunter sucks DICK.. please, everyone, don't buy that game when it is released. Capcom needs to be slapped several times for releasing RE:Outbreak and Monster Hunter. I'm a Capcom fan, but seriously.. what the hell?

new to the beta scene. I filled out my invite, and never recieved any reply. I was wondering if this was normal and if it is, about how long after filling out the invite do they send you your beta stuff

I JUST got my reply. A beta disc and Manual will be in my hands within 9 days. Yay!

More freebies...this will look nice next to my xbox live silver case and see through orange memory card.

this is going to be awesome. It looks like I need to go and buy a headset tonight or tomorrow

we gotta get some CAG'ers together for a match

only bad part is the beta test ends on 8/13 (my birthday)

EDIT:Also kind of errie the day I start to wonder if I am going to get a response from SONY I do

Just got my acceptance email for R&C. Sweet deal!

On a side note:
Would anyone mind explaining to me why the Monster Hunter Beta sucks?

[quote name='RisingZan']Just got my acceptance email for R&C. Sweet deal!

On a side note:
Would anyone mind explaining to me why the Monster Hunter Beta sucks?[/quote]

The gameplay is horrible, and the camera is worse. First off, you can't use the right stick to move the camera.... you actually swing your sword with the right stick. It's very bland gameplay, the are are long transitions for each very small section of land you fight in (called zones), it's just really stupid. I would offer to send the beta to you to check out, but there's only two days left in the test. It's a really crappy game that nobody should ever play or buy. Trust me. If you think Resident Evil Outbreak is bad, you'll actually want to shatter the disc and pee on the fragments.

[quote name='redgopher'][quote name='RisingZan']Just got my acceptance email for R&C. Sweet deal!

On a side note:
Would anyone mind explaining to me why the Monster Hunter Beta sucks?[/quote]

The gameplay is horrible, and the camera is worse. First off, you can't use the right stick to move the camera.... you actually swing your sword with the right stick. It's very bland gameplay, the are are long transitions for each very small section of land you fight in (called zones), it's just really stupid. I would offer to send the beta to you to check out, but there's only two days left in the test. It's a really crappy game that nobody should ever play or buy. Trust me. If you think Resident Evil Outbreak is bad, you'll actually want to shatter the disc and pee on the fragments.[/quote]

That reminds me, I need to start playing some RE:Outbreak. I bought the guide so I would play it more and then the CC sale hit and I have not gotten around to it

Is anyone interested in selling/trading their beta once the testing period is over? I'm a huge R&C fan and looking to complete my collection of R&C items.

[quote name='Scotty P'][quote name='Nogib']The Monster Hunter beta blows chunks. I really wanted into the R&C beta... ;_;[/quote]

complete and utter DITTO[/quote]

You know what's sad? The beta is pretty much the final game. It's already been released in Japan... the USA beta is pretty much testing the server loads.

Does Monster Hunter benefit in any way from the HDD? As much as I felt the gameplay in RE: Outbreak was a bit of a dissapointment, the fast load times of the HDD made it way more fun. I'm willing to forgive quite a bit if a game attempts something new...

[quote name='BigHow']Is anyone interested in selling/trading their beta once the testing period is over? I'm a huge R&C fan and looking to complete my collection of R&C items.[/quote]
Depending on how things go with it, we'll see :)

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='BigHow']Is anyone interested in selling/trading their beta once the testing period is over? I'm a huge R&C fan and looking to complete my collection of R&C items.[/quote]
Depending on how things go with it, we'll see :)[/quote]

Sweet. Here's hoping...

I've also got my fingers crossed for your triple pack of PS2 games on eBay.

:) i really only played them once each. ZOE was probably my favorite of the three though. playing baseball with a mech while shooting 100 missles is great!

On topic....Will this use a mic? if so i may have to trade some stuff into blockbuster or something. Hell, i havent even really played anything online with my ps2 yet.

Back offtopic...Is there a web browser for ps2 yet? i remember the guys who made the DC browser signed up for ps2.

I think you do need a mike to talk to your teammates. I can't remember if SOCOM is part of the CC deal, but maybe you can wrangle a decent trade?

And on the plus side, you can also go out and buy Karaoke Revolution!

[quote name='BigHow']I think you do need a mike to talk to your teammates. I can't remember if SOCOM is part of the CC deal, but maybe you can wrangle a decent trade?

And on the plus side, you can also go out and buy Karaoke Revolution![/quote]

I checked the one with the mic and it is not in the deal (I was hoping though)

oh. i just wasnt sure if it worked with the mic or not. great...Now i talk to my DC, Xbox and Ps2...and yell at my gamecube (Damn you viewtiful joe!!! Jump!!!)

hey! im an Insider! :) actually, ive been catching up with ps2 coverage since i just got mine a month ago ...so yeah, this is a good way to get me to play it more, other than the CC sale.. :)

bread's done
Back