Rather than Love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness.. give me the OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rocko']Two songs by The Mother Hips that are okay, but I'd rather get the old Oasis tracks, I think.

And Zero by Smashing Punkins.[/quote]

The Oasis tracks are straight buttah!

[quote name='Number83']The Oasis tracks are straight buttah![/quote]

Is that good?

I just found another video of one of Dilana's new songs, and this time it's from some local TV program and not a shitty concert recording. Yessssssssss.

[quote name='Rocko']...

Is that good?

I just found another video of one of Dilana's new songs, and this time it's from some local TV program and not a shitty concert recording. Yessssssssss.

[quote name='tiredfornow']What brand of dual layer DVDs should I be gunning for?[/QUOTE]Verbatims. They're pretty cheap too, less than $1.50 each if you find a good deal on them.

---

Dang.

62 missions / Just over 16 hours

I think I can make it?

Yeah, but the last 15-20 missions are supposed to get longer/more intense. I hope to get to 70 or 80 completed today. Multiplayer has been a total time sink.

---

A good deal would be 20 for $25 or $30, TFN. They run those in the circular every couple of weeks at Best Buy and Office Max.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Anyone else here who just got GTA want to comment on controls? Specifically the car controls?[/QUOTE]

They're great.

They give you a hand brake for a reason, Temp.

If you're driving around turning the wheel while holding the gas expecting for it to turn well, you're an idiot. Use your hand brake lightly to turn everywhere... I had no problem getting anywhere when I was playing and I didn't even fuck up and slam into 100 cars. :|

[quote name='tiredfornow']They give you a hand brake for a reason, Temp.

If you're driving around turning the wheel while holding the gas expecting for it to turn well, you're an idiot. Use your hand brake lightly to turn everywhere... I had no problem getting anywhere when I was playing and I didn't even fuck up and slam into 100 cars. :|[/quote]

The handbrake is why I revised my "sucks" statement last night, but on some cars, I find that using it causes my car to spin completely around.

I am getting used to it though. Like I said, I think I'm just not used to them yet.

The vehicle controls feel fine.

... and you're not supposed to use the handbrake to make turns.

I can't get that shitty "Run to the Hills" song out of my head, and I'm getting more nervous about my missing package........

You tap it lightly to keep your car in the lanes, Brak. Slowing down, then turning is lame. If you just turn with the stick, you always overlap the other lane and hit an oncoming car... especially in those tiny streets.

Budge, you've had Avatar for a week and you're just barely doing the cheesemints? #-o The mailmang already came, too.

[quote name='tiredfornow']You tap it lightly to keep your car in the lanes, Brak. Slowing down, then turning is lame. If you just turn with the stick, you always overlap the other lane and hit an oncoming car... especially in those tiny streets.

Budge, you've had Avatar for a week and you're just barely doing the cheesemints? #-o The mailmang already came, too.[/QUOTE]
I use the Left Trigger (the soft brake / reverse) while gassing or releasing the gas.

It makes for easier turns.

I'm imagining Temp is slamming the hard brake when he makes turns, hence him spinning out.

[quote name='dallow']I can't get that shitty "Run to the Hills" song out of my head, and I'm getting more nervous about my missing package........[/quote]

Superfail. That song is awesome.

[quote name='Brak']I use the Left Trigger (the soft brake / reverse) while gassing or releasing the gas.

It makes for easier turns.

I'm imagining Temp is slamming the hard brake when he makes turns, hence him spinning out.[/quote]

Possibly. In Saints Row, you can drive like 80 mph, and then take a turn with the handbrake without losing speed. Very unrealistic and very unlike the new GTA. It just kind of seems like every car controls like a boat. I don't remember SA or VC being like that.

That's because Saints Row isn't GTA IV.
[quote name='Rocko']I have 48 RB DLC songs. Holy shit.

That's $96 at $2 a pop. So I've spent a bit less than that.[/QUOTE]
That's ridiculous.

I've only downloaded the Queens of the Stone Age pack, and Last Train to Clarksville.

Jimbo, I found a guy with the co-op achievement.

He has under 5 minutes for Bomb da Base, under 7 minutes for Deal Breaker, and under 3 minutes for Hangman's NOOSE.

...It's going to be a bitch.

[quote name='Brak']That's because Saints Row isn't GTA IV.

That's ridiculous.

I've only downloaded the Queens of the Stone Age pack, and Last Train to Clarksville.[/quote]

No shit Sherlock, what i'm saying is that i'm used to SR, so I have to shake that off.

It's like if you play one FPS, and then go to some other FPS, and you keep throwing grenades when you mean to reload.

I've got 52 downloaded with Zero and I still need the Blondie/Police/Skynrd tracks from a couple weeks ago.

---

Dang, I think we might be able to get lucky and pair up if we do it at like 3 or 4 in the morning.

[quote name='Rocko']I have 48 RB DLC songs. Holy shit.

That's $96 at $2 a pop. So I've spent a bit less than that.[/quote]
Puts things into perspective.
They're making so much money.

l_bcb279eb3f8c1442fffa58a0339d2c00.gif

This guy makes me feel like dancing.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']No shit Sherlock, what i'm saying is that i'm used to SR, so I have to shake that off.

It's like if you play one FPS, and then go to some other FPS, and you keep throwing grenades when you mean to reload.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking it's more like when you play a critically acclaimed game and stink at it, and post on an online message board about how much it, the game, sucks, so you can feel better about how much you suck dick at video games... and once you - somehow - bypass your own brainwashing, and see that it's actually a quality title, but are too weary to go against your previous-flaming, for fear of looking like a blithering idiot who a.) was trying to hate on something cool, b.) was blaming their lack of game playing skill on the brokenness of the title, you fall back on, "Hmm. It must be my controller."

I think Sood has a severe to mild case of undiagnosed mental retardation, and masks it by saying that he's Jamaican.

[quote name='Brak']I think Sood has a severe to mild case of undiagnosed mental retardation, and masks it by saying that he's Jamaican.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Also, I can't understand a word that Jamaican guy says. I imagine that's how Sood sounds.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem, but that's probably because I hang out with Jamaicans a lot.

Bumbaclok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back