Rd 20: Zero Calorie trivia - win a DEW code!

joshingit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
246 (100%)
Since I can't win; I'm giving them away... First CAG to post the correct answer to the trivia question will be pm'd ONE Dew / Pepsi code. Trivia questions will be posted once a day at random times. I need fellow CAGs to pick their brains too, if I use your question and it goes unanswered for 24 hours, you'll receive the code.
Good luck smart asses!
Note: Most (99%) questions only have ONE answer; if there's another and is deemed correct another dew code will given i.e # 5.

# 20 - the internet is your friend.

Name any 7 (newsworthy good or bad) men who famously switched careers )(possibly mulitple times or just once) midstream. State their past and current careers.

# 15

Name the top (leading) four online reference sites used in 2003. In order from most to least used.

# 9 - I hate math...so today's is worth 2 codes. *Now worth 3 codes*

How many (more or fewer) possibilities does a typical mechanical lock have versus a combo lock? Closest noted estimation wins. Don't forget to show your work. ;)

*Hint: typical mechnical locks - used on vaults, masterlocks.... combo lock - they're usually 6 digits ranging from 0 - 9 + the # key.

:applause: Past Trivia and Winners:applause:

# 19 - winner djak1
Last seaon due to an oversight by the props master and directors, the set of 24 received an obscene amount of phone calls. Name who's (character) ringing phone and number which lead to this floodgate of chatter.

A: Phone number - 310-597-3781. It belonged to a minor character named "Debbie."

#18 - winner djak1
In a recent study it's estimated that everyday 'x' children skip school or pretend to be sick because of what? Find 'x' and state the problem.

A: 160,000 - bullying

# 17 - winner XxFuRy2Xx

Name the "lethal seven" most common bacterial and viral agents used in bioterror.

A:Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever | Nairovirus
Anthrax | Bacillus anthracis
Botulism | Clostridium botulinum
Glanders | Burkholderia mallei
Ebola | Filoviridae ebolavirus
Smallpox | Variola major
Typhoid fever | Salmonella typhi

# 16 - winner Lew Zealand
Name the 2004 -2005 television show and the digits that encouraged viewers to call to talk to cast and crew.

A: Scrubs, 1-916-CALL-TURK

# 14 - winner ajh2298
What inspired Salvador Dali to put the 'melting' watches in his celebrated 1931 painting, The Persistence of Memory?

A: In this picture the remains and super-softness of a Camembert cheese he saw after dinner when he stayed at home with migraine inspired him to paint the extraordinary soft watches

# 13 - winner RandomNPC
What (item) was banned from some US schools in the 1950's because it was thought to be (mean) rebellious / rebellion? Be very specific.

A: Levi's DENIM jeans

# 12 - winner ajh2298
Name the 5 approaches used to define the conceptualiztions of deviance.

A: 1. Absolutist Approach
2. Legalistic Approach
3. Reactive Approach
4. Group Evaluation Approach
5. A Synthetic Approach

# 11 - winner Mike Romano
Name the two most popular posthumous pop artists ever. Include the album title too.

A: Notorious B.I.G : Life after Death - 10 million
Tupac Shakur: 2Pac's Greatest Hits - 9 million

# 10 -winner djak1
Name three of the five former Air Force bases that were under investigation for possible buried radiological waste in 2003.

A: March Air Force Base in Riverside, CA;
Pease Air Force Base in Portsmouth, NH;
Carswell Air Force Base in Fort Worth, TX.

# 8 - winner Autumn star
12 year old females can legally marry (pending approval from a judge and the parents consent) in which TWO states?

A: KS and MA

# 7 - winner YoshiFan1
Name the piece of food made up entirely of seeds?

A: Strawberries

# 6 – winner Twiztidgear
Name the company and the product first to use a pink bunny in their ads.

A: Duracell battery, 1974- they were the first battery maker to advertise on TV. Ad featured pink bunnies with snare drums. 1989 - DDB Needham’s Energizer bunny campaign marched on to TV. (which is now considered one of the top 5 ad icons in the 20th century….)

# 5 – winners Mietha and Maddfrog
While in the Marines Lee Harvey Oswald was given 3 nicknames. Name em.

A: Ozzie Rabbit – popular cartoon character.

Oswaldskovich – leftist learning and obsession with the Russian language

Shitbird – for his poor marksmanship

# 4- winner Eurenix
In 2003 the CIA solicited a celebrity to appear in their recruiting video. The CIA film industry liaison claiming, “his/her participation would add a human touch”. Who was it?

A: Alias Star Jennifer Garner

# 3 – winner TripleH13
What are the names of the Original fab 5 for Queer Eye?

A: Blair Boone, Carson Kressley, Kyan Douglas, Ted Allen and Thom Filicia

# 2 – winner djak1
In 2003, China banned the commercials of 3 types of products, stating “(they) were likely to disgust audiences” during meal times. Name the 3 types of products.

A: Hemorrhoid medicine, athlete’s-foot ointments and feminine-hygiene products (sanitary napkins)

# 1 – winner Astinus
Who was the FBI deputy directory from 1999 – 2001?

A: Thomas J Pickard who later that year became the FBI acting director.

ya I can find condoms and cigarettes, but I can't find the 3rd. Maybe AIDS ads?

so I say cigarettes, condoms, AIDS ads

feminine hygiene product (sanitary napkins to be specific), hemorrhoids medicine, and athlete's foot product commercials were banned from Chinese television in 2003 :D

[quote name='eurenix']#4 Jennifer Garner[/QUOTE]

Sending PM

[quote name='TripleH13']Blair Boone, Carson Kressley, Kyan Dougles, Ted Allen and Thom Filicia[/QUOTE]

Sending PM now.

He was called "Ozzie Rabbit", after a popular cartoon character of the time. He was also called "Oswaldskovich" because of his leftist leanings, or less often "Bugs".

:D

Found on one website:

"Q: What nicknames did Oswald pick up during his time in the military?

A: He was called "Ozzie Rabbit", after a popular cartoon character of the time. He was also called "Oswaldskovich" because of his leftist leanings, or less often "Bugs"."

EDIT: One site that I found said that he got the name shitbird because he was a terrible shot.

[quote name='maddfrog']Found on one website:

EDIT: One site that I found said that he got the name shitbird because he was a terrible shot.[/QUOTE]

Pm'd

# 6 is up!

[quote name='Prepster']Dam Scorch got it, I think lol[/QUOTE]

Actually Twiztidgear did. 1974 - Duracell is the first battery maker to advertise on TV. Ads featured pink bunnies with snare drums. It wasn't until 1989 that DDB Needham's Energizer bunny campaign marched onto the scene.

Twiz you have a PM!

# 7 is up

What does it take to get sticky'd around here?

Pipian

"Pipian: Is quintessentially AZTEC. This mole is made entirely from seeds plus Ancho Chiles and seasonings. Based on pumpkin and squash seeds, it has a wonderfully "nutty" flavor. Use it to flavor any dish requiring a "savory assist." "

Rather than replacing your questions, could you add to it (in your original post). It would've been interesting to read what your previous questions were. Once the correct answer has been posted, edit your OP with the answer and then add your next question. Have your next question on top so we won't have to scroll down. It's just a thought, you of course don't have to do this.

bread's done
Back