RE 6 Anthology (PS3) / Archives (360) - $89.99 | Update: Preorder Bonus Announced

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
First time I've seen this mentioned. Really good deal for me because I only own RE5 and plan on picking up six at release. Please note that the other games and content are "digital copies".

Cost looks to be $89.99. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere else other then the Capcom store.

I'm not sure if it is an exclusive and the site mentions a preorder bonus will be annouced soon; keep in mind unless it sells out prior to release Capcom Store typically will include the bonus items until they run out, even after release.

PLEASE NOTE: The content in the PS3 Anthology version differes from the Xbox 360 Archives version.

See Below:

PS3

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil® 6 with the complete library of Resident Evil 1-6! Included in this PlayStation® 3 exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil® 6, along with digital copies of Resident Evil® Director’s Cut, Resident Evil® 2, Resident Evil® 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil® 4 HD, and Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition redeemable on the PlayStation® Network.
  • Resident Evil® 6: The newest chapter in the Resident Evil franchise brings three separate yet interwoven storylines together as they fight to survive the global C-virus outbreak. Blending both action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012.
  • Resident Evil® Director’s Cut - Return to the mansion that started it all! The S.T.A.R.S. Bravo team has been sent to the outskirts of a remote Midwestern city to investigate a number of grisly murders. Little do they know the worst is yet to come…
  • Resident Evil® 2 - The T-virus has consumed Raccoon City leaving rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield stranded in a city overtaken by zombies and powerful B.O.W.s (bio-organic weapons).
  • Resident Evil® 3: Nemesis - With Raccoon City crumbling, Jill Valentine’s last escape is stopped dead by a monstrous B.O.W. known as the Nemesis, who’s programmed to eliminate the last remaining members of S.T.A.R.S.
  • Resident Evil® 4 HD - The President’s daughter has been kidnapped and Leon S. Kennedy is on assignment and back in action in Europe to track her down and investigate a mysterious cult coming to power. Remastered in high definition, this Resident Evil classic has never looked better!
  • • Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition - Working together with his partner Sheva Alomar, Chris Redfield is sent to Africa in response to a report of parasitic B.O.W.s terrorizing the area. Also included are the 2 extra downloadable episodes “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape”, 2 bonus costume packs, the online multiplayer “Versus Mode”, and PlayStation® Move functionality.
Xbox 360

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil® 6 with the best of the Resident Evil® franchise. Included in this Xbox 360® exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil® 6, the feature film Resident Evil® Degeneration, and downloadable copies of Resident Evil® 4 HD, Resident Evil® CODE Veronica X HD and Resident Evil® 5 (with bonus Gold Edition content) redeemable on Xbox LIVE®.
  • Resident Evil® 6: The newest chapter in the Resident Evil® franchise brings three separate yet interwoven storylines together as they fight to survive the global C-virus outbreak. Blending both action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012.
  • Resident Evil® Degeneration (DVD feature film) - The deadly G-Virus is unleashed and a new mutated monster goes on the rampage. Will Claire and Leon be able to terminate the virus before history repeats itself?
  • Resident Evil® 4 HD - The President’s daughter has been kidnapped and Leon S. Kennedy is on assignment and back in action in Europe to track her down and investigate a mysterious cult coming to power. Remastered in high definition, this Resident Evil® classic has never looked better!
  • Resident Evil® CODE Veronica X HD - While searching for information on her missing brother, Claire Redfield is trapped on a top-secret Umbrella prison installation on Rockfort Island. Discover the beginnings of Umbrella Corp. and the dark family secret behind it all. Relive the survival horror nightmare in high definition!
  • Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition - Working together with his partner Sheva Alomar, Chris Redfield is sent to Africa in response to reports of parasitic B.O.W.s (bio-organic weapons) terrorizing the area. Also included are the 2 extra downloadable episodes “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape”, 2 bonus costume packs and the online multiplayer “Versus Mode”.
UPDATE:

Capcom store just released their preorder bonus. They are offering an Umbrella Umbrella with any RE6 purchase (appears it is also included with the Vanilla veresion); no pictures yet in the listing but I believe they are just going to be giving away this one:

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcom...oductID.169116700/Umbrella-Corp-Umbrella.html

It can be purchased for $16.95 standalone from their website. I currently own one and while on the cheap side it is kind of cool if you are a RE fan.

Keep in mind this bonus is only for ordering RE6 from the Capcom store (Digital River)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lupe guillotine']Come on Amazon, open up pre-order for the Special Edition since I don't want to pay $28 for Next Day Shipping via Capcom Store.[/QUOTE]
This. Amazon got the street fighter collection so hopefully they get this as well.

[quote name='waldo21212']Sure you aren't thinking of the Chronicles games? Those are HD ports of the on the rails light gun shooters from Wii.[/QUOTE]

Ya, seems like that was it. Could've swore I saw something about them planning to do RE 1-3 HD remake as well. Oh well, still a great deal though. Debating what platform to get it on.

Leaning toward PS3.

FYI - I bought RE 1, 2 and 3 when it was on sale for the PS3 and the games are ugly and the controls took a bit to get used to again.

I've still only played RE1 and haven't gotten around to playing 2 and 3. Strange thing is, I have them all on disc and still have only played RE1 on disc, the others are still factory-sealed.

Pretty cool, except most of us have multiple versions of each already lol

And no RE Zero?! For shame. Better than 1-3 combined.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Pretty cool, except most of us have multiple versions of each already lol

And no RE Zero?! For shame. Better than 1-3 combined.[/QUOTE]
Nintendo only. True re fans gotta have all systems.

I'd guess the REZero and REmake rights, much like the MGS: Twin Snakes situation, are co-held by Nintendo. So, I wouldn't expect to see Zero on a non-Nintendo platform anytime soon.

Totally forgot zero was a gcn exclusive :( lol Nintendo ended up getting the best RE and MGS remake. Who woulda thunk it

Ahhh awesome! I've been tempted to buy RE4 HD recently or maybe pick up RE5 again, but now with this, I can wait a few more months

No buy for me. Already have 5 and all the dlc, and Code Veronica X HD on the 360.

Would jump on the ps3 version, but it sucks they didn't do what they did in Japan. In Japan, they actually reprinted RE 1-3 on physical PS1 discs. That makes it an amazing collector's item.

This is actually a pretty kick ass deal for PS3 owners. Although I already got RE,2,3,4, and Code Veronica X on my PS3 and my GF owns 5 on the 360.

So not something I would buy.

Despite owning all of the original RE series games on the original systems, I would have gladly bought them all again here if they were included on a physical disc. No disc equals no sale for me.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Despite owning all of the original RE series games on the original systems, I would have gladly bought them all again here if they were included on a physical disc. No disc equals no sale for me.[/QUOTE]

While you all may like to call Capcom cheap perhaps they are just a few years ahead of the curve and are making an early transition to the all digital age of gaming? :lol:

[quote name='GBAstar']While you all may like to call Capcom cheap perhaps they are just a few years ahead of the curve and are making an early transition to the all digital age of gaming? :lol:[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say MaxBiaggi3 or many others was calling Capcom cheap here, just politely that digital isn't their preference.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']hmmm haven't heard anything on a drop for re4 or code veronica. I'll have to check this when o get home. Will definitely get code veronica for $10.[/QUOTE]

Should have clarified, I was talking about PSN prices for all the games I listed.

[quote name='ThomasTruong']I wouldn't say MaxBiaggi3 or many others was calling Capcom cheap here, just politely that digital isn't their preference.[/QUOTE]

I was just being sarcastic. Capcom is cheap. I too prefer physical over digital.

I feel like selling my RE5 copy at BB and buying this sweet deal XD
The only thing its gonna suck for me is downloading all of the games through PSN >.<
My internet is horrible so it would take me forever to finish downloading all of the games.

[quote name='waldo21212']Should have clarified, I was talking about PSN prices for all the games I listed.[/QUOTE]

well did tgey get a price drop on psn? Be kinda weird if they had a permanent drop and the 360 versions didn't.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']well did tgey get a price drop on psn? Be kinda weird if they had a permanent drop and the 360 versions didn't.[/QUOTE]

I just checked - it must have just been a temporary price drop when I picked up CVX for $10. I know RE4 was on sale when I grabbed it for $15, but I thought it dropped later but I guess not.

$20 for each on PSN still.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']well did tgey get a price drop on psn? Be kinda weird if they had a permanent drop and the 360 versions didn't.[/QUOTE]
I just checked on US PSN and CV is still $19.99 same with RE4

=.= What kind of crap collection is this compared to Japan's? At the very least the PS3 one could include RE4 HD, RECV HD on disc since they're all recent games rereleased for the PS3, and I know many people would want a disc version. I don't want/need the older PS1 classics, those have been on sale quite often; I think they gave them away as PS+ games too. Heck, throw in the Chronicles games at least, and I don't mind paying $100+ for it, I just want physical copies.

I actually don't mind this at all since I originally had RE5 on Xbox (Red Limited Edition system), but later traded it in and eventually picked up Gold on PS3, since it was all on the same disc. So now with this bundle, I would be able to get another [Gold] copy of the game on the Xbox this time and get RE4+RE:CV, which I never got around to purchasing, along with the CG movie. Sounds pretty sweet to me. :bouncy:

[quote name='Kitoro']I'm pretty sure anyone who's never played an RE game before will absolutely despise 1-3 and CV; the control scheme and core gameplay/save system has not aged well at all. In fact, I can't think of a single series that has aged worse than the original RE games ahve. :p[/QUOTE]
I swear, sometimes I think I'm the only one who loves those aspects of the older games. I'd love it if the newer REs played like the old ones.

Best Resident Evil games:

A tier

Resident Evil (Gamecube)
Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)

B tier

Resident Evil 0 (Gamecube)
Dino Crisis (Dreamcast)
Resident Evil 2 (N64)
Resident Evil Code Veronica (Dreamcast)

C tier

Resident Evil 3 (Dreamcast)
Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360)

I haven't played Revelations or any of the side-story games.

Also, if anyone's looking for a copy of the Gamecube version of Resident Evil Code Veronica X, I'm selling my copy.

The versions are different, missing Code Veronica on PS3 (which is weird), and all digital. This is actually rather lame.

[quote name='wEEman33']Best Resident Evil games:

I haven't played Revelations or any of the side-story games.[/QUOTE]
Should also note, not everything from the older games are canon anymore. For example...
I believe Wesker's body only disappears from the Tyrant lab in the Gamecube version, Lisa Trevor is not in Director's Cut and is important to the progression of the viruses, etc.
But you could play through these and look up Wesker's Report on youtube to help fill the gaps.

I'd also put RE4 at C-tier, but that's just me. :)

Fantastic deal for PS3 owners.

I'm in for one, despite Capcom's shenanigans as of late I can't pass this up.

Man I wish they would bring the wii games over to Another system. They didn't port the dark side chronicles did they?

[quote name='Brenex']Man I wish they would bring the wii games over to Another system. They didn't port the dark side chronicles did they?[/QUOTE]
Its coming to the PS3 in HD this month via PSN. RE: Chronicles HD Collection contains both Wii games with trophy and Move support

Went ahead and locked in a preorder for the :360: version on Amazon. I already own the superior versions of RE1-3 so having a digital copy of them on the PS3 didn't appeal to me. If Capcom offers a decent preorder bonus I will swap my order to them.

[quote name='Havok83']Its coming to the PS3 in HD this month via PSN. RE: Chronicles HD Collection contains both Wii games with trophy and Move support[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

I'm waiting for the Japanese version (hopefully it comes out). Usually when Japan does their collections they give you physical copies and a nice box

So I haven't been as active here as of late, but I must ask: Why all the hatred for digital copies? If you don't already own the games, why is this a dealbreaker? Does it just come down to hard drive space? I have a 120GB hard drive on both my 360 and PS3, but haven't run in to any storage issues except when I try to install a bunch of my disc based games. Not trying to go off topic here; I'm just a little confused.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']So I haven't been as active here as of late, but I must ask: Why all the hatred for digital copies? If you don't already own the games, why is this a dealbreaker? Does it just come down to hard drive space? I have a 120GB hard drive on both my 360 and PS3, but haven't run in to any storage issues except when I try to install a bunch of my disc based games. Not trying to go off topic here; I'm just a little confused.[/QUOTE]

There is more collectible value in physical media; plus is is supporting a bad trend. The more people become okay with buying digital media the more publishers are going to release digital content and then we get that much closer to consoles that no longer play physical media

I have most of the old school Resident Evils already on PS1/PS2/digital. Already have RE5:Gold Edition on PS3.

So I might get the 360 version when it is cheaper since I don't have updated/digital versions of RE4 and RE:CV.

Edit: Just noticed RE: Degeneration movie, already have that on DVD. Might pass on day one purchase of this for sure now.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']So I haven't been as active here as of late, but I must ask: Why all the hatred for digital copies? If you don't already own the games, why is this a dealbreaker? Does it just come down to hard drive space? I have a 120GB hard drive on both my 360 and PS3, but haven't run in to any storage issues except when I try to install a bunch of my disc based games. Not trying to go off topic here; I'm just a little confused.[/QUOTE]

Because a piece of paper with a one time use code is not nearly as collectible as a physical copy of the game. I can go download all this myself and have the same thing. If it was a nice boxset with all the discs, it would actually be different, and be a collectors piece.

Really on the fence about this. On one hand, having all those games is a pretty sweet deal! But on the other, I'm not likely to play the older titles all that much. As much as I want to, doubt I'll enjoy those controls.

[quote name='kburns10']Really on the fence about this. On one hand, having all those games is a pretty sweet deal! But on the other, I'm not likely to play the older titles all that much. As much as I want to, doubt I'll enjoy those controls.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know what the difference is between all the PS versions and the Wii version of the older games that came out a few years back?

Would this be worth it if you have all the Wii games? I have CV and a few other on PS2 too.

Capcom needs to realize that a lot of gamers don't have time to play games anymore, but we do have time to occasionally glance at huge shelves of physical media.

bread's done
Back