RE 6 Anthology (PS3) / Archives (360) - $89.99 | Update: Preorder Bonus Announced

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
First time I've seen this mentioned. Really good deal for me because I only own RE5 and plan on picking up six at release. Please note that the other games and content are "digital copies".

Cost looks to be $89.99. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere else other then the Capcom store.

I'm not sure if it is an exclusive and the site mentions a preorder bonus will be annouced soon; keep in mind unless it sells out prior to release Capcom Store typically will include the bonus items until they run out, even after release.

PLEASE NOTE: The content in the PS3 Anthology version differes from the Xbox 360 Archives version.

See Below:

PS3

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil® 6 with the complete library of Resident Evil 1-6! Included in this PlayStation® 3 exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil® 6, along with digital copies of Resident Evil® Director’s Cut, Resident Evil® 2, Resident Evil® 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil® 4 HD, and Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition redeemable on the PlayStation® Network.
  • Resident Evil® 6: The newest chapter in the Resident Evil franchise brings three separate yet interwoven storylines together as they fight to survive the global C-virus outbreak. Blending both action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012.
  • Resident Evil® Director’s Cut - Return to the mansion that started it all! The S.T.A.R.S. Bravo team has been sent to the outskirts of a remote Midwestern city to investigate a number of grisly murders. Little do they know the worst is yet to come…
  • Resident Evil® 2 - The T-virus has consumed Raccoon City leaving rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield stranded in a city overtaken by zombies and powerful B.O.W.s (bio-organic weapons).
  • Resident Evil® 3: Nemesis - With Raccoon City crumbling, Jill Valentine’s last escape is stopped dead by a monstrous B.O.W. known as the Nemesis, who’s programmed to eliminate the last remaining members of S.T.A.R.S.
  • Resident Evil® 4 HD - The President’s daughter has been kidnapped and Leon S. Kennedy is on assignment and back in action in Europe to track her down and investigate a mysterious cult coming to power. Remastered in high definition, this Resident Evil classic has never looked better!
  • • Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition - Working together with his partner Sheva Alomar, Chris Redfield is sent to Africa in response to a report of parasitic B.O.W.s terrorizing the area. Also included are the 2 extra downloadable episodes “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape”, 2 bonus costume packs, the online multiplayer “Versus Mode”, and PlayStation® Move functionality.
Xbox 360

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil® 6 with the best of the Resident Evil® franchise. Included in this Xbox 360® exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil® 6, the feature film Resident Evil® Degeneration, and downloadable copies of Resident Evil® 4 HD, Resident Evil® CODE Veronica X HD and Resident Evil® 5 (with bonus Gold Edition content) redeemable on Xbox LIVE®.
  • Resident Evil® 6: The newest chapter in the Resident Evil® franchise brings three separate yet interwoven storylines together as they fight to survive the global C-virus outbreak. Blending both action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012.
  • Resident Evil® Degeneration (DVD feature film) - The deadly G-Virus is unleashed and a new mutated monster goes on the rampage. Will Claire and Leon be able to terminate the virus before history repeats itself?
  • Resident Evil® 4 HD - The President’s daughter has been kidnapped and Leon S. Kennedy is on assignment and back in action in Europe to track her down and investigate a mysterious cult coming to power. Remastered in high definition, this Resident Evil® classic has never looked better!
  • Resident Evil® CODE Veronica X HD - While searching for information on her missing brother, Claire Redfield is trapped on a top-secret Umbrella prison installation on Rockfort Island. Discover the beginnings of Umbrella Corp. and the dark family secret behind it all. Relive the survival horror nightmare in high definition!
  • Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition - Working together with his partner Sheva Alomar, Chris Redfield is sent to Africa in response to reports of parasitic B.O.W.s (bio-organic weapons) terrorizing the area. Also included are the 2 extra downloadable episodes “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape”, 2 bonus costume packs and the online multiplayer “Versus Mode”.
UPDATE:

Capcom store just released their preorder bonus. They are offering an Umbrella Umbrella with any RE6 purchase (appears it is also included with the Vanilla veresion); no pictures yet in the listing but I believe they are just going to be giving away this one:

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcom...oductID.169116700/Umbrella-Corp-Umbrella.html

It can be purchased for $16.95 standalone from their website. I currently own one and while on the cheap side it is kind of cool if you are a RE fan.

Keep in mind this bonus is only for ordering RE6 from the Capcom store (Digital River)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romeo']Thank you GBA. So this set is available at any retailer such as gamestop, which I can be guaranteed a mint copy and get a pre-order bonus as well. Since the umbrella umbrella isn't rare and can be purchased ala carte, I'd prefer to buy the set in retail.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has it so I would assume Gamestop would. I don't expect this to be rare---in fact I though the Street Fighter anniversary collection would have a good chance at being rare with the $149.99 price tag but it appears like most all retailers are taking preorders (Bes Buy, Newegg, Amazon, etc.).

I'm not sure yet if this collection is going to be the Collector's Edition for RE6 or if something else is in the works.

I would suggest putting in a preorder though incase stores don't plan on stocking many day 1 copies beyond preorders.

Another BOOO for digital copies.
I would buy the anthology for PS3 if it was all physical copies.
Also, it sucks we cannot get the RE zero and RE 1 gamecube remakesin HD for PS3/360

For any true Resident Evil fan that wants a real collector's edition for RE6, I say that the smart money is not on these Archive/Anthology (unless it is given the REmake treatment for the older games) or the ultra expensive Japanese E-Capcom edition that is making you pay over $1000 for a leather jacket. The best collector's edition version is limited to GAME in the UK. There is no other store that has this version so it will be very limited and even though the costs would be around $200 USD, this is the limited edition to get. I am getting it on both systems and not opening them as I believe these will hold their value due to the rarity of being limited to one store and being expensive at that.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/resident-evil-6-game-exclusive-collectors-edition-179773

ResidentEvilCollectorsEdition.jpg

Zombie Steel Book
Exclusive Resident Evil 6 hardback artbook showing concept art from the game
An exclusive Dynamic Theme for PS3 owners
Ivy University, Tall Oaks hooded sweatshirt (one size)
The Resident Evil 6 forces emblems - High quality enamelled zinc alloy emblems of the three main protagonists (Leon, Chris & Jake) squad insignias, mounted and set in a limited numbered frame authenticated with signatures from Senior producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi , Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and Resident Evil 6 Director Eiichiro Sasaki
All of the above amazing goodies are bundled together on the 'Needle Bomb' collectors box (as seen in the RE6 announce trailer) with lenticular images

[quote name='Tarskidx']For any true Resident Evil fan that wants a real collector's edition for RE6, I say that the smart money is not on these Archive/Anthology (unless it is given the REmake treatment for the older games) or the ultra expensive Japanese E-Capcom edition that is making you pay over $1000 for a leather jacket. The best collector's edition version is limited to GAME in the UK. There is no other store that has this version so it will be very limited and even though the costs would be around $200 USD, this is the limited edition to get. I am getting it on both systems and not opening them as I believe these will hold their value due to the rarity of being limited to one store and being expensive at that.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/resident-evil-6-game-exclusive-collectors-edition-179773

ResidentEvilCollectorsEdition.jpg

Zombie Steel Book
Exclusive Resident Evil 6 hardback artbook showing concept art from the game
An exclusive Dynamic Theme for PS3 owners
Ivy University, Tall Oaks hooded sweatshirt (one size)
The Resident Evil 6 forces emblems - High quality enamelled zinc alloy emblems of the three main protagonists (Leon, Chris & Jake) squad insignias, mounted and set in a limited numbered frame authenticated with signatures from Senior producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi , Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and Resident Evil 6 Director Eiichiro Sasaki
All of the above amazing goodies are bundled together on the 'Needle Bomb' collectors box (as seen in the RE6 announce trailer) with lenticular images[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking but the last time I imported a large CE from the UK (MGS HD Collection LE) it arrived in shit condition. The box for this particular RE6 CE must be huge if it is housing a hoodie among other things so I don't have faith that it'll arrive in good enough condition for collection purposes

If I get this, I'd get it for the 360, since it comes with both 4 and 5, but also CV, which I don't have. I already have 1-3 on my PS3. I've never actually played the games, but I downloaded them from someone's account for free. I owned RE 2 when it came out, but the only person who ever played it was my brother. I beat 4 five or six times, and if 6 is anything like it, I may just buy this. Who knows....

Despite having less games, the 360 is the better deal (andn ot just for better online):

RE1: $5.99
RE2: $5.99
RE3: $5.99 Total: $17.97

RED: $9.99
CV: $19.99 Total: $29.98

If you have both consoles, you can get the PS3 content that isn't in the Xbox edition for less than you can get the Xbox content that isn't on the PS3 edition.

Personally, I pre-ordered the Xbox version with Newegg's $10 off coupon.

[quote name='giantqtipz']really sucks that were getting the crap "anthology"[/QUOTE]

Meh. I understand some people like the collector's stuff, but I would much rather have games than stuff that will sit on a shelf and never get used. It probably helps that I don't own any of the other games included.:D

[quote name='DarkPGR']Despite having less games, the 360 is the better deal (andn ot just for better online):

If you have both consoles, you can get the PS3 content that isn't in the Xbox edition for less than you can get the Xbox content that isn't on the PS3 edition.

Personally, I pre-ordered the Xbox version with Newegg's $10 off coupon.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='AzGoat']anyone getting this for ps3?[/QUOTE]
You forgot Resident Evil 4 HD and Resident Evil Gold for both version. I personally pre-ordered the anthology version (since i do not have RE 1-3, 4 HD and 5 Gold Edition) for less than $40. Great deal for me :cool:

[quote name='weeman43302']Meh. I understand some people likethe collector's stuff, but I would much rather have games than stuff that will sit on a shelf and never get used. It probably helps that I don't own any of the other games included.:D[/QUOTE]
yea except its more than that.... ;_;

[quote name='cookiecrumbz']You forgot Resident Evil 4 HD and Resident Evil Gold for both version. I personally pre-ordered the anthology version (since i do not have RE 1-3, 4 HD and 5 Gold Edition) for less than $40. Great deal for me :cool:[/QUOTE]

He only counted the different parts of both versions. Both include 4 and 5, so the difference in price would still be the same.

[quote name='weeman43302']He only counted the different parts of both versions. Both include 4 and 5, so the difference in price would still be the same.[/QUOTE]

I know that. I was just nit picking :cool:

[quote name='DarkPGR']Despite having less games, the 360 is the better deal (andn ot just for better online):

Personally, I pre-ordered the Xbox version with Newegg's $10 off coupon.[/QUOTE]

If you have actually seen the 'movie' they're including in the 360 version, you would know the PS3 version is the superior collection. :p

[quote name='etcrane']If you have actually seen the 'movie' they're including in the 360 version, you would know the PS3 version is the superior collection. :p[/QUOTE]

Well its a complete collection, not necessarily a better one, I prefer the 360 contents value over the PS3 version. Especially knowing I can just get 1-3 for free or get a decent discount on some PSN cash. Had the VITA had PSone support I'd be singing to a different tune.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow'] Had the VITA had PSone support I'd be singing to a different tune.[/QUOTE]

This is the reason i am buying the Anthology version. I have a PS Vita and would prefer the digital copy over a physical one (since disk media would obviously not work with the Vita). A firmware to enable PS1 support is coming this summer so i am looking forward to that. Hopefully RE 1-3 would be playable by then

EDIT:

Anthology:

re6anthologycontents.jpg

Archives:
re6archivespackage.jpg

Source: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...hives-the-game-will-be-two-discs-on-xbox-360/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cookiecrumbz']This is the reason i am buying the Anthology version. I have a PS Vita and would prefer the digital copy over a physical one (since disk media would obviously not work with the Vita). A firmware to enable PS1 support is coming this summer so i am looking forward to that. Hopefully RE 1-3 would be playable by then

EDIT:

Anthology:

re6anthologycontents.jpg

Archives:
re6archivespackage.jpg

Source: www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9756913&posted=1#post9756913[/QUOTE]

I'll keep an eye on this PSone support...Just noticed the 360 version is 2 discs. I guess PS3 version for me, I'll just buy CVX...

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I'll keep an eye on this PSone support...Just noticed the 360 version is 2 discs. I guess PS3 version for me, I'll just buy CVX...[/QUOTE]

It's probably because XBOX does not support Blu-ray (which can contain more data) so they had to split the DVD disc in half. I don't have an XBOX so i could be wrong.

I almost bought this on amazon, however i heard that the in game texts are (obviously) japanese so i held back. I would have preferred disc copies of RE 4 HD and CVX HD , but i guess i'll go with the digital route.

*I also edited the source link on my previous post

yes it does. its in the product description. u r going by the product features section in which they simply ran out of room. scroll down to product description and its there.

Product Description

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil 6 with the complete library of Resident Evil 1-6! Included in this PlayStation 3 exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil 6, along with digital copies of Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil 4 HD, and Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition redeemable on the PlayStation Network.

[quote name='WebScud']The Amazon listing for Anthology no longer has RE5: Gold.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I'll keep an eye on this PSone support...Just noticed the 360 version is 2 discs. I guess PS3 version for me, I'll just buy CVX...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cookiecrumbz']It's probably because XBOX does not support Blu-ray (which can contain more data) so they had to split the DVD disc in half. I don't have an XBOX so i could be wrong.

I almost bought this on amazon, however i heard that the in game texts are (obviously) japanese so i held back. I would have preferred disc copies of RE 4 HD and CVX HD , but i guess i'll go with the digital route.

*I also edited the source link on my previous post[/QUOTE]

That second disc on the Xbox version is just the DVD of the movie. Which is nice considering you don't have to watch it on their damn zune media thing.

[quote name='technicalstylez']yes it does. its in the product description. u r going by the product features section in which they simply ran out of room. scroll down to product description and its there.

Product Description

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil 6 with the complete library of Resident Evil 1-6! Included in this PlayStation 3 exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil 6, along with digital copies of Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil 4 HD, and Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition redeemable on the PlayStation Network.[/QUOTE]

Ah! Thank you for clearing that up for me.

bread's done
Back