RE: UC details and RE4 Wii Confirmation[Gamer's Day!]

Foolman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Biohazard / Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicle (Wii)
- 1st person View Gun shooting
- story about the destruction(?) of Umbrella Corp.
- Chris, Jill, Rebecca, Billy, Wesker etc

almost the same as the rumor earlier
Blech at first person.

Biohazard 4 Wii is confirmed too (5/31)
They've added a search knife attack, waggle the wiicon to attack.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149360
Follow the link for a bad cam shot of the RE:UC famitsu article.

[quote name='Foolman']RE4 website:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/wii_bio4/

RE:UC Website (With trailer):
http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_uc/[/quote]

-------------------------
Capcom's Gamer's Day Updates

Videos:
RE4
[quote name='dallow']BEST AWESOME TRAILER FOR RE4WII!!!!!!

Direct link:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/wii_bio4/swf/bio4wiim01.swf

Link:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/wii_bio4/index.html[/quote]

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/10726

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/10741

RE:UC

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/10742

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_uc/ (Click the middle button and then the Vol 2 button.

Impressions are at almost every site.

It took me a long time to realize that RE4 was coming to the Wii and not RE5. I was wondering why this thread hadn't exploded.

Why didn't they make UC a third person game like RE4? :cry: I hope it turns out good but I have my doubts.
It's great that RE4 is officially confirmed. I was planning on playing RE4 again this summer, but I'll wait for the Wii version.

I'd prefer a first person RE game. It would be an improvement over the stale controls the series has had forever now. Imagine being able to easily and effectively run away from the zombies instead of getting stuck, etc.

But in spite of the fact that I have little interest in a RE game now I hope that UC is a good, high quality game. But for that to happen Capcom has to get off their ass and stop calling the wii a kiddie console.

lol gamecube ports on wii LMAO. It better be budget $30 at most i plan on picking it up since i don't have the original on gamecube anymore

[quote name='dallow']Looks like UC will be a fun diversion before the real next RE comes out for PS3(and 360?)[/QUOTE]

Yes, RE5 is coming to PS3 and 360.

I'm glad UC is going to fill in the blanks between 3 and 4, and hopefully tie up the loose ends of CV, but the question is how will it play? Has anyone played Dead Aim? I've only gotten about 5 minutes into it, but I imagine it could be something similar to that, and I didn't think that was too bad...

[quote name='-Never4ever-']FIXED.[/quote]

Psh.
We already know it's confirmed for PS3, I'm just waiting for the 360 announcement, unless I missed it.

[quote name='PRMega']Yes, RE5 is coming to PS3 and 360.

I'm glad UC is going to fill in the blanks between 3 and 4, and hopefully tie up the loose ends of CV, but the question is how will it play? Has anyone played Dead Aim? I've only gotten about 5 minutes into it, but I imagine it could be something similar to that, and I didn't think that was too bad...[/quote]

It better not be like that game.

[quote name='dallow']It better not be like that game.[/QUOTE]

I take it the appeal of RE: DA wears off after a while? I played it briefly with the lightgun, and I can see that translating to the Wii. Maybe I'll pop it in this week and see how I like it.

[quote name='PRMega']I take it the appeal of RE: DA wears off after a while? I played it briefly with the lightgun, and I can see that translating to the Wii. Maybe I'll pop it in this week and see how I like it.[/quote]

I mean, that's the problem, it was a light gun game.

I don't expect UC to be that thin on gameplay though. I'm sure it'll be much more satisfying.

[quote name='dallow']I mean, that's the problem, it was a light gun game.

I don't expect UC to be that thin on gameplay though. I'm sure it'll be much more satisfying.[/quote]

Hey hey now, Dead Aim was one of my favorite RE games, and really the one that really got me into the series. I had briefly played the original RE before that, but the clunky controls just frustrated me to no end. Then I picked up Dead Aim with the recoil guncon...that was badass man. I now own and have beaten every RE game to date.

It was also light years ahead of every other light gun game in the simple fact that you could actually walk around. I found the d-pad on the back of the gun to actually work well, and feel pretty natural. And the most important fact that I believe keeps getting overlooked...is that you're physically pointing and shooting at zombies! How can you find fault with a game that lets you hold a gun to something's head and blow it clean off? You can't buy that kind of happiness! My only fear is that the Wii version won't pull it off as well as Dead Aim did (no recoil, etc.). But the potential is definitely there.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Hey hey now, Dead Aim was one of my favorite RE games, and really the one that really got me into the series. I had briefly played the original RE before that, but the clunky controls just frustrated me to no end. Then I picked up Dead Aim with the recoil guncon...that was badass man. I now own and have beaten every RE game to date.

It was also light years ahead of every other light gun game in the simple fact that you could actually walk around. I found the d-pad on the back of the gun to actually work well, and feel pretty natural. And the most important fact that I believe keeps getting overlooked...is that you're physically pointing and shooting at zombies! How can you find fault with a game that lets you hold a gun to something's head and blow it clean off? You can't buy that kind of happiness! My only fear is that the Wii version won't pull it off as well as Dead Aim did (no recoil, etc.). But the potential is definitely there.[/quote]

No doubt it was pretty fun at first. Just wasn't RE to me. But a fun diversion, like UC will probably be (hopefully with learned lessons).
I don't see how that game could have gotten you into the rest of the RE series though. That's a bit weird.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']They might as well just put RE5 in the Devil May Cry series, as the director wants it to be even MORE actiony then RE4[/quote]

Ah, the death of survival horror.

[quote name='dallow']No doubt it was pretty fun at first. Just wasn't RE to me. But a fun diversion, like UC will probably be (hopefully with learned lessons).
I don't see how that game could have gotten you into the rest of the RE series though. That's a bit weird.[/quote]

I guess it just felt more "playable" to me, if that makes any sense. As I said (and I'm sure most agree), the controls in RE1 were a nightmare. The robotic "walk", "turn", "walk". I just didn't have the patience. It was hard too, because I wanted to like the series, and had people telling me how amazing a game it was.

After trying Dead Aim though, I felt the "coolness" of the franchise, and had a greater desire to dive deeper into it. So, I went back to RE1, learned the controls, and became a believer. I'd still much rather have normal human walking controls from RE4 before I'd go back to clunky RE1 again, but I appreciate where the series came from. I'm such an RE freak now, I'm anxiously awaiting Resident Evil: Extinction. 9/21/07 baby!

I'll pick up RE4 on Wii day one. I played through it on GC at least five times, the Wii controls would be awesome.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I guess it just felt more "playable" to me, if that makes any sense. As I said (and I'm sure most agree), the controls in RE1 were a nightmare. The robotic "walk", "turn", "walk". I just didn't have the patience. It was hard too, because I wanted to like the series, and had people telling me how amazing a game it was.

After trying Dead Aim though, I felt the "coolness" of the franchise, and had a greater desire to dive deeper into it. So, I went back to RE1, learned the controls, and became a believer. I'd still much rather have normal human walking controls from RE4 before I'd go back to clunky RE1 again, but I appreciate where the series came from. I'm such an RE freak now, I'm anxiously awaiting Resident Evil: Extinction. 9/21/07 baby![/quote]

Alright, I believe ya!

Hehe. Funny, when I first picked up RE1 (about a week after it came out), I was totally blown away by it. I'd never seen any game look so good.
The controls took some time to get used to, but it's not like I had anything to compare it to back then (never played Alone in the Dark).

I thought the 'slowness' of the controls, having to turn, then run away, added to the creepiness and stress of being chased by crap. Such a rush.

Oh memories.

[quote name='dallow']Alright, I believe ya!

Hehe. Funny, when I first picked up RE1 (about a week after it came out), I was totally blown away by it. I'd never seen any game look so good.
The controls took some time to get used to, but it's not like I had anything to compare it to back then (never played Alone in the Dark).

I thought the 'slowness' of the controls, having to turn, then run away, added to the creepiness and stress of being chased by crap. Such a rush.

Oh memories.[/quote]

Yeah, I hear that. And here's where I make myself sound like a douche, I never had a PS1 (I was partial to Nintendo), so I had a GC..and my first real experience with "survival horror" was Eternal Darkness. I bought REmake, got frustrated, let it sit, got my PS2..and RE:DA, and the rest was history. I feel lame not getting in on the ground floor in 96, but I finally got there.

Ok, Im a little confused. Is UC the name of the RE4 Wii port? Or are RE4 Wii and UC Wii two seperate games?

I would buy RE4 for the Wii on day one no problem. Just give me the extra stuff that was in the PS2 version, and a couple more new extras and Im in. I beat RE4 3 times on the cube, and twice on the PS2 and I still want more!

[quote name='Puffa469']Ok, Im a little confused. Is UC the name of the RE4 Wii port? Or are RE4 Wii and UC Wii two seperate games?

I would buy RE4 for the Wii on day one no problem. Just give me the extra stuff that was in the PS2 version, and a couple more new extras and Im in. I beat RE4 3 times on the cube, and twice on the PS2 and I still want more![/quote]Two separate games. RE4 Wii is a port with a bunch of extras and new control for $30. UC is a new game supposedly in the style of RE4.

[quote name='Scrubking']I'd prefer a first person RE game. It would be an improvement over the stale controls the series has had forever now. Imagine being able to easily and effectively run away from the zombies instead of getting stuck, etc.[/quote]

Those stale controls are what really made the game "survival horror." Half of the challenge of most of the RE games is fighting the damn controls as a zombie starts to lunge at you. I'm not saying that I like the tank-type controls, but it definitely made the games more stressful. Imagine the original RE game with fully analog controls, it would have been a helluva lot easier.

RE4 is my favorite in the series due to the over the shoulder aiming and more action-oriented gameplay, but I wouldn't call RE4 survival horror by any stretch.

[quote name='lebowsky']Those stale controls are what really made the game "survival horror." Half of the challenge of most of the RE games is fighting the damn controls as a zombie starts to lunge at you. I'm not saying that I like the tank-type controls, but it definitely made the games more stressful. Imagine the original RE game with fully analog controls, it would have been a helluva lot easier.

RE4 is my favorite in the series due to the over the shoulder aiming and more action-oriented gameplay, but I wouldn't call RE4 survival horror by any stretch.[/QUOTE]Fighting with the controls completely takes me out of the game. I didn't find the REmake stressful or scary. It was just frustrating. I got rid of my copy, too, when I was barely 20 minutes into it.

I hope they up the graphics from the GC version and give us the extras from the PS2 game for RE4. For $30 I'd be in. As for UC I'm not sure about the whole on rails shooter thing but it might work pretty well. Looking foward to see how both fair.

If they price it at 20$ and add a multiplayer, I'd be willing to buy RE4Wii.

But you just know that Capcom is going to charge 40$ just like it did with the gamecube ports of RE2,RE3 and RECV...

Definately going to buy REUC though.

[quote name='lebowsky']Those stale controls are what really made the game "survival horror." Half of the challenge of most of the RE games is fighting the damn controls as a zombie starts to lunge at you. I'm not saying that I like the tank-type controls, but it definitely made the games more stressful. Imagine the original RE game with fully analog controls, it would have been a helluva lot easier.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the limited ammo and health pickups while running from zombies is what made it survival horror. The horrible controls had nothing to do with it.

Maybe Capcom purposely made the controls bad, but if they did it was a cheap way to add difficulty and poor game design.

[quote name='Scrubking']Actually, the limited ammo and health pickups while running from zombies is what made it survival horror. The horrible controls had nothing to do with it.

Maybe Capcom purposely made the controls bad, but if they did it was a cheap way to add difficulty and poor game design.[/QUOTE]

Totally in the minority here, but I never had a problem with the controls in RE. I picked it up fairly soon after release, and I thought it was fantastic. My brother and cousins (all either 1-2 years younger than me) never really got the hang of it, but the 'tank' controls felt fine to me.

[quote name='Scrubking']Actually, the limited ammo and health pickups while running from zombies is what made it survival horror. The horrible controls had nothing to do with it.

Maybe Capcom purposely made the controls bad, but if they did it was a cheap way to add difficulty and poor game design.[/quote]

I agree, its the scarcity of health, ammo, and save points that make survival horror games. If it was shite controls, then the first 3-4 Tomb Raider games would be survival horror games. ;)

Anyway, Im in for both of these RE games! With RE4 Wii, even if they dont upgrade the graphics at all, it will still be the best looking Wii game the moment it comes out.

[quote name='Puffa469']I agree, its the scarcity of health, ammo, and save points that make survival horror games. If it was shite controls, then the first 3-4 Tomb Raider games would be survival horror games. ;)

Anyway, Im in for both of these RE games! With RE4 Wii, even if they dont upgrade the graphics at all, it will still be the best looking Wii game the moment it comes out.[/quote]

True on the first paragraph. TR controls were indeed shite.

True on the second paragraph. And that's kinda sad.

[quote name='botticus']Meh, UC is on rails. Bummer.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=15579

I suppose if it manages to achieve a similar fun factor to House of the Dead or the like, I might be interested.[/quote]

Ooops, now it's a pure light gun game.

I'll still play it though.

From reading through the NeoGAF thread, it looks like they're going to be combining the PS2 and GC releases for the Wii RE4. Extras from PS2 version, but using real-time cutscenes rather than the FMVs that were used in the PS2 version. So... hopefully that ends up being true, and I'll probably sell my Cube copy, for all ten minutes I've played of it. :lol:

IF the game is a bonified light gun game, complete with light gun attachment, then I will accept an "on rails" system. Otherwise it is a lame excuse for not being able to figure out how to program for the wiimote.

Red Steel has more than proven that you can walk and shoot people at the same time on the Wii. So there shouldn't be any games with rails anywhere.

[quote name='Scrubking']IF the game is a bonified light gun game, complete with light gun attachment, then I will accept an "on rails" system. Otherwise it is a lame excuse for not being able to figure out how to program for the wiimote.

Red Steel has more than proven that you can walk and shoot people at the same time on the Wii. So there shouldn't be any games with rails anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I dont know about your demands for the Light Gun shell, but the enhancement to the RE4 engine should show enough promise of a Wii-capable control scheme. It would clearly be a choice to have UC be a on rails shooter.

Score we're getting all the PS2 extra that was rightfully ours to begin with. Now if they can add multiplayer... or a gun attachment.... 30$ sounds decent for that.

As for Umbrella Chronicles, I'm more interested in finding out on the story than the gameplay, kind of like how I played MGSPortable Ops despite being on the PSP.

Either way it could be fun. You never know. Wait for some actual movie previews, so far the few screenshots I've seen are rather good.

Hmm why is everyone asking if RE4 will be $30 or less? It was already shown on Gamestop's website earlier for $29.99 pre-order, and was removed, but I highly doubt they would raise the price on that.

It sucks that RE:UC is going to be a FPS, that really puts a damper on my interest. I'll wait for reviews and hope it turns out good.

bread's done
Back