RE5 Collectors Edition 78.99 @ DD (Xbox360/PS3)

Thanks!

I know it's a couple months away, but hell it looks it could be if done right, one of the most killer RE's ever.

nothing's really set in stone yet...no-one knows what's in the american CE yet. Does deepdiscount have a pre-orded price guarantee??? If so, not bad!!

Hm.. thinking about ordering the PS3 version since it's the same price. But I'm might cancel, depending on what's actually included in the bundle.

[quote name='shadowkast']nothing's really set in stone yet...no-one knows what's in the american CE yet. Does deepdiscount have a pre-orded price guarantee??? If so, not bad!![/quote]

Ah I just saw GS had it listed for 89.99$ so I figured I'd post it. I wonder could be in it.... A free Parasite? T-Virus Sample?

I'm most interested in the USB drive. I rather the Tricell one, but the Chainsaw one might not be that bad. I just can't figure out where the hell the USB connector is.

does ddd charge right away and can i preorder the sfiv and this w/ shipping charges discounted to only one while shipping separate?

Wow, it went up! I pre-ordered last month at 79.99 from amazon. I chose the 360 version, I saw this comparison of the ps3 and 360, and the 360 had better textures and some extra bump-mapping. So that made my decision easier.

[quote name='mythus']does ddd charge right away and can i preorder the sfiv and this w/ shipping charges discounted to only one while shipping separate?[/quote]
They haven't charged my bank account yet. I want to say it's when it ships, and I'm not sure abount combining. I guess with the free ship it makes it easier so they'd charge as they ship.

[quote name='Mako1215']Well I found this...Might help a little:

http://www.destructoid.com/ces-2009...t-evil-5-collector-s-edition-tin-117541.phtml

and play asia lists these contents:

Release Date Mar 05, 2009Language English, JapaneseGenre Action AdventureVersion AsiaPAX-CodePAX0002517955Shipping Weight0.5 kg

Box contents
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Making of DVD
  • Chainsaw USB Flash Drive
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-77-3-49-en-70-369u.html

That's lame if that's all we get[/QUOTE]

That's definitely weak... they expect to pay $30 over retail for a USB drive and a making of DVD (and probably a tin case for the game).:whistle2:/

[quote name='Mako1215']They haven't charged my bank account yet. I want to say it's when it ships, and I'm not sure abount combining. I guess with the free ship it makes it easier so they'd charge as they ship.[/quote]
never do the free ships on dd. they're horribly slow. Will take you about 3 weeks or 16 business day before getting anything.

[quote name='mythus']never do the free ships on dd. they're horribly slow. Will take you about 3 weeks or 16 business day before getting anything.[/quote]

Yea, but I've got a big ass backlog so I don't mind waiting at all. Give me more time to beat stuff and 1000 it.

[quote name='Vinny']That's definitely weak... they expect to pay $30 over retail for a USB drive and a making of DVD (and probably a tin case for the game).:whistle2:/[/quote]

The Play-Asia listing says "Limited Edition", we are looking at a "Collector's Edition". It needs to include alot more than that to justify the $30 premium.

Don't expect more than what PlayAsia listed other than a pretty presentation. Remember that the collector's edition is supposed to make MORE money than the normal, not less, so custom merchandise like a chainsaw-shaped USB drive will be about the best you can expect.

At any rate you could almost certainly make a profit on this by hanging onto it for 6 months to a year after release. But by that time you may not want to give it up.

I, for one, am looking for a $10 off retail preorder of the regular game. And I assume the PS3 version will support 1080p, so I'm definitely thinking that one will look better.

[quote name='bto']I saw this comparison of the ps3 and 360, and the 360 had better textures and some extra bump-mapping.[/quote]

I'm having a hard time believing this . . .

Well, it was an early build and the difference was pretty easy to see when they did the rollover thing. Check Kotaku, they had a small article on it.

There was a comparison of the two demos. How close each of the demos were to the final build was undisclosed. In the screenshots provided of that comparison, the textures were noticeably better in the 360 version. At the same time, the differences were almost impossible to spot when the game was in motion.

[quote name='bto']Wow, it went up! I pre-ordered last month at 79.99 from amazon. I chose the 360 version, I saw this comparison of the ps3 and 360, and the 360 had better textures and some extra bump-mapping. So that made my decision easier.[/quote]

I also pre-ordered the 360 version from amazon for $79.99. It's still pretty steep, even for a CE.

Yeah, if it wasn't because I am somewhat of an RE fan, I would have just waited for the game to come out, and go on sale. But, I just had to get RE5 in a metal box.

[quote name='GuardianE']There was a comparison of the two demos. How close each of the demos were to the final build was undisclosed. In the screenshots provided of that comparison, the textures were noticeably better in the 360 version. At the same time, the differences were almost impossible to spot when the game was in motion.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version was much closer to final build than the PS3 version. They've already said that there will be absolutely no difference between either platform.

Just a word of warning regarding Deep Discount, normally they're not bad to buy from, but if the item you're ordering is at a good price and in high demand, I wouldn't order from them. I recently had an order canceled after waiting 3 months, 2 e-mails telling me it was backordered but still coming and then finally, last week an e-mail claiming it was no longer being produced (which is bull, because it was the Batman Animated series complete collection). So just a word of warning in case you really really want this CE and don't want to bother with their interesting supply and demand issues.

[quote name='etcrane']Just a word of warning regarding Deep Discount, normally they're not bad to buy from, but if the item you're ordering is at a good price and in high demand, I wouldn't order from them. I recently had an order canceled after waiting 3 months, 2 e-mails telling me it was backordered but still coming and then finally, last week an e-mail claiming it was no longer being produced (which is bull, because it was the Batman Animated series complete collection). So just a word of warning in case you really really want this CE and don't want to bother with their interesting supply and demand issues.[/quote]

I ordered L4D from them, because I spent basically all my holiday money at DD and didn't really want to put it on a separate site to order and yes this is correct because they took like 2 weeks to ship it out because it was OOS, but on my end of the situation, I ended up getting the product but it took way longer than expected because of the limited supply they had.

I'm a huge fan of RE, but $80 for what's basically a question mark is too much for me. If it's the virus sample USB drive, I'll probably bite, but a chainsaw drive doesn't sound nearly as appealing.

[quote name='maximus101']The 360 version was much closer to final build than the PS3 version. They've already said that there will be absolutely no difference between either platform.[/quote]

Got a source? It's just that I've heard people allege this before without anything concrete. I want to be sure about what I tell others. :)

This will be a very tough decision for me. As a PS3/360 owner, I've always loved the Playstation brand, but I just might to go 360 for achievements!

I might bite, but I don't know what the CE contains, so I'll hold out.

[quote name='vivisimon6']This will be a very tough decision for me. As a PS3/360 owner, I've always loved the Playstation brand, but I just might to go 360 for achievements![/quote]

PS3 version has trophies...

I like LE games that come with a steelbook case and a DVD for $5 more.

So basically, I like Halo 2. Though I DID buy the RE4 GC LE, because it came with a real tin (you know, with the actual DVD case inside), a great lithograph, and a little mini art book and CD. And it was only $10 more. And we even got a demo for pre-ordering, complete with its own case.

Chances of us getting that are nill.

I'm def. getting this. Price doesn't matter and I don't really care for the extras' I just want the CE case and I'm good. RE, DMC, MGS, and FF LE/CE are must buys for me. The extra 30 doesn't really justify what you get in the package though. I would say the Street Fighter deal is much better, but not really into buying fighters at full prices unless its TEKKEN, but it is SF though. It is its re entrance into the world. I might bite on it

[quote name='shadowkast']nothing's really set in stone yet...no-one knows what's in the american CE yet. Does deepdiscount have a pre-orded price guarantee??? If so, not bad!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I kinda want to know if DD has a pre-order price guarantee as well before I bite.

bread's done
Back