RE5 Collectors Edition 78.99 @ DD (Xbox360/PS3)

My SFIV CE(PS3) was just shipped, so I don't expect to get it from them on day one, if I do then it's cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered mine the same day I ordered my PS3 SFIV CE, January 21st, and I got the backorder notice a few days ago. Blah.

(But my SFIV CE shipped today so I'm fairly confident my RE5 order will go through)

Anyone get a shipping notice yet??

Provided DD actually gets their shipment in this time (unlike the SFIV fiasco), they should be shipping out soon, eh?

[quote name='Gameboy415']Anyone get a shipping notice yet??

Provided DD actually gets their shipment in this time (unlike the SFIV fiasco), they should be shipping out soon, eh?[/QUOTE]

Why we would get a shipping notice? The game isn't out for another week. No I haven't got one and I ordered January 4.

lol DD again..fortunately I tried the demo and am just not really an RE guy, otherwise I'd be waiting again like the rest of you. Good Luck, though I have a feeling this will go as it should unlike SFIV.

I canceled my DD order even though its $1 cheaper than Buy.com and i get 4% cashback, id rather just avoid the entire SFIV mishap all over again. Buy.com i know will at least get the game to me and much faster that DD.

I wouldn't trust DD with my pre-order. I ordered SFIV CE for PS3 over a month and a half before it came out and it never came out of backorder. I got lucky and found one at Gamestop.

They will eventually ship your game, just don't count on receiving it during launch day. I'm still pissed at DD for shipping my CE is a shitty box which crumpled my game. That and they shipped it a whole 2 weeks after launch.

[quote name='sosodead']They will eventually ship your game, just don't count on receiving it during launch day. I'm still pissed at DD for shipping my CE is a shitty box which crumpled my game. That and they shipped it a whole 2 weeks after launch.[/QUOTE]

True they did ship late but the item was well packaged. I received two (ps3 and 360) and the boxes were mint. Your postal service must have banged your item around. DD packaging has always been top notch to me. and I've been buying from them since they were DDD(vd).

I wouldn't be worried about not getting a copy with DD this time around. Unlike SFIV, it seems like Capcom is making quite a few units of RE5 CE

[quote name='prateeko']I wouldn't be worried about not getting a copy with DD this time around. Unlike SFIV, it seems like Capcom is making quite a few units of RE5 CE[/quote]

Where did that come from?

[quote name='GuardianE']Where did that come from?[/quote]

Probably the fact that you can still order it anywhere. Whether DD will get it to you in a promptly manner is another thing. I plan to order from them since they are the cheapest with cashback.

Not to alarm anyone but Buy.com recently posted this about RE5:CE:
Please note: This item is extremely limited! Place your order today to reserve your spot in line. Although we will try our best to fill your order as quickly as possible, this does not guarantee you a unit at launch. Buy.com reserves the right to cancel any orders it cannot fill.

IMO, DD should be able to fulfill for this item better than SF4CE, since all the major outlets are still taking orders for it.

BTW: Buy.com has jacked the price up to $88.99.

I dont expect shipment for another week and then it takes another week to arrive. But I'm not complaining, cheaper is better for me than getting it on day 1.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Anyone get a shipping notice yet??

Provided DD actually gets their shipment in this time (unlike the SFIV fiasco), they should be shipping out soon, eh?
transparent_pixel.gif
[/quote]

No shipping notice here... the Xbox shipped however.

Just cancelled my Jan. 22 DD order for the PS3 CE after ordering it from Newegg. Saved a whole $1.;) Newegg already charged me, so it should be shipping soon. The DD rep said that it was cancelled and that I will not be charged, but it still says processing. Hopefully I don't end up with 2. I figured they would be a little late shipping like with SFIV CE.

I just got the shipping notice email from Deep Discount that my order shipped today. The delivery estimate is March 22-27 and I ordered January 4rth. I don't think it is even possible to get a game on launch week from these guys no matter how far in advance you pre-order.

Hmm, well it's good to hear that some copies are shipping.

I placed my order for this and the SFIV CE for PS3 on January 21st and I actually got my SFIV CE so I'm pretty confident I'll get my copy soon. Still no shipping notice yet though...

For those of you whose orders have shipped, did you order the PS3 or 360 version?

*EDIT*

On a completely random note, for anyone who needs something to play while waiting for RE5 to show up, I HIGHLY recommend Dark Sector.
It plays a lot like RE4 but it has a cool living boomerang-type weapon called the Glaive that's a lot of fun to use.
The game is dirt cheap (I paid about $15 for the PS3 version) and really fun! Check it out!

[quote name='sosodead']They will eventually ship your game, just don't count on receiving it during launch day. I'm still pissed at DD for shipping my CE is a shitty box which crumpled my game. That and they shipped it a whole 2 weeks after launch.[/quote]

Yeah. I'm that way too, but the box is always going to come out messed up somewhere, even at GameStop, some of the boxes are dented in or shrink wrapped too tightly, it's hard to get a perfect box. And then I saw the post with a NE.com shipment where the box was crushed and the sides of the box were sticking out approx. 2 inches from the side from NewEgg using bubble envelopes, that was just way too irresponsible of them and the mail carriers... doesn't NewEgg realize is says "Collector's Edition" at the top of the box? But then again, they got your money so what do they care...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I placed my order at Deep Discount for 1 each of the RE5 Collector's edition back on March 10th before game came out.

The PS3 version just shipped today ! :applause: The 360 version shows backordered but when I called they said they had more coming in.

Now, hopefully they used a better shipping container that New Egg and/or a box that protects it from being dented or crushed !

Still, can't beat $78.99 shipped with no tax in California ! ;)

I received my copy of the Xbox 360 collector's edition on Monday. The shipping notification came on Friday. Overall, it looked excellent, one minor crease on the edge of the box. The box is really cheap and bendable so it's no surprise. It arrived in a sturdy cardboard box and not a yellow envelope. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back