Real Time with Bill Maher: Weekly discussion and pot session

I've realized long ago that it's just principal, no real understating of the budget. Like the bit about cutting the pay of congress, it won't help the national debt any, but it's just a thing of principal. Congress sucks, cut their pay. I get it, I also get that it won't really do any good.

I've realized long ago that it's just principal, no real understating of the budget. [...] I also get that it won't really do any good.
27863852.jpg

[quote name='UncleBob']I've realized long ago that it's just principal, no real understating of the budget. [...] I also get that it won't really do any good.
[/QUOTE]

Haha, they will ignore these facts until the day they die. They simply can't comprehend this, despite low taxes, tax revenue, and spending at all levels have drastically increased.

"Its teh taxsss!!!!!!1"

Sure you guys can't think of anything to cut because you can find a reason you HAVE to have everything that you couldn't possibly cut.

"peeples will dies in the strets!!!!1!"

Which is why the federal government needs to take a smaller role in what it does. Certain aspects are eating up too much of the cap space for you sports fans.

[quote name='Knoell']Haha, they will ignore these facts until the day they die. They simply can't comprehend this, despite low taxes, tax revenue, and spending at all levels have drastically increased.

"Its teh taxsss!!!!!!1"

Sure you guys can't think of anything to cut because you can find a reason you HAVE to have everything that you couldn't possibly cut.

"peeples will dies in the strets!!!!1!"

Which is why the federal government needs to take a smaller role in what it does. Certain aspects are eating up too much of the cap space for you sports fans.[/QUOTE]

What would you cut, specifically, to create a significant dent in the deficit?

[quote name='IRHari']What would you cut, specifically, to create a significant dent in the deficit?[/QUOTE]

Are you saying there is nothing to cut? Or are you looking to pick apart anything I suggest?

[quote name='IRHari']What would you cut, specifically, to create a significant dent in the deficit?[/QUOTE]

Let me try and understand..

if it is wasteful, but not to the point where cutting it would create a "significant dent" in the national debt then it isn't worth cutting at all?

[quote name='Clak']John Stossell is a credible and unbiased person.[/QUOTE]

Math is math. I'm willing to see an alternative article showing what would happen if you take 100% of the wealth of the richest folks in taxes.

[quote name='GBAstar']Let me try and understand..

if it is wasteful, but not to the point where cutting it would create a "significant dent" in the national debt then it isn't worth cutting at all?[/QUOTE]
I don't know if you're intentionally playing dumb or what, but there's a difference between cutting that would create a (in)significant dent and and cutting that would cost more than the problem that the cutting was meant to correct. You're coming from a very binary point of view. See Florida drug testing for government benefits for example. It cost the state far more than it would've saved by just keeping people that did drugs. It's like cutting off an arm because you got a paper cut. Cutting for the sake of any inefficiency is nothing but pure dogma.

I try not to respond to people like that anymore. They are practicing their own form of lying to infidel and will never give you an honest reply.

Foreign aid (non military) is almost nothing as a percent on spending, but it is practically the only thing they talk about.

[quote name='Msut77']I try not to respond to people like that anymore. They are practicing their own form of lying to infidel and will never give you an honest reply.

Foreign aid (non military) is almost nothing as a percent on spending, but it is practically the only thing they talk about.[/QUOTE]

We borrow .46 cent of every dollar we spend. When we are running with a surplus or even a "balanced" budget, then and only then, should we even consider GIVING tax payer money away to foreign gov't's or "rebels".And as far as your question, I'll tell you as I'm told when questioning anybody on here. "Do your own damn homework.";)

[quote name='egofed'] I'll tell you as I'm told when questioning anybody on here.[/QUOTE]

I know the answer. There are two possibilities here; you have zero idea or you know it and are obfuscating because you know the truth makes you look foolish.

Try another example, name a time the US had no debt.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Msut77']

Try another example, name a time the US had no debt.[/QUOTE]

Name a time that the US had debt of this amount and less tax revenue.

If spending isn't out of control and taxes are at the "lowest" ever it should be easy? Amiright?

[quote name='mykevermin']you really like that "chicks on the right" blog.

i usually get my news from leftieswholovethecock.org, myself.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh...Ok, dude, whatever floats your boat...:roll:

Is this supposed to be a gay joke? Be careful, bro, you don't want to end up on the "Hate map".;)

I missed the show last Friday thanks to the fact that my parents canceled HBO at their house, but I caught this clip on youtube. This is the first time I've ever heard the term "concern trolling". I'm glad we actually have a name for feigning concern over one issue to divert attention away from another, more pressing matter.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2F1UPIsvik[/youtube]

I could've sworn I used that term in the exact same "discussion" here that's being described in the clip... :D

But yeah, all that bullshit about Chicago from the conservatives doesn't mean shit. I loved how Sanders was getting owned by that woman though. It still sounds like he's politiking and it's kinda disappointing to be honest.

On another note, where the fuck is mykevermin? I don't know if I should shoot him an email or what.

But yeah, all that bullshit about Chicago from the conservatives doesn't mean shit. I loved how Sanders was getting owned by that woman though. It still sounds like he's politiking and it's kinda disappointing to be honest.
Hey, hey... you mean Frank, right?

I like that he gets some interesting guests to talk on his show—without the censorship present on most other networks, but Maher is kind of grating at times. I feel like he's too defensive of Obama, maybe to rationalize the enormous donation during last year's election. Then again, maybe it's just democrats in general.

If he wasn't a comedian, I'd probably hate him, but he makes me laugh, so, eh.

/hyperbole

Hey, hey... you mean Frank, right?

I like that he gets some interesting guests to talk on his show—without the censorship present on most other networks, but Maher is kind of grating at times. I feel like he's too defensive of Obama, maybe to rationalize the enormous donation during last year's election. Then again, maybe it's just democrats in general.

If he wasn't a comedian, I'd probably hate him, but he makes me laugh, so, eh.
/hyperbole
HAHAHA...shit! Don't know why I typed Sanders when I meant Frank. Totally wiffed that one.

He can be entertaining, but I've been finding him a bit on the grating-side lately. I was really put off by how he was kinda nudging Jay Z about having very wealthy black people start using their money like the Koch's when he(Maher) should be lighting fires under people like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, George Soros, and the like. A few guys like Bill Gates would make the Koch's look like they were running a lemonade stand.

I was really put off by how he was kinda nudging Jay Z about having very wealthy black people start using their money like the Koch's when he(Maher) should be lighting fires under people like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, George Soros, and the like. A few guys like Bill Gates would make the Koch's look like they were running a lemonade stand.
My memory is awful; I'd already forgotten about that really awkward moment. I pretty much felt the same way as I watched it.

bread's done
Back