Record of Agarest War Naughty Edition for Xbox 360 - $56.57 (price drop)

Yeah I really like the canvas, btu I'm still trying to figure out where in the basement I have room for it. lol

And while mine was $200, the Death Smiles one went for $350.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Just curious, but if this is the case, would you object if Aksys said it would cost $5 (or maybe $10 ) to send you a replacement box? After all, it will probably cost them that much for the time, labor, materials and shipping to get a replacement box to you in good condition.

I doubt they would be making much (if any) profit on this transaction, so their original statement that there might be a small charge to replace the box seems totally reasonable to me for people that really feel having a mint-quality box is more important than having the lower price.

Basically, it lets one group of people get what they want if they are willing to pay for it while letting everyone else get what they want without paying "extra" for what they don't care about (heavier box).

I realize this solution won't be satisfactory for everyone, but it seems reasonable to me for the people that are saying they would be willing to pay more for a better box.[/QUOTE]

I would have no problem with that if not for the fact that there would be no way of getting a sealed copy. I am buying the PSN version to play and the 360 version as a collectors item. So, if they wanted to charge me a small fee and send me a replacement copy guranteed to be in the condition I get other CE's in id have no problems with it. Just sending a replacement box does nothing, because then I have to open up the game and switch its contents meaning its no longer sealed.

So basically that does not seem to give everyone what they want, and really I think a lot of you guys are being assholes about this. Yes there was someone being a douchebag to the developer and claiming they do not care about their fans and saying other stupid crap like that, but if you read my posts you will see I am doing no such thing..........yet I am still being lumped in with him(as are others)and insulted just because I want a good condition copy to display. Again, maybe a few of you dont care about the box, but obviously many others do and if you read any CE topic you will again see many people care about the box.

Finally, people buying a game like this to use a titty mouse pad and a anime girl pillow case should not make fun of anyone who buys games as collectors item ;) Put both behaviors in front of dozens of people who did not buy this game and id imagine my behavior is seen as normal 9x more often ;)

Edit - And your no better if you got a good copy so you call anyone else a whiner, getting a good copy does not mean it is not possible there is a problem. I had a launch PS2 that did not DRE, that did not mean I walked around saying anyone complaining about DRE was making a big deal of nothing or the problem did not exist. This box is no different.

After reading most of this thread, I feel cautious buying a copy to eBay later on. Obviously buying from Amazon since going to a B&M store for THIS is...laughable & embarassing, & I'm not gonna like having to ship back & forth if I get one or more with crushed corners.

First, I'd agree with those who have pointed out this isn't a deal and should be moved.

Second, I'd just like to say I don't give two shits about the box. I realize I'm in the minority, but I was happy to pay 59.99 for the game and extras. I respect the people who want a pristine box to put on their shelf, but I wouldn't want to pay extra for that.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']After reading most of this thread, I feel cautious buying a copy to eBay later on. Obviously buying from Amazon since going to a B&M store for THIS is...laughable & embarassing, & I'm not gonna like having to ship back & forth if I get one or more with crushed corners.[/QUOTE]

The corners are not the problem and thats how you can tell the issue is not with shipping but with packaging. If the corners were crushed id assume it was shipping, but as I said the problem is more giant creases up and down the sides or front of the box and in my case the side of my box is blown in.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']After reading most of this thread, I feel cautious buying a copy to eBay later on. Obviously buying from Amazon since going to a B&M store for THIS is...laughable & embarassing, & I'm not gonna like having to ship back & forth if I get one or more with crushed corners.[/QUOTE]

Order from GoGamer then. Mine was bubble wrapped and shipped in a priority mail box with packing peanuts. Arrived in perfect shape.

Just got my copy today from Amazon in pristine condition. I honestly did not have any clue the box art would look like that. My co-workers gave me a weird look when they happened to have glanced at it. lol

Came in from Amazon yesterday. I completely forgot about it since I was too absorbed in Demon's Souls. Gonna open it in a bit. Box is in best condition that it could be seeing as there's empty spaces in box as I slightly push.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I would have no problem with that if not for the fact that there would be no way of getting a sealed copy. I am buying the PSN version to play and the 360 version as a collectors item. So, if they wanted to charge me a small fee and send me a replacement copy guranteed to be in the condition I get other CE's in id have no problems with it. Just sending a replacement box does nothing, because then I have to open up the game and switch its contents meaning its no longer sealed.

So basically that does not seem to give everyone what they want, and really I think a lot of you guys are being assholes about this. Yes there was someone being a douchebag to the developer and claiming they do not care about their fans and saying other stupid crap like that, but if you read my posts you will see I am doing no such thing..........yet I am still being lumped in with him(as are others)and insulted just because I want a good condition copy to display. Again, maybe a few of you dont care about the box, but obviously many others do and if you read any CE topic you will again see many people care about the box.

Finally, people buying a game like this to use a titty mouse pad and a anime girl pillow case should not make fun of anyone who buys games as collectors item ;) Put both behaviors in front of dozens of people who did not buy this game and id imagine my behavior is seen as normal 9x more often ;)

Edit - And your no better if you got a good copy so you call anyone else a whiner, getting a good copy does not mean it is not possible there is a problem. I had a launch PS2 that did not DRE, that did not mean I walked around saying anyone complaining about DRE was making a big deal of nothing or the problem did not exist. This box is no different.[/QUOTE]

I certainly didn't call you a whiner, make fun of anyone that collects collectors editions, or intend to lump you in with the one person that was being a jerk, so my apologies if you somehow got that impression that I was doing so.

For someone like yourself that wants to save a mint condition unopened box, yes, I can completely understand your frustration and I'm guessing the only way you'll be able to get what you want (or have a reasonable chance of doing so) would be to go to a store and select the item you want after ensuring it is undamaged. Even with ideally packed boxes you run the risk of shipping damage (as happened to me very recently with my ME2 CE and my GoW III UE boxes) so the only way to be sure is to inspect the item before buying it. The weaker box for RoAW simply made a somewhat uncommon problem a bit more common.

But since plenty of people have received undamaged boxes, you should be able to find one out there if you look for it. Just think of it this way....the whole box issue will make the unopened and undamaged boxes even more collectible when you find one ;)

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I certainly didn't call you a whiner, make fun of anyone that collects collectors editions, or intend to lump you in with the one person that was being a jerk, so my apologies if you somehow got that impression that I was doing so.

For someone like yourself that wants to save a mint condition unopened box, yes, I can completely understand your frustration and I'm guessing the only way you'll be able to get what you want (or have a reasonable chance of doing so) would be to go to a store and select the item you want after ensuring it is undamaged. Even with ideally packed boxes you run the risk of shipping damage (as happened to me very recently with my ME2 CE and my GoW III UE boxes) so the only way to be sure is to inspect the item before buying it. The weaker box for RoAW simply made a somewhat uncommon problem a bit more common.

But since plenty of people have received undamaged boxes, you should be able to find one out there if you look for it. Just think of it this way....the whole box issue will make the unopened and undamaged boxes even more collectible when you find one ;)[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to clarify I did not necessarily think you were calling me or anyone else a whiner or any other name, there are just a few rude people doing so.

[quote name='therealdeal19']I hope they come out with a version without the boobies, since I don't think my wife would take kindly to that. :D :)[/QUOTE]
Could always buy it and ebay the mousepad!

[quote name='MSI Magus']Just wanted to clarify I did not necessarily think you were calling me or anyone else a whiner or any other name, there are just a few rude people doing so.[/QUOTE]

Got it. No worries.

[quote name='therealdeal19']I hope they come out with a version without the boobies, since I don't think my wife would take kindly to that. :D :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should ask her first? I was going to keep mine wrapped up until I was ready to play the game but my wife made me open it up so she could try out the boobie mouse pad herself. Fortunately for me she decided she didn't like the initial smell and gave it back to me.

Just got my copy in today. Even though it was wrapped with those air packets I still have a dent in the front of my box. As much as I would like a more pristine box, I can let it slide. I really wish they put a cardboard backing in though -_-

Mine arrived via Amazon today. Sadly, the box was damaged on mine (like many others). One of the corners took quite a bit of abuse. Something so trivial shouldn't bother me...but it kinda does. :l

This is the first SRPG I've touched in years. I'm enjoying it so far.

I got five of these I finally broke down because you guys talk about this game so much. What an incredible deal. Everybody should get at least two. Game of the year baby. Whoot...

NOT...

Got mine today from amazon and the box is perfect, hearing about all the dented boxes makes me not want to open it yet. Plus it's too distracting during finals.

[quote name='Link927']Just got my copy in today. Even though it was wrapped with those air packets I still have a dent in the front of my box. As much as I would like a more pristine box, I can let it slide. I really wish they put a cardboard backing in though -_-[/QUOTE]

Wow -- the collecting thing is going a bit crazy, doncha think? I mean I really don't see this item being a huge collector's item -- perhaps time will prove me wrong, but Tales of Vesperia CE this is not. It's also not particularly that great a game -- IMHO.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Wow -- the collecting thing is going a bit crazy, doncha think? I mean I really don't see this item being a huge collector's item -- perhaps time will prove me wrong, but Tales of Vesperia CE this is not. It's also not particularly that great a game -- IMHO.[/QUOTE]

I can understand the "collector's bug" and realize that some poeple only bought this LE because they though it might be worth something later and are therefore understandably bummed out if the box they got was less than perfect. I've been in that situation myself.

But I also think it is unfortunate that these people are missing out on the original intention (at least what I think it was) that this was supposed to be something FUN, in a quirky kind of way rather than an investment. The pillowcase is not supposed to be a 1,000 thread count silk, nor is the boobie mouse pad intended to meet OSHA guidelines for ergonomics, nor is the box supposed to be collector's grade cardstock with silkscreened graphics.

Unfortunately, some people took the whole thing more seriously than it was probably intended. I'm not saying they are wrong for doing so, and maybe it's a good thing that they have such a passion for collectible video games and LE/CE releases.

Maybe this whole reaction to the box indicates Aksys that there is an untapped market for higher priced and very unique Collectible Edition releases of games that include things like boobie mouse pads, pillow cases and maybe even bedsheets, underwear, panties and bras ;-)

I know they had an April Fool's ad on their web site for a Limited Edition release of one of their games with a HUGE box containing angel's wings, a leather whip, special underwear, etc. And while it was an April Fool's joke, I'm thinking that if they really offered such a thing there really would be people that would buy it regardless of the cost. I'm not judging anyone, but it it somewhat amusing to think about.

There is no actual nudity in the game.. I'm nearly done with generation four. The only "questionable material" is the part at the end of each generation where you choose a bride and a few suggestive scenes are shown. That's it.

[quote name='FlameOnMe']There is no actual nudity in the game.. I'm nearly done with generation four. The only "questionable material" is the part at the end of each generation where you choose a bride and a few suggestive scenes are shown. That's it.[/QUOTE]
Were you seriously expecting ANY nudity?

[quote name='romeogbs19']Wow -- the collecting thing is going a bit crazy, doncha think? I mean I really don't see this item being a huge collector's item -- perhaps time will prove me wrong, but Tales of Vesperia CE this is not. It's also not particularly that great a game -- IMHO.[/QUOTE]

Collecting does not have to mean hoarding rare and valuable games. Yes rare and valuable games are nice to have and their a gem in the collection....but their still just pieces of a larger collection. I know I personally like many others that collect do not simply sit around trying to find out how to get my hands on rare games in perfect condition. I still treasure my mint in box copy of Super Mario Brothers 3 even though its only worth $20, and even though my two world of warcraft expansion collectors editions are not even worth the MSRP value I am still glad i picked both up because they look amazing in my collection, same with Batman AA. So, it would be nice if you non collectors stopped making us all sound like assholes that sit on slickdeals all day trying to find expensive stuff to hoard or resell when value jumps.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Collecting does not have to mean hoarding rare and valuable games. Yes rare and valuable games are nice to have and their a gem in the collection....but their still just pieces of a larger collection. I know I personally like many others that collect do not simply sit around trying to find out how to get my hands on rare games in perfect condition. I still treasure my mint in box copy of Super Mario Brothers 3 even though its only worth $20, and even though my two world of warcraft expansion collectors editions are not even worth the MSRP value I am still glad i picked both up because they look amazing in my collection, same with Batman AA. So, it would be nice if you non collectors stopped making us all sound like assholes that sit on slickdeals all day trying to find expensive stuff to hoard or resell when value jumps.[/QUOTE]

Yea, no kidding. I collect RPGs, mostly, and I value Etrian Odysseys more than Nocturne, Suikoden II, and Einhander combined. The combined value of the 2 DS games is less than any of of the latter 3. I collect so that Atlus, Aksys, XSEED, and (sometimes) NIS will bring over more niche games, because most of my favorite games are niche games.

Part of the quality issues comes from my slight OCD as well, I'll admit.

[quote name='FlameOnMe']There is no actual nudity in the game.. I'm nearly done with generation four. The only "questionable material" is the part at the end of each generation where you choose a bride and a few suggestive scenes are shown. That's it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah -- the funniest thing about all this discussion over this allegedly "naughty" game is that it's really not naughty at all. I mean, the game is freaking rated T.

In the end, the marketing dept. wins b/c they were able to sell this honestly mediocre game to a bunch of guys who want to get laid :) Hey, not judging -- but games like these are *at least* in part why the videogame industry never gets the respect it deserves.

[quote name='romeogbs19']sell this honestly mediocre game to a bunch of guys who want to get laid :)[/QUOTE]

That's like saying "guys that eat food", and I'm pretty sure that targeting the group of guys that DON'T want to get laid would be the quickest path to total and utter failure :lol:

[quote name='romeogbs19'] but games like these are *at least* in part why the videogame industry never gets the respect it deserves.[/QUOTE]

For the sake of argument (or discussion), I disagree, because this is like saying that the television indusry doesn't get respect because of the existence of cartoons or soap operas. Any industry of any size will have a diverse set of customers with a diverse (and sometimes conflicting) set of interests.

Most of the people that don't have any respect for video games are people that didn't grow up with video games. Much like most of the parents that didn't grow up with Rock and Roll didn't have any respect for it.

The people that have respect and appreciation for the videogame industry are those that play video games, and there is no reason for people that don't play video games to have any respect for it...or understanding of it.

For me, the box art and marketing for RoAW (as well as the game) provides an entertaining "taste of Japan" (or at least a part of the Japanense gaming industry). It might not appeal to everyone and is definitely different than typical American-style products, but some of us found it amusing enough to buy the game, and some of those are actually playing it ;)

Ign review is up, 7.5, very positive for this game and while I'm sure the reviews will run the gamut of awful low scores to decently high ones anyway, I just loved this bit at the end:

"It's being marketed as an erotic SRPG, but in reality it's actually very tame. A little cleavage is all you're going to see here. I would rather it have gone more over-the-top with its sexuality, as that would have made it a more unique experience."

And you know, in a way, I think he makes a good point.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I know they had an April Fool's ad on their web site for a Limited Edition release of one of their games with a HUGE box containing angel's wings, a leather whip, special underwear, etc. And while it was an April Fool's joke, I'm thinking that if they really offered such a thing there really would be people that would buy it regardless of the cost. I'm not judging anyone, but it it somewhat amusing to think about.[/QUOTE]

I would buy it.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']That's like saying "guys that eat food", and I'm pretty sure that targeting the group of guys that DON'T want to get laid would be the quickest path to total and utter failure :lol:

For the sake of argument (or discussion), I disagree, because this is like saying that the television indusry doesn't get respect because of the existence of cartoons or soap operas. Any industry of any size will have a diverse set of customers with a diverse (and sometimes conflicting) set of interests.

Most of the people that don't have any respect for video games are people that didn't grow up with video games. Much like most of the parents that didn't grow up with Rock and Roll didn't have any respect for it.

The people that have respect and appreciation for the videogame industry are those that play video games, and there is no reason for people that don't play video games to have any respect for it...or understanding of it.

For me, the box art and marketing for RoAW (as well as the game) provides an entertaining "taste of Japan" (or at least a part of the Japanense gaming industry). It might not appeal to everyone and is definitely different than typical American-style products, but some of us found it amusing enough to buy the game, and some of those are actually playing it ;)[/QUOTE]

Well said, DarkonJohn, and I agree with you on many levels.

I guess I'm just not a big fan of marketing to the lowest male instincts. I clarify my earlier statement that RoAW seems aimed not at just males wanting to get laid, but that young teen crowd wanting to get laid (as in the American Pie audience some of us were once part of).

I'm certainly not opposed to games like RoAW; you are absolutely right that there is room in the industry (as there should be) for all sorts of genres. Heck, I'll defend Onechanbara any day. But I suppose games like RoAW, with its crazy add-ons garner far more media attention than it rightfully deserves. It reminds me of games like the The Guy Game which got heavy press when stores like Wal-Mart and TRU refused to carry it or pulled it from shelves. It's not that these games cannot co-exist with the industry, it's just that the Press cherry-pick them as news stories, and they sadly then become poster children for the industry in general.

It's a double-edged sword, of course. The publisher of course needs to sell the game so it wants to make a marketing splash. Again, I would have liked it had they taken a slightly less degenerative approach (you know, the whole -- hey, let's market this sucker as T&A, boobies, and more boobies, game).

There are so many other angles to sell this SRPG -- the generational component is merely a small piece of the pie, and even that could be marketed in a different way (just look at Fable or even how Atlus handled marketing Ar Tonelico in the US). Sometimes, less is more, I guess.

Anyways, ranting. Bottom-line, I agree with you :)

[quote name='Chuplayer']I would buy it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I confirmed I had a "collector of LE release" gene when my first reaction was "oh, that looks interesting...how much is it?" even though I have no real interest in any of the items it included. Fortunately it was a joke because I really don't have room for a box that size :lol:

Here's the link if you didn't see it already:
http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/04/01/deathsmiles-bdsm-uber-edition/

But it does give some insight into the kind of people that work at Aksys.

While they are running a business, it seems like what a company would be like if a bunch of people from these forums got together and started a company to import the unique Japanese SRPG games that aren't made in the U.S. Making money is something they have to do in order to keep bringing in new games, but anyone that thinks the are getting filthy rich off of doing this is probably very mistaken.

Price drop!
58.25 from Amazon with FSSS.
Dang no post order price guarantee policy.

In the absence of a total focus on dealyness, I'm submitting a question on gameplay;
What did I do wrong? I'm level 7, I've got a few more PP to use...I just went into the second exploration area and
got my butt stomped by king chicken. He did two special attacks which did 4k+ damage to a group of characters. I'm obviously missing something.

[quote name='dtcarson']Price drop!
58.25 from Amazon with FSSS.
Dang no post order price guarantee policy.

In the absence of a total focus on dealyness, I'm submitting a question on gameplay;
What did I do wrong? I'm level 7, I've got a few more PP to use...I just went into the second exploration area and
got my butt stomped by king chicken. He did two special attacks which did 4k+ damage to a group of characters. I'm obviously missing something.
[/QUOTE]

You don't get that close to him. You need to get a group attack of six together and whittle him away with magic.

Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, put all of your characters near him. He can easily kill you.

Plus, he can overkill you easily if you let the turns go by too fast. After turn five he can easily kill your team if they are bunched up. Spread them out, get an attack of six stringed ones together and whittle him down. He'll probably kill a person a turn, just revive them and keep moving.

It takes a few tries but eventually he'll keel.

ANd yes, you are incredibly underleveled.. I was at least level 12 at that area.

Oh my god, I thought I lost this thread. Thank God I found it again.

You can delete my postings but you cant move this thread. Typical. This is not a deal. Move it.

I posted about a 3 percent price drop, that's more of a deal than your posts. "Deal" with it.

Like it's said by all the immature kiddies who get up in arms about the horrors of potentially being carded to buy an M rated game, should those laws ever come pass [which I am for, as a parent and a gamer], "no one's forcing you to read/play it."

Thanks Flame, I'll try that. I have been using the 'unite and conquer' strategy so far which obviously I have to revisit for him.

[quote name='risktakr']Oh my god, I thought I lost this thread. Thank God I found it again.

You can delete my postings but you cant move this thread. Typical. This is not a deal. Move it.[/QUOTE]
Why are you acting like an ass dude? If you have no interest in the game or topic, move on and don't bother posting in it.

[quote name='dtcarson']
[/QUOTE]

wow ... this is sounding like La Pucelle. That giant whale monster thats lvl 40 in the beginning of the game.... seems like im gonna have loads of fun x]

[quote name='dtcarson']I posted about a 3 percent price drop, that's more of a deal than your posts. "Deal" with it.

Like it's said by all the immature kiddies who get up in arms about the horrors of potentially being carded to buy an M rated game, should those laws ever come pass [which I am for, as a parent and a gamer], "no one's forcing you to read/play it."

Thanks Flame, I'll try that. I have been using the 'unite and conquer' strategy so far which obviously I have to revisit for him.[/QUOTE]

If you have any other trouble just private message me and I can gladly help out. I'm nearly done with 4th generation so I know what's going on.

[quote name='MunkichioO']wow ... this is sounding like La Pucelle. That giant whale monster thats lvl 40 in the beginning of the game.... seems like im gonna have loads of fun x][/QUOTE]

La Pucelle is a cake walk compared to this one... the bosses only get harder and harder. Every boss fight you lose at least 1-2 characters first round...

[quote name='dtcarson']
[/QUOTE]

That's really weird. I beat that boss really easy and I was level 8 on hard mode. Plus, my characters are space pretty closed to each other. As long as you applied basic strategy and properly space your characters, there's not much difficulty in this game. Sometimes it's good to intentional get damage and build up your sp gauge. You can it kills most singularity bosses 2-3 turns. You should defiantly smith a couple of +100 atk items for your physical fighters.

[quote name='MunkichioO']wow ... this is sounding like La Pucelle. That giant whale monster thats lvl 40 in the beginning of the game.... seems like im gonna have loads of fun x][/QUOTE]

That's an optional battles you can skip it. At least it's nearly not as bad as Suikoden 3 where every stage you have a chance to fight a rare monster. I loss count how many people lost to rare tree monster on first stage.

[quote name='FlameOnMe']

La Pucelle is a cake walk compared to this one... the bosses only get harder and harder. Every boss fight you lose at least 1-2 characters first round...[/QUOTE]

That's funny I find this game more easier than La Pucelle so far. For the tree and Whale boss, no matter how well you position your characters, you will still lose. You need to level grind in order to achieve a special ending for that chapter. I know these are optional boss, but it really annoying they to beat since there's no game plus for that game. So far, I'm mid way of chapter 2 and I barely level grind for hard mode. The only thing that stop me from advance so far is this game.. it is so repetitive. I'm still force to fight these same grunt enemy over and over again for these story mission.

Cool, yeah, I went out of that dungeon and am spending a little more time to get another level and get the treasures from it, but I'll go back and try it again. It could be that I just didn't "work it" hard enough since for the most part the battles have not been too too challenging [but fun].

[quote name='nddave']50 shipped is my target for this one. I will buy this at 50[/QUOTE]

A lot of us got this for ~$45 shipped from GameStop. At least, I did.

[quote name='elessar123']A lot of us got this for ~$45 shipped from GameStop. At least, I did.[/QUOTE]

I did as well, its the only reason im not raising holy hell about my boxes condition.

[quote name='Agentredd']If I buy this just for the extra crap would any cags be interested in buying the game it's self dirt cheap?[/QUOTE]

yes. very interested (send me a message via CAG) i can't message you on this computer (work)

[quote name='Agentredd']If I buy this just for the extra crap would any cags be interested in buying the game it's self dirt cheap?[/QUOTE]

Question: Why would you want "extra crap" for a game you are willing to sell dirt cheap? Are you simply hoping the swag will appreciate in value, or are you hoping to get the game by itself cheaper later?
I'm just curious. I like tchotchkes, but not if I have no interest in the content they're representing or from.

[quote name='Vortextk']Does the auto battle work for grinding after you're a bit above whatever you're fighting?[/QUOTE]

It "Can."

The best spot for auto grinding in generation one is right before you fight the two generals after going through a four-battle sequence on a coast. The Final area right above the general fight harbors two mages and two other incredibly weak creatures, but yields TONS of experience and you can auto battle them without fear of ever losing someone.

Auto battle though tends to be a wild card, as though sometimes the computer is smart and then other times it's absolutely abysmal... plus you NEVER use it for boss battles. It will always set you up to fail.

Wasn't planning on playing soon but I've hated srpgs just because I HATE leveling individual characters(haven't read up much on this game though). I mean, I do enjoy leveling and grinding, somewhat, but it gets old having to switch to every character I can to do some actions with them to net them some xp. I don't even know if this game works like that, but it'd be nice to cut down on the time I have to do it a bit.

Guess I'll see when I finally play.

[quote name='Vortextk']Wasn't planning on playing soon but I've hated srpgs just because I HATE leveling individual characters(haven't read up much on this game though). I mean, I do enjoy leveling and grinding, somewhat, but it gets old having to switch to every character I can to do some actions with them to net them some xp. I don't even know if this game works like that, but it'd be nice to cut down on the time I have to do it a bit.

Guess I'll see when I finally play.[/QUOTE]

Whatever you do, don't use all 3 of the girls you are supposed to marry at the end. I did that in generation one and was left with only 3 leveled characters and 3 heavily crappy characters at generation two... that made that one an incredible pain for the first few hours. Just pick whichever you need and work with her. The kid produced at the end doesn't matter about levels just about your horoscope and your affinity towards her, that's it.

bread's done
Back