Red Alert 3 -UPRISING EXPANSION ANNOUNCED!!

Wow, that just made my day. I seriously cannot wait for this one. I always preferred the Red Alert C&C games to the Tiberium ones. This should be awesome.

[quote name='Kayden']I has beta access. =D[/quote]

I haz beta access too, so you no special than me!

[quote name='Quintessence']Do speak of cool details![/quote]

Everyone who pre-ordered/bought Kane's wrath got beta access codes to the game which will kick in over the summer, leading many including myself that we will get a fall 2008 release of the game.

I might just skip the beta because I know RA3 will be awesome!

:bouncy:

I miss Westwood :( I used to be a HUGE C&C fan (Red Alert 2 was my game for few years). I hate what EA did to it.

Wow, the game looks way too "busy." Between the overly-detailed vehicles and weird water effects (did someone dump 5 billion liters of chemicals out there?), it's difficult to ascertain what's going on or differentiate the units from one another -- especially during naval combat.

If my computer could run anything decent I might have gotten Kane's Wrath for the PC, but for now, I am waiting for the Xbox 360 version of it.

Anyone else get the awesome C&C soundtrack collection when they purchased RA2 from Best Buy? That was probably the last time I felt good about buying something from that damn store hehe

[quote name='Serik']Anyone else get the awesome C&C soundtrack collection when they purchased RA2 from Best Buy? That was probably the last time I felt good about buying something from that damn store hehe[/quote]

eh?

I bought my CE from Eb down in Miami, FL when RA2 came out... Came with a tessla trooper puter (sp?) the behind the scenes bonus dvd and the soundtrack cd.

Unfortunately i LOST the soundtrack cd! :(

No excuses this time.... the CE needs to have a CD Soundtrack...last year's Kane edition was too much fluff.

Profiles are up for some of the units in the OP including the KIROV!!!!! :drool:

This is gonna be the PC game of the year.

Kirov reporting!

Red Alert 2 is the only game I've ever beat more than three times.

The last Soviet mission, where you have to destroy the Allied chronosphere in Alaska is my favorite. Spam them with 2 dozen Kirovs and lay waste!

[quote name='Serik']Kirov reporting!

Red Alert 2 is the only game I've ever beat more than three times.

The last Soviet mission, where you have to destroy the Allied chronosphere in Alaska is my favorite. Spam them with 2 dozen Kirovs and lay waste![/quote]

The Soviet missions were a bitch compared to the allies. I did not go back and finish the Soviet missions until a few months later after I bought it.

I can't wait til they announce a "True" Collectors edition featuring a peuter (sp?) figure and cd soundtrack (perhaps containing music from all three RA games?) and a bonus dvd.

After playing a few matches online, I can say this game really isn't fun as is. It has interesting ideas, but requires too much for too little.

Instead of harvesting fields, there are mines you set your refineries up infront of. Its pretty much 1 refinery, 1 harvester and 1 mine. It should allow you to set two harvestors per mine, but when you do it it just spazes out and drops ore on the ground.

There seems to be too many hard counters. The game is 10 minutes of base building and then whoever wins the paper rock scissors battle wins the game. Buildings go down in a few seconds and units take too long to build.

The Japanese have a very interesting gameplay dynamic where all their buildings are vehicles you build and then deploy and they have no air unit building. All Japanese air units are mechs that transform from land or sea units. The only problem being that the different modes have different means of attack. The helicopter can only attack air on the ground but can only attack the ground in the air. They have 4-5 units with this mechanic and its too much to micro manage in battle. I'd write more, but I'm at work.

Nothing against Billy D, M. Ironside, and the rest but the cast for this game and overall production values for this look much better then C&C3. I'm curious how Kain and Nod fits into this as it always does.

Can't fucking wait. I just wished the beta wasn't multiplayer or had bots. I still haven't been able to play and mess around with the super advanced units because some people out there are too good.

The new Tanya is Jenny McCarthy :|

I am curious how corny the dialog will be in this one.

I know Kane had a cameo in RA1 but I don't think he was ever seen in RA2. The RA series takes place in an alternate time line than the gloomy Tiberium future. Logic gets thrown out the window in this series :p

Day 1 purchase for me (CE!)

True but I have a feeling he will make some kind of showing. Just the way EA is handling things seems to suggest that he will make a cameo of some sort. Might just be me wanting it though. ^_^

Anyway I will also be getting the collecters edition. I wonder if the beta key it comes with is for Tiberium. Probably.

God damn it, I have truly lost my RA2 soundtrack cd that came with the CE version of the game. I know I can download it but it's nice to have the cd.
EA has still not released the full cd soundtrack to CNC3 :bomb:

Also lets hope they decide to add those pewder (sp?) figures like they did with RA2 and CNC2. I still have them, somewhere....

Yes, we finally have a hell march 3. Nobody captures the C&C universe and feel other than Frank Klepacki. Man lol that was sweet CGI, did you see the mud move from the mech's foot! Lol little details but I noticed. I'm not going to get this day one, they're going to piss me off because this has potential but I'll be asking for it for Christmas no doubt.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yes, we finally have a hell march 3. Nobody captures the C&C universe and feel other than Frank Klepacki. Man lol that was sweet CGI, did you see the mud move from the mech's foot! Lol little details but I noticed. I'm not going to get this day one, they're going to piss me off because this has potential but I'll be asking for it for Christmas no doubt.[/quote]

I feel like taking that day off for this game, but I only have 3 days this year :( Oh well I will just pick it up after work. Red Alert 3 PE will be mine!!!

I am actually going to feel jelious for those people getting it for the 360. That intro is going to be epic on a 37+ inch TV. Oh well me and my 22 incher monitor will have to do :|

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but then again they're stuck playing an RTS on a console ;)

1920x1200 24'' is still the greatest as far as I'm concerned.

What's the most ridiculous unit in the game so far? Parachuting bears or transport that shoots people out using a cannon?

[quote name='Serik']Yeah, but then again they're stuck playing an RTS on a console ;)

1920x1200 24'' is still the greatest as far as I'm concerned.

What's the most ridiculous unit in the game so far? Parachuting bears or transport that shoots people out using a cannon?[/quote]

Who knows, after RA2, things got wierd but hey it's a lot of goofy fun right?

I do miss the attack dogs though :(

They should release the soundtrack for free. That would be some ace marketing right there.

Nah I doubt they'll give us the soundtrack free, it looks like they're putting in a lot of money for orchestras and Russian male singers lol. Frank released his cd of Universe at War for free on his site but that was Petroglyph.

This is supposed to come with a code for a hat in Warhammer Online. My Warhammer Online came with a code for an exclusive map. Anyone want to trade when this comes out?

I'm hoping in some way I'll be able to run this with my 128mb 9800 Pro... even though the min requirements are twice that.

aint gonna happen my friend.

That's why I upgraded this month. I know my upgrade is overkill but this game is sooooooooooo worth it.

Can't wait til Wednesday. I am pre-ordered and ready! :bouncy:

So everyone purchasing this game near launch gets an exclusive warhammer item code. Would anyone of you guys be willing to trade your code for the C&C Map code I received from purchasing Warhammer near launch?

[quote name='FFMooglestar']So everyone purchasing this game near launch gets an exclusive warhammer item code. Would anyone of you guys be willing to trade your code for the C&C Map code I received from purchasing Warhammer near launch?[/quote]

I have no intrest in the warhammer code I get from the PE. Map code C&C? You mean Red Alert 3 or CNC3?

Anyways Launch trailer up!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42046.html

That looks awesome and was a good trailer but I'm just gonna predict this will feel like a C&C3 mod, gameplay will be too fast, and there will be poor balancing. I'm a C&C fan but I've been burned too many times by EA. On a side note I'm halfway in the Supreme Commander campaign so I'm already playing naval. No dolphins though haha.

chances are the map is going to be posted somewhere on line sometime this weekend.

like I said, I don't care for warhammer, so who ever wants it PM me by Wednesday night.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I have no intrest in the warhammer code I get from the PE. Map code C&C? You mean Red Alert 3 or CNC3?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, totally meant map code for Red Alert 3, anyway you have a PM!

PCGamer gave this a 92%... Anyone know where I can read the review?

I mean, is this the same PCG that gave Warcraft II at 94% and Starcraft something like a 87% or 89%? I'm guessing not? 92% means a lot to me coming from PCGamer.

Gamerankings has ~86%... Not bad so far...

Edit: Nvm, gotta go to gamesradar for it

Why is it that some games "ship" aka go towards your store on the shipping date, where other (usually larger) games "ship" aka are available in store on the shipping date? My RA3 being available tomorrow throws a wrench in my plans for the week to pick it up, not a lot of free time. Damn.

[quote name='Serik']Gamespy gives it 4/5 stars. The listed cons:

"Simplistic single-player mission design; not much strategic depth."

Uh, what? How can an RTS with those faults get anything above 3 stars?[/quote]

Well all I know is one of the producers of the game used to work at Gamespot so I'd look towards a review not related to that site or staff.

Yea if the single player sucks than why do we look forward to the awesome co-op feature?!

bread's done
Back